It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aging Ills Reversed in Mice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Oh my, just saw your nonsensical edit. I'll reply in specific when I get the chance.
edit on 29-11-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

My nonsense edit of course can be backed up by endless sources...I do hope you also can back up whatever your retort is by something more than just greenpeace ads and corporate and/or political nonsense about "feelings".

Game on.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It would be really nice to discuss the merits of the research wouldnt it ? Im just saying because as always, a thread that has potential as a decent ground for debate, is turning into an intellectual phallus waving match, and thats a damned shame!

ANYONE want to discuss the topic at all ?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

We research ways to make ourselves immortal, but, at the same time we can not get our act together and support all the people living on this world. This research will one day lead to an elitist class of desireables (for immortality). Very dangerous research from that perspective alone and who knows what the long term effects would be for the human race.

Alternatively if the this research leads to a reality it will have to come at a time when we plan to colonize other planets in order to maintain the balance.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial

We research ways to make ourselves immortal, but, at the same time we can not get our act together and support all the people living on this world. This research will one day lead to an elitist class of desireables (for immortality). Very dangerous research from that perspective alone and who knows what the long term effects would be for the human race.

Alternatively if the this research leads to a reality it will have to come at a time when we plan to colonize other planets in order to maintain the balance.

And that is exactly the main issue here. Bingo.

The only way I could see something like this work, would be if; 1: The drug is handled out VERY wisely, and not like chicken pellets to any sheeple that screams for it. It HAS to come with both a big responsibility aswell as proper education in the matter for each patient that wants to get treated with the drug, so that the patient realizes what it actually means.

And 2: A contract", an agreement for each patient taking the drug to only parent a select number of children. Or, if the drug makes the patient truly ageless, an agreement to only parent say this or that number of children each 500 years at a time, or similar.

Humanity must NOT spread to other planets only because they have overpopulated this poor World and overused its resurces, only to do it all over again on the next World. Just NO.
Either they stay and clean up the mess, or they take the consequenses and learn from it the hard way.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think making a heart beat faster since your younger I wonder what impact that has on old veins? I think IF they got to the point in humans, it's going to be a BIG problem and people would be dying from brain aneurisms like crazy. And or total zombie outbreak in the fashion industry lmao!
edit on 30-11-2010 by xweaponx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by SaturnFX

It would be really nice to discuss the merits of the research wouldnt it ? Im just saying because as always, a thread that has potential as a decent ground for debate, is turning into an intellectual phallus waving match, and thats a damned shame!

ANYONE want to discuss the topic at all ?

The topic is research that ultimately may lead to controlling ageing...how is discussions about impact of controlled ageing not part of the topic?

What is the topic then? mice?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Here are some leads on this topic, just throwing it up here to share with everyone.

Telomerase = en.wikipedia.org...
Good information on Telomeres and how they affect ageing learn.genetics.utah.edu...

FoxNews reports on Scientists tests on mice and how they prolonged their life and actually turned back the clock FoxNews report .

Epithalon = Epithalon product a product proven to cause more production of Telomarese which causes telomeres to be extended ( I do not know where to find it I have not had a chance to research yet )

I ran into an article and a discussion that stated that you can get a molecule Astragaloside from Astragalus that also produces Telomerase that extends and rebuilds Telomeres. Article www.naturalnews.com... and discussion www.imminst.org... .

If you want to order some Astragalus you can check out www.puritanspride.com since they usually have good prices.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Staben because: A couple of links did not work

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Is the mouse dead now? or is he really imortal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join