It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by PGTWEED

In the dark times of World War 2, as Nazi Germany was slaughtering europe's Jewish People and Faith. G-D, The Holy One of Israel allowed the Allied Bombing Raids to increase in intensity to kill an equal measure of Germans as the Nazis increased their slaughter the Jewish People.

Interesting comment, did you know the bible predicted this symbolically in Revelation, one slight difference he wasn't protecting the Jews, but rather the few Christians of faith left in Germany that were in the camps as objectors of Nazism.

Revelations 12: 15-17

15Then out of his mouth the serpent spouted forth water like a flood after the woman, that she might be carried off with the torrent. 16But the earth came to the rescue of the woman, and the ground opened its mouth and swallowed up the stream of water which the dragon had spouted from his mouth. 17So then the dragon was furious (enraged) at the woman, and he went away to wage war on the remainder of her descendants--[on those] who obey God's commandments and who have the testimony of Jesus Christ [and adhere to it and bear witness to Him].
The Woman is identified as the Nation of Israel. The Holy One of Israel was judging the Gentile Nation slaughtering His Chosen People. The Jewish People and Faith. Measure for Measure or An Eye for an Eye. Revelation 12 could be applied for the Holocaust but, most likely it is for a future event yet to occur for the Nation of Israel.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
If the average person could finally learn that the choice is not between religious faith or an acceptance of oblivion upon corporeal death, then it might go a long way toward freeing people to believe what they know to be true, instead of clinging to faith as if it's an existential lifeboat. It's the psychological schism that embracing what you know, deep inside, to be literally impossible - as an eternal life insurance policy - that twists the modern society's individual and his/her experience of conscious existence. Eliminating the contradiction between the traditional theological narrative and what the 21st century modern human clearly knows to be factual and logical, would relieve a lot of the need for the kind of lockstep dogmatic thinking that's required to allow for a relationship between humanity and its notion of God.

It's a very different time than it was in 70 AD. It's time to fix the problem that the largest theology in the world has with the obvious aspects of reality. If this can be done, the ripple effect will be overwhelming, and will transform all notions of faith and religion.
edit on 12/14/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

A whole lot of truth here, and well-put, but I think you're talking over the heads of the average person posting on this thread.

I quoted you in entirety because I thought it was worthwhile, but even now I'm guessing that anyone reading what you shared is trying to figure out where to peg you! Which of course is a big part of the problem. People typically have only a few "boxes" to put people when it comes to these matters. But it is time to get out of those boxes.

I'm an agnostic, and some would perhaps prefer to put me in the "atheist" box (small nuances you know!), since I won't believe in their god, but the conclusion that the typical religionist jumps to is that I "must" therefore "believe" there is nothing after death. Worse, you get the crowd who can't even conceive of morality when their god is absent the equation. Sheesh. It does get old.

OK, no one seems to have taken you up on your "challenge"...

"It's time to fix the problem that the largest theology in the world has with the obvious aspects of reality. If this can be done, the ripple effect will be overwhelming, and will transform all notions of faith and religion."

I personally think that sounds intriguing, and invite you to elaborate.

JR

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I have never thought of myself as one of the
highly esteemed christian writers on ATS.I
want to thank-you for your kind thoughts and
your post,I don't deserve it,but I do appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth
That was based mostly on the people who had you listed as friend. That does show some measure of respect.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Firewater

What utter ranting....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You guys crack me up.

This thread feels like being back in grade three, when all I ever wanted was to be a university professor. Talk about being held back just because everyone else failed, it's not FAIR!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Firewater

Can't agree with you more, George Orwell and Aldous Huxley were futurists not sci-fi writers =)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I wonder as how much time and effort has been wasted over this arguement as to who or whom controls the earthy basement?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Willy1959

I am so honored that your first time posting on ATS
is on one of my threads.Welcome aboard and enjoy
the flight.
How would you end all religions on this planet?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Willy1959

If only it wasn't all dirt and mud, and had a NICE foundation, something constructive, magnificent, eternal.. for a house we can all call our own.

People would have to do the work of thinking, and of having a felt experience relative to that which is rock solid, and sadly, as this thread demonstrates, that is just not the case, at all.

They would prefer to assume while sitting idly by, as everything falls apart, instead of actually leaning in, and helping out to make everything function again, as per the original design.

It's a crying shame actually, not a minor, insignificant thing at all.

edit on 15-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Ghost147
Considering that the vast, VAST majority of religions are short lived as it is, and our current record of the global population of all religions (especially Christianity) are all on a mass decline...

If you think religion is in a mass decline, how do you explain the recent explosion of Christians in Asia? Lol... Sorry, you have been misinformed. After China lifted its control over religion, Christianity went into a massive boom in Asia based countries. Japan, China, and S. Korea are living a modern-day Christian revival.

edit on 14-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

Simply because there's a boom in one area doesn't necessarily mean the entire population of a religion is exceeding what it's population was last year, or two years ago, especially when the rate of decline is much larger than the rate of gain.

