It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ron Paul Tells The Truth About WikiLeaks Infront Of Congress

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunderlady
It's too bad he's a misogynist and doesn't believe in paved roads or fire departments because I agree with the other 50% of his rhetoric.

He's a gynecologist, not a misogynist .. and as to him not wanting paved roads and fire dpts. .. you are stuck in a paradigm and are unable to think in an alternative way.

People would never live without a fire dept - as far as volunteer work, it may be the most common - it does not need govt to pay for it. Businesses would ensure that the local fire dept was well funded.

Paved roads - again - govt can assist in planning and managing these things, if there is virtually zero tax - then businesses and people will build these things. You dont believe it because you are stuck in a particular system that drives people to work too long hours, and breaks up family and community.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
his voice should be mainstream

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Paul/Ventura 2012!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
America is set to bring spying charges against jailed WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, claims his lawyer.
She believes U.S. prosecutors are finalising their case against the 39-year-old behind the publication of more than 250,000 secret diplomatic messages.
Jennifer Robinson said she understands U.S. charges are ‘imminent’.
U.S. Justice Department officials refused to make any comment last night.
Though he appears to have committed no crime in the States, the administration is under enormous pressure to find some way of punishing the Australian for unleashing a stream of diplomatic embarrassments on to the internet.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You wont see this played over and over on the idiot box. All that is playing over and over now is the POTUS with his back up Clinton talking about how we have to "compromise" and give the super wealthy thier continued tax breaks or else the poor unemployed will be screwed. I am tired of this piece of crap called the federal government and thier stupidity. Stop with all the lumped together bills. Separate the damn tax break ext. from the unemployment benefit ext. Wikileaks go ahead and spill all the beans and expose this rotten government for what it is. Ron Paul may God bless you and keep you safe and please be strong enough to keep talking about this until people have to wake up and listen.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robfire
reply to post by Jeanius

Oh the blind incompetence of the US gov Ron Paul is only telling the Truth and the truth is now starting to Hurt the TPTB!!!

You like having cheap electricity and gasoline. Saudi Arabia was throwing our military out of their country, got themselves nukes, and were plotting to cease accepting US dollars for oil and start the Gulf monetary Union.

There's why we went to Iraq. To keep civilization in America the way it is....when the crude oil boats stop coming...the Federal Government won't be able to retain control of the populace.

So sure some evil had to be done...innocent people killed. Either that or martial law and the collapse of the United States.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

You like having cheap electricity and gasoline. Saudi Arabia was throwing our military out of their country, got themselves nukes, and were plotting to cease accepting US dollars for oil and start the Gulf monetary Union.

There's why we went to Iraq. To keep civilization in America the way it is....when the crude oil boats stop coming...the Federal Government won't be able to retain control of the populace.

So sure some evil had to be done...innocent people killed. Either that or martial law and the collapse of the United States.

So to keep the american people driving their v8 SUV's and burning fossil fuel at an increasing pace, it's OK to invade foreign lands and kill innocent people??
I can only hope your post was sarcasm..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Heck yeah. Someone mentioned Paul/Ventura!!! These two guys aren't afraid to stand up. I'm down with that!

Man, we need more true patriots to stand up for our constitution.

Thank you OP for posting this, my patriotic friend.

Troy
edit on 10-12-2010 by cybertroy because: added stuff

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I know I shouldn't post this but I will anyway. Some people opinions do carry more weight than others, based on their intelligence and what they have done with their lives.
So when a person that has spent his life championing individual personal freedoms, including womens, and they are a doctor that specializes in delivering human life comes out and says they are personally against abortion, but I would leave it to the individual states to decide, you have respect that. In his mind and heart Ron Paul is trying to balance the personal freedom of a mother and the unborn child, that is not easy.

Some of you may have heard the story that solidified his viewpoint when he was in medical school, in part of a hospital they were saving premature babies at 22 weeks and up, doing everything they could to save them. But in another part of the hospital they were aborting babies of the same age, one was thrown into waste bin left to cry and die, this he saw with his own eyes.

