Video: Ron Paul Tells The Truth About WikiLeaks Infront Of Congress

page: 5
209
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light
 


I never said that. What I said was: until you have the power to become PREGNANT, you don't have a right to make choices about PREGNANCY. Father's rights for a child who EXISTS are a totally different deal and I'll tell you right now that I think more often than not men in the family court system who are trying to get custody get shafted. Unfortunately, more often than not, men in the family court system are only there because of refusal to pay child support.




posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack
 


So, then, you're just Special Needs. Which, by the way, Ron Paul's idea of taxation would leave you without the social services you could use to thrive to the best of your clearly limited abilities.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Originally posted by thunderlady

Dude, I had no intention of derailing this thread. A video was posted. My response is that I find him frustrating because I can whole heartedly support half of his platform and the other half I find wildly offensive. I was then attacked by 3 people who seem to think I'm pretending to take serious issue with his stances whilst admitting they don't even know his stances. I agree, this has been ridiculous.


Now that you've agreed the thread is entirely derailed, it's well within your power to stop the effing madness sister. Take a breath, and step away from the thread..... If it's still irking you in 10 minutes come back and write a new one in the politics forum.

That is all.

I am very interested in reading some more opinions about the content of what Ron Paul said in his speech, because it is so glaringly true and is blatantly being ignored. It's beyond frustrating to me as an American that voices of reason are ignored, and sensationalism wins the day. WE NEED MORE RON PAULS.


This gets reposted, because I'm sure it was skimmed right over.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thunderlady
reply to post by backinblack
 


So, then, you're just Special Needs. Which, by the way, Ron Paul's idea of taxation would leave you without the social services you could use to thrive to the best of your clearly limited abilities.


I take it you don't want to answer my question?
Which politician do you support?



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by thunderlady
 



Dude, I had no intention of derailing this thread. A video was posted. My response is that I find him frustrating because I can whole heartedly support half of his platform and the other half I find wildly offensive. I was then attacked by 3 people who seem to think I'm pretending to take serious issue with his stances whilst admitting they don't even know his stances. I agree, this has been ridiculous.


Ron Paul has given his opinion on a multitude of issues..
You find two offensive..
The tax one you are wrong about..
The abortion one is a personal opinion which is split in the community..

So I'm going to ask you a serious question...

What politician is aligned more to your views than Ron Paul??
Think about it !!
You only have two grievences with Ron Paul...

This outta be fun and I'm sure many here will research your answer..





This is laughable, but it's the truth. I took a blind match your stances with the candidates quiz in 04 before the election and, to my surprise, I matched 100% with Al Sharpton whom I consider a sleazy opportunistic gas bag. But, apparently, personalities discarded, Old Al and I are on the same page on the issues.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady
 



This is laughable, but it's the truth. I took a blind match your stances with the candidates quiz in 04 before the election and, to my surprise, I matched 100% with Al Sharpton whom I consider a sleazy opportunistic gas bag. But, apparently, personalities discarded, Old Al and I are on the same page on the issues.


04 is two elections ago..
Do you have someone more current?
Do you even have a party line you support?



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2
 


i know that every one hates glenn beck but he did make a good point today.(in stumbled words) he stated how wikileaks is being used by the left to control the media and internet and take a hold of the first amendment. he also said a bit about how a lot of republicans and neo-cons were falling for it as well. i can see his point in his statements. im not sure if its the left conducting this but i think that its our gov as a whole running this show. the man has done nothing wrong and in my eyes should not be treated like a criminal. we as the american people have the right to know what our gov is up to..... i dont know if the rest of the world does be we do at least



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady
 


i may not have the power to become pregnant but i do have the power to make a female pregnant. it takes 2 people to make a child and just because the child resides in the womb of the mother does not give her full right to the child. that sperm belongs to me and if she decides to abort i can never get said sperm back to give it to a woman that will gladly keep my child. i am done with this convo. you may say your piece but im done.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light
 


Ron Paul is correct..
The Government should focus on the facts, not the messenger..
The fact is, the Government has been proven to be nothing but lies..
What they tell EVERYONE is a lie.
The truth is only told behind closed doors..



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
That will do thank you.

Now let's focus on the topic and not on each other. Leave the personal attacks at the door please.

edit on 10-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by thunderlady
 



This is laughable, but it's the truth. I took a blind match your stances with the candidates quiz in 04 before the election and, to my surprise, I matched 100% with Al Sharpton whom I consider a sleazy opportunistic gas bag. But, apparently, personalities discarded, Old Al and I are on the same page on the issues.


04 is two elections ago..
Do you have someone more current?
Do you even have a party line you support?


