It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London swarming with protesting students

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Oh, and another thing...

You say you haven't benefited from a university degree? You have forgotten two words dear to the hearts of Britons.

National. Health.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Dagar

I COMPLETELY agree with you point of view..

Taxation in the UK is an enormous tool of control welded against the population and is more than enough......

That said I do NOT mind paying taxes for the benefit of society, and believe me I pay enough HOWEVER my beef with taxation is that our money goes into a big pot and is then spent without any transparency............. until you hear through the media about individuals taking advantage of the system !!!!!!

Housing benefit given out to people to live in houses that normal working people (you & I) cannot afford too.
Woman acting as breeding machines pumping out kids to get more benefits.
Spiv's using ''grants'' to develop a business idea and living off the grants with no real intent of doing otherwise..
EMA's so kids go to school...... for Feck's sake, I went to school in the 80's and I was not bribed to go with money !!!!!!!!! I went to learn and improve myself.....

Dagar - society is becoming VERY polarised and more trouble will come. BUT fighting on the streets like yesterday DOES NOT help because that Polarises Public opinion either for or against........

The real problem is that we ALL complain about society but are not PREPARED to change our ways or buy less commercial crap or Stop buying the latest phones because we are told to by the advertiser or Companies decide to make less profits and give the customer the same services for less...... etc etc etc

There has to be a fundamental change in ''thinking'' for society to progress YET fighting on the streets doesn't really help.......We need to think of other methods BUT will the ''Sheeple'' buy-in or will they not be that bothered...??

Regards
PDUK

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Astyanax

Firstly, thank you for replying. I gave you a couple of stars because you made the effort and put some thought into what you said.

Firstly, I'd like to offer some help carrying that Enormous 'chip' on your shoulder !!! Or is it a badge of honour ?
' I have a degree so all those without must bow down and appreciate my greatness!!'

PLEASE - .....Astyanax...., get over it....... In WW2 your right in saying that some of the greatest and innovative inventions were produced at a time of great need. It is also true to say that regardless how many letters you had after your name, if the thousands of non educated people who gave their lives for the greater good had not fought then all the radars and code breakers would have mean't nothing !!!!!

Having a degree DOES not mean you are more clever, superior, brighter etc etc -- it is a 'Ticket' to the game....... That's all it is............ The expectation that ''I MUST go to Uni and get a degree'' is a false dawn, it's a false hope ''SOLD'' to you by the education system and those who currently run it !!!

Have you ever thought that MAYBE there are too many going to University currently??
Maybe because more ''students'' have gone to Uni to get degrees then the VALUE of a degree has actually been diluted??

I can accept that State education is required, primarily to get the population into a position of basic literacy, mathematic skills, scientific understanding, geographical knowledge etc etc (although I personally think standards are Significantly LESS than 15 years ago).
If people choose to ''develop'' their knowledge then why is it a sin to suggest that they look at 'investing' in themselves to do so........ What is the problem ???

The only problem I see is that people today lack commitment and focus and are more willing to drop out or be distracted by the stupid trivialities of society today (Celebrity, consumerism, pointless TV, Twitter and all the other Sh*T that dilutes the minds of people..)

Finally Astyanax, I do congratulate you on leaving your home country and exploring the world.. I think that is an admirable quality and one which most people think they have yet few ever really do !!

Regards

PDUK

ps - just saw you National. Health. shout at me...... Yes I have used that but I pay for that using National Insurance, or at least that's the idea ??!! as well as making provision for myself and taking Responsibility for myself....

Cheers

Have a niceday

PDUK
edit on 10-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Well, that was pretty damn patronizing.

What was your argument, exactly?

Let's see...

I think I'm superior to you because I 'have a degree'.

I have an enormous 'chip' on my shoulder because I disagree with you on economic and moral grounds.

No, those can't possibly be your point. Too silly.

So let's see...

f the thousands of non educated people who gave their lives for the greater good had not fought then all the radars and code breakers would have mean't nothing !!!!!

And vice versa. It was a team effort, and everybody made their contribution. It was the combined skills and abilities of an entire empire (not to mention a lot of help from America) that helped Britain survive and become a victor in the Second World War. But brave, sturdy boys to feed the cannons have never been in short supply anywhere. You need brains to win wars--and do just about everything else besides. And brains without education are like engines without fuel. Come on--this is too obvious to argue about.