2 minus 4 plus 1 still means that 4 is declining.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
See, here is the type of game that >I< wanted to play..

While re-cognizing, at the same time, the importance of an indespensible I-thou relationship with the absolute.

"The God Theory" by Bernard Haisch
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249274834&sr=8-1

Haisch is an astrophysicist whose professional positions include Staff Scientist at the Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory, Deputy Director for the Center for Extreme Ultraviolet Astrophysics at the University of California, Berkeley, and Visiting Fellow at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching, Germany. His work has led to close involvement with NASA; he is the author of over 130 scientific papers; and was the Scientific Editor of the Astrophysical Journal for nine years, as well as the editor in chief of the Journal of Scientific Exploration.

an excerpt

If you think of whitte light as a metaphor of infinite, formless potential, the colors on a slide or frame of film become a structured reality grounded in the polarity that comes about through intelligent subtraction from that absolute formless potential. It results from the limitation of the unlimited. I contend that this metaphor provides a comprehensible theory for the creation of a manifest reality (our universe) from the selective limitation of infinite potential (God)...
If there exists an absolute realm that consists of infinite potential out of which a created realm of polarity emerges, is there any sensible reason not to call this "God"? Or to put it frankly, if the absolute is not God, what is it? For our purposes here, I will indentify the Absolute with God. More precisely I will call the Absolute the Godhead. Applying this new terminology to the optics analogy, we can conclude that our physical universe comes about when the Godhead selectively limits itself, taking on the role of Creator and manifesting a realm of space and time and, within that realm, filtering out some of its own infinite potential...
Viewed this way, the process of creation is the exact opposite of making something out of nothing. It is, on the contrary, a filtering process that makes something out of everything. Creation is not capricious or random addition; it is intelligent and selective subtraction. The implications of this are profound.

If the Absolute is the Godhead, and if creation is the process by which the Godhead filters out parts of its own infinite potential to manifest a physical reality that supports experience, then the stuff that is left over, the residue of this process, is our physical universe, and ourselves included. We are nothing less than a part of that Godhead - quite literally.

Next, by Ervin Laszlo

Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything, 2004
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-1

And, his other seminal work
Science and the Reenchantment of the Cosmos: The Rise of the Integral Vision of Reality
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-6

Ervin Laszlo is considered one of the foremost thinkers and scientists of our age, perhaps the greatest mind since Einstein. His principal focus of research involves the Zero Point Field. He is the author of around seventy five books (his works having been translated into at least seventeen languages), and he has contributed to over 400 papers. Widely considered the father of systems philosophy and general evolution theory, he has worked as an advisor to the Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. He was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in both 2004 and 2005. A multidisciplinarian, Laszlo has straddled numerous fields, having worked at universities as a professor of philosophy, music, futures studies, systems science, peace studies, and evolutionary studies. He was a sucessful concert pianist until he was thirty eight.

In his view, the zero-point field (or the Akashic Field, as he calls it) is quite literally the "mind of God".

Naming Hal Puthoff, Roger Penrose, Fritz-Albert Popp, and a handful of others as "front line investigators", Laszlo quotes Puthoff who says of the new scientific paradigm:

[What] would emerge would be an increased understanding that all of us are immersed, both as living and physical beings, in an overall interpenetrating and interdependant field in ecological balance with the cosmos as a whole, and that even the boundary lines between the physical and "metaphysical" would dissolve into a unitary viewpoint of the universe as a fluid, changing, energetic/informational cosmological unity."

an excert from Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything

Akasha (a . ka . sha) is a Sanskrit word meaning "ether": all-pervasive space. Originally signifying "radiation" or "brilliance", in Indian philosophy akasha was considered the first and most fundamental of the five elements - the others being vata (air), agni (fire), ap (water), and prithivi (earth). Akasha embraces the properties of all five elements: it is the womb from which everything we percieve with our senses has emerged and into which everything will ultimately re-descend. The Akashic Record (also called The Akashic Chronicle) is the enduring record of all that happens, and has ever happened, in space and time."

Laszlo's view of the history of the universe is of a series of universes that rise and fall, but are each "in-formed" by the existence of the previous one. In Laszlo's mind, the universe is becoming more and more in-formed, and within the physical universe, matter (which is the crystallization of intersecting pressure waves or an interference pattern moving through the zero-point field) is becoming increasing in-formed and evolving toward higher forms of consciousness and realization.

------------

According to James Oroc's experiences (Tryptamine Palace), when the ego is dissolved in consciousness through the temporary formation of a type of neurological "Bose Einstein Condensate", there is no real dilineation or distinction between individual consciousness and God-consciousness or the universal "akashic field" (Lazslo) aka Zero Point Field.

So what are you guys up to?

What game are YOU playing there in that sandbox?

