It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - Something seems wrong

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Some of you may already know I am a big "Wikileaks is possibly a CIA front" guy...

I normally am attacked for saying that....even when I display my evidence and reasoning...people LOVE to blindly worship whatever the TV tells them is "God".

"oh Mask, shut up! Wikileaks is the hero!"

Sorry...but this last leak did nothing but reinforce my original thoughts...and basically convince me I am right.

Enjoy Assange telling "you" what to believe...and enjoy his "propaganda" that seems clearly designed to cover criminal butts and bring us to war.

MM
edit on 29-11-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

I agree.

I too have been saying for a while that this whole thing clearly isnt what its made out to be.

Personally knowing close friends and family members who are ex military (spec ops), and who have met some of the highest ranking military and govt officials (aerospace engineer), they've taught me to not be so naive when it comes to the power of the US govt. My grandfather worked in classified projects his whole life. One of his best friends was caught selling secrets to Russia. You will never hear this or read this anywhere. My grandfather told me his friend was never arrested, never mentioned in the news, never even questioned on suspicions, he simply drank himself to death. Funny thing is, everyone was told he was an alcoholic, but my grandpa traveled with him and knew he never drank. EVER.

Are we to believe that free press still exists? Hardly, look at the BP gulf oil spill. Obama demanded everyone stop taking pictures and reporting on it, and literally overnight it just disappeared from the MSM.

Are we so naive to think anyone is truly safe? Anyone can be taken down, quietly. Our govt spend huge amounts of our tax dollars training people to be killers, and to be the best. Do you think for a second you would stand a chance if some Black Ops task force was given your dossier with every piece of info about you, your family, and friends, and told you were a national security risk and must be stopped.... You would be hit when you least expected it, you could simply "vanish" off the face of the earth, or my personal favorite, you would suddenly decide to "commit suicide."

Please people, lets get real. Nothing happens anymore that hasnt been calculated by someone. Especially when it comes to the MSM, and this Assange character has been EVERYWHERE on the MSM lately.
edit on 30-11-2010 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
I remember the NY Times refused to print any story on Climategate because the information was gathered illegally. Seems that they have no problem print the Wikileaks. Hmmm.

Media is in the business of trying to form public opinion.

It quit reporting the news decades ago.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It seems most of the juicy stuff was taken out of the leak. Only a few of the lies have been exposed, and they have no value to anybody. I think that the delay in releasing this data was so that several agencies could go over these cables to see if they valued anything in them.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wikileaks is not just about these 2 recent US leaks they have been leaking information from all around the world for the past 5 or so years.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When will people get it! The alphabet community constantly outs itself, its called controlled internal damage.
it will always lead you down the rabbits hole

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When will people get it! The alphabet community constantly outs itself, its called controlled internal damage.
it will always lead you down the rabbits hole

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by amurphy245
Wikileaks is not just about these 2 recent US leaks they have been leaking information from all around the world for the past 5 or so years.

True, but only the recent Iraq and Afghan war leaks, and the current cables leak have had such massive media build up, hype and incredible orchestration, so effective that only a person living in the wilderness in a cave would not be aware of it. For all we know leaflets about the leaks have also been dropped for cave dwellers and remote isolated tribes of the world as well.

Only when you look at the timing, the incredibly effective viral marketing campaigns, the intent and the implications will you see this for what it is.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A thought and a story just occurred to me. Bear with my story and you'll see my point.

It's all about human nature.

Many decades ago, I worked as a salesman for an electronics company. It was like a whole lifetime ago. I remember selling, or trying to sell, this guy a stereo system. As we were talking and wandering around the store, we ended up near the front entrance. (The store was located in a mall.) At one point, both of us, still talking, wandered outside the threshold of the store, when I noticed that his expression suddenly changed. He became much more secretive and started whispering to me, asking what I REALLY thought about this amplifier and that. A bulb came on in my mind and I quickly understood that this man, seeing me stand outside of the store, now viewed me as an 'outsider' from the company. Picking up on this, I started telling him what I REALLY thought about this piece of equipment versus that one, even though what I said was exactly the same as what I said INSIDE the store. But NOW, in this man's eyes, my words were believable.

Lesson: If you want people to believe information, regardless of its truthfulness or accuracy, give it to an outsider to disseminate. This gives the information perceived validity.

Why the continual feelings of 'something being wrong'? It might be your instinct telling you that, just maybe, this wasn't truly an outsider stealing and spreading out the information. Maybe, just maybe, this whole leakage fiasco is actually being orchestrated from the 'inside'.

I love instinct. I find it to be right so many more times than not.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Is it just me or does anyone else have the feeling that Wikileaks is a sham. Sure they are releasing the Embassy cables but they seem to advance the position of Israel and the United States. Some of the cables ARE somewhat embarrassing but nothing really damning. So what if in one cable an Ambassador calls the new British PM a "lightweight". Virtually everything leaked was really no surprise. Interresting that No leaked cables cast even the lightest dispersion on Israel. I find that strange given the very bad start Obama and Netanyahu got off to. Not even one cable critizing the Gaza war or the killing of the Gaza peace activists on the high seas. Nothing about Israel or the Palestinians intransiange concerning the peace process.

There is a cable stating Ben Laden is alive!!!! I doubt that! In any case I decided to do a little research. John Young, co founder of Wikileaks runs cryptome.org. He left Wikileaks shortly after it was founded saying it has become a CIA and Mossad operation. Because he says so certainly doesn't mean it is true but it does give me cause to wonder. China also has doubts as to the "Ownership" of Wikileaks. Anyone else feel that something is not right with Wikileaks?

Sir, re-read your OP....

What you are now doing is trying to frame information so that it will conform to your previously held beliefs. In order to "deny ignorance" you should probably open up to the possibility that maybe you're perspective on those issues is flawed?

I know it's much easier to stuff issues like Gaza into a box where the U.S. and Israel are the "bad guys" and Arab states are the "good guys"...

But what you're witnessing is that world politics are MUCH more complex than you can imagine.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

In order for you to be right, you have to assume that all your conspiracy theories are correct. There was always a chance they were wrong. To me, these leaks simply prove the world isn't that complicated. A bunch of old gray men want to kill Muslims. That's about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

you a clever one! I felt this is a desperate move, now all what wikileaks say its true. I felt that with this and other things they still trying to convence the world USA is still above all the others

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
WIKILEAK IS CIA ACTION. I will show you why this is happennig later, but i highly agree you see this. www.youtube.com... GEE, vid will not work, i wonder why. I will direct you to it
edit on 30-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wikileaks is a huge joke. I think everyone is beginning to realize that now. There are some issues that are actually important and history changing, like the UFO issue. All these boring leaks combined pale in comparison to something as important as this one issue. These leaks are really nothing that we didn't already know or suspect in the first place. A bunch of political bologna. I feel the whole thing is a sham, a front, some kind of operation designed to possibly eventually strip internet freedoms, a joke, a lie, you get the point.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Go you youtube and type this in. ( is wikileak a cia operation )

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wiki goes on because, the ELITE want the internet off line and a bill will get introduced for it's limits.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Can we just make this thread the official "wikileaks is bogus" Thread, instead of having multiple threads about it?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Say goodbye to your INTERNET.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
Wiki goes on because, the ELITE want the internet off line and a bill will get introduced for it's limits.

No way do the elite want the internet offline, they just want control over it.

If they took it offline, then people might once again start socializing face to face, where they (the government/elite) can't see what you are doing.

The internet is a way to control the masses, the problem is it has produced some side effects (this site) they don't like.
edit on 30-11-2010 by thewholepicture because: changed some wording to sound better

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Im not to sure about this.

If the TPTB wanted to take us to war, wouldnt they just do it? Its not like they have not done it that way for years without to much resistance.

All so, would there not be a risk that this stuff getting into the MSM could wake people up and cause more damage to the govts? But then maybe that is the plan, get people pissed of with TPTB so they can tighten control over us or maybe use wiki leaks as a scape goat to tighten internet laws.

But like I said im not sure about this.

Thanks

edit on 30-11-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am not much of an alex jones fan , but i believe this will happen. YOUR internet today will be killed and a new one will go in it's place. www.youtube.com... This is just the beginning of your INTERNET being more controlled by the powers at be, so that they can monitor you.
all my vids do not work, i guess they don't want the truth out yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join