Moving on, we come to...

Have you ever thought that MAYBE there are too many going to University currently??

I admit to being the elitist you think I am. Yes, I do believe too many people are getting first degrees and that the qualification is devalued as a consequence. That's okay. Pretty soon people will stop valuing them at all, and you'd have to get a master's degree before you could land a decent job. Water always finds its level, don't you worry.

Is that your issue? That them dang degrees ain't worth what they used to be? Surely that can't account for all this heat and agitation? Degree inflation is worth getting 'mad' over? When, as you told us earlier, you don't have a degree of your own that could be devalued by it?

I can accept that State education is required, primarily to get the population into a position of basic literacy, mathematic skills, scientific understanding, geographical knowledge etc etc (although I personally think standards are Significantly LESS than 15 years ago).

Whoah! A minute ago you were singing the praises of the fighting yeomanry and now you're saying they only deserve to be taught basic skills? That only people who can afford it or are willing to put themselves ten years in hock for it should be allowed to go to university?

Holy Mother of the Muses. I took you for an English Mittelständler, a self-made man who's proud of the hard work that's got him where he is. You're talking like landed gentry now.

I must have got you wrong, because that can't be it either...

If people choose to ''develop'' their knowledge then why is it a sin to suggest that they look at 'investing' in themselves to do so........ What is the problem ???

None. But if the state can afford to invest in them too, why should it not? It's in the state's--that is to say, the people's--interest to do so.

Yes I have used [the national health service] but I pay for that using National Insurance, or at least that's the idea ??!! as well as making provision for myself and taking Responsibility for myself....

Indeed. However, most of the National Health budget in the UK, as I'm sure you know, comes from taxes. And your taxes also helped pay for the doctor's medical studies, the nurses' training, etc. In return, you received the benefit of their expertise--their degrees. That was my point.

Anyway, you said that that was an afterthought, so it can't be your principal objection to state-funded university education. So what is it? What is it that makes you mad?

How would you like it if all university education in England was privately funded? How many universities would there be left? Do you think universities mainly exist to teach students? I'm afraid you would be mistaken. Their main function is to be places where original scholarship and research are undertaken, where the frontiers of knowledge and culture are pushed outward, where the new ideas that will keep the country economically competitive--and competitive in so many other important ways--come from. If state funding were withdrawn and universities had to rely on tuition fees and private charity to survive, many would have to close their doors. That would be a loss to Britain--a loss you, personally, would feel; or if you did not feel it, your children would.

You are asking for higher education to be restricted to members of an economic elite who can afford it.

You are asking for working-class girls and boys who are clever and want to be educated to stick their heads into the debt noose before they even start working at jobs, to be trapped in that endless cycle of consumer debt and credit that keeps people chained to drab, hopeless jobs and lives.

You are asking to return the British education system to something like what it was early last century.

Okay, so that was your point.

Ah, but then we have this:

Finally Astyanax, I do congratulate you on leaving your home country and exploring the world.. I think that is an admirable quality and one which most people think they have yet few ever really do !!

That's very kind of you. Perhaps one day we shall meet on our respective travels. I'll keep a sharp look out for a dog with a fluorescent purple collar. If you happen upon a small, brightly feathered, angry dinosaur, that will be me.

edit on 10/12/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Astyanax

Brilliant .... what a reply...

I've just tuned back in to this site and read your posting..... it's very interesting...

I am just on my way out this evening BUT I do want to reply to your 'Crafted' and 'Precisely Edited' answer.......( you must be into politics.....) and I will tomorrow when I have some time to spend on here...

Parting thought for you .... Angry Little Feather Tailed Dinosaurs are extinct i Believe although Weimaraners with coloured Collars still do Exist ..

Go figure !

Speak soon

PDUK

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Kailassa

Your as sharp as a marble !!

If you happen upon a small, brightly feathered, angry dinosaur

Please show me .... LIVE examples only !!

PDUK

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Astyanax

Hello, hope you've enjoyed the weekend so far !!

