It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - Something seems wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I’m giving Assange the benefit of the doubt at this point, hoping he’s taking on the role of a grandmaster, as he embarks on the opening moves of a multi-dimensional chess game.

If this is a genuine chess game with actual antagonists, it could be one of the most decisive in the history of humanity.

I’m praying that in the end, the winner will represent truth and the common man, not lies and the self-serving elite.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I think you written the truth of it. That is a sad thing to have to say.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
what

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I got the same feeling... The war on terror was motivated and justified with 911. The war on internet and freedom of speech will be motivated and justified with Wikileaks.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There must be a God, some people are actually seeing through the crap and catching the motives, the intentions and the sham.

Well done.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Conluceo

They are trying to get our minds off the fact they are about to tax the hell out of us.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is old news, ever since Assange (the scapegoat) became renowned for being the face of sexual abuse and government tyrany alarm bells have been ringing. For me it's a double edged sword though, either he is trying to release these 'classified' documents and world governments are baying for blood or TPTB are posting these documents and trying to discredit everything WL originally set out to achieve. I took the CIA disinfo stance the last time it came around and reading on the forums since of people trying to download and decode passworded docs from the site only makes me think of entrapment tbh. For all those people that had the nuts to try download and decode the 'insurance' docs etc. there's a beautiful new file with online conversations and all visited sites building up just for you. once they have enough evidence it's off to the 'concentration camps' for extreme torture induced signed confessions of sinking the titanic with the help of greenpeace!!!

Resistance is futile! try to get lost in the crowd, disappear into your 9-5, make your war contributions, pay over the odds for your essentials, you will be awarded bigger chains in time! remember your new name, you will need it to access habitat facilities and your monies, it's 087-341-696-723-882-597-01-36-k

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by gem_man

I think you written the truth of it. That is a sad thing to have to say.

It is sad, but there are hacker heroes, just not Wikileaks. And there will be more that are legit. Remember Climategate

Wikileaks is finished anyhow as Manning was hung out to dry. That patsy never stopped to think why his data transfer was so "childishly easy".

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
well I keep changing my mind
on this issue. I think my mind
has changed 5-6 times over the
past couple years.

Overall there seems to be
red flags going off in my gut.

But every once in a while
an array of hope wants it
all to be real.

But all in all I do appreciate
whomever is doing this,
cuz I do get to read classified
material which I would not get
to read otherwise

At least it makes me feel
important even if I'm only
a southern fried redneck

Maybe we all have just been part
of a huge experiment and we
are the rats. None the less,
through it all I have expressed
my feelings about my Patriotism
and my love for this country and
how I wish it was better.
And if that makes me a terrorist
to some ....

then I wear the badge with honor.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Though this round of leaks is really not that sensational, the absence of any criticism of Isreal could be explained as US envoys deliberately turning a blind eye to its operations because it is an ally. May be people should petition wikileaks asking it to leak something sensational relating to UFO/JFK/911 .
edit on 29-11-2010 by Timetraveller because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
They are leaking the documents slowly though, 278 cables, they have nearly 3 million.

What if Wikileaks were releasing the cables in a controlled fashion in order to do a more global impact on TPTB?

If TPTB read these 278 cables - This is a Problem
Then TPTB and Media go frantic - This is a Reaction
Then TPTB will fight amongst each other - This is a Solution

Why only do that once with 3,000,000 cables?

...when you can do it over and over again!

If this is the case and Julian keeps safe and secure, Wikileaks could be here to stay for a very long time. Infact they could do 9 Leaks. If they made a release each month, then we will be in this world of Wikileaks until September 2011.

I heard the next leak will bring the Bank System to its knees.
edit on 29/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
They are leaking the documents slowly though, 278 cables, they have nearly 3 million.

251,287?

251,287 documents, comprising 261,276,536 words (seven times the size of "The Iraq War Logs", the world's previously largest classified information release).

From wikleaks own site:

cablegate....__._/

The entire stash has been already released to several news media outlets...

www.cbsnews.com...

More than a quarter-million U.S. State Department documents obtained by the whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks were leaked to The New York Times and other international news organizations, in defiance of demands by the U.S. government to stop the release.

Maybe the slow release on their website is to get the public to read more of them, if so clever.
Or to get more donations coming in?

It is ALL out there nonetheless.

I heard the next leak will bring the Bank System to its knees.

More likely to bring about more federal regulation and control over the banking system, and ultimately push the system more toward a centralized status with the feds nearly in complete control... But we'll have to wait and see for sure.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: several errors and additions, because it's late and I'm stupid.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by the_denv

251,287?

Im referring to the latest release.

More likely to bring about more federal regulation and control over the banking system, and ultimately push the system more toward a centralized status with the feds nearly in complete control... But we'll have to wait and see for sure.

Im hoping that doesn't happen, it is possible but I try to look on the bright side of life

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Was thinking the same thing last night and was planning to open a thread about this.
If you see in the media it is all about wikileaks, the revealing comes on a strange point to be honest at the moment that the tensions between NK and SK is building up, it seems to me that is it a distraction again and if the governments did not want that Assange(wikileak) publish it why is he still alive?

Thanks OP for posting it

S&F

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...[editb y]edit on 30-11-2010 by Quasi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I agree - Something does seem a bit wrong

They said 2-3 Million people had access to this, that's almost 1% of the USA population,

www.google.com...

If that were true the documents would have been leaked long time ago as im sure someone would have sold the cables already. Also if this amount of people had access to it, I would not be surprised if every government around the world already had access to it... its just to many people with to much access to keep it a secret for any amount of time

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Most of the real truth is not even mentioned by MSM. They tend to ignore whenever the information is too embarrassing or too serious to the TPTB. The very fact that it was allowed to be released says a lot let alone some of them are repeated by MSM. Nothing that has been released sounds too embarrassing to anyone. Those are pretty much within the range of something you would expect people would talk about you behind. But then the ambassadors are not at the top echelon of the power structure, so you can not expect anything serious can come of their conversation. On top of that, in the leaked information, Iran is betrayed by their own Islamic countries which sounds like it may have been manufactured deliberately and sent to Wikileak.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I get a bad feeling with wikileaks and my feelings are usually spot on. I think it is a disinfo agent for sure!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Wikileaks kind of reminds me of gossip girl.

How this new information is supose to change the world?
edit on 30-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think that Wikileaks have a lot more 'leaks' that havnt been 'leaked'. The site suffered a DDOS attack shorrtly before it was due to release the strands so maybe... just maybe the Government did get involved more than is made obvious. The US governmenrt had already made big appologuise to several nations so if the leaks didnt reflect anything that they had appologised for it would be obvious there had been government intervention, i think the governmetn jsut allowed minor thigns to be released instead to cover up the truth.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Is it just me or does anyone else have the feeling that Wikileaks is a sham. Sure they are releasing the Embassy cables but they seem to advance the position of Israel and the United States. Some of the cables ARE somewhat embarrassing but nothing really damning. So what if in one cable an Ambassador calls the new British PM a "lightweight". Virtually everything leaked was really no surprise. Interresting that No leaked cables cast even the lightest dispersion on Israel. I find that strange given the very bad start Obama and Netanyahu got off to.

No I don't feel Wikileaks is a sham. Wikileaks is doing what the excessively overpaid bums in the mainstream media industry should have been doing.

Nothing about Israel or the Palestinians intransiange concerning the peace process.

I take it you have not reviewed Wikileaks diplomatic cables yourself and have only read the media reports on the leaks. You should've read all the cables only then you would find tidbits which the MSM is not reporting on front page such as:

Israel on Iran

¶16. (C) [...] Israelis hope that the others will solve the Iranian problem for them, or as Vice PM Shimon Peres has said, "I do not think that the matter of Iran needs to be turned into an Israeli problem -- it is a matter of concern for the whole world."

ISRAELI INTENTIONS REGARDING THE IRANIAN NUCLEAR PROGRAM

or Israel on Palestine

Netanyahu noted that he thought dropping the "right of return" was the acid test of Arab intentions and insisted that he would never allow a single Palestinian refugee to return to Israel.

CODEL ACKERMAN'S MEETING WITH OPPOSITION LEADER BINYAMIN NETANYAHU
etc.

There are many more such tidbits which media is not reporting. I will be making a thread shortly and sharing more of these.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join