It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News!!! NASA To disclose About a Finding on Extraterrestrial Life. FO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just thought I post it here. Minutes ago on Fox news Orlando, they just released a story that stated that NASA would disclose a new finding that was going to change humanity forever!!! FOX just said that it is rumored they found some sort of extraterrestrial life in space!!!!!

If anybody gets any info on this please, please let me in on it!! I will be glued to my TV tonight.

The ANOUNCEMENT WILL BE...

edit on 1-12-2010 by The Coward because: (because it may be tomorrow? Everyone got me confused now)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/12/1 by GradyPhilpott because: Removed all caps from portions of title

edit on 1-12-2010 by The Coward because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Do you have a link please.
2nd line.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
time?

2nd

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is something related to microbial life... Cool to scientists...interesting to others..but it aint intelligent space aliens!
edit on 1-12-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

Don't get too excited. They are going to announce that they found a form of bacteria that can survive in arsenic (and they found it here on Earth, in CA if I recall). However, this does open the door for life in places previously thought to be impossible, so this is still meaningful, but isn't what you were expecting.

EDIT to Add: The source, for those asking, is the NASA press release on their own website. However, though they asked for a media embargo on the story, both the Sun and the Daily Examiner leaked it. Now, they could be full of it, but I doubt it on this particular issues. But, they aren't known for their reliability. Still, this sounds like all that will be announced.

edit on 1-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Guys if anybody can tune in to Fox new Orlando, they just said it like seconds ago. The news guys are all excited!!! Please, I am so confused about where to go. I guess we have to go to NASA website or something.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You may have misheard or it could have been just another sensationalized promo to keep you tuned in to a news story that will appear later. Their site has the same article about tomorrows news conference that appears on foxnews.com

www.myfoxorlando.com...

link   
Here's a google news link.

"NASA will hold a news conference at 2 pm EST (1900 GMT) on Thursday, December 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life," it said on its website.

www.google.com...

Garzok has it right. They didn't find extraterrestrials...they found something that will impact the search. Yippee!!

edit on 1-12-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
They said str8 up possibility of Extraterrestrial LIFE, I hope that is what it is. Even if it is Microbial, I don't care. We can start from something. But it would suck if its what Gaz just said! But anyway, we will be waiting.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
To Watch the press conference you will need to go view it nasa.gov.

Just follow the link I provided and and select the media channel.

I am not sure at what time the TV schedule isn't loading for me right now

I will post the time after I research if I find it. If anyone else knows please let us know.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: grammar

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Don't get too excited. They are going to announce that they found a form of bacteria that can survive in arsenic (and they found it here on Earth, in CA if I recall).

I also heard that is going to be the content of the press conference. However, this is not new news. Here is an article from 2008 discussing this very find. Wonder why NASA, only now, feels the need to rehash this.

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
All I can say is we'll see!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
When? If it was something HUGE Obama would announce it. Anyone know were the President is this eve?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
May I be the first to say, I for one WELCOME our new extraterrestrial-arsenic-friendly-microbial Overlords!!!

edit on 1-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Could be this,
www.nasa.gov...
or this from Mars;
discovermagazine.com...
edit on 1-12-2010 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
May I be the first to say, I for one WELCOME our new extraterrestrial-arsenic-friendly-microbial Overlords!!!

edit on 1-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

lol, they should just show that mars attacks film, that would sum up nasa, and there attitude to telling us stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
have been trying to get onto the NASA.gov site for a few hours now and my browser keeps timing out..... so i'm guessing that a load of people are trying to get on there to sus out what is going to be announced

Has there been any updates on American TV as yet abou this ???

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

Tonight will still be the 1st.

You sure it said TONIGHT? Is this the same announcement as the 2nd.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/12/1 by GradyPhilpott because: see note above

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, i hope it is something big. But Gazrok just gave me reality check. I guess I will have to wait and see if anyting else pops up at the even.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by krashx6

Now I am not sure.
2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join