I have reviewed your 'edited' and 'cherry picked' posting and I could try and respond but then I thought
''what is the point ?". It will be met with yet more edits, quotes and mis-direction..

The bottom line, the difference between yours and my 'thinking' is this......

You want it all free because you a perceive social benefit from everyone having a degree.

I do not see that point of view and I feel people wanting to go to further education should 'invest' in themselves ''if'' they believe in themselves that much !!!!

There you have it -- OUR difference and I have not read anything you have said, edited or cleverly quoted to change my perspective !!

As Anton Chekhov said - "University brings out all abilities including Incapability" something I personally believe applies to alot of those who think they have a god given right to go to University....... My Opinion....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I'm sorry, PurpleDog, but the rules on exporting live birds are pretty strict here, so pictures are the best I can do.

And obviously, living in the UK, you won't be able to see any live Angry Little Feather Tailed Dinosaurs because the ennui level in that chilly drab greyness of what's left of an Empire is too high to allow for any emotion more compelling than mild annoyance.

It's such a pity, when I have a furious white cockatoo on the grass right outside the window beside me, waving its powerful wings and swearing like the Aussie trooper who once owned it at my poor little tomcat who was innocently stalking breakfast.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Just a by the way -
Education is not just for the individual. Education benefits the whole country. An educated person is much more likely to be in a position to contribute to the future of his/her country, increasing its prosperity and ensuring its future as a civilised, modern society.

Education is also the most effective means of lowering the birth rate.

It could be argued that your point of view, in wanting the non-wealthy forced to choose between mortgaging their entire futures and staying undereducated is traitorous, as you are arguing against the conditions conducive to the future prosperity of your country.

Strong education key to nation's prosperity

Education is an indivisible part of the prosperity of the nation.

Education is the basis of country's prosperity

The quality and performance of teachers, schools and jurisdictions are central to the life prospects of every student and to national prosperity.

The goal of education is the welfare and prosperity of the nation

Education key to national progress, prosperity and protect youth from falling in hands of terrorists, extremists.

Recent studies show that, regardless of the harsh climates and higher taxes, countries such as Denmark and other northern European countries have the highest rates of life satisfaction and happiness. According to the surveys and research, this is because they have social benefits such as unemployment, free education, and medical care, which all serve to reduce citizen anxiety about the future, and increase personal well being for all.

'Conservation education' and the foundations of national prosperity: comparative perspectives from early twentieth-century North America and Britain

Modernising education and training: a vital contribution to prosperity and social cohesion in Europe

Those who receive a good education and are generally healthier are more productive.

By the way, PurpleDog, the oversized pale green lettering denotes a link. You might like to try clicking on one of these sometime. You will find it will take you to another part of the internet where you may be exposed to interesting and educational education.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

You want it all free because you a perceive social benefit from everyone having a degree.

Another mistaken assumption, I fear. I'm not against tuition fees for university students. Take a look at my first post in this thread, just above my earliest reply to you.

Yes, I edited my last post several times. All the edits were for spelling and grammar, and to express myself more clearly. As for cherry-picking, I do believe I addressed every point you made.

Anyway, don't fash yourself over a detailed reply. I wasn't really expecting one.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Kailassa

I'm sorry, PurpleDog, but the rules on exporting live birds are pretty strict here, so pictures are the best I can do.

You have done alright 'exporting' your birds to the UK before.. there's loads of them working in bars & clubs and clogging our education system .. :-))

And obviously, living in the UK, you won't be able to see any live Angry Little Feather Tailed Dinosaurs because the ennui level in that chilly drab greyness of what's left of an Empire is too high to allow for any emotion more compelling than mild annoyance.

Your Visceral 'hatred' of anything you do not like I find quite amazing... I think you also need a little help with that 'Chip' your carrying too, Much like your friend and mine the feathered little DINOSAUR .. ... oh please !!

My point is that I do not see why I should fund further education REGARDLESS if it benefits society or not.
Your position is the opposite to that, so get over yourself and learn to accept that there are different opinions....
I shall read your links you have kindly posted and see if they change my mind.....

In the mean time have a look at this link and I hope you feel proud of the faces on their as they currently 'represent' your students image in the public eye...

www.bbc.co.uk...

