It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Defends Julian Assange & Wikileaks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by Crimelab

Ron Paul is very anti abortion. However, even though he is against it, he does not wish to prohibit it or outlaw it because it is a woman's choice. That's what I admire about him.

That is a great point about Ron Paul..

Although he has his own views that dissagree with some people, he still backs the Constitution which generally leaves choice in the hands of the people......

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the only US Politician I am aware of that (from my European pov) strikes me as respectable.

I heard his statement on foreign policy in one of those pre-electoral debates and was stunned... I didnt know that his position even existed in the american worldview.
His evaltuation of the FED was also refreshingly critical.
I wonder what his positions on access to water as a human right and gun control are...
If I was an US citizen Id want this guy to represent me.

Guys like him would help to restore the US Image throughout the world.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Too bad he'll never get elected - if they fixed the Bush election for him to win, they'll surely fix it for him to lose. At least there is ONE voice of reason and sanity in our government, can't believe he hasn't 'accidentally' died from a plane crash or 'natural causes' like a heart attack.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
BAM!!! Ron Paul nails it. I'm so glad this man is around to tell the Mainstream masses what's right and what's wrong.

That's why Ron Paul will never be elected as President of US. The public doesn't want to know what's right or wrong all they want is divisive politics, rhetoric - A blaming B & B blaming A. A sane person like Ron Paul will never be appreciated by media (Fox, MSN etc) driven public.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If you haven't seen this here it is:

Banned Incredible Ron Paul Video
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Go Ron!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
well I guess Ron Paul would stand up for Julian Assange
if they both have the same boss.

I show you this next article where it states Soros moveon.org
is funding Ron Paul Political Campaign Advertisements.
So there u have the master plan of action for 2012.
Break down America and put Ron Paul in office
and end the US Banking System when Paul
ends the Fed. I wonder how many times a month
does Soros and Paul talk on the phone or e-mail
their agendas?

swordattheready.wordpress.com...

So is this a direct tie between
George Soros and Ron Paul ????

Also note:

Ron Paul breaks record for most campaign
donations online in 24 hrs. I wonder where all that
$4.1M came from ????

wizbangpolitics.com...

are the pieces starting to fit together
nicely enough for ya ???

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I am kind of ambivalent about Ron Paul.

I'm an independent and very conservative. This would seem to match him very well. I admire him hugely for a great deal of what he has done in his career.

Thanks to his stance on the 2nd Amendment, and Abortion, I will not vote for the man. I see so much good in his fiscal policies that I have often wished, in some little political daydream, that if the man would just say, "OK, I won't address those 2 points if you elect me, but I'll deal with the 1001 other things that need it," and I'd be all for him.

He unswervingly supports the things I believe in, in all but those two points (I am not an expert on him so perhaps there is more I don't know about). I love his style and his forthright nature. I think he may genuinely be one of the few honest politicians in our nation (although Chris Christie comes to mind - though I admit my view of him is based on limited knowledge and influenced by my readershop of Mish's Global Economics blog.

But I feel so strongly about both of those points, especially the 2nd Amendment, that it's just a total dealbreaker for me. It's really so tragic that I've often considered that maybe we should not have a single president responsible for everything. You know, when this began the country was vastly, vastly, vastly smaller and less complex than it is now. I personally don't think that the guy handling foreign policy and military should necessarily be the same guy handling the detail of banking and economics or the guy dealing with social problems and programs (edu, justice, welfare, elderly/children/disabled, etc.), should necessarily be the same guy handling issues of federalism vs. states, interstate-anything, etc.

I mean let's face it, CEO's for example are usually salesmen, performers and negotiators, not accountants and counselors and line production managers -- they hire other people for that stuff, not just because they're busy, but because their personality suited for one job tends to make them unsuited for another. I rather feel like we have that situation with our political leadership.

RC
edit on 5-12-2010 by RedCairo because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I think ron paul is a pretty cool guy, eh supports assange and doesn't afraid of anything. in the midst of all these #ers calling for nothing less than his execution.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Just out of curiosity, what is your stance on the 2nd Amendment? ...and what exactly don't you like about his stance?
edit on 6/12/10 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

This is a good statement and question.

This is media, isn't it? I mean, why don't we prosecute The New York Times or anybody that releases this?”

Here is a video on this

edit on 6-12-2010 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well I guess Ron Paul would stand up for Julian Assange
if they both have the same boss.

I show you this next article where it states Soros moveon.org
is funding Ron Paul Political Campaign Advertisements.
So there u have the master plan of action for 2012.
Break down America and put Ron Paul in office
and end the US Banking System when Paul
ends the Fed. I wonder how many times a month
does Soros and Paul talk on the phone or e-mail
their agendas?

swordattheready.wordpress.com...

So is this a direct tie between
George Soros and Ron Paul ????

Also note:

Ron Paul breaks record for most campaign
donations online in 24 hrs. I wonder where all that
$4.1M came from ????

wizbangpolitics.com...

are the pieces starting to fit together
nicely enough for ya ???

Mate, that record didn't last long...Obama smashed it and every other donation record during his campaign..
Old record, old news......

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Основой юридической защиты г-на Джулиана Пола Ассанжа (Julian Paul Assange) из Wikileaks могло бы стать обоснование соответствия его действий международному праву и основным правам человека (в том числе это и право знать кто управляет людьми и какой их как интеллектуальный, нравственный, так и профессиональный уровень, в той части, что касается их способности регулировать публичные общественные процессы).

Кроме того, есть юридические обоснования его права не раскрывать источники информации, если обнародованная информация соответствует действительности и затрагивает основные права большого количества людей.

Невід'ємні права Людини.
Неотъемлемые права Человека.
Droits inalienables de l'homme.
Rechte des Menschen.
Inalienable human rights.

blogs.pravda.ru...

konsyltacii.livejournal.com...

Относительно выдвинутого формального обвинения Джулиану Полу Ассанжу (Julian Paul Assange) из Wikileaks: судя по тому, в чем его обвиняют (по опубликованной в интернете информации), он, скорее, не обвиняемым должен быть, он,скорее всего, потерпевший, так как из самой сути обвинений понятно, что идет фактическая его дискриминация и безосновательные придирки с противоположной стороны, мало имеющие общего с правами человека и простой логикой.

The basis of legal protection, Mr. Julian Paul Assange of Wikileaks could be justification for its compliance with existing international law and fundamental human rights (including this and the right to know who controls the people and what they as an intellectual, moral or and professional level, in so far as regards their ability to regulate public social processes).

In addition, there is legal justification of his right not to disclose sources of information, if released information corresponds to reality and affects the basic rights of many people.

Regarding of formal charges, Julian Paul Assange (Julian Paul Assange) from Wikileaks: Judging by the charges against him (published in the online information), it probably is not the accused should be, it is likely the victim, because of the very essence of the charges it is clear that it is the actual discrimination and baseless carping from the opposite side, having little to do with human rights and simple logic.

Невід'ємні права Людини.
Неотъемлемые права Человека.
Droits inaliénables de l'homme.
Unveräußerlichen Rechte des Menschen.
Inalienable human rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join