It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - Something seems wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If wikileaks is declared a terrorist organization like the government officials wants, this means that laws will be passed in the US to erode more freedom of speech and declare any INTERNET side that talks about government and their role with corruption, also a terrorist organization.

The reality of what is coming our way due to Wikileaks is just the beginning of what propaganda in the US about security and safety, to control internet access link to nothing but oppression.

We are to become one of the most speech oppressed nation in the world and people still doesn't get it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Of course it's a sham, I've only heard of it through the BBC and Daily Telegraph (oh...and of course here). Did people really think that some website was going to change the world just because it promised anonimity to whistle blowers?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yes, I too get that feeling that the info is, in fact, disinfo. When israel is shown to be in a good light, one has got to wonder.... It is like 'the tea party', basically, infiltrated and controlled, a giant sham. I don't hold my breath for any announcements they, or anyone, has set on a hook for us.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

I like your statement about the tea party infiltration, so true. I keep telling friends that Palin is not who they think she is and to back another pony in the race should she run. It's off topic so I will leave this one alone for now.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Some of you may already know I am a big "Wikileaks is possibly a CIA front" guy...

I normally am attacked for saying that....even when I display my evidence and reasoning...people LOVE to blindly worship whatever the TV tells them is "God".

I hope people see what I see now...the last leaks (and all prior) have done nothing....and mostly are made up of old news reported years ago openly.

It shocks me how many people actually trust, 100%, that some hacker guy can go country-to-country, living out of a backpack, wanted by interpol, the CIA, and other agencies, and NOT get caught or shut down.

But SO MANY people say-

"oh Mask, shut up! Wikileaks is the hero!"

Sorry...but this last leak did nothing but reinforce my original thoughts...and basically convince me I am right.

Enjoy Assange telling "you" what to believe...and enjoy his "propaganda" that seems clearly designed to cover criminal butts and bring us to war.

MM
edit on 29-11-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

You know after their last few tweets I made a thread about my doubts ( here ). You have been saying this all along, I'll give you that! I was/am really Wikileaks pro, but these last few Tweets of random content such as "Hilary is taking aggressive steps - By the way DONATE to us" has made me climb on a fence regarding the validity of Wikileaks and their intentions. They make over $200K a year, and will probably make more now, why would they need to advertise for more donations? Its like, "Hey, we released 250 odd cables - just a reminder that we want money for doing it".

It's not patriotic or in anyway honest. They are taking the FREE out of the "FREEdom of Speech". Real hackers and journalists are all about the story and exposing it, not making money from it. Yeh its good to be able to pay for servers and bandwidth usage etc, but $200 should cover that. Besides it is not as if Assange needs the money for plane tickets, the guy is grounded wherever he is.

I only recently became aware of John Young's link to Wikileaks via a user on Youtube yesterday. I was shocked, no wonder John is furious at them; and there was me thinking it was competition and ego wars!

I'm going to stay on the fence now, out of Wikileaks side, and out of the other side; I seriously just don't know and I'm being honest when I say that. I don't know, maybe because Julian seems to be a nice quiet guy who was a hacker and his background story is interesting and the angry reactions of TPTB are good to watch.

Maybe there is something going on in the back boiler?

Too many donation Tweets for me, money talk is not good; especially when the group is unknown. If they want people on their side they should stop asking for money because that is exactly what drew my attention to a possible sway in my opinion towards/against them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I feel as if a DC madame can go home to mom's house over the holidays and hang herself in the shed because she is so distraught over testifying against some of DC's lustful powerhouses, then perhaps Mr. Assange would have had a similar accident. Since he has not, I think it's at the very least, suspect.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I also got the eerie feeling myself that it was planted information one way or another.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There is something awfully fishy going on here. I won't go as far as to conjure up any accusations of whacky (quite possibly true) theories...but I will add that Ahmadimajad

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Whether or not Asange is a willing associate, or just a naive messenger this has all the stench of a managed leak to send frank signals to China and Iran which diplomacy would otherwise prevent USA from saying out loud.

Such cables are the subject of sophisticated encypherment. For anybody to download and copy such huge amounts of encyphered information simply is not credible.

It's only telling us what USA wants us to know and nothing so critical that it is of real harm.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Am I understanding this correctly? When the war documents were released, Wikileaks was the best thing since sliced bread and on the side of truth. Now that nothing earth shattering has been released so far they must be a dis-info agent for the government or a CIA or Mossad operation? You can't have it both ways people...either they're the real deal or they're not.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I agree wikileaks has lost it's muchness.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Alternatively...the conspiracy propaganda may have been persian influenced...this leak may end up making you realize and question what you thought was a truth, but come to find out, was just a middle eastern brainwashing that has been going on.

Your worldview means little overall...what is the absolute objective truth? I guess we may not truely know given it seems every side is attempting to wave the common person to act either against or for their government for their own agenda...

