It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What melee weapons would you choose for when the SHTF?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

I grant you that. In the interest of full disclosure though, I pissed myself in my first firefight. I knew another guy in my platoon who defecated on himself. We kept fighting though. Anyone who says combat does not scare them is a liar or a psychopath.
edit on 15-12-2010 by sonofliberty1776 because: To display an actual word instead of a # sign.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

that is easy type in medievalware.com in to your web net browser, left side of screen has menu, warning can be addictive, and, one can get lost in there!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Your right, until your in a position where someone is looking to kill or maim you, then you'll never know how your going to react. That's why this thread has aggravated me so much. So many kids on here playing army, fantasizing about weapons, when truthfully they probably don't have the stomach to use them

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I would go with a katana and two short ones.
second line.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
A loaf of slightly stale bread and a pool noodle with a nail in the end of it.

What? I have a LOT of repressed anger and real weapons just don't give me a chance to let it all out. Beating people to death with a sponge... well that's cathartic.

Oh, a dry sponge... a wet one would be too merciful.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
A hatchet and sword. Yay! Failing that, a baseball bat with nails in it would be cool.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

yeah, because swords and hand axes obviously are only in make beleive

having said that, i'd g with the axe in my garage first, the longsword on my wall second. I have more experience using the axe and know it's heft better.

otherwise whatever's at hand, anything can be made into a weapon if you think it over
edit on 16-12-2010 by Gren because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

As for me, I'll be arming myself with my bayonette from my C7, my asp batton, home made "pepper bombs"

The home made pepper bobms are just thin shelled clay balls filled with glass, sand, a little liquid, hot peppers and a cap of wax to keep it all inside until i throw it at my attacker for a range weapon, then beat him senless with my asp batton. Then if I have to protect my life I"ll go to my bayonette

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What about a situation involving crowd control - riot police with shields & batons / horses?

Some 'area denial' non lethal weapons:

A handful of engine grease wrapped tightly in cling-wrap thrown hard enough reduces visibility & makes holding weapons & staying upright difficult when it's all over the floor/hands.
The good old-fashioned Caltrop (google it) against horses/people... & if made correctly, against vehicles. The spikes need to be a couple of inches long & strong enough to keep their shape under foot. VERY nasty, but extremely effective! Also re-useable.
Household ammonia or drain cleaner (sodium hydroxide) in a water pistol for direct 'application' or in a garden plant mister sprayed high in the air when the opposition is DOWN WIND! Wear gloves

Prepare to get your ass severely kicked if you're singled out for using any of the above!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

some thorwing knives/stars steel pole... and my fists of F**KING FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My Favorite.
And yes, I would bring the rifle too.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Holy smoke Violater1, both barrels in the face & you'd know you'd died & gone to heaven!

Seriously though, I googled the BFR.... is this really a 50 cal semi rifle?? INSANE. Where is the magazine though? Presumably that's carried on a low-loader capable of getting over rubble!?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
My weapon would be a small club or aluminum bat, you will be on the move, fashioning whatever you can wherever you can.

I would make spears for hunting, Kill a few stray dogs and use the entrails to fashion bow strings.

Knives are okay, but lets be honest, you can cut and stab a guy but unless you really deal the damage, hes not going to be harmless. You need to bash him unconscious with a bat.

Food will be easy at first, the winter will kill nearly everyone without survival experience.

Only the strong and intelligent will survive a situation like this if they are too far north.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
youre best weapon will always be youre brain. when it comes down do using weapons, you get it wrong and it can easily be fatal, for either side. if youre actually thinking about what you would do in a life or death struggle with a fellow human, before deciding with gardening equipment you'll want to start swinging around, maybe learn some basic pyschology and body language.
its not very macho, but talking youre way out of trouble is always your best option.
edit on 26-12-2010 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I would definatley use my Smith and Wesson MP15 5.56mm with EOTech holo site, my glock 22 gen 4 with cordon dpx hollow points.

Of course these are chemically activated melee weapons!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Just do your avatar's face and I'm sure everyone will take you in from the love that blooms in their hearts.

Or use it as a clever distraction and club them over the head when they arent paying attention.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i would use peace

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i would choose crossbow it allows me shoot my enemy in distance so it will be safer for me

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
personally when i run out of gun ammo and explosive material, i use my sword cane, and my knives. the sword cane is very useful to me because of how i use it. using it correctly i can block strike with a sword, club, or even a mace when i use it.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I would do like they did on UGLY AMERICANS use a man bird and cock fight
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e67f1f7a81a4.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join