It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Defends Julian Assange & Wikileaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) is taking a stand as one of Julian Assange’s few defenders in Washington, arguing that the WikiLeaks founder should get the same protections as the media.

Attorney General Eric Holder said this week that the Justice Department is examining whether Assange can be charged with a crime for posting hundreds of thousands of leaked government intelligence documents and diplomatic cables.

“In a free society we're supposed to know the truth,” Paul said. “In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it.”

“This whole notion that Assange, who's an Australian, that we want to prosecute him for treason. I mean, aren't they jumping to a wild conclusion?” he added. “This is media, isn't it? I mean, why don't we prosecute The New York Times or anybody that releases this?”

www.politico.com...

BAM!!! Ron Paul nails it. I'm so glad this man is around to tell the Mainstream masses what's right and what's wrong...and what's wrong is that Assange is being prosecuted against for exposing the truth.

This is why everyone should've voted for Paul instead of Mr. Obama.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

WikiLeaks founder should get the same protections as the media.

Nailed it

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

“This is media, isn't it? I mean, why don't we prosecute The New York Times or anybody that releases this?”

That is exactly what needs to be pointed out! Aren't all of the media outlets that use this information also committing possible treason by proxy of using the information second hand? I mean it's not like Julian himself obtained the information illegally. He and his group are getting sent this information by other people. The only ones that I can see possibly breaking any laws are the original people obtaining this information. And that alone would have to be proven in a court of law before they could pursue anything else, or so it would seem.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
From 435 Congressmens only one is standing up to the truth
Why do you vote at all your poor fellow Americans ?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only politician in this world that I trust.
The GOP folk are so giddy about Sarah Palin and her straight talking nature and how she is a person of the people but Ron Paul for me is all that and more. He tells it as it is but he also has the intelligence to understand the complexities required to run a government.
I have never listened to a politician where everytime they speak on any matter they get it right on the money.
Ron Paul does it everytime.

Assanage should be given exactly the same rights as the rest of the world media, he isn't the person supplying the inside information.
What he is doing is no different from the leaks coming out from the government that are reported all the time in our national media. What they should be doing is focussing their attention on the source of the leak who is commiting treason by leaking these documents to wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wish Ron Paul wouldn't be associated with those goons in the Tea Party, but many of my Liberal friends (mind you, I'm pretty deep to the Left and even I'm a Paul supporter) love to call him a racist, a Tea Party radical, etc. Clearly, they are clueless about his policies and ideologies.

Ron isn't part of the "thanks but no thanks" crowd. He isn't part of the "I'm Glenn Beck and I'm a Mormon" crowd. He's part of the Sanity crowd.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I wish Ron Paul wouldn't be associated with those goons in the Tea Party, but many of my Liberal friends (mind you, I'm pretty deep to the Left and even I'm a Paul supporter) love to call him a racist, a Tea Party radical, etc. Clearly, they are clueless about his policies and ideologies.

Ron isn't part of the "thanks but no thanks" crowd. He isn't part of the "I'm Glenn Beck and I'm a Mormon" crowd. He's part of the Sanity crowd.

Yeah but unfortunately for him his son is not, and that leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. Guilty by association, I'm afraid.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ron Paul, is the only member of congress, who has the courage to stand up like a man, AND TELL THE TRUTH!

And Dr. Paul has been doing this for decades.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The media is not putting out all the information Wikileaks is providing them.

There is a lot of information that they refuse to publish.

I see nothing wrong with what is being disclosed.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Mr. Ron Paul did the right thing here. Way to go sir !

The masses still trust the msm to inform and educate them though?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Ron Paul tells it how it is..
Here in Australia we have had MANY leaked Government documents..

The police do investigate where the leak came from but do not procecute the media..

It seems odd though, because most countries have "whistleblower" laws to protect people that wish to show corruption or fraud in the workplace and whithin Government..

Now they wish to change the laws back to keep everything a secret????

Maybe they should just have less secrets to leak out !!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

But, alas, he is also part of the Pro-Life crazies crowd. All his talk about personal liberties is kind of undermined by being a rabid "pro-lifer".

There is no comparable situation to pregnancy and the demands it places on a woman's health and welfare. As a libertarian, it strikes me as odd that he came to the conclusion that in the case of pregnancy, all personal liberties should be put on hold until it can be brought to term.

While I agree with a lot of what RP says about TPTB, he is not a role model on many other issues, imo.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ron Paul for pres 2012

I dream of a better world

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Truely said...Where is the war crimes investigation?Where is the treason iinvestigation?etc etc/
?
These revelations indicate that there is a distinct(obviously)possibility that real war crimes have been committed by our highest leaders, as well as the rank and file soldiers...
Why arent they investigating these things?
They are too busy trying to hang a phoney charge on Assange instead....
We can see who is protected from prosecution regardless of how heinous the crime, and who is harrassed and railroaded for SPEAKING TRUTH>>>>>
The mesage IS getting through....I just hope it has the power to spread worldwide.....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I truely don't understand why he is a criminal for passing this information along but Drudge,CNN, NYT, and all other MSM
outlets are in the clear and allowed to report on every cable they want to with absolutely NO reprocussions whatsoever!!!! Please explain!!!
edit on 3-12-2010 by Screwed because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul is God.
End of.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ron Paul has once again proven that he and he alone is the sole defender of the liberty, democracy, constitutional rights of all Americans. Where are the other 534 Washington politicians? Oh that is right they are either condemning freedom of the press or they are staying silent.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePyramidAgenda

Yep, it is that type of mentality that got us here in the first place. When will we learn?
Ron Paul is God? lol. mmmmk. YOU ARE GOD!!! I AM GOD!!! STOP giving your power away to other people! PLEASE!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Wow. Way to exaggerate my post.
I said he was God, simply because he was sticking up for the every day person. Something which I believe is very rare among Politicians.

I wasn't saying he was actually God himself.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimelab

Ron Paul is very anti abortion. However, even though he is against it, he does not wish to prohibit it or outlaw it because it is a woman's choice. That's what I admire about him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join