It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof WIKILEAKS spreads lies propaganda and DISINFO with PICTURE

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Is this a joke? How has this thread had so many stars? Threads like this only serve to damage the reputation of the board and its users.

I'm English, so I was taught nothing about this subject at school. However, I have watched several documentries about the history of the USA recently on the "History" channel, and several times they referred to Washington as "the man who couldn't tell a lie", and also mentioned the cherry tree story. I guess they must be in on it too, obviously it's propoganda, but that's irrelevant in relation to your claims. This thread has only ruined your reputation by highlighting your ignorance and the fact you are bigot...that's if you're serious, of course..
edit on 4-12-2010 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2010 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
WOW....this is truly embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Wikileaks speaks for EVERY AMERICAN CHILD when they state that EVERYONE AMERICAN CHILD is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie...

WIKILEAKS SAYS that "EVERY" american child is taught that george washington never told a lie,
which is false and disinformation.

Because "EVERY" AMERICAN CHILD is NOT taught that.. THUS MAKING Wikileaks STATING DISINFORMATION.

So you're angry you weren't told the correct story and now blame Wikileaks for spreading the truth? Listen, I'm really sorry it's not Abe, I know how much you want it to be that...but the reality is, that story's about Washington.

Here's a simplified version of the story:

I think it's laughable that you try to discredit Wikileaks using an old fable...especially considering it was you who didn't get it in the first place.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
What Assange shouldve added about the George Washington fable is " never trust a man with wooden teeth or a government with secrets such as these leaks" -bong- lol yeah it was G-Dubs who never told a lie. Also it is ok for wikileaks to spread disinfo as log as were intelligent enough to disseminate for ourselves we can allow some entertainment.

CRISIS control in the American has me a little skeptical. Theyre acting as if almost everything released on wikileaks wasnt suspected or known already. Oh yeah thats right because these leaks in essence means that you are "getting it from the horses mouth". Well WW3 isnt here yet so enjoy the cold and peace

ote]Originally posted by thecinic
JUST spotted this on the cablegate wikieleaks site it is proof they do not know what they are talking about, need to stop their disinformation machine, filling peoples heads brainwashing them, THEY are spreading lies and propaganda.

Every American schoolchild is taught that George Washington – the country’s first President – could not tell a lie. If the administrations of his successors lived up to the same principle, today’s document flood would be a mere embarrassment. Instead, the US Government has been warning governments -- even the most corrupt -- around the world about the coming leaks and is bracing itself for the exposures.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f415103cca2b.jpg[/atsimg]

It is Abraham Lincoln you know good old honest abe who in fact NEVER TOLD A LIE.This is what we were taught in school.We were never taught George Washington never told a lie...... Wikileaks is lie spreading propaganda.

There was more to Lincoln’s integrity than just financial honesty, however. As a lawyer, Lincoln combated, both in word and deed, his profession’s reputation for dishonesty. Lincoln won his nickname “Honest Abe” (sometimes “Honest Old Abe,” though he was only in his forties at the time) while practicing law in the circuit courts of Illinois during the 1850s. Colleagues ranked him “at the head of his profession in the state” in part because of their absolute confidence that he never told a lie. In his notes for a lecture on the law, Lincoln advised his audience to dismiss from their minds the “popular belief that lawyers are necessarily dishonest.” Honesty should be the top priority of the young when they selected an occupation. “Resolve to be honest at all events; and if, in your own judgment, you can not be an honest lawyer, resolve to be honest without being a lawyer. Choose some other occupation.”[11]

www.fpri.org...

A history lesson for some of you....

George Washington chopped down a cherry tree one time and his father asked him if he did it blah blah that might be the fabel you try say they mean, nowhere in that wikileaks lie is there ANYTHING about a cherry tree. We were taught IN AMERICA that it was ABRAHAM LINCOLN that IN FACT NEVER TOLD A LIE....

HENCE making wikileaks lie spreading propaganda BS presented to you by an alledged rapist with NO credibility.

Here is a un-altered photo in case wikileaks tries to correct this real fast.

Wikileaks is NOT to be trusted..

Assange has not gained ANY trust and now proof that wikileaks spreads lies that are not true!

This is a LIE wikileaks and you try to make up your own fairytales to fool your sheeps... NOT going to work.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/12/3 by GradyPhilpott because: see note above

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The fact will remain the same wikileaks has spreaded disinformation....

