It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird facebook link took me to this (WIKILEAKS) very disturbing pic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
anyway OP i'm going out for dinner and will be back later.

download AVG Anti-Virus - it's free: free.avg.com...
then run a full system scan and it will pick up any virus' that could be on your computer.

Then (or before the scan) download ZoneAlarm Firewall, which has a free trial. It will stop people from being able to access your computer:
www.zonealarm.com...

Then go here and download Firefox Internet Browser. It's one of the most secure browsers (Internet Explorer is one of the least secure).
www.mozilla.com...

after that your computer will be safe to most threats. After all that you can download "Spybot S&D" or "Ad-Aware" to scan for any malware from advertisments etc but it's optional and not as important as the first 3 steps.

good luck.

edit on 9/12/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Still here OP?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spewn

I totally would. but I like my computer to be up to date. I'm 100% about the speed and the downloads.
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: missed a word...some how?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think that the OP should stop spending his giro on weed.Get away from the screen(perhaps he's at the job centre-which I doubt)He sounds like a very paranoid person(which he says he isn't).He couldn't wait to call the person helping him a hacker for posting on his facebook-then said that they hadn't posted on his facebook but about this thread on their facebook!Just goes to show that you can't help some people.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i get every day like 5 of such advertisment invites with sexy looking girls...

i never care..and just delete it Oo ...whats the problem ?

just people who scam you with money links...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It's called clickjacking ... happend to my friends with that "OMG i cant a belief a girl did this because of justin Bieber" - What is clickjacking? --> click (safe link
, but if you don't trust me just logout from fb before clicking)

Facebook is becoming a big spam machine...

edit on 9-12-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

I agree, I just deleted my FB about a week ago (so still waiting for it to officially delete since it takes 2 weeks), because I couldn't stand the spam and ads anymore. And it is just getting worse and worse over the years. Facebook used to be a pretty decent site when it first started. I've had my Facebook account since it was only open to college email addresses, back in the day, before they made it open to everyone.

But when they opened it to everyone, I liked it because it made it easy to keep in touch with family across the country and see their pictures and stuff like when babies are born or the kids do this or that. Even though I hardly ever actually used FB, I really didn't want to have to delete it and lose that connection with the rest of my family, but it got to be too much.

We are targeted enough with advertising on a daily basis, and subliminal messages, and so seeing advertisements on my page that are directly targeted at me for what I searched or liked on FB, is not cool. I always thought the like button was tracking, but never realized the extent and Facebook just isn't worth it to me anymore, not when so much detailed information is being given away and their privacy problems just keep getting worse.

I just don't want any unseen source following every thing I "like" or reading through my browsing history to target me with ads. If you look through FB's FAQ page for ad targeting, there is so many different ways that they target us by what we type into our FB profiles alone, our sex, age, schools, majors, interests, location, hobbies, etc. That is just too much. I don't want anything to do with Facebook anymore, it started out fine, and now it's become a monster.
edit on 12/9/2010 by SpaceJ because: link to ad targeting FAQ page

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Very strange - Facebook did something strange yesterday with my messages. I sent a message to my boyfriend and he sent me one back with a link that didn't work. I ask him about it and he said he didn't send me a message. Then all of a sudden I get messages from his friends that are not my friends wanting to know why I sent them a message - I didn't send them any messages. Then I also got messages from some of my friends asking about the link. I am no longer using the message service as I thought it might contain a virus. Maybe this happened while this wikileaks pic was going thru. Use caution when using Facebook!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by brettcal82

I'd say her profile is a fake. I haver seen atleast 5 profiles try to add me as a friend and they were obviously fakes.
2nd

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Very strange - Facebook did something strange yesterday with my messages. I sent a message to my boyfriend and he sent me one back with a link that didn't work. I ask him about it and he said he didn't send me a message. Then all of a sudden I get messages from his friends that are not my friends wanting to know why I sent them a message - I didn't send them any messages. Then I also got messages from some of my friends asking about the link. I am no longer using the message service as I thought it might contain a virus. Maybe this happened while this wikileaks pic was going thru. Use caution when using Facebook!

how long you are using the internet?

dont klick every link....dont play stpuid farmville crap...all this stuff is full of addware and you allways allow those
crappy scammers to post in your name...

no conpiracy here...just your own fault...

edit on 9-12-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

I've been using the net for many years and computers in general longer than you've probably been around! I only clicked the link because it was a message from my boyfriend - thinking it was a pic or poem. I don't use farmville or any of that other junk there. - I only go there to connect with my family out of state.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just to be skeptical here for a moment,
what if the OP is the poster on facebook, and did this to troll.

I don't want to disagree with you, as I believe you aren't trolling.
But I just wanted to say that the OP could easily be the same person on facebook.
Sorry, there is just so many annoying liers on the internet at the moment.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i didnt post it in facebook got better things to do with my life i live in uk someone had already found out the page was from australia, and for smoking weed i dont touch the stuff thanks, numbs peoples minds

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by brettcal82

hey you're back. read my post at the top of the thread and download the software i posted. they're pretty much the most common security software so you can be sure they're safe.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
VIRUS ALERT DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK. LOCKED UP MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!

It froze mine as well, then a jump page appeared. I ran a scan with two of my virus protectors and nothing came up.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
The owner of the blog: www.blogger.com...

Here's a facebook group of his where he asks to spread the link of Big Deal blog:
www.facebook.com...

Here's his twitter:
twitter.com...

He lives in MELBOURNE, Australia. I can try find a real name, too.

If not already posted, his name is John Cox.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

edit on 10-12-2010 by Colbomoose because: I was hoping you could delete it. New to the site and clicked wrongly. Sorry

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Have a good friend who works as a Private detective in Melbourne, Australia. Do his IT work a bit.
Need a date of birth to find someone. After that it's a no brainer.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hm.. I understand your concern, OP. This is indeed very odd, I don't even know what to say. My first reaction is one of your friends is trying to screw with you, but I don't know how you would go about it. And linking to your ATS post on your Facebook... *scratches head* I suppose it could be completely random, and he/she didn't know this was your thread at all. But that doesn't explain the first message that led to the blog -- if you aren't friends then why is any of it showing up? For you to see that without being friends, it should make a reference to someone who is your friend who either liked or commented or reposted it. The whole thing reeks, why would that person take the time to single you out like this? Have you been posting ATS or Wikileaks related links on FB at all? Dude, I don't generally consider myself a part of the tin foil hat community, but that's really weird and I think I'm about to go make one just to be safe.

Edit: My curiosity got the better of me and I tried to add Sam Hodd as a friend on my dummy account to see what else is being posted. First I get a warning that I should be sure I know her because adding a stranger is considered spam (I thought it was considered being friendly) And when I hit the add button, it tells me sorry that user has too many friend requests.
edit on 10-12-2010 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
altough is always good to be informed, by posting such rubbish we're giving it the status of something important, which is not. just single hate on a blog.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join