It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News!!! NASA To disclose About a Finding on Extraterrestrial Life. FO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
while this certainly is important, dont start making intergallactic travel plans yet, this isnt "ET phone home" alien life, this is microbial life, that wont resemble humanoid intelligence for another billion+ years.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I read somewhere that it is to do with a new form of like that has been found in some seriously toxic environment on earth, I can't remember specifics, I'll try and find the article again... But basically NASA believes that it means that life has developed on Earth at least twice now in totally separate ways and this new evidence points to that... It is an actual life form but it's from Earth - it's got the Astro Biologists all happy cos it's more hope that life is really quite common.

But our own investigations suggest that it follows a breakthrough in the discovery of microbes in a lake that get their energy from the usually poisonous arsenic. Experts say this shows they had a completely different origin to any other creature known on our planet. It means that life began not just once but at least twice on Earth.

here

edit on 1/12/2010 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
so how many hours till this NASA broadcast is on ??? I'm down in Australia so i'm trying to catch it from my end if the connection dosn't keep timing out

also I think if it was going to be ET related there would be someone other than just Astrobiologists at the conference considering the social impacts etc..... but you never know they could be just holding off on those people till it's on to avoid more speculation

edit on 1-12-2010 by Disclosure Agent because: updates from new article

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

lol, they should just show that mars attacks film, that would sum up nasa, and there attitude to telling us stuff.

"We come in Peace! We are your friends!!" ZZZAAAAPPP!!!!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d3ca62cd742.jpg[/atsimg]

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/12/1 by GradyPhilpott because: trimmed nested quote

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
In NASA's own words:

NASA NASA Tune into our press briefing on a new astrobiology discovery: Thursday, 2pm EST. Live on NASA TV & online. www.nasa.gov...

NASA's Twitter

That wording is definitely different than on it's press release. Here's hoping for the best!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Fingers crossed! Anyone have a link?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I thought this was happening tomorrow at 2pm EST? If I am wrong, please let me know because I don't want to miss it. I think it will either be about something found on one of Saturn's moon (possibly in relation to the atmosphere found on Rhea, or something to do with Titan) or about something found in that lake in California since the woman who will be at the press conference is the one who worked on that whole lake/arsenic thing. Or that they found another potentially habitable Earth-like planet.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
NASA's website says that one of the participants in tomorrows press conference is a member of the U.S. Geologic Survey. This has me convinced that they have found something here on Earth, as many here have stated, thay may indicate that life forms can survive in much harsher environments than previously thought. However, this may be just another step in the conditioning process.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Guys Honestly, I would just wait and see what they have to say. Lot's of speculation but they have the ultimate say on the finding. I know I got really excited, but now am a bit calmer. Its just the way the news guys put it they made me jump out of my seat in a rush.

But I guess we will have to wait and see what they say. And I am still a bit confused, because the news anchor said that the announcement would be tonight, but some people say it is tomorrow. And the news guy did not give a time or anything. So, I will have to keep searching and waiting.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This must be, literally the sixth thread that has appeared about this topic in the past few days
2nd

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
This must be, literally the sixth thread that has appeared about this topic in the past few days
2nd

ATS is like a nebula nursery for new born stars, only instead of stars being born, duplicated threads are born every day.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk... ook&at_xt=4cf6d15ddf822eba%2C0

This link from the telegraph says what it will be about apparently. Nothing too exciting.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Well pardon me.

The news story was on Fox news today, not yesterday or the day after. So I put the story on what I heard on Fox news today.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

No, this is becoming annoying to the n'th degree now!

How many MORE times do I have to post these links - FFS!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People, ATS has a Search Function - USE it!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too excited.
It's microbial life found in ice.
It has nothing to do with Greys,
Reptilians, Pleiadians, etc....
It's NOT the disclosure we
have been hoping for.

But who knows,
feed it and see if it grows into
an Alien.
lmao

edit on 12/1/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hello everyone, long time reader first time poster, and hard UFO sceptic.

anyway what drew my attention to this story is that it was mentioned in a local TV station here (Greece) during evening news and even more weirder was the fact that the typical MSM slimy newscasters literaly mentioned that it would be an "unsceduled" announcement, and they really look excited (I think i saw one waging his tale). I Speculate that whatever it is it wont just play out on just one episode (Tomorrow) but it'll drag on. Could it be a distraction for something else?

Oh, and heres the link:

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I wouldn't get too excited.
It's microbial life found in ice.
It has nothing to do with Greys,
Reptilians, Pleiadians, etc....
It's NOT the disclosure we
have been hoping for.

But who knows,
feed it and see if it grows into
an Alien.
lmao

edit on 12/1/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

LOL, Microbial Live sounds like Disclosure to me. If they really did find it, it would be a huge find. And I would appreciate that they finally shared something worthy with the paying public.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I was on the phone when the announcement came over the FOX news channel. Tried to listen but caught the last of the clips they were showing. I knew that if I wanted to find out more, I could count on our trusted forums!! lol

he news conference will be held at the NASA Headquarters in Washington and will be broadcast on NASA Television and on the agency’s website at www.nasa.gov.

Conference participants will include Mary Voytek, director of Astrobiology Program at NASA Headquarters, Felisa Wolfe-Simon a NASA astrobiology research fellow from U.S. Geological Survey, Pamela Conrad an astrobiologist from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, Steven Benner a distinguished fellow from Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution and James Elser a professor from Arizona State University.

NASA Announcement

And then there is non-enthusiasts that are putting their fare share in:

What is it, then? NASA’s press conference isn’t until 2pm EST tomorrow, so we won’t know for sure, but it seems to relate to the decidedly less sexy, though still intriguing, research done on organisms that use arsenic rather than phosphorus for energy.

NASA's Hyped up life announcement..

Though this finding is significant to our understanding of having actual proof of life elsewhere other than our planet.
Guess we will have to wait and see folk's. But interesting, none the less..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by harrytuttle

No, this is becoming annoying to the n'th degree now!

How many MORE times do I have to post these links - FFS!

People, ATS has a Search Function - USE it!

And who made you Chief Indian here? I can care less about your rants. If you don't want to talk about it and are tired of the topic, why don't you just scram! Poof, disappear. Nobody wants your negativity around here.

Boy I just about hate it when people just rant to get their little stars filled out. should I click on your little star so that you could feel better about yourself? I bet it will make it all better...

Pfft

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join