It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof WIKILEAKS spreads lies propaganda and DISINFO with PICTURE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think the fact remains the same let me break it down to you...

Wikileaks clearly is trying to make people think that all americans are indoctrinated that our presidents do not lie... They try to prove their own point by claiming that ALL AMERICAN students are taught that our first president couldn't lie that in itself is a LIE, it is some old fable that was read to us in school... We are not taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie.... There is a story about him that he couldn't tell a lie thats it a story... They discredit themseleves BY THE claim "EVERY AMERICAN CHILD IS TAUGHT George Washington couldn't tell a lie" and that IS NOT TRUE!!!!

It has nothing to do with fact that NO ONE IN THIS DAY AND AGE believes the story of george washington and the cherry tree is true...

Wikileaks is discredited therefore because they are clearly telling things that are false to make it look like americans believe everything the government tells us... The facts still are WIKILEAKS has made up a statement that is not true not one bit...

If it was taught in schools 40 years ago i'm saying "if" it was taught as true 40 years ago, because I wasn't in school then, that they need to understand NO ONE BELIEVES george washington couldn't tell a lie... Past presidents have a big factor to play when wikileaks leaders assange knows nothing about america, but claims to open it up, when wikileaks is spreading disinformation and can't open up a modern history book or seem to understand NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE TAUGHT that george washington couldn't tell a lie.
edit on 4-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
I think the fact remains the same let me break it down to you...

Wikileaks clearly is trying to make people think that all americans are indoctrinated that our presidents do not lie... They try to prove their own point by claiming that ALL AMERICAN students are taught that our first president couldn't lie that in itself is a LIE, it is some old fable that was read to us in school... We are not taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie.... There is a story about him that he couldn't tell a lie thats it a story... They discredit themseleves BY THE claim "EVERY AMERICAN CHILD IS TAUGHT George Washington couldn't tell a lie" and that IS NOT TRUE!!!!

It has nothing to do with fact that NO ONE IN THIS DAY AND AGE believes the story of george washington and the cherry tree is true...

Wikileaks is discredited therefore because they are clearly telling things that are false to make it look like americans believe everything the government tells us... The facts still are WIKILEAKS has made up a statement that is not true not one bit...

If it was taught in schools 40 years ago i'm saying "if" it was taught as true 40 years ago, because I wasn't in school then, that they need to understand NO ONE BELIEVES george washington couldn't tell a lie... Past presidents have a big factor to play when wikileaks leaders assange knows nothing about america, but claims to open it up, when wikileaks is spreading disinformation and can't open up a modern history book or seem to understand NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE TAUGHT that george washington couldn't tell a lie.

So, you were taught something entirely different then what everyone else was taught on here, and we're all wrong, plus Wikileaks, but you're right?

Do you understand why the entire thread is laughing at you?

YOU'RE WRONG. George Washington is attributed with not being able to tell a lie. This is an old story, OP. I'm sorry you didn't learn this in school, but Wikileaks is correct. Just because YOU didn't hear of this story doesn't invalidate their work.

Even if they were wrong, you still think that all of the cables are disinfo? Jeez, what are you, a government agent trying to spread disinfo yourself?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Every american child is NOT TAUGHT george washington couldn't tell a lie..... It is disinformation on behalf of wikileaks YOUR WRONG..... I wasn't and im very american, sorry to burst your assange fantasy wikileak world bubble. Can you prove EVERY AMERICAN CHILD IS TAUGHT george washington couldn't tell a lie?? You can't because it is NOT TRUE. Neither can wikileaks prove that EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA IS TAUGHT george washington couldn't tell a lie. Wikileaks is total foolishness.. I CAN prove THAT NOT EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie... I wasn't and my whole class wasn't.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Buddy...I'm Canadian. Even I have heard the story of G.W. and the cherry tree. It's not taught in our schools, but it's common popular knowledge. That is a front page of a website, giving a passionate metaphor for their beliefs. It doesn't really need to be cited or factual because it's an opinion piece. While the information presented by their leaks are factual documents...Perhaps you've just gotten confused and over paranoid. Remember if you go to sleep they aren't going to come get you, and no that's not just what the voices want you to believe.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I was taught that.

You may not have been taught that in America, but as a child in New Zealand in the 70's it was George Washington and the Cherry Tree, Pizarro routing the Inca (in English it was said as "rooting" and brought a skoolboy chortle, not realising the magnitude of the event).;We had "Reds under the bed" and shared our national sport with a (rogue: but useful) Apartheid State, Wonderful World of Disney, The Goodies, Spot On and all sorts of fabricated existence, maunfacturing consent and reinforcing memes.

Powerful export, the founding myth of 'Honesty above all (but God)'.
It still resonates.

edit on 4-12-2010 by aorAki because: );

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
As long as you understand wikileaks has presented false information in saying EVERY AMERICAN CHILD is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie...We were READ a STORY key word there READ A STORY it was NOT TAUGHT TO ME...NO ONE TAUGHT ME George washington couldn't tell a lie. If you can swallow that then we are on the same page... It is FALSE INFORMATION from wikileaks stating EVERY AMERICAN CHILD IS TAUGHT that george washington couldn't tell a lie. We were taught about honest abe living in a wood cabin...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

I was taught that.

You may not have been taught that in America, but as a child in New Zealand in the 70's it was George Washington and the Cherry Tree, Pizarro routing the Inca (in English it was said as "rooting" and brought a skoolboy chortle, not realising the magnitude of the event).;We had "Reds under the bed" and shared our national sport with a (rogue: but useful) Apartheid State, Wonderful World of Disney, The Goodies, Spot On and all sorts of fabricated existence, maunfacturing consent and reinforcing memes.