On the subject of your poor 'tomcat', i suggest you feed the bloody thing and stop it trying to destroy the wildlife around it. There are many studies showing the impact of domestic / semi feral cats on the eco-systems they live in and normally the owners are oblivious (or turn a blind eye) to the situation !!! Maybe they are too distracted attacking everything else to even care of the world around themselves..

Regards

PDUK

edit on 12-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: edit

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by SaturnFX

Any brits on? Whats your take on it?

As a former 'foreign student', I had to pay through my nose for a British university education, suffering poverty and a succession of awful making-ends-meet jobs, while my fellow-students who were UK nationals received grants from the State and had a much easier time of it.

I never resented this, though. It seems to me that free education to university level is a great thing if a State can afford it. I also think graduating from university with a huge debt one has to work years to pay off is not the best and most hopeful start in life to give a young person.

As long as the UK can afford free university education, it should be (and was) available.

The trouble is, the UK can't afford it any more. University education keeps getting more and more expensive, and a lot more people are going to university these days.

At some point, unfortunately, students or their families have to take up the financial slack. That is what's happening now. Even with the proposed cuts, university education will still be subsidized, I believe, by your government; they just aren't paying for the whole thing any more.

edit on 9/12/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

Astyanax

After reviewing all your threads I have to ask a question......

What is your Point ?

You appear to ''lurch'' from one position to another and seem to think whatever you say is the 'right way'..?

You seem to sing the praises of higher education yet that is tainted with your own experiences of being 'handicapped' as compared to your fellow students at the time...
You then acknowledge that the state maybe cannot afford it and so the burden then lies upon the students and their families? What should the Government do ?
You then attack me for having a different position from yours...

I figure that the whole counterpoint of your position is that 'every' student going to University benefits me directly or indirectly in some way....... I do not Accept this because I think that as a percentile the real numbers of Graduates worth their salt and whom have any meaningful benefit is not 100%.

What is your point , please explain in simple terms for an obvious 'thickie' like me please

PDUK

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

After reviewing all your threads I have to ask a question... What is your Point ?

I made two, actually: first, that state funding for higher education is desirable, but if that funding can't cover the cost of it, it is not out of order to ask the immediate beneficiaries, the students that is, to bear part of the burden.

Second, that the reasons you cite for disapproving of state-funded higher education are self-centred, short-sighted, socially irresponsible and absurd.

You seem to sing the praises of higher education yet that is tainted with your own experiences of being 'handicapped' as compared to your fellow students at the time...

That is merely how you interpret my words. I never suggested that my experience soured me against higher education. I think it should be plain to anyone, from what I have said here, that it didn't.

You then acknowledge that the state maybe cannot afford it and so the burden then lies upon the students and their families? What should the Government do?

Your government appears to be doing the right thing in a difficult situation.

You then attack me for having a different position from yours...

No, I attacked (and the word is just) the attitude and reasoning displayed in your post.

I figure that the whole counterpoint of your position is that 'every' student going to University benefits me directly or indirectly in some way....... I do not Accept this because I think that as a percentile the real numbers of Graduates worth their salt and whom have any meaningful benefit is not 100%.

I never said you derive a benefit from every student who goes to university. Why should I say such a stupid thing?

What is your point , please explain in simple terms for an obvious 'thickie' like me please

I trust the above is sufficiently clear.

edit on 12/12/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I've formatted your post in order to write a readable reply.
Formatting is quite easy. If you use quote on formatted posts you can study how it is done.
There is also a reply button beside the post button, to make it clear who you are replying to and send a notification to that person.

You have done alright 'exporting' your birds to the UK before.. there's loads of them working in bars & clubs and clogging our education system .. :-))

Extraordinary country, Australia, isn't it? Just like a magician's hat. Put in English whores and thieves, wave a magic wand for a few years, and wow, out come Baywatch beauties, bronzed lifesavers and a few geniuses to boot!

Naturally we send a few excess golden goddesses back to the home country from time to time. Sacrificing Virgins to the bull (the minotaur) has been replaced by sacrificing them to the bulldog.

Your Visceral 'hatred' of anything you do not like I find quite amazing... I think you also need a little help with that 'Chip' your carrying too, Much like your friend and mine the feathered little DINOSAUR .. ... oh please !!