I am not affiliated with any party and there's been no one recently who has inspired me to support them, no one whom I have felt represented me. I was very involved in politics for a while. And I'm fully supportive of destroying the so-called 2 party system. But there has not been a candidate for any office who has triggered in me the need to pamphlet or protest or even squabble on the pro side on a forum for ages.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady
 


Actually yes this is news to me , because I have contact with many females from both sides of the debate (abortion/anti-abortion) due to the nature of my work , and I can guarantee You that those that are anti-abortion do not hate themselves more than any other female , so either You are taking your facts out of some other reality or you are just propagating nonsense .

Also

By Your logic the suicide rate of woman should be much much higher since half of the woman population hates themselves , and this is jut not the case . So either You are misinformed or You are just plain lying to try and support Your claims .

But since this topic is very off topic to this discussion lets agree to disagree and leave it be , or start a new topic on this dilemma ..
edit on 10/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by W3RLIED2
 


i know that every one hates glenn beck but he did make a good point today.(in stumbled words) he stated how wikileaks is being used by the left to control the media and internet and take a hold of the first amendment. he also said a bit about how a lot of republicans and neo-cons were falling for it as well. i can see his point in his statements. im not sure if its the left conducting this but i think that its our gov as a whole running this show. the man has done nothing wrong and in my eyes should not be treated like a criminal. we as the american people have the right to know what our gov is up to..... i dont know if the rest of the world does be we do at least


Huh? The left are trying to control the media via the 1st amendment? Do you have a problem with the 1st? Glenn Beck would be in jail if we had the UK's laws against lying in media.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack
 


very true. i think the leaks should keep coming untill we know every last bit of info..... or until julian assange comes up dead. which ever comes first



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light
 


Absolutely! There is no doubt that the media is hyping this as much as possible so that when a broad, sweeping bill is passed about some trumped up espionage BS, or some other 'Homeland Security Threat', the citizens of the US will just turn the other cheek and just let more rights get stripped away.

It's a sad fact (imo) that Ron Paul's well cited speech is going to fall on deaf ears. I believe the high echelons of our government are going to exploit Wikileaks, weather it's a clandestine op or not, to gain as much power as possible.

The US is back peddling because even though the Wiki cables are harmless enough on the surface, within the content there is much damning evidence. Especially in regards to where money comes from, and where money goes. This is the main reason Wikileaks and J.A. are being systematically set up.

The fact that Paul went to the floor with this should tell everyone how serious the issue really is. Open forum speeches have been downplayed for the last 10 years, which is why this video is appearing on ATS.... because the media doesn't want to show the true severity of issues, which would point the finger squarely at our government, and key individuals within it. Paul's little cliche line rings very true in this case: TPTB are shooting the messenger, and not allowing the world to see the true villains



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady
 


lol u obviously miss-read the whole post. (or i stated it wrong) which ever. he was saying that they will use wikileaks as an example of why we "should not" have free speech in the media. he wants to make the 1st stronger so that we can give out any info in the media.......... it makes me wonder if people actually know glenn becks stances or if they hate him just because he is anti left? reiterate
edit on 10-12-2010 by fallow the light because: reitterate



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady
 



I am not affiliated with any party and there's been no one recently who has inspired me to support them, no one whom I have felt represented me. I was very involved in politics for a while. And I'm fully supportive of destroying the so-called 2 party system. But there has not been a candidate for any office who has triggered in me the need to pamphlet or protest or even squabble on the pro side on a forum for ages.


Thats normal. It's very hard to find someone that agrees with you 100%..
My wife doesn't even come close..


That's what makes your damnation of Ron Paul strange as you say you agree with all he says bar two issues..
And even his and your differences on those two are sketchy at best..

To me it seems like he is the best choice you have..
edit on 10-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light
 


Again, I realize you went through a personal trial related to this issue and I'm not interested in antagonizing you personally, but, on the actual issue of abortion, men have absolutely no comparable experience nor do they understand that experience nor could they nor should they have a right to treat women's bodies as property.
edit on 10-12-2010 by thunderlady because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
reply to post by thunderlady
 


Actually yes this is news to me , because I have contact with many females from both sides of the debate (abortion/anti-abortion) due to the nature of my work , and I can guarantee You that those that are anti-abortion do not hate themselves more than any other female , so either You are taking your facts out of some other reality or you are just propagating nonsense .

Also

By Your logic the suicide rate of woman should be much much higher since half of the woman population hates themselves , and this is jut not the case . So either You are misinformed or You are just plain lying to try and support Your claims .

But since this topic is very off topic to this discussion lets agree to disagree and leave it be , or start a new topic on this dilemma ..
edit on 10/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)


Suicide *attempts* for women are MUCH higher for women than they are for me. And self-hatred comes out in all kinds of ways from eating disorders to substance addiction to staying in or seeking out abusive relationships, etc. And I'll agree with you that most of the women you know are probably in denial as to the degree misogyny has affected their relationships with themselves and other women. And men.





top topics
 
209
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join