It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - Something seems wrong

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I hope one of these days a site like this blows the doors off one of our favourite consipiracies and the world finally changes for the better.

I'm glad I live in the times where information is so easily accessible.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's funny how "popular opinion" and "group think" can affect people's views on certain issues. When Wikileaks released the video showing a 2007 US Apache helicopter strike in Baghdad that killed civilian reporters, most people were praising the website and Assange. Do people remember how damning the release of this video was for the US military?

A lot of people highlighting the fact that because Assange is alive and not in jail, he must be in bed with the bad guys. Do you same people feel this way about the creators of Loose Change? They have not been silenced and are not in jail, maybe we should dismiss their claims and classify their film as "disinformation".

What you know is not as important to TPTB as what you can prove. Believe it or not it is easier to discredit somebody by questioning their sanity and motivations than it is to have them killed.

------------

This attempted character assassination on Assange reminds me of that line from the Green Goblin in the Spider-man movie:
"Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you. Why bother?"

edit on 30/11/2010 by Dark Ghost because: added paragraph

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The front page story in the Toronto Star on Tuesday featured the head of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, known as "cease us" (CSIS) or "seize us" if you are particularly inebriated.

It seems that Wikileaks has outed its head. I don't know the guy's name and don't want to since it is against the law to name a CSIS agent publicly up here in the nation praying for a speed up to global warming. It seems he is a talky-toons chatterbox, who grouses about us Canadan dullards to his pals in Whitewash-ington.

Now, pursuant to the alleged agenda of the CIA and it's tool, Wikileaks, how am I to interpret these revelations of impure speech coming from uh . . . let's call him "Spooky Tooth"?

Was "Spooky Tooth" running off at the mouth about us in an unflattering vein to his fellow unmentionables because he genuinely thinks that Canadians are like all Seven Dwarfs, particularly Dopey, or was he he trying to give a false impression er . . .first impression to Americans that concealed the fact from them that we are wily, fierce, and formidible?

Are the Americans trying to get rid of Spooky Tooth because they would prefer to have a bigger blabbermouth heading up CSIS or was Spooky Tooth simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and fully satisfactory to the Americans in the drool department?

Spy stuff is so confusing.
edit on 1-12-2010 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If the Government didn't really want this information released, they would somehow just cover it up, discredit it, or flat out lie about it.

They've done it before, why aren't they doing it now?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

Maybe Julian Assange has discovered the propaganda ministry's antidote to the "big lie". Release hundreds of thousands of pages of truths. It's easy to paper over one truth, harder to paper over an avalanche.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This thing is beginning to stink. When the leaks were about the Afghanistan war, TPTB didn't get too excited. Now there is talk of treason being bantered about.

This morning on Drudge the question is should Hillary resign ? Obama has great fear and dislike of the Clintons. I'm beginning to think this is designed to destroy the US's standing in the world, and next the banks.Even John Bolton is not believing the authenticity of some documents. Phase 2 (or 3 or 4 ect.) of Obamas plan.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
As promised by me earlier in this thread here is my thread Wikileaks Cable Disclosure: What The Media Is Not Telling You. There are several points which the media is not reporting.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There's certainly something odd about this whole subject, especially the extensive coverage of it. It's likely that the US government doesn't care about these document releases (if so, the site would've been shutdown), and I wouldn't be surprised if they were somehow behind the leaks. Notice they've never touched the Godfather of top secret info, that being ufology, even though countries all over are releasing their UFO docs every week. This only adds more questions to wiki's legitimacy and further suspicion that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes. The question then becomes who is behind this, why would they want this released? It's a big chain of events, like it's leading up to something....Korea? Who knows.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
Personally, I think he is an information terrorist, and the CIA should assassinate him as soon as possible. I think his goal is to destroy the United States.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

I stopped reading this thread after that line.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

It's certainly a tactical play, and once the mass populace is all hanging on WL's words, they can write any old nonsense they like and people will still believe it.

People are becoming dissatisfied with the system they live in and maybe even losing faith in the MSM, but fortunately here comes Wikileaks to save the day.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I will reserve my final judgment on Wikileaks until I know