Powerful export, the founding myth of 'Honesty above all (but God)'.
It still resonates.

edit on 4-12-2010 by aorAki because: );

I WASN'T YOUR RIGHT!! Thus making the statement by wikileaks DISINFORMATION AND FALSE

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Perhaps it says "NOTHING about a cherry tree" because it is assumed (rightly or wrongly) that there was enough mental fortitude in the reader to be able to associate the quote with the meme?

Certainly if you ask about honesty and Presidents of the United States of America my first association is with George Washington, and then I recall 'Honest Abe'. However, Washington and the cherry tree has been in my memory longer as that is an easier and more fable in nature story to tell while the story of Lincoln, while also shrouded within a framework of mythology, requires a more developed mind to wash.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I WASN'T YOUR RIGHT!! Thus making the statement by wikileaks DISINFORMATION AND FALSE

I would never presume to speak for my Country as a whole.

Just Myself.

Were you ever taught that George Washington said what he said about that pesky cherry tree?
Junior School perhaps (or what it is that is Primary)?
edit on 4-12-2010 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2010 by aorAki because: to explain the prior edit: added question

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Wikileaks speaks for EVERY AMERICAN CHILD when they state that EVERYONE AMERICAN CHILD is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie...

WIKILEAKS SAYS that "EVERY" american child is taught that george washington never told a lie,
which is false and disinformation.

Because "EVERY" AMERICAN CHILD is NOT taught that.. THUS MAKING Wikileaks STATING DISINFORMATION.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

We were NOT taught in american school that George Washington couldn't tell a lie, that is false blatant propaganda by wikileaks..

We were taught in school that Abraham Lincoln never told a lie....

It is known as a fable a story something we know that IS NOT TRUE wikileaks tries to make it out like we are indoctrinated with the story of George Washington never telling a lie which we knew in school that IT WAS JUST A STORY!!!

The fact is if wikileaks didn't try to indoctrinate the people with lies, we know that Abraham Lincoln in fact never told a lie and WE KNOW THAT the story of george washington couldn't tell a lie is false...

Wikileaks makes it out that we all believe that George Washington couldn't tell a lie... WELL we know that is a story we do not believe that...

WHAT WE WERE taught and what we believe is that in fact Honest Abe NEVER told a lie...

Wikileaks tries to make it out like we were taught to believe that george washington couldn't tell a lie which IS NOT TRUE....

We were taught and it is true HONEST abe was the upmost man and never told a lie....
edit on 3-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

You might have been taught that, but I was not. In fact I was taught that Lincoln lied to get elected (He didn't care about the black slaves, Abolishing slavery was all about politics.) us int the civil war.

Assange, being from Austraila not only would have never gone to school in the U.S. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that he was home schooled.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
So, if it were worded differently, say "Every American child is related the tale Washington wouldn't tell a lie....", the information WikiLeaks is presenting would carry more merit?
Because an Austrailian, who never went to an American school, quoted a....fable...incorrectly, we toss the whole thing?

Isn't that akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

What is your problem man? would you rather be kept in the dark all your life in a room with padded walls so you feel safe? Some of the people on this site crack me up sure everyone is entitled to there opinion but i dont understand people badmouthing wiki for what its done. All they have done is lifted the curtain from our eyes and gave us the ability to proove once and for all what scumbags most people in power are...I dont see how this could hurt or offend anyone personally unless you where one of the corrupt polititions like hillary clinton mentioned in these leaks. No good deeds are done in the shadows and the only reason there paniking is because there going to lose there grip on there power. And it seems to me that the only people bothered by this are americans in fear of losing there place in world affairs. Please give me 1 good logical reason why these leaks are a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
you prove nothing. Who do you work for for?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Actually, to be honest, I was taught that they both said something to that effect. I mean, it was mentioned more in relation to Lincoln, but I recall hearing it attributed to Washington as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Just No Mr Philpott.
Just No.

My post was not off topic at all, it was a video that showed that the 'I cannot tell a lie' story is a quite common one and a well known story, it was not off topic at all. Instead of going on some kind of supermod rampage throughout this utterly ludicrous thread, what you should of done is moved it to BTS rants or something similar where it belongs
Why is it ATS at the moment has this agenda of letting the lunatic fringe rise to the top, totally ignoring the 'Deny Ignorance' catch phrase that it seemingly once prided itself on.
It is because of this madness that this site has lost some valued members of late and it will continue as the place is thrown into the depths of insanity.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Just going to say, that I am from a town in the middle of no where in Australia originally, 6 hours outside of Sydney in the middle of Australian desert areas....and even I was taught/learnt that it was George Washington who could not tell a lie...just throwing it out there

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Wikileaks speaks for EVERY AMERICAN CHILD when they state that EVERYONE AMERICAN CHILD is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie...

WIKILEAKS SAYS that "EVERY" american child is taught that george washington never told a lie,
which is false and disinformation.

Because "EVERY" AMERICAN CHILD is NOT taught that.. THUS MAKING Wikileaks STATING DISINFORMATION.

OP's getting all annoyed. I presume it's because he's having trouble accepting that he has been proven wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
More B.S. This isn't proof. For the love of Christ, the 9-member council of Wikileaks isn't even American! >_< Do you know the history of Australia? Or Russia? How about Mongolia? No? Then how can you expect a non-American to know that George Washington's 'quote' was from a fable (The Cherry Tree)?

B**** pleeeease...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

You are joking right?!?

Funny to see so many people buying in to the Gvovernments witch-hunt against Wikileaks, just the fact that the wikileaks web-site has been killed should give you some pointers that the US isn't to keen to let anyone see some of the documents that is coming.

And you have the audacity to call wikileaks disinfo agents..... Man, you are doing the governments job right now, hindering the truth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join