It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News!!! NASA To disclose About a Finding on Extraterrestrial Life. FO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
When I first heard this last night I thought Oh! We are finally getting disclosure at last! Now I am betting
they say they found astrobiological germs,bacteria, or small organisms on Saturn's moon Titan. Wow,
we all ready knew that would be comming it just makes sense. Its like when my brother in law finally married his girlfriend after they dated 11 years. No one cared anymore. It wasn't so special because it took so long. Le'ts face it, we all want to hear about the top secret UFO files for the USA, or an all out we found some creatures., or here is a creature who is visiting, etc....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm not too psyched...

This is most likely about the finding at Mono Lake in Yosemite National Park, on the finding of more arsenic microbial lifeforms.

The reason why this will be big is that arsenic is a deadly toxin. Yet, these microbes breathe this stuff in and are able to live. So, it could mean that if life does exist elsewhere, and the planet has large amounts of arsenic, it might be plausible for life to be there.

If this was BIG NEWS, why wait a full day? I mean, like "We discovered a radio signal that states there is intelligent life out there."

They specifically use the words "impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life." That automatically means they haven't found extraterrestrial life. They've just discovered something that will help it.

Thus, most likely, the finding on arsenic life.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
As usual that will be a new planet or something so far away we will be able to go there only in 3563.

And then they will say "Maybe, it's possible that life could be found bla bla"

My 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

OMG they said "extraterrestial", DISCLOSURE WILL COME!!!!!

No, serious, I'm really excited for the press conference, even it's nothing big, but still it's interesting.
At least they start talking about an "search for extraterrestial" again.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Good find! Maybe that "leak" is full of it. You're right though, this story was from two years ago, so if that IS what the PC is about, it sparks even more questions...like, "Why rehash this now?". Makes one wonder if the announcement was going to be something else, then changed.... Who knows. Guess we'll find out today anyhow.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Just saw an article about the NASA statement about extraterrestrial life. My answer is on page 3.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The conference is in about 45 min (2pm EST)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
dont want to puke on your parade guys, but its a microbiological life arsenic-eating bacteria, found on Mono Lake on EARTH !!!
not in space so, nothing really new

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

That's what I'm thinking. Interesting stuff anyhow ...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

Yes, most of us are well-aware that some have come out and said this is what it's about. However, the odd thing is, that "discovery" can be seen as far back as 2008, when there was already a published article about it, so until the official news embargo is over, we won't know "for sure" that this is all it's about.

No raining on the parade, not expecting much, and for all we know, it could be the bit about the arsenic bacteria...but we'll see soon enough.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yep, it was just on the Fox news.

Just some stuff about arsenic bacteria thats in a lake.

Boring.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
CNN Just reported it in a sensational manner.

They said they are expecting the BIG announcement from NASA about a finding on Extraterrestrial life.

Boy I hope it is something worthwhile.

I guess we will have to wait. Put your TVs on the news I am watching CNN

edit on 2-12-2010 by The Coward because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The elephant strained and gave birth to a mouse.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward
CNN Just reported it in a sensational manner.

They said they are expecting the BIG announcement from NASA about a finding on Extraterrestrial life.

Boy I hope it is something worthwhile.

I guess we will have to wait. Put your TVs on the news I am watching CNN

Probably "BIG" for casual people who didn't spend much time with the "E.T. life questions, but "believers" who spent much time with the question of E.T. life will not be impressed about a mikrobiologic bacteria, but I think it's important for science... and we find out moree in 10 minutes, but it's a big surprise if it's not about that bacteria found in the lake.

edit on 2-12-2010 by ZaphBot because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by ZaphBot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Believe me, this is amazing news... hopefully. Whats more amazing is there forcing classes in my school to watch this, actually its starting right now bahahaha

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here's the 2008 article, so hopefully, it ISN'T about this (arsenic bacteria)...

dsc.discovery.com...

Otherwise, why talk about it now, 2 years later???

Since the 1990s, scientists have discovered about 20 species of bizarre bacteria that "breathe" arsenic. They are typically found in environments where oxygen is scarce and have been forced to survive on whatever strange substance is easily available.
"Just like you and I inhale oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide, these bugs breathe in Arsenic +3 and breathe out Arsenic +5," said Ronald Oremland of the United States Geological Survey in Menlo Park, Calif.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

It doesn't work so far... but it could be that they're too late, however could anyone here post when the conference starts?
Otherwise I have to check out if there are troubles with my stream player.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
so let me get this straight...
They dredged out something they discovered over two years ago just to
a). commemorate the 50th year of the Astrobiology program, and...
b). to beg for more funding?

Really? This needed to be a press conference because...?

Fast loosing any and all respect for NASA these days.
They just seem more and more out of touch.

Haven't there been many other discoveries, dare I say some actually made NOT on this planet, that have led us to believe that life can and does live outside of Earth? This should be and would've been more exciting when it was discovered 2 years ago, which is when they should have had this press conference, but now...not so much.
edit on 12/2/2010 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It was 100% about the Arsenic Bacteria. And the lady looked a little cooky too. I am like?

What a load of crap.

This is just life adaptation not anything to do with Extraterrestrial life. Bull, Bull, and more Bull!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join