How bout we just play a nice game of monopoly

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
one last thing.
I am exceptionally amused at how sickened many around even ATS are about the leaks..they were dogged and breathless about how Wiki was the gods of truth...never even gave a second thought that the truth would be anything but completely anti-american, anti-israeli, pro-iranian...

then this comes out...nothing of great supply from what a general newswater knows in the west anyhow if they did a little bit of digging..and suddenly Wikileaks is no longer this bearer of truth in the darkness of western opporession, but rather...disinfo agents..cia post...etc etc

I would question Wikileaks...but its good to question all whom say they will show you the truth...be it wikileaks, the US, the UK, Iran, etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Anyone else feel that something is not right with Wikileaks?

I have a big gut feeling Wikileaks is not what is publicized

I believe Wikileaks is a operation that is propaganda and misinformation as well as a mousetrap.

I feel whoever is behind wikileaks already has the ability to easilly crack passwords for the encryption that wikileaks uses. They are spreading disinfo that it is not possible to find passwords for the encryption because they think everyone will use the encryption and they will see all the data behind the scenes.

Also any leaking entity, to seem legit, it would seem, would leak ALL DATA, in one big chunk, to hundreds of different area's of the net. When nobody would know where or who sent it.

And state secrets are state secrets. "A letter" to wikileaks seems kind of minimal as to an action that should actually be taken.

I feel reluctant to share these Ideas because I know there are a lot of Wikileaks fans out there and many people are proud of them. I almost feel Troll-like.

I just beg the people of the world to "trust nobody". And especially don't send sensitive secrets to Wikileaks for everyone's sake.

Got something to leak? Learn how to hide a file into a .jpg, and send your photo to thousands of people and websites. Or anything but to a commonly known site as wikileaks.

I apologize if I am ignorant on this matter, my thoughts tell me I should say these things.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Amen! It just seems all to dodgy and it dosent add up.
If this was not intended by the government, this guy and all his accomplices and his website would be wiped off the face of the earth.
Where do they get the files, the pentagon? random people who just "stumbled" across top secret documents?
Utter crap.
The elite dominates the media. If they did not want this to be shown to people you wouldnt hear anything about it. Its a trap to catch us free thinkers and place us back into the web of disinformation.
Alot of us are falling for it unfortunetly.
They place "documents" about 9/11, stuff we already know to gain our trust in wikileaks. Then they are going to put in all this bull about other countries and stuff they have said so there is an excuse for another war, just like 9/11.
Apparently there is files about USA officials bitching about Nelson Mandela, please, do they have anything better to do? There is no better way to incite rage among people by saying that this person bitched about that person. Please, are we in year 6 again?
Just old tactics so the people follow along with their BS.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I agree

I thought wikileaks was about the truth but really

its impossible to believe that there is nothing against israel on those papers

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Yes, I think it is disinfo. I saw an interview with Assange and he believes in the 9/11 OS and even stated that there were WMDs in Iraq and that bin laden was active - oy - not only is this disinfo but they are not even bothering to be the least bit sophisticated. Just playing to the masses and flipping the bird to the awake

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I Agree something is very wrong with this whole scenario.

I think about where they began, doing news and exposing what happened in Kenya, the Bilderberg meetings and such, then came the Afghan war diary. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he have a private meeting at the Pentagon regarding that supposed leak?

Does anyone really know what went on behind closed doors?

I personally think that's when our Mr. Assange sold out.

Now, all this will serve a higher purpose. look at some of the releases, like, North Korea selling arms to Iran, things of that nature. Can anyone not see what is being played?

Just take a look at what the MSM are printing and saying about these "leaks".
edit on 29-11-2010 by Conluceo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wikileaks is so obviously a disinfo operation that it isn't even funny. The cables so far, as stated by OP really aren't anything that wasn't already presumed or anything damning or important. Just a bunch of usual stuff that was given secret or confidential because of the people it talked about or people who sent etc.

Just wait, it will all blow over. People will talk about it, some other nations might be a little ticked, but it will all blow over. This is getting so much attention its obvious it was orchestrated by the TPTB. It got 10 minutes of coverage on a 30 minute evening newscast. Its simple. If the TPTB wants it to be covered up in the American media, its done. They control all major media outlets. They want this to be known, they want it to appear as damning and a huge risk for "National Security" Combine this with the newest law that allows ICE to seize domain names.....complete web censorship similar to China.

I believe the real reason for wikileaks is to tighten up the virtual space in america. We've already lost most of our freedoms when it comes to the physical realm. Taxed, controlled, forced into being sexually groped if they wish to travel. Many other things. Never has the "virtual" realm been a seen as a mainstream threat to national security. It has been subtly pushed through in the past, but has failed. This is the CIA/Mossad's blunt force option to controlling the virtual realm. It is meant to reach all the patriotic Americans and the ones who would support some form of web censorship to protect national security. The same nutjobs who allow themselves, their wives and daughters to be groped in a highly sexual and offensive manner for the sake of "National Security"

It is coming people, complete control into a police state. The web is still the "virtual west" and what comes with this is REAL info and REAL discussion (sites like ats) that the TPTB doesn't want us having the ability to access and discuss as an in the know group.

WELCOME TO 1984!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

So if Wikileaks damns the USA and its allies, yay for them. But if they happen to provide information that doesn't damn the USA, then they can't be trusted?

Are you after the truth or just confirmation of your belief that the western world is evil?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join