It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof WIKILEAKS spreads lies propaganda and DISINFO with PICTURE

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
To the OP:
OK, You are RIGHT, maybe not EVERY child was told that, but the GREAT MAJORITY was.
And by ANY logic, that DOES NOT equal to disinformation, it is a MINOR mistake, if any...

Messed up logic, THAT's DISINFORMATION.

I've tried alerting the staff about this thread and it's obvious content and trolling.
And all i see today is that some mod removed several replies to the OP and nothing else.
WTH is up with you MODERATORS????
i'm starting to question the NEUTRALITY of this site...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I wonder if the OP had a dimensional shift. In his timeline, NO AMERICAN CHILD WAS EVER TAUGHT THAT WASHINGTON COULDN'T TELL A LIE. I'm willing to bet that the OP also thinks New Zealand is out of place and that Mandela is dead and we only dropped one bomb on Japan.....

I read thru all 7 pages, and the OP replies with the same thing over and over. Obvious troll is obvious.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
Let me get this straight. Because someones mixed up Washington and Lincoln, it completely destroys they're credibility? Jumping to conclusions a bit hastily, aren't we?

It has to do with the fact that the OP is not acknowledging the connection; thus, he is throwing all credible and known evidence out the door. Once someone proved to the OP that he was wrong, he tweaked his original statement. So, people proved him wrong again, and yet again he tweaked his second altered statement. Regardless about what type of proof people bring to the table, he will continue to add one or two words in order say, "No one has proven me wrong!"

It is called baiting or trolling for a fight, which I believe is against forum rules. I also alerted the staff, but no one seems to be watching. Or, the staff doesn't see a problem. I wish someone said something.

edit on 4-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
omg whats going on with this forum? people seem to be getting more insane by the day. why is thread on page 4, why does it have 30 flags and a billion stars?

are you even american? we are taught in grammar school that george washington cant tell a lie, its even a famous ******* quote. google "i cannot tell a lie" as for abraham lincoln we are taught he grew up in a log cabin and was shot in the back of the head at the ford theater a couple days after signing the declaration. i dont recall anything about how honest he was except that his nickname was "honest abe".

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Why? Wikileaks is an information terrorist organization, which should be shut down at the first possible opportunity. Even though this specific thread does not represent the best in opposition, I personally believe EVERYONE has a right to their opinion. Assange should be arrested, tried, and sentenced as a terrorist.

Brrr..I am getting seriously lost here..who stated what and changed what and reworked said statement and beliefs what....and.....and....and000H00FF"CLICK".. 00000007;000000FF; fatal error ..division by 0...

The OP is EXACTLY like the enormous amounts of sudden-created accounts on newsmedia outlets..there's a strong whiff of disinfo agents here..

Wikileaks has surely put the spook-worms on the baking-plate, and some panties in a twist
...They squirm like mad, but cannot get away... I am having a great time here. THIS is the ultimate revenge of the internet..a Military-created means of information-sharing doing exactly THAT, however not for the military, but for the ordinary peeps....
edit on 12/4/2010 by diakrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is where it started...

Originally posted by thecinic

Every American schoolchild is taught that George Washington – the country’s first President – could not tell a lie. If the administrations of his successors lived up to the same principle, today’s document flood would be a mere embarrassment. Instead, the US Government has been warning governments -- even the most corrupt -- around the world about the coming leaks and is bracing itself for the exposures.

It is Abraham Lincoln you know good old honest abe who in fact NEVER TOLD A LIE.This is what we were taught in school.We were never taught George Washington never told a lie...... Wikileaks is lie spreading propaganda.

After many of us pointed out the flaw in logic (HERE), he changed the statement to meet another set of criteria.

Still waiting for someone to prove that EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie...

You can't prove that which is why the thread is true wikileaks spread disinformation because it IS NOT TRUE that EVERY AMERICAN CHILD is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie..

Prove to me that wikileaks is NOT disinformation saying that "EVERY" CHILD in america is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie..... That is disinformation from wikileaks don't kid yourself prove to me that EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie. If you can't your wrong and wikileaks clearly spreads disinformation.

It has become an endless feedback loop. Even though his latest statement is based upon a certain amount of truth, he is not acknowledging the original flaw in his first statement.

Why? He wants to change the game, so he can win this particular debate. Without acknowledging his original flaw between the quoted phrase and it's origin, he has turned this into a wait and bait game.

Make a statement - People prove it wrong - Alter the statement slightly - People prove it wrong - etc... Never once did he acknowledge the original flaw.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I am sure that this is probably posted somewhere in these pages, and I am not going to read them all
But when I was in school we were taught the story that George Washington chopped down his Father's cherry tree, and when he was confronted he told his Father that he "could not tell a lie". This is, what I believe Wikileaks is referring to.

www.suite101.com...
Whether it is legend or fact I don't know.
edit on 12/4/2010 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
He's not going to acknowledge anything because all he's doing is post whoring. He proved that with a PM bragging his thread was at the top. Just let it sink and die.
edit on 4-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
I am sure that this is probably posted somewhere in these pages, and I am not going to read them all
But when I was in school we were taught the story that George Washington chopped down his Father's cherry tree, and when he was confronted he told his Father that he "could not tell a lie". This is, what I believe Wikileaks is referring to.

Welcome to the club. We all referenced that story, and the connection Wikileaks was making to George Washington. See the post above yours and click the HERE link. Lol...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It seems as if people are finally coming to an agreement here...

We almost are there.

I tried to use logic but no one would understand that.

So I use a total truth... That truth is which people are agreeing now that NOT EVERY american child is taught that George Washington couldn't tell a lie... Wikileaks has made a disinformed remark just proof that they are spreading disinformation. I can get into how we were taught in school that it was honest abe that never told a lie and that the george washington was a fable read to us never taught as a fact....

The only facts and truths I will deal with now is that WIKILEAKS as stated in the picture and on their site (as proof) that EVERY EVERY SINGLE WHICH ONE american child is taught that george washington COULDN'T tell a lie, THAT is the disinformation,. If you can prove that EVERY CHILD in america is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie let me see it.... Ican prove they are not, because I wasn't.

The propaganda is that they try to make it seem like ALL AMERICAN children IN FACT DO believe that George washington couldn't tell a lie, which is in fact my point in closing DISINFORMED propaganda on behalf of wikie leaks,,
edit on 4-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When I read things like the OP I can't help but hope it is either a joke, trolling or an actual dis-info agent. Because the only other explanation is a descriptive word from a selection of possible choices that I can't really use on here.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

Thanks. I should have read it all. I will let this die.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
TIn-foil hat! Tin-foil hat!
edit on Sat Dec 4 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It is threads like this one that embarrass me as an American.

It was George Washington, not Abe Lincoln. You are confusing the fact that Abe Lincoln was called "Honest Abe" with the stroy or GW chopping down the cherry tree. Period, end of story, you are wrong. Get over it.

Edit- I've got $5 that says the OP is a product of the public school system...Just sayin'...
edit on 4-12-2010 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It seems as if people are finally coming to an agreement here. We almost are there. I tried to use logic but no one would understand that. So I use a total truth..

Everyone else has come to an agreement that your original statement is wrong. You are still defending your original flawed statement. Until you acknowledge your original flaw in logic, there is no reason for me to return to this specific thread.

Man up.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It seems as if people are finally coming to an agreement here...

We almost are there.

I tried to use logic but no one would understand that.

The only agreement we are coming to is that your logic is flawed...

That and the unfortunate fact that some how 30 goofballs share your weak logic.

edit on 4-12-2010 by endlessknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This thread/theory is nonsense and now closed.

Springer...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join