It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News!!! NASA To disclose About a Finding on Extraterrestrial Life. FO

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Doesnt get me too excited honestly. Its cool though but I think we are really waiting on intelligent life to be discovered or proven. I guess bacteria is a start though, right?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I think the problem with what you said is the fact that you are more concerned about her appearance than what she was saying. Do you really think she is trying to reach out to all the guys sitting in their boxers watching the broadcast? I doubt that is her key target area here. Just sayin.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The bottom line is that we keep finding life in places where our pre-defined "rules" say it shouldn't exist. I'll go ahead and make the prediction that we'll eventually find out the Universe is TEEMING with life, even right here in our own solar system. Just wait until we're able to explore the ocean of Europa! I hope that happens in my lifetime...

You do know what the message in Space Odyssea 2010 said. "ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE."

No, but seriously this is huge although this has been excepted for some time already. This just furthers evidence suggesting existence of extraterrestrial life. I wonder when we will actually find it? (Don't even get me started...about THAT...) I suggest this thread to be moved out from here as we can say this case is solved. Right?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
NASA is so damn lame!

Many, as well as me, feel that aliens are already here and walk amoungst us, I also agree.

This press conference is exactly what I thought it would be, lame!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909
Many, as well as me, feel that aliens are already here and walk amoungst us, I also agree.
The press conference was kind of boring.

Did you see the movie "They Live?" www.imdb.com...

A drifter discovers a pair of sunglasses that allow him to wake up to the fact that aliens have taken over the Earth.
The press conference would have been much more interesting if they said they were going to start issuing those special sunglasses so we could see who the aliens are.

Very creepy movie.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
let's hope they're just getting general public to the idea

smoothly...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward
Just thought I post it here. Minutes ago on Fox news Orlando, they just released a story that stated that NASA would disclose a new finding that was going to change humanity forever!!! FOX just said that it is rumored they found some sort of extraterrestrial life in space!!!!! ]

Someone who watches Fox News and actually takes it seriously?!?!

You need to watch this video documentary about Fox News.

video.google.com...#

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's Chuck Norris' long-lost twin brother from the cosmos.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well how long will it take for all you guys to stop getting excited about this kind of crap ... 90% of us new exactly what was going to be said before the announcement. Anyone who waited till the announcement just to be disappointed has the research skills of a rock ... maybe less ... seriously.
edit on 2/12/10 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Fuel for the fire.
Here's an even earlier article from 2008 that even mentions the development of arsenic based DNA.
goo.gl...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
they found life on earth , is this a joke ?

if anything its a waste of tax payers money .

open your eyes and look around,

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Its life based on arsenic!
This is a big deal, because what else could life be based on ?, kinda opens up a lot of doors:
Imagine a life form with gold in its DNA, or magnetite... Is it possible ?, don't know but there are definitely some extremely strange life forms in space that's for sure!

PS: I was disappointed too, wished they had found some evidence of buildings or structures on mars...that would be nice, maybe even a skull.
edit on 3-12-2010 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
its always the same and people don´t learn. BE SURE: when nasa makes a "stunning" announcement, be sure that it will not be what u hope it is.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
They disclosed something already disclosed about 8 months ago by Wonders of the Solar System, lame! Two pretty lame announcements from them recently, when all the info had already been out there many months before - no idea why they are trying to exclusively let us know these things when we've already known about them for a long while.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The bottom line is that we keep finding life in places where our pre-defined "rules" say it shouldn't exist. I'll go ahead and make the prediction that we'll eventually find out the Universe is TEEMING with life, even right here in our own solar system. Just wait until we're able to explore the ocean of Europa! I hope that happens in my lifetime...

Bang on the money with that post.Slowly but surely discoveries will come that suggest we do not know all there is to know and those that claim they know all there is to know and condemn those who disagree with them are the ones to avoid.Stepping stone realisations to a very big wake up call not just for science but life as we don't know it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
don´t u learn? ???

if they announce something big..in terms of above top secret its something unexciting..why u always have to go into the same circle..

nasa...is slow.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
NASA always takes very tiny baby steps.. So tiny that it often looks downright suspicious. To use a NASA analogy it's very easy to predict their next "small step for mankind.."

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
They say they have genetically engineered a microbe that can eat arsenic.

They twist it into assuming that if an organism can do that,there must be life on other planets with more harsh environments.

Absolute bull#.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join