I have a ton of respect for this man.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady

Originally posted by thunderlady

He does not believe in a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body. This defines him as a misogynist.

And he doesn't believe in taxes which means no public funding for roads or fire departments, etc.

Ron Paul is anti-abortion but I doubt its because he "hates women". While you may feel that it is your right to terminate a pregnancy, there are others who view it as terminating a life.

Its your perception that people who are anti-abortion "hate women" and I suppose that might be the motivation for some anti-abortionists but this view is a bit extreme. For Ron Paul, I would argue that this issue is more about protecting a life as opposed to "hating women".

I'd rather not get into the constitutionality of an un-apportioned tax. You'll find arguments for and against. I would argue that income taxes are less about expenditures and more about control. As you know, if you dont pay your taxes, not only are you subject to garnishment of your current wages and future income, the IRS can seize your bank accounts and personal property. And if paying your back taxes wasn't enough, they can even strip you of your freedom and imprison you.

Income tax was enacted introduced and signed into law by the same Senator Aldrich and President Wilson who pushed through the "Federal Reserve Act". Now that a mechanism was in place to allow deficit spending, there had to be a way to ensure that the interest on this borrowing would be paid. They were aware that the states would reject an income tax so they were bypassed and instead enacted the 16th amendment on a federal level, the validity of which is still challenged today.

In 2011, income taxes represented 42% of receipts or $1.1 Trillion out of a total $2.567 Trillion taken in by our government, leaving $1.467 Trillion in receipts. Our budget deficit for 2011 is $1.2 Trillion. So as you can see, our income taxes could be completely eliminated if our Congress would control spending and to do that we would need to go back to 1994 spending levels when total outlays were $1.461 Trillion.

Not surprisingly, in 1994 we had roads, firehouses. Heck, we even had a pretty big global military empire.

edit on 10-12-2010 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
To Congressman Ron Paul

You have my utmost respect and support, in your unwaivering support of the rights of every American and person through out the world.

To you sir, who has not sold your soul to the highest bidder.

To you sir who listens to those who voted for you.

To you sir who holds our constitution and bill of rights in the highest regard

To Ron Paul of Texas, May your days be long prosperous.

Hear Hear sir, I am with you!
edit on 10-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Paul/Ventura 2012!

I will go on record RIGHT HERE AND NOW!! If a genie appeared this very 2nd and gave me 3 wishes...hell TWO wishes!! My 1st one would be Paul/Ventura 2012!

I can think of no better way to save America then those 2 stepping in and saying:

"We are here to do two things...kick arse and chew bubblegum, and well...looks like we are all out of gum!"

(Oh and my 2nd wish would be the ability to become invisible anytime I wanted. Either that or some other super power as I have always wanted to have some kind of special powers
)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

(Oh and my 2nd wish would be the ability to become invisible anytime I wanted. Either that or some other super power as I have always wanted to have some kind of special powers )

I agree with you first wish..

But you haven't mentioned your 3rd wish..Against T&C ??

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul is saying quite simply that Wikileaks is rubberstamping what many people may have thought. In any case, to date there is no denial by anyone in officialdom of anything Wikileaks has produced so far, and that is the whole point. Compare that to what our governments have told us so far on all the important issues... it didn't matter if you believed them or otherwise. So if you want to make Wikileaks just so much more disinfo, just like the OP has attempted to do okay, go ahead think of something that fits the mindset. Ron Paul will never have to do it again because he is right in what he said at the time. There are no deniers.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

(Oh and my 2nd wish would be the ability to become invisible anytime I wanted. Either that or some other super power as I have always wanted to have some kind of special powers )

I agree with you first wish..

But you haven't mentioned your 3rd wish..Against T&C ??

Well...I was happy and willing to settle on just 2 wishes (in the event we have any genies lurking and looking to spot a deal
) BUT IF I MUST....I would have to say for wish number 3 (with the understanding that wishing for 3 more wishes is not an option), in all seriousness it would be peace on Earth man. No more wars, hunger, disease, bankers raping and destroying entire countries only to satisfy their greed (in the event any of those bankers are lurking in this thread at the moment I want you to know that I have no doubt that there is a SPECIAL place in hell just for you...for eternity).