Don't be silly. I don't hate the UK; I love the place. Such quaint scenery, cute toy houses, cuisine that includes -
- spotted dick,
- toad in the hole,
- pigs in blankets,
- bubble and sqeak,
- Black Pudding,
- Clapshot,
- Dean's Cream,
- Fitless Cock,
- Girdle Sponges,
- Hunter's Buns,
- Inky Pinky,
- Knickerbocker Glory,
- Scouse,
- Slot,
- Wet Nelly,
and the nearest things to fruit you'll find on a English menu:
- rhubarb stems and
- faggots.

You seriously have to stand in awe of any civilisation that can exist on such fare.
And the English definitely have that in their favour, many an Englishman has proven his ability to eat a faggot and swallow a spotted dick before munching on a steaming wet nelly.

And as for the English weather, summers there are perfect, for those who like to wear their tweeds all year. And the winters, all my prettiest Christmas cards have pictures of a snow-covered Brittain.

Please don't think I have anything but love in my heart for the UK. It's like a precious child that you gaze at, while wondering sadly in your heart, "where did I go wrong?"

My point is that I do not see why I should fund further education REGARDLESS if it benefits society or not.
Your position is the opposite to that, so get over yourself and learn to accept that there are different opinions....
I shall read your links you have kindly posted and see if they change my mind.....

Of course I accept there are different opinions to mine.
You, as you so explicitly illustrate, are a selfish, egocentric, unpatriotic jerk who doesn't care if his own country descends into an overcrowded, famine-ridden, barbaric Ideocracy.
I, as you so rightly point out, am the opposite.

In the mean time have a look at this link and I hope you feel proud of the faces on their as they currently 'represent' your students image in the public eye...

www.bbc.co.uk...

"Your student's image" - Are you suggesting I own students or I am a student?
If it's the latter, I think that's quite sweet.

I guess you've never heard of kettling, or agent provocateurs, or propaganda.

On the subject of your poor 'tomcat', i suggest you feed the bloody thing and stop it trying to destroy the wildlife around it. There are many studies showing the impact of domestic / semi feral cats on the eco-systems they live in and normally the owners are oblivious (or turn a blind eye) to the situation !!! Maybe they are too distracted attacking everything else to even care of the world around themselves..

Do you even know what a semi-feral cat is?
Little pussy proudly presents a dead dinosaur or two (type: sparrow) to my door each day. Sometimes a mouse or rat is brought as well. As we have large windows through which his activities can be watched, I'm well aware that these are his only prey. The sparrows tease him, so they make an easy dinner.

You are probably aware that removing imported rodents is a good idea. You may not be aware that sparrows here, aka flying rats, are also a pest animal.

House Sparrow

The House Sparrow was first introduced to Australia in 1863 at Melbourne and is a common pest throughout eastern Australia, but has been prevented from establishing itself in Western Australia, where every House Sparrow found in the state is killed.

Just for you, PurpleDog, in case you never open links,

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I haven't read more than the first page of this thread but I feel as a current University student I should offer my opinion.

I read on the first page things like, "I never knew University was free in Britain!". It's definitely not free, my degree in music is costing me over £20,000! With the rise of tuition fees, somebody doing the same degree as me, in the same university in the future will be paying TRIPLE that! It's ridiculous!

Nick Clegg, the leader of the Liberal Democrats, promised he would vote against the rise of student fees, which is the main reason I voted for that liar. He's completely gone back on his word and I believe this to be one of the main reasons why thousands of students are pissed off.

Atleast the younger generation now have an idea of how governments work.
Make the rich richer and poor poorer.
edit on 12/12/10 by xeroxed88 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Kailassa

You OBVIOUSLY have alot of time on your hands !

I enjoyed reading that so much I gave you a star, hope you don't mind receiving it from someone whom you do not approve of....

I, on the other hand do not abhor you or your opinions.. In actual fact I have learn't from them - (read into that what you will)

For someone so ''disappointed'' with the UK then I need ask one question -

WHY was your need to study here so great ??

Anyway, your HUGE disappointment with the UK borders on racism in my opinion. Some of the slanderous points you make are quite aggressive in a subtle way....... at least we shall take rightful ownership of the ashes again back from your pathetic excuse of a team !!

