It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What melee weapons would you choose for when the SHTF?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

some of these weapons seem outlandish...this is a post apocalyptic situation, not Chronicles of Narnia or The Return of the Samurai...

me? id have a machete, small hatchet, 5 inch blade, and a blunt force weapon.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by eNaR

This is the classic male game of "nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.... mine's bigger than yours"!.....

Except that I am a GIRL...(gasp).... and a country girl at that. But I guaran-dang-tee you that I CAN use all the weapons I own.

I see that a lot of folks on here seem to be too "civilised" to fight to protect what they love. That's a shame. The only time I intend to fight is if someone wants to take what I have by force. My whole family is willing to share food and lodging, as long as one is willing to work to help out. I don't anticipate hunkering down in a sweaty hole waiting to put a sniper bullet thru the cranium of every joeblow that wanders near to my house!

That being said, I have weapons and the training to use them. I also possess the sack (figuratively) it takes to know when they are necessary. I suggest a few of grow some real quick-like!

Okay then..... We'll take out male.

Humour aside, if and when the time comes most everyone truly wanting to survive, but more importantly to protect loved ones, will do 'whatever' it takes to do so and an arsenal of weapons, hand or other, will be necessary.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i have a hunting knife/dagger
but i have been thinking about getting a bow and maybe learning archery too...it looks so much fun

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Would you break into this house without a gun?

img24.imageshack.us...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrucci

Archery IS a lot of fun, and a very handy thing to know. My husband and son take several deer each year with their bows. It is easier to carry in the woods, allowing you to sneak more quietly and not wear out so fast.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by Detrucci

Archery IS a lot of fun, and a very handy thing to know. My husband and son take several deer each year with their bows. It is easier to carry in the woods, allowing you to sneak more quietly and not wear out so fast.

yeah...you can have the bow on your back too, so its not exactly in your way or anything when travelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Simple the "assault 'brolly":
www.unbreakable-umbrella.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ive been taking 22 ounce 4140 carbon steel full tang framing hammers and making tactical tomahawks.

I first weld up the claw with hard surfacing rod, then grind both head and claw til it weight 16ounces, but still looks like a framing hammer at a distance. its razor sharp and cuts like a chisel through locks and 18 gauge steel and punches holes without dulling

you cant buy these tomahawks anywhere, but you sure can make them for under $20 bucks

harbor freight sells these cheap chinese 4140 hammers for $10 bucks, i buy them 5 at a time and make different designs

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Mabey we should change this to what non gun weapon would you use in a post apocaliptic world. Hmmmm. Well we'll see.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by simplethangiggy

Wow. Your one and only post and you use it to get banned. Who's dumb now? Did you reallty think it was necessary to call me a filthy name?

link   

leave this thread.

link   

leave this thread.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

Like someone said early on in this thread, you should really consider dropping the katana from your list of CQC weapons. In that scenario, it is too long and bulky to be effective. The ninja blade mentioned is the Wakisashi. I have 3 full Bushido sets of swords, along with a few additional Katanas, single handed Battle Axe and a brass backed Machete. I exercise with them because it is healthy, but also so that I am confident with them. I tell you that close in, of those choices, the small Wakisashi is the best, followed by the Tanto (which is the long knife of the set).

Beyond bragging about my collection of bladed weaponry and sounding to some like a total tool, I would advise that the first rule of H2H and CQC is to win, no matter the cost. This means picking up a chair, going for the throat, aiming for joints and reproductive organs, even gouging eyes and pulling hair like a 15 yr old school girl.
In a fight to survive, nothing is off limits. Forget about your 10 years of disciplined martial arts stances and take down tech, forget about fighting like a man or fist-to-cuffs. No, you enter as an animalistic brawler and you dont stop punching, kicking, slashing, tears, biting, slamming or crushing until you or your opponent stop moving. Forget your honor, forget your respect. If they invade you to take from you, make them pay the extreme price or die trying. There is no middle ground and only one winner.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Absolutely. If I am fighting for my children, anything goes, which includes eye balls and genitalia. If you get close enough, I'll bite a chunk off!
There is no such thing as dirty fighting when it's a fight for your life or your children.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

Nice collection of Pig Stickers you got there

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I would use my wits for defense...but I hate fighting with those not so equiped

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The Espada XL

It's one of the biggest folding knives currently made. It's legal to carry and conceal in the state of CA.
Features: Blade Length: 7.5''. Length Closed: 9.25''. Overall Length: 16.75''. Weight: 15 oz. Blade Style: Clip Point. Blade Finish: Satin. Edge: Plain. Blade Steel: AUS 8A. Rockwell Hardness: 58-60. Locking Mechanism: Tri-Ad(TM) Lock. Handle Material: Polished G10. Bolsters & Frame: Polished 7075 Aluminum. Fittings: Stainless Steel. Pocket Clip: R/H, Tip Up. Thumbplate: Ambidextrous. Country of Origin: Japan.

img197.imageshack.us..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I would love to have some bear traps for bears the bears always come out of the woods when trouble starts, a bull whip because indiana jones is kickass, nunchuks, nobody ever messes with nunchuks, at least thats what kungfu movies tell me, and of course my buddy chuck norris, and yes I do consider chucky to be a melee weopon

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Over the summer that idea crossed my mind so here's what i came up with. Mind you it looks kinda ridiculous but its all inclusive and relatively cheap. It includes a GI style abs plastic helmet, a used uk police riot shield(drilled a hole above the center the center to stick the mace nozzle through), abs plastic tactical elbow and knee pads, paintball style mask with goggles, black dirtbike shin guards, high top workboots, a large canister of bear mace and a youth size aluminum baseball bat. The whole thing cost me just under 190 dollars. But yeah the aluminum bat is great it swings fast, hits mildly hard takes zero training to swing and recovers back into attack position faster then a wooden bat. I was also thinking my walmart machete would suffice as a cheap sturdy weapon. My problem is I have too many weapons

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join