Because I believe once we achieve world peace, many other obstacles/problems would begin to fade away to then begin to pave the way enabling us...the entire human species to begin the process/journey of advancing to higher and higher levels of greatness where technology and science is used for benefit and good as we head towards a type 1 level of civilization

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
man this thread got derailed and turned into a court case about Slander/Libel against Dr. Paul....

he also mentions NOTHING about the income tax or the said fact of his Hate for women when he was addressing the house...

So those Rhetorical questions he gave us...? what was it 1 - 9, lets hear some anwsers:
1. the American people do deserve to know the truth about all military campaigns ongoing on foreign soil...
2. how can an Amry Private gain access to classified info. lets see even up to a PFC, you should only have a bout a year or two in the armed forces...? how did he actually obtain the documents is a better question...
3. J. Assange is just being PORTRAYED in the media, its a smear "CAMPAIGN" to deflect the real issue of security, NSA MY ASS...
4. Hell no
5. Lying
6. its already strated we're lossing our rights and our minds
7. GOVERMENT COVER UP!!!
8. man a front man who is a foreign citizen is more patroitic than most so called freedom loving AMERICAN'Ts
9. true... nowa days "acting" patriotic is doing what we're told, and feeling how we're told to feel, thanks MSM...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I would bet that Ron Paul ends up dead either by natural causes or an accident. He's like the guy poking a bear, poke it enough and it'll rip your arm off while you run away and bleed to death. I personally hope Ron Paul runs for president and wins. We (the non-brain washed population) could use someone in the white horse (house) that actually speaks in truths instead of misguided promises and a twisted tongue.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nvprose1
man this thread got derailed and turned into a court case about Slander/Libel against Dr. Paul....

he also mentions NOTHING about the income tax or the said fact of his Hate for women when he was addressing the house...

So those Rhetorical questions he gave us...? what was it 1 - 9, lets hear some anwsers:
1. the American people do deserve to know the truth about all military campaigns ongoing on foreign soil...
2. how can an Amry Private gain access to classified info. lets see even up to a PFC, you should only have a bout a year or two in the armed forces...? how did he actually obtain the documents is a better question...
3. J. Assange is just being PORTRAYED in the media, its a smear "CAMPAIGN" to deflect the real issue of security, NSA MY ASS...
4. Hell no
5. Lying
6. its already strated we're lossing our rights and our minds
7. GOVERMENT COVER UP!!!
8. man a front man who is a foreign citizen is more patroitic than most so called freedom loving AMERICAN'Ts
9. true... nowa days "acting" patriotic is doing what we're told, and feeling how we're told to feel, thanks MSM...

First of all I have never read or heard of Ron Paul hating women (either has google).
Second, the documents are listed as secret and below which means almost any military personnel could gain access. The Bush administration made sure that almost all military personnel could have access to sensitive data in the event of a terrorist attack.
Third, the charges against Julian are a smear campaign. The Swedish government sends out an international arrest warrant to interpol right after the leaks start? And since when have you ever heard of an entire government issuing an international arrest warrant for a person accused of sexual assault?
Sorry if I misunderstood your post, it was mostly incoherent and difficult to make sense of. No offense.
edit on 10-12-2010 by zero1020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
none taken,

im just saying that the point of the post was to watch the video of Dr. Paul addressing the house...

other posters have had to defend Dr. Pauls credablity just cause a topic mentions his name, instead of asking your self (or actually answering them) the questions that he proposed on to the listing/hearing members in attandance of house, i have read the thread, not many people are making conversation of the questions,

like; What does this breach of security say about our 80 billion dollar defense budget...?
how is it that easy for a Private who like i said has only had about 1 1/2 years service in the military, get such a complete set of documents pertaining to our diplomatic relations with foriegn countries for the past 4 decades?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join