It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare ruled unconstitutional

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by maybereal11

They tried to get the Public Option and the Insurance Exchange established but was defeated by the GOP and thier Insurance company lobbyists group masters and made sure it never got passed so that blame lies solely and squarely at tthe feet of the GOP and no one else.

I think you misread my post if you think I disagree with yours?....

My point being that simple cost to revenues requires EITHER the Public Option OR the Mandate.

The Mandate was originally concieved by the GOP....before they opposed it. They pitched it back with Hillarycare to avoid the public option.

It is only recently that the GOP decided to oppose the mandate as part of the "Hell No" oppose everything strategy.

If the mandate is overturned...everyone will have NO CHOICE...DEM or GOP...but to call for a Public Option...or the healthcare industry will stop making money and decline.

Reform must happen...

GOP ..prefers mandate (aside from the rhetoric)
Dems..prefer Public Option

There is no third choice without bankrupting either the middle class or the healthcare industry.

It is that simple.
edit on 13-12-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by scoutsniper

YES to all the above....especially the removal of the Fed! Btw, did I mention I'm a vet? LOl

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The federal judge set to issue one of the first decisions on the Obama administration's health care law has financial ties to both the attorney general who is challenging the law and to a powerhouse conservative law firm whose clients include prominent Republican officials and critics of reform.

This week, District Court Judge Henry E. Hudson is likely to render a procedural verdict on the Virginia Attorney General's lawsuit which contends that the federal health care overhaul is unconstitutional. The Bush appointee has been hearing oral arguments in his Richmond courtroom dating back to March. His verdict could serve as an important template for more than a dozen other states following Virginia's lead.

But with power comes scrutiny. And as judgment day approaches, a Democratic source sends over judicial disclosure forms Hudson filed that could raise questions about his impartiality. From 2003 through 2008, Hudson has been receiving "dividends" from Campaign Solutions Inc., among other investments. In 2008, he reported income of between $5,000 and $15,000 from the firm. (Data from 2009 was not available at the Judicial Watch database.)

Also worth noting? The article's time stamp.

First Posted: 07-30-10 01:16 PM

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I'm in near complete agreeance to what you have said and am not challenging you. Just reiteraiting to the idiots what the truth really is as you are not in that group. End the tax cuts and watch the money for both the exchange and option become availible.

Star for you for being grounded in reality!

edit on 13-12-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Vet huh? What branch? What years? See any action? Oh....watch your 6. There are a few Vet haters at ATS as you well know.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yeah< they embrace a "security blanket", but then when something happens, they question the very means that blanket is provided?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I got the same "treatment" when i got back to the "world" (1972-1976) during the time there was a small disagreement over a small sliver of land in SE Asia.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Hate to ask the obvious...TRICARE, VA health care, or CHAMPUS etc.?

I only ask because I would find it odd that two folks so loudly opposed to HCR would be already covered through government paid for healthcare?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I would love to know the answer to that question.

But I'm sure an excuse would follow as to why it is ok for them and not others.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I have had 5 major surgeries that I paid for along with my insurance company. It didn't hurt me. I left the military do to the fact that I shall not have any one telling me what to do, when to do it or how to do it. (Robert Reich Clinton admin: "we need to tell the American public what to do because they are too stupid to know how") There are those of us that are "Our Own Man". We rely on our own selves and we take offense to those that think it is their job to tell us how to live. IE(Communism) The word I have chosen is called "Freedom". Any one that served honorably and is discharged after their time of service isn't getting "free"(sic) health care unless they retired from the military. I didn't need "obama care" then and I sure as "heck" don't need it now. I have no use for obama, his toadies, roadies and the sheeple he has brain washed. "Old men don't fist fight and don't get scared; they just "shoot to kill". The only thing that obama will have done "right" will be when he leaves the White House permanently. He hasn't been right about anything and he never will be. He loves communism, let him move to N. Korea and get a taste of it first hand.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Uh not quite.

My support for abortion, gay marriage, and getting jesus out of public pretty much makes republicans hate me too.

I am pro freedom, and neither the D's or the R's platform is something I like.

You should really try harder next time kid.

Then let's see you in those threads...you seem oddly silent on them...except here in an attempt to defend yourself.

I am against abortion, support gay marriage, but don't mind Jesus or any other religious symbol in public...but I don't run around claiming I'm against both the left and the right and then only bash one side.

Your actions are what define you....sorry.

Try checking my post history, you will see I frequently post against religion in all forms. You will also see me supporting the full legalization of all "drugs" on the Constitutional grounds that government has no power to dictate what adults may or may not do with their own body.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoutsniper

I have had 5 major surgeries that I paid for along with my insurance company. It didn't hurt me.

Wow. Well I have had 2 major surgeries in the past 5 years...one my insurance partially paid for...one my insurance decided not to pay for.

My wife has had 2 surgeries and 2 births in the past 5 years.

Insurance coverage only covered the first birth since she was employed at the time, but after they laid her off, she was denied coverage by all insurers for a "pre-existing condition'

So far over the past 5 years we have totaled up about 80k in medical expenses.

So I guess what I am saying is...it DID hurt me...

I left the military do to the fact that I shall not have any one telling me what to do, when to do it or how to do it.

A wise choice leaving the military...following orders is a prequisite. Odd that you would talk about vet bashers, when you seem to be bashing military service in your post.

My brother is Afghanistan with the Cavalry ...before that Iraq...so you can save the "liberal vet basher" BS for someone else.

As for the rest of your post I'll be frank...It's tired and it's boring...I don't care.
It is your opinion and a rant absent any intelligable thought...I hear better constructed critisizms from Beck or Limbaugh and they are dumb people. Obama is a communist yada, yada. I have no interest in BS.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This is subjected to appellate court before the Supreme Court. So the 4th Circuit I believe will get their chance at if this judge's ruling stands or not.

His arguments are quite logical and compelling in regards to how this can be seen as an erroneous and overstepping use of the Commerce Clause. Furthermore he illustrated the slight of hand that was being played by the Administration and members of Congress. Claiming they have the Constitutional right to require the People to entering to a contract under their Constitutional authority of taxation; while turning around and pushing talking points that this isn't a tax.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dbriefed

This is a beautiful thing, the govt should NOT be allowed to force you to buy something you dont WANT

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Beck and Limbaugh are hardly dumb. They figured a way to make millions simply by talking.

Obviously you arent making that kind of money, so who is the truly dumb one?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Beck and Limbaugh are hardly dumb. They figured a way to make millions simply by talking.

Obviously you arent making that kind of money, so who is the truly dumb one?

Financial success and intelligence are not directly correlated.

A lot of other factors play a part.

Moral bankruptcy is great quality to have if you want to be rich.

An ability to not feel shame is also a great quality to have.

I have met and chatted with Millionaires of every variety through my work...and even sat down with a Billionaire once. The Billionaire...Bright guy, no denying...bright, fierce, had "presence"...the Millionaires? Some were sharp...some were lucky...many were just morally bankrupt and shameless and would sell thier own mother for a nickel. Very few of them left me thinking "wow" that guy is brilliant.

Bernie Madoff was unique in that he was both morally bankrupt and bright and aggressive.

That is how he stole more money than any human being in the planets history.

Many of the brightest folks I have met in my life make very little money.

Money does not equal intelligence or vice-versa.

Money doesn't equal happiness either BTW....it's cliche, but oddly true.
edit on 13-12-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

And yet you go on and on about whow is me, and yet judge someones else's comments?
Its typical from a one sided argument. Bring out the whaaabulance, we got another one of " those " on our hands~

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Does this mean I can cancel my useless auto insurance? I don't want it, don't need it. But the Govt steadily keeps telling me I have to have it.

Did this judge set precedent to set me free from insurance! YAY!! F the insurance companies!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

- This product is different than the mandated car insurance in that a person doesn't HAVE to buy a car, but if they decide to do so then they have to get car insurance.

I live in Houston. You HAVE to have a car here, public transportation in almost non-existant. depending on your geographical location, a car can be a MUST have.

It is exactly the same as auto insurance, don't let them fool you.

The insurance companies have a strong and well funded lobby, if health insurance is unconstitutional, so is auto insurance, mortgage insurance, etc.

This is beautiful, I hope the SCOTUS agrees with this.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

And yet you go on and on about whow is me, and yet judge someones else's comments?
Its typical from a one sided argument. Bring out the whaaabulance, we got another one of " those " on our hands~

Honestly don't know what you are jabbering about.

Feel free to judge my comments...that's kinda the whole point of a forum.

I am far from "Whow is me"...I think you meant "whoa" is me?
Well I am not one for feeling self-pity, just the opposite.

I offered my personal experience with medical expenses in an effort to enlighten the odd opinion that folks in the USA aren't struggling under medical debt.

Obviously you weren't interested in an opposing view...inconvenient those facts aren't they? Try this one out..

Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies
articles.cnn.com...:HEALTH

And maybe stop with the BS that the healthcare system isn't crushing folks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join