It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - Something seems wrong

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else have the feeling that Wikileaks is a sham. Sure they are releasing the Embassy cables but they seem to advance the position of Israel and the United States. Some of the cables ARE somewhat embarrassing but nothing really damning. So what if in one cable an Ambassador calls the new British PM a "lightweight". Virtually everything leaked was really no surprise. Interresting that No leaked cables cast even the lightest dispersion on Israel. I find that strange given the very bad start Obama and Netanyahu got off to. Not even one cable critizing the Gaza war or the killing of the Gaza peace activists on the high seas. Nothing about Israel or the Palestinians intransiange concerning the peace process.

There is a cable stating Ben Laden is alive!!!! I doubt that! In any case I decided to do a little research. John Young, co founder of Wikileaks runs cryptome.org. He left Wikileaks shortly after it was founded saying it has become a CIA and Mossad operation. Because he says so certainly doesn't mean it is true but it does give me cause to wonder. China also has doubts as to the "Ownership" of Wikileaks. Anyone else feel that something is not right with Wikileaks?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I'm also starting to think that Wikileaks is a disinfo agent of the US government. Disseminate some truth and sprinkle them with lies. The US government can easily embargo the Wikileaks website but they don't do it.

The other purpose of Wikileaks is to give the US government some public support in suppressing the information flowing in the internet. They can always say that they have to regulate the internet because the internet is a threat to national security. I remember one Rockefeller who recommended that the internet should be abolished. Maybe this is the compromise solution being offered by the US government to their bosses.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
they throw pieces of info that they want us to know. As Turkey supports Iran and North Korea. As Saudi wants attack on Iran. They don't tell us the real top secrets, as Project Camelot already suggested. projectcamelotproductions.com... "Wikileaks Releases Cables - NY Times Article - Much ado about nothing?"

There is a problem for the US administration from that leak, but that could be managed as they already do. I don't see any resignations of ministers or heads of states so far, any fired ambassadors, any public protests. It was the piece of intelligent food to satisfy the conspiracy seeking people who think with their heads above the masses and can see somewhat the politicians can see: that the Iran war will happen before WW3. Do you notice how many leaks are there about Iran? China did the best: ordered the media not to talk about Wikileaks. Everyone knows the Chinese "hackers" periodically hack the Pentagon computers, even Gates' personal computer - the Chinese are proud how strong they are in computers, so why should Wikileaks tell them that? Why should Hilary apology? We live in a strange world.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Gliese581 because: grammar

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I was just about to post on this very subject,it does seem a bit too convenient that certain "leaked" info regarding the Saudi's request that the US strilke Iran should be made public now,is this the latest attempt by the US Government to provoke a reaction from Ahmedinejad (against the Saudis) in order to "legitimise" military action against Iran? So far Ahmedinejad is not taking the bait.though if as Iran suspects,the Israelis were responsible for the recent car bomb murders of Iranian nuclear physicists who knows,even here Iran is showing remarkable restraint,I feel that they know the games that the US are playing and won't be drawn in quite so easily.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I don't know if I agree, but, I will give you credit for making an excellent argument. you have given me food for thought, and I thank you for that.

it does seem, with the little that has been released, that there is no earth shattering, smoking gun???

what does seem strange though, is the rape and molestation charges lodged against julian, and today the only thing the MSM seemed to report on was if the US was going to file charges against wiki leaks for this release.

I mean, come on, nothing of real importance has been released, so, are they afraid of whats next, or, is your supposition correct and they are just attempting to make the leak seem more credible?????

good post, S&F for your effort.

edit on 29-11-2010 by ParkerCramer because: spelling

edit on 29-11-2010 by ParkerCramer because: spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Um.. but also with the U.S. in Israel's pocket and with the U.S. giving lots of money to these other countries calling for an attack on Iran. Isn't it also exactly what you would expect? It's really impossible to say.
I do think some of them are retarded. I wonder how Manning went about collecting them? Did he just grab stuff blindly or did he look at what he was taking? If he looked why the dumb stuff about Ghadafi getting botox? Why did WL release it (Though I do understand if they were just literally releasing everything, so it possibly makes sense).

There isn't much we can do except see how the world and U.S. reacts.

link   
I would like to state that only 243 documents out of 251,287 have been released, so that is only a fraction of what is to come.

Lets wait and see... You know what they say "Save the best till last"

link   
I was all for Wikileaks, and while no "history altering" info has yet been released, it is still early. The more I read what has been released though, I have to side with you on this. I now feel Wikileaks is nothing more than a US government disinfo campaign. Funny how Israel, one of the biggest terrorist organizations around IMHO, isn't shown in a bad light. This is a bunch of crap. Just glad that other countries like Iran and China can see right through this obvious fraud. There is nothing damning about any of these leaks so far. I have said worse stuff about my own grandmother. The US obviously takes it's citizens for nothing but a bunch of window licking retards. If our government has anything to be embarrassed about, it's this half-assed operation they call Wikileaks. What a joke.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm swayed to think the same thing. As far as I can tell, these 'damning documents' are not really all that surprising. Also the event recently (actually happened in April but was publicized a couple months ago) when 15% of our internet activity (including military and govt sites) was diverted through China ( Link here ). Any/All news and info spreads through the net like wildfire. The huge disadvantage 'they' have is that their activities and agendas are being broadcast in realtime, which is slowing their progress. We're waking up too fast and stemming their damage for them to control. Their remedy to gate this activity is the presidential initiative to shut down selected servers and backbones ( Link here ).

What 'they' would prefer is the 1984 scenario where we would be completely shut off from international events. Then they could rigel us Oceanians with how many tanks we made today, how many people died in the Asian enemy. It's a grand illusion they are pushing for, and they will smother us with wikileak hoaxes, internet security breeches, and so forth.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Good post, I was also thinking something fishy about this. The government has the ways and means to have stopped this release if they really wanted too but yet they didn't and why? I think because they wanted it to be released, "they" being Obama and company. Some of this is embarrassing yes but on the other hand it may also serve some purpose that has yet to be revealed. My 2 cents but who really knows anymore in this whacked out world, nothing makes sense anymore and each day it just keeps piling on.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Jeremiah Johnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I remember the NY Times refused to print any story on Climategate because the information was gathered illegally. Seems that they have no problem print the Wikileaks. Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Dont you have to wait till everything, or at first, a lot more, has been leaked to made the statement?
But, I agree, something seems to be wrong about it. It just feels awfully wrongly

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

Exactly! They could have shut this site down right now if they had wanted to. And I love the statement by Wikileaks that they are under attack--let's make it look like we (the government) are so concerned about this that we are trying to stop it--but any attack is useless because several media sources already have the info to be released. The same media that is controlled by our government. This is the biggest joke, I haven't laughed this hard since OJ tried to "escape" in a Bronco doing a whopping 35 mph on an LA freeway. I have pulled pranks in college that required more planning and effort than this.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Also if he is such a danger to national security, his name is slipping my mind at the moment, why is he still alive or not in custody? I'm not buying the fact that he cannot be found, and the whole rape charge against him? C'mon is that the best they can do?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

Well I believe that the government planned for the whole, "how come this guy hasn't been killed yet?" scenario. Supposedly there is something called "the insurance file". Not exactly sure what it consists of, but many have speculated that it is a file that he has threatened to release should he be killed, and that it has some of our governments most damning secrets.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So the government has a bill they want passed allowing them to shutdown sites whenever they want.

so how do you get this passed fast.

let's just say it's awfully convenient to have wikileak released a few days before the final vote, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It sure is a good thing that they (we) are on the case, taking out those Iranian nuclear scientists today.

Making the world a safer place!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Some of you may already know I am a big "Wikileaks is possibly a CIA front" guy...

I normally am attacked for saying that....even when I display my evidence and reasoning...people LOVE to blindly worship whatever the TV tells them is "God".

I hope people see what I see now...the last leaks (and all prior) have done nothing....and mostly are made up of old news reported years ago openly.

It shocks me how many people actually trust, 100%, that some hacker guy can go country-to-country, living out of a backpack, wanted by interpol, the CIA, and other agencies, and NOT get caught or shut down.

But SO MANY people say-

"oh Mask, shut up! Wikileaks is the hero!"

Sorry...but this last leak did nothing but reinforce my original thoughts...and basically convince me I am right.

Enjoy Assange telling "you" what to believe...and enjoy his "propaganda" that seems clearly designed to cover criminal butts and bring us to war.

MM
edit on 29-11-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
dam right it smells fishy!

i found this a while ago but it never really got off the ground.

see what you think- abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Im on the fence on this issue but it did seem strange that so far, most of the documents that did have any meat in them at all, seemed to support the agenda of the US and Israel.
The main issue that seemed to raise a flag with me is that the main and redundant focusing on Iran, a country that they "claim" wants nukes and very little focus on North Korea, a country that already has nukes and is constantly threatening the South and its allies.

This doesnt necessarily mean that wiki is an Israel or CIA front, it could also mean that Israel has the USA in its pocket, like so many have suspected all along.
Either way, it seems that we are being pushed into attacking Iran, even by the Saudis.
I have a feeling that Israel is getting impatient and will do the only thing that they know will get us into a war with Iran, attacking them.
When Iran retaliates against them, well rush to their aid, like a loyal dog defending its master.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join