As for the ostrich is a dinosaur etc etc, the, i'm right your wrong BS then I am still waiting to see a live example of the dinosaur / bird your mate Astyanax proclaimed to be !!! (and your need to prove a point) is becoming rather boring and tedious now... move on.... yawn !

Your desperate need to prove a point really amazes me..... How can humanity ever live in peace when people like you want humanity to live in pieces !!

Regards

PDUK
edit on 12-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Astyanax

I see.......... thanks...

Your first point is basically the idea being suggested by the current Government because the last Government 'spent, SORRY Wasted all the cash..

Your second point is that you disagree with my point of view.... about me, disapproving of paying taxes to fund ALL students to go and 'have a jolly' at University !!! And then you say ''I never said you derive a benefit from every student who goes to university''.

If that is the case then Why , through taxation should I pay for ALL students trying to get a watered down degree in whichever subject they choose...???

I see, it's becoming clear now ...... isn't it !

Regards

PDUK

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
In all honesty im not a judging man, But Kailassa and Astyanax really need to get a reality check.
The one known as "Purpledoguk" speaks with nothing less than the highest amount of intellgence wheras your words however are the words of Sheep that think they are in some way been opressed, If i give you an Apple and Its my Apple Then i decide to take it back, im in all rights to do so.
Under these circumstances students were given a chance at reduced fees at the cost of every honest worker in britain, The honest workers cannot fund you anymore because the Tax they have because of you is too great and its put this country in crisis, They have now taken back thier apple and however much you complain and pull paddys about it, it still was never yours to start off with.
Stop complaining, I went through all of Uni at a total cost to myself of £35000, I didnt get a loan, I got a job...And payed for my own education as i studied.
Those who cant be arsed to put in the effort shouldnt be given a chance in the first place

Stop whining about what you dont have and be happy for the things you do.

edit on 12/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Kailassa
You OBVIOUSLY have alot of time on your hands !

It's called multitasking.

I enjoyed reading that so much I gave you a star, hope you don't mind receiving it from someone whom you do not approve of....

Why thank you. I assure you if I was actually expressing hatred of England you would not have enjoyed it.

I, on the other hand do not abhor you or your opinions.. In actual fact I have learn't from them - (read into that what you will)

How could you? You don't know my opinions. Instead you manufacture opinions and attribute them to me.

For someone so ''disappointed'' with the UK then I need ask one question -
WHY was your need to study here so great ??

I'm not at all disappointed in England. In fact, it can exceed all my expectations while still performing quite badly.
Have I ever mentioned having a need to study in England? If so I don't recall doing so.

Anyway, your HUGE disappointment with the UK borders on racism in my opinion. Some of the slanderous points you make are quite aggressive in a subtle way....... at least we shall take rightful ownership of the ashes again back from your pathetic excuse of a team !!

As I explained, I have no HUGE disappointment with Great Brittain.
Even if I had been disappointed with the UK, how could such disappointment with a country of inbreds, many different ethnic cultures, and assorted mongrels be racism? Is the UK now suddenly populated by a single race?
Slander is oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
My communication was written, not oral, and is unlikely to have damaged your reputation.
You're welcome to ashes, I'll even bequeath you mine if you're so fond of them.
As for cricket, great game if you enjoy watching the grass grow.

As for the ostrich is a dinosaur etc etc , the i'm right your wrong BS then I am still waiting to see a live example of the dinosaur / bird your mate Astyanax proclaimed to be !!! (and your need to prove a point) is becoming rather boring and tedious now... move on.... yawn !

As I explained, posting live birds to England is disapproved of.
Besides, if you still don't believe in the existance of living peacocks, having one delivered to your door is hardly going to change your mind.
I presume you mean mate as in the Australian usage, and not in the sense of pair-bonding.

Your desperate need to prove a point really amazes me..... How can humanity ever live in peace when people like you want humanity to live in pieces !!

Yet you keep answering me, and providing me opportunities to further the fun I'm having here.

Just a hint, like the urge to study in the UK which you falsely ascribed to me, the desperation and hatred you think you are seeing exist only in your own humourless mind.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join