Is it fun for you, you don't look like you're having much fun there..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
2 minus 4 plus 1 still means that 4 is declining.

I guess then that YOUR side must be winning!

Absurd I say!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Easiest way to end all religions - stop any sort of religious learnings/chantings/songs or any other well worn indoctrination techniques before the age of 10 -and then see how many people stay religious as they grow old.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My forte is accually digging people out of messes with finances, showing them how to act as executors of their earthy estate.

I ve be showing people how we been robbed since the day we have born. That is another topic though.

I blame everything on our constant belief that everything we been told is true but when you start digging its not.

People never will admit they been hoodwinked. They will never get of their behinds and look at past history.

99% of the population this planet want to be told what to do, yet they never question as to who or whom is giving the information out.

Its always second hand information.

The other problem is the play on words and there original meaning.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by The Djin

Yeah it's funny that, they know the truth that Atheists, Agnostics and even Deists can't possibly know. I mean that kind of information is not even in the grasps of science, yet the Christians and Theists seem to KNOW what God is like, let alone whether a divine supernatural being actually created the universe.

It's actually hilarious that they get away it.

When i say hilarious i actually mean awful.

Given the same evidence, or lack there-of, for you personally, how could you make conclusions as to what God is *not*? Its using the same evidence, and going to the doubt side instead of the faith side. but as i said before, there is faith in your doubt, right?

Either way, when you say, with such "legitimacy," that the same lack of evidence viewed from a different limited human perspective is somehow noble and "right" is misleading at best. If you were to say "I simply dont know, but this is what i think," then we would be on the same page. How do you know any better than those you belittle? You may say you dont make decisions off of it and that God doesnt control your life, but you may want to think into that one a bit more. The same core belief of God shapes your life just as much as a "believer," just from a position of doubt instead of faith.

How do you know what God is not? Science? Opinion? Bias? Discrediting others beliefs, which you cant possibly know any better than they do?

When you say "they" ill throw myself in there too. You are wrong about how i see the world, but its likely i am too. Yet, you seem the take the liberty to define my beliefs to better suit your point, which is certainly not uncommon. Are you prepared to be wrong?

Science does not, or should not, take lack of evidence as proof of anything, it is a *lack* of proof. Especially in such a circumstance or concept as God, where our perspectives, very limited knowledge, and simple machines simply can not even touch on the subject. We are still figuring out what animals are on our planet. And beyond that, we as humans, are limited by what we can comprehend. Though we may think of ourselves so highly as to disregard such a statement, we are very simple creatures.

I saw someone say the faithful are always "us vs them." "they do that best." Can you not see the seething hypocrisy in such words? It all just turns into a self-righteous witch hunt. Every time. Its so easy to tear apart anothers beliefs without putting your own limited beliefs forward. So, if you view "us vs them" as a problem, perhaps you should take a look at your own actions as well. You realize you are talking to individuals and not directly to a belief system, right? We are all trying to figure "it" out, right? In that, we can help one another by seeing the sheer diversity of viewpoints, even within the same idealogy (whether it be doubt or faith based). This is where we start learning. Do all atheists believe the same thing? no. Do all christians believe the same thing? no. Using blanket terms to somehow prove some point that you can not possibly know is *not* science, and is *not* logical. The supposed link between science and atheism, i personally find laughable at best. Science is limited by human perspective, just as religion.

In the end, those that are seeking truth will find. those lost in the trappings of their own mind are simply in a whirlpool. If you are willing to consider, and not just in a passing sense, that everything you know may be wrong.. thats a good first step. Move out of the doubt, and into the faith
Because, as i asked before there is faith in your doubt, isnt there?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
My only problem with atheists, is first they assume, then, they presume, that they are "thinking outside of the box", when all the while, their framework, for the relativity of human being, in creation, is no framework at all! It's crazy, and ah.., un-informed.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Truthfully if people knew ANYTHING about physics, they would know that something had to make the rules that brought the universe into existance. If not our universe, then the 11th dimensional universe (ala m-theory). Even Einstein believed in a form of God (albeit not personal).

You people that advocate slaughtering all religious people are the most hypocritical bunch ever. You claim that all Muslims should be exterminated because a few bad apples want to make you convert, or cut your head off. So your solution is.... make THEM convert, or cut THEIR heads off?. Not only them, but ALL religious people in the world. Utter fail. LOL
edit on 15-12-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

It WOULD be absolutely hilarious, if it wasn't so sad, and so terribly ignorant, foolish, even childish.

But I choose to laugh anyway!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yeah, its funny... Because about 90% of the world is religious. The only other group that I know that wants to exterminate 90% of the world and start a religionless utopia is... well... THE NEW WORLD ORDER.

You dumbasses that want to kill all religious people are the unwitting arm of the NWO, so don't act like you don't support them. Idiots.

Not to mention you guys would have loved Mao, Pol Pot, and Stalin. They must be your role models.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join