Can you prove EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA IS TAUGHT that george washing couldn't tell a lie?????

You can't because it is a false statement made by wikileaks..

case closed i'm right.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
Actually, to be honest, I was taught that they both said something to that effect. I mean, it was mentioned more in relation to Lincoln, but I recall hearing it attributed to Washington as well.

Theres ONE MORE, thats me, my whole class, and this person..For proof NOT EVERY CHILD in AMERICA is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie..

No joke at all the whole point being is wikileaks spread disinformation

Can you prove that "EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA" IS taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie... I'm waiting for the answer (which none of you can come up with) thus making my whole thread true as day...
edit on 4-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Maybe YOU weren't taught that George Washington was said to have claimed he could not tell a lie, I, however, heard that story about George Washington and his honesty in first grade, in 1959.

This thread is an example of the best you have to do with your time? What? Do you earn a living writing this sort of drivel?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Maybe YOU weren't taught that George Washington was said to have claimed he could not tell a lie, I, however, heard that story about George Washington and his honesty in first grade, in 1959.

I also heard about the story in first grade (1980). You are not alone. It was also repeated through out my elementary school years. According to my sister who teaches English at a local high school, the short story is mandatory reading for kids in elementary and/or preschool.

"Every American schoolchild is taught that George Washington – the country’s first President – could not tell a lie. If the administrations of his successors lived up to the same principle, today’s document flood would be a mere embarrassment. Instead, the US Government has been warning governments -- even the most corrupt -- around the world about the coming leaks and is bracing itself for the exposures."

The Cherry Tree
by M. L. Weems

When George was about six years old, he was made the wealthy master of a hatchet of which, like most little boys, he was extremely fond. He went about chopping everything that came his way.

One day, as he wandered about the garden amusing himself by hacking his mother's pea sticks, he found a beautiful, young English cherry tree, of which his father was most proud. He tried the edge of his hatchet on the trunk of the tree and barked it so that it died.

Some time after this, his father discovered what had happened to his favorite tree. He came into the house in great anger, and demanded to know who the mischievous person was who had cut away the bark. Nobody could tell him anything about it.

Just then George, with his little hatchet, came into the room.

"George,'' said his father, "do you know who has killed my beautiful little cherry tree yonder in the garden? I would not have taken five guineas for it!''

This was a hard question to answer, and for a moment George was staggered by it, but quickly recovering himself he cried:

"I cannot tell a lie, father, you know I cannot tell a lie! I did cut it with my little hatchet.''

The anger died out of his father's face, and taking the boy tenderly in his arms, he said:

"My son, that you should not be afraid to tell the truth is more to me than a thousand trees! Yes - though they were blossomed with silver and had leaves of the purest gold!''

If you didn't learn this short-story in your younger years, I would blame the school in which you attended. It is mandatory in the Massachusetts elementary and/or preschool school system to teach this fable.

edit on 4-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I was expecting see a picture of Julian holding a box of lies with propaganda wrapping paper over it and a tag from the Disinfo Store still hanging off the stick-on Presidential bow-tie Christmas ribbon.

This is a lesson learned. Never expect anything in life and you will never be disappointed.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a) topic creator you do not post any proof.

b) you must not speak english well?

I do not understand the purpose of this stupid topic.

The topic creator , from what I understand, is basically stating " HEY EVERYONE LOOK WIKILEAKS MADE A NAME MISTAKE THATS PROOF OF THEIR DISINFORMATION!!!"

c) all in all this is most likely the dumbest and garbage filled topic I have ever seen on ATS. And let me tell you I have seen a few bad topics before. My sympathy goes out to the poor misguided topic creator.

And not to mention that the topic creator is nothing but wrong .

www.allaboutstuff.com...
www.suite101.com...

ALL IN ALL, DEBUNKED. Once again my condolences to the poor misguided topic creator.

edit on 4-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Is this a joke?
I opened this thread expecting so much more, instead there's only some asinine rambling about George Washington and a flimsy link between that and Wikileaks.
OP seriously needs to calm down I think...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Still waiting for someone to prove that EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie...

You can't prove that which is why the thread is true wikileaks spread disinformation because it IS NOT TRUE that EVERY AMERICAN CHILD is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie..

Prove to me that wikileaks is NOT disinformation saying that "EVERY" CHILD in america is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie..... That is disinformation from wikileaks don't kid yourself prove to me that EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie. If you can't your wrong and wikileaks clearly spreads disinformation.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Still waiting for someone to prove that EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie...

You can't prove that which is why the thread is true wikileaks spread disinformation because it IS NOT TRUE that EVERY AMERICAN CHILD is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie..

Prove to me that wikileaks is NOT disinformation saying that "EVERY" CHILD in america is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie..... That is disinformation from wikileaks don't kid yourself prove to me that EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie. If you can't your wrong and wikileaks clearly spreads disinformation.

No, you are spreading disinformation, and won't even admit you made a mistake. You asserted in your OP that this was a lie because it was NOT taught to Americans....then many Americans come on the thread and prove that statement is wrong. So you change the goal posts just to avoid having to admit that actually, you're the one spreading lies because the statement in your OP is BLATANTLY wrong.

Shame on you.

second
edit on 4-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
First-School Preschool Activities and Crafts Themes

First-School features free fun preschool lesson plans, educational early childhood activities, printable crafts, worksheets, calendar of events and other resources for children of preschool age. The preschool crafts, lesson plans and activities are appropriate and adaptable for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarten level (ages 2 to 6).

Hey look.... They have the lesson plan posted online!
The Cherry Tree Author: M. L. Weems

Again, if you missed learning this in school, I would blame the school in which you attended. You should have learned this by the first grade.

edit on 4-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Perhaps it's time to simply treat this matter with the same level of maturity and respect the OP is setting the tone with....

The facts remain the same, that you are spreading disinformation and lies....

Wikileaks states in america we are taught that GEORGE WASHINGTON NEVER TOLD A LIE

Can you prove wikileaks said George Washing "NEVER" told a lie?????

I'm waiting for the answer (which you can't come up with) thus making your whole thread lies and propaganda...

You can't because it is a false statement made by you.

Wikileaks never used the word "never" in your "picture of proof".

Case closed. I'm right.

*sticks fingers in ears*

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!
edit on 12/4/10 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Why don't you prove the statement was made to intentionally mislead? It's your claim and have yet to back it up.

It is automatically assumed 'every child' because it is required teaching. If an educator is teaching something different, shame on them. Just Google, "I can not tell a lie", and you'll be hard pressed to find that line attributed to anyone other than Washington. It's not proof and only shows what a large majority were taught. Asking people to prove something they can not is disingenuous because you know they can't. It allows you to continue to drivel.

But by all means, keep digging. This is comedic relief.

For the hell of it I asked my sister, a grade school teacher, if this was in fact 'required' teaching and she said it most certainly was.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
When you can prove to me that EVERY CHILD in america is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie then will i concede.. You can not prove that because it is disinformation not every child in america is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie..... Just admit wikileaks spread disinformation... its not true that every child in america is taught george washington couldn't tell a lie.... Get real. Prove that every child in america is taught george washington couldn't tell a lie..... I'm waiting.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

When you can prove to me that "Wikileaks states in america we are taught that GEORGE WASHINGTON NEVER TOLD A LIE" then will i concede.. You can not prove that because it is disinformation wikileaks never used the word "never"..... Just admit you spread disinformation... its not true that "Wikileaks states in america we are taught that GEORGE WASHINGTON NEVER TOLD A LIE".... Get real. Prove that "Wikileaks states in america we are taught that GEORGE WASHINGTON NEVER TOLD A LIE"..... I'm waiting.

Case closed. I'm right.
edit on 12/4/10 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why there is "PROOF" in title, when there isn't any. We demand proof, so show us. I see ppl have endless habit to oppose EVERYTHING, they just want attention.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If you look at the picture provided and wikileaks itself it clearly stated THAT EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA IS TAUGHT that george washington COULDN'T tell a lie... When you can prove to me that every child in america is taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie get back to me... THE FACT IS WIKILEAKS has spread disinformation in saying EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA is taught that George Washington couldn't tell a lie proof right there of blatant ignorant disinformation because NOT EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA IS TAUGHT that george washington COULDN'T tell a lie... You get it now prove to me every child in america is taught george washington couldn't tell a lie.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join