It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What melee weapons would you choose for when the SHTF?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Machete and Baseball bat.
I really enjoy my baseball bat.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Would a bag of cats meet the standard of melee? Thrown with reasonable accuracy, a cat could do
a lot of damage.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

indeed!! both laying on the ground,,, "hey wanne be friends" we will be like, kick ass..or well, like the dad and its lil girl i mean.!
ye?

would be a very strange situation!
edit on 10-12-2010 by Guilp because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2010 by Guilp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
its people like him who will give you a slight advantage in a situation, always running around thinking they know all and everyone else is just a boob, they are the only one with a 2nd, 3rd etc black belt insome sort of art wich they more then likely bought instead of truely earned. And they get taken out by a 12yr old and a dinner napkin.
They belittle folks who use whats at hand or what they improvise with. Because Momma or Daddy taught them something its set in stone, they dont open up to other ideas or collective thoughts, and those are the real things that will get you through tough times.
I may not like someones choice in the way they prep or their choice in a melee weapon, but the fact that are actually doing something about a possiable situation or a fantasy land day dream, earns my respect rather then the OZ type behinde the curtian.
Keep being creative and sharing what you have, its nice to see what people have in their tool box's

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

My shotokan belt was earned over 8 years of training. I refrain from violence as much as possible. That is the way of a true martial artist.

My parents were not involved in my development as child or adult, this is not the place to get into my personal situation. Here you are critizing others for making assumptions, and you do the EXACT same thing.

Myself and others like me, may not be hoarding weapons, gas mask and the like not because we are weak or lazy or don't feel we should get ready for when TSHTF. We look at what others think is a eventuality or possibility as a impossiblity.

If some people spent as much time into their REAL lives as preparing for what MAY happen, they would be better off.

I've used hand weapons, I've shot a handful of different guns and bows. Not a neophite when it comes to these things.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
A hockey stick and a tennis racket.
To convert to ranged weapons add the following:
puck
tennis balls.
You would be amazed how severely you can demoralize an opponent with a good accurate slap shot and a good first serve.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

I would include a lacrosse stick, you can get balls, rocks anything, thrown up to 90 miles and hour. Then you could catch fish with it after.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

I'm starting to rethink that plan to build an under ground bunker and slowly shifting towards a Recreational center any thoughts ?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by belowcommonknowledge

Yep, I know that. I don't have one yet, but, when I say "sword", I'm talking about something like the ones you can get from angelsword.com...

THOSE are swords. I wouldn't use the swords in novelty shops for anything at all.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i have several knives my favorite is my ss007 razel by crkt. also i got from work a teflon rod that is four feet long practically unbreakable

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
the knives are out of fashion you can't protect yourself well by this thing
for me i will choose a gun with knives .
the better style is AK-47.
in the game called cs i like to use this kind of gun the fire is very strong

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
In my left hand would be a 250,000v stungun(with rechargeable batteries for it and my taser) in my right either my tanto style KBar, hatchet, or machete.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
in my right hand a copy of Rambo, and in my left a copy of Mad Max. All the fan boys would be so distracted by those two movies they would not be able to do anything.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

some people that are as defenceless as can be in youre mind,,
that is my melee weapon.
easy to trap, or trick or...

just need some smart defenceless people to be the best melee you could ever find.
the bait, the trap, the choice of killing let live after a good meal and some real safety.
the melee comes to you to protect the beneficial use from you for them selves.

edit on 13-12-2010 by Guilp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

well, with no cars on the road there would be plenty of fan belts from cars. but I would also build a small still for fuel and shine

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

Thank you and thank you again

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A mace hands down. Nice and heavy, plus multiple points of impact. A bow and arrow on my back, travel light, stay alive!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by DrunkNinja

I have a medium animal trap on a stick That I guess would probably hurt like hell if you hit some with it

Thar is awesome, I laughed my freakin ass off when I read it! Imagine somone coming at you with that device- how would you react? You wouldn't want it to snap your nipple off or something so you'd be trying to avoid it, but at the same time it would be so freakin hilarious you'd probably fall down laughing!

As for myself, I'd step back and let the sword wielders hack themselves to pieces and and get out my 1911. If any bat weilders came my way I'd have to show them the gun and hopefully they would see the folly of their ways.
If I had to fight with something other than a gun I'd probaby just go for a stout staff, like a quarter staff or bo staff. The reach is long enough to outdistance most other weapons and a good crack on the noggin will settle most people down. Besides, you run less risk of hacking your leg off while flailing your sword around. Do some research into sword fighting- it is not something you will get good at with a couple weeks training. There is a good reason knights and soldiers trained for years with these kinds of weapons, That goes for thing like recurve or longbows too. Being able to shoot quickly and accurately is an art and will take a long time to develop.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

A mace could be a good choice, but where could you get a good one and wouldn't a baseball bat be a lot cheaper?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

just hammer some nails through a baseball bat. I think most of these youngsters on this thread ought to have a mop available as well. They will urinate themselves if the SHTF, they'll need to the mop to clean it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join