It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ron Paul Tells The Truth About WikiLeaks Infront Of Congress

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Like him or hate him, he tells the truth. he doesn't tell you just the parts that make you feel warm and gushy inside, he tells the whole thing. That is what people can't grasp. Just before the housing market crashed, he was explaining why bailouts weren't the answer. He described the repercussions to a T. Now, he is still categorized as a kook by the media. the same media that makes you a nut job if you see a UFO. I think the Assange thing is right on. He just pulled the curtain down. He didn't create the documents, he just showed them. Don't like it, then don't do the things that he is showing or at the very least, don't print memos about it and then get pissed when someone reads them. Ron Paul is usually right. You don't have to like it, but it is the way it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ok... after watching the derailment of this thread ( and laughing at some of the comments
) , I was hoping, and indeed not doubting, it would eventually get back on topic so I can ask a question!

As a Canadian, I'm far from 100% aware as to what goes on during these congressional hearings. I am aware of Ron Paul, and he seems to be the real deal, at least IMHO, anyway.

This was an incredible speech, and I feel he's right on the money. Now, what I want to know is, what goes on after a speech like this? Do they actually sit around like adults and discuss what he just said? Do they rail him for bringing up such blasphemy? Or do they move on to the next topic as if nothing was ever said?

Its great to see this stuff being brought up at the high levels of government... but, will it actually achieve something?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by oaf21
Or do they move on to the next topic as if nothing was ever said?

they move on to the next speaker within a min or 2
on a totally different topic. one of the reasons why
congress is dysfunctional

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

Unfortunately no. A lot of people leave when he speaks or turn around and talk to their aids. They are all givin a certain amount of time to give a speech each session or introduce new legislature. Usually it's about 2-4 minutes but people can yield their time or give it to another.

If only he media would report this speech even if it were the product of a smear campaign it would be better than rotting away in a c span archive.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I would like to know just why this POLITICIAN is the one who is really telling the truths. Key word, kids: "Politician".
The wool is pulled over eyes in many different disguises.
What is his real agenda? If he was so truthful and right, he wouldn't exist.

I mean, before Bush got elected out OBAMA was the savior. Now the threads on OBAMA are no different than the ones on BUSH.

These trends come and go. And us sheeple,(YES SHEEPLE) "awake" or not are easily manipulated. It's almost disgraceful. That is what hurts. It pits us against each other making half believe one thing and half the other..With all our emotion...

Divide and conquer, suckas. Oldest trick in the book.

Ugh.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

I was curious as to why anyone would go up there and speak to a room full of empty chairs or to a group that was very disinterested in a topic, but after further review, it's done because it gets put on record. A stenographer has to log his comments that will be saved forever. Probably so when we destroy our way of life completely, we can go back and get a play by play of how it happened. Sadly, the only ones who seem to listen to Ron Paul are the people of ATS and while there are over 10,000 of us, there are only a little over 10,000 of us. And we are all nut jobs. Just ask the media.
edit on 10-12-2010 by network dude because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2010 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

I am glad that Paul got up and took the podium, and his speech was awesome.

Will it actually have an impact on the situation? I can sum that up for you in two words my Canadian friend:

Hell freakin no.

I am afraid that once again the wisdom of Ron Paul will fall on deaf ears within the HoR.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thunderlady

Originally posted by Jeanius
reply to post by thunderlady

From what I know he's a gynecologist who's brought thousands of babies into this world.

But I guess he hated all the mothers right?
edit on 10-12-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

He does not believe in a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body. This defines him as a misogynist.

What you Liberals want is to maintain your "practice" of playing God with turkey baster conceived children to perpetuate your gay lifestyle...right? You think it is a "right"...right?
Well after 2012, you are welcome to go to Canada along with basters, and your kids!
It will shorten the lines at Starbucks and Walmart!
Oh heaven on Earth...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If this man was a British politician I'd be voting for him and helping him get his message out in any way I could!.... Time and time again I see him mentioned in threads, and without fail (whatever the story or situation) he is behaving with an integrity that puts the rest of that Washington Dungheap and Westminster Crapper to shame.

Americans should get behind this guy... not deride and ridicule him

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Geez... so a whole lot of nothing comes from it. I think for the first time, I've got the clearest picture I've ever had of these supposed 'leaders of the free world'. I mean, don't get me wrong, I always knew politicians were (usually) corrupt, and I don't expect anything different in Canadian politics either. But my eyes have finally been opened to the extent at how much they don't care whatseover about anyone but themselves, a concept which is completely foreign to me because I deeply respect anyone and everyone.

Man, no wonder you guys I so pissed off. For ***** sake, if I went to work one day and sat around scratching my scrote-sack, not listening to what people are telling me right in front of me, I'd get fired.

I'm literally quite disgusted right now. Although, I'm also surprised at the fact that this is surprising to me! lol! I should have known. I suppose, once again, I have too much faith in mankind...

Thanks a lot, though, to boondock-saint, Movescamp, network dude, and W3RLIED2 for your answers! Much appreciated! =)

btw, W3RLIED2, in Canada, "Hell freakin no" is 3 words! lol! Sorry, had to get my "troll" on and point that out! =P

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I can see how someone new to politics or young people might not trust Ron Paul. But, I have been keeping up with politics for a long time, and Ron Paul is the real deal.
The far left is not happy with anybody that is NOT far left, period. The far left seems to be happy with government control over everything BUT a woman's "right" to have an abortion.
Ron Paul is all about sticking with the law...the constitution. Limited government and the rule of law. If people want to amend the constitution, he is all for it, but adhere to the LAW. He has always tried to encourage people to take part in THEIR government, and has warned what will happen if they don't.
It has happened.
But, Ron Paul keeps fighting the good fight. He is a good man.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

You've gotten me to LOL. that hasn't happened on this forum for quite some time, bud!

I refuse to comment on my own counting skills.... but you are correct, it really is 3 words

I'm glad you can understand why we're so pissed off. It always makes me feel better to hear people say that (or in this case read) because its clearly says to me that other citizens of other countries are getting it. Particularly important to me is support from our neighbors to the north.

The bottom line is that Ron Paul holds his head high in a forum that for all intent and purposes ignore him completely. He's still there though, and he's still calling em out. And he is a real voice of truth within out government.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I want my ignore button back!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

but then this thread would only be two pages?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm not much of an Ron Paul person but if this guy keeps this up I could be.

As far as what he is saying it's like I have always said but not so factual and eloquent.people are just being people.This is what we have been doing sinses the begennig and I'm sure people even then hatted the fact that we(as a spicies) enjoy killing each other but now with the interent we can voice our feelings and opinion to the world so it sounds even worse.

Whats really sad is even though we can connect with the whole world and voice what we think is so wrong with us as spicies we will still not be able to find the "WILL" to do anything about it.Like it or not this is who we are..............at least tell the pacifist out number the predator's and who knows with the ability to communicate like this some of you may get to see the change.

Who knows this Ron Paul guy may be the start....................if the predators don't eliminate him.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
You've gotten me to LOL. that hasn't happened on this forum for quite some time, bud!

I refuse to comment on my own counting skills.... but you are correct, it really is 3 words

I'm glad you can understand why we're so pissed off. It always makes me feel better to hear people say that (or in this case read) because its clearly says to me that other citizens of other countries are getting it. Particularly important to me is support from our neighbors to the north.

The bottom line is that Ron Paul holds his head high in a forum that for all intent and purposes ignore him completely. He's still there though, and he's still calling em out. And he is a real voice of truth within out government.

I agree with you.

If the insignificant me had the power to grant anyone restoration to youth and longetivity, Ron would be on my list. But I have no such powers. His time is limited, and thus his impetus to set things right for the next generations. He had stood up on many issues, some that may agree with many, while other issues may not, BUT HE HAD VOICED OUT HONESTLY AND SINCERELY, within Congress for discussion and debate so that the truth, rationale and action needed be taken, or to be disregarded ignorantly till time proves him right.

I wish there were more like him in Congress, willing to stand up mankind and the common man....Obama and Clinton had been a sad disappointment...perhaps...they both had their hands tied behind the backs by someone or some shadow organisation?
edit on 10-12-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Jeanius

Someone smart once said,
" War is business and business is good"

Ron Paul is really calling them out..I hope many inside and outside of government are listening...
America SHOULD be a great country full of dreams for all..
Instead it's full of dissapointment for most and untold wealth for the very few..

Wake up and take your share of the dream back..!!!!

S&F
edit on 10-12-2010 by backinblack because: S&F

You can do that by just simply reading the provided material and links here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by oaf21
Or do they move on to the next topic as if nothing was ever said?

they move on to the next speaker within a min or 2
on a totally different topic. one of the reasons why
congress is dysfunctional

Exactly, the congresspeople should have regular day jobs and ONLY meet when there is pending important legislation to pass. NOW, this legislation is supposed to be FOR THE GOOD of the people. Not to the detriment of the people. CONgress can legislate FOR the people but NEVER TO the people, they can make no statute, code, regulation, ordinance that would infringe on your natural born rights to liberty, property and freedom. INCLUDING but not limited to licensure. The more you know.....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I like two page threads. They are like, not trolled to smithereens. I would like a top ten of not trolled two page threads on the front page. Realy, I would.

I also would like this Ron Paul dude to come to my country and like... rule!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

You took the words right out of my mouth!

This was a great speech you go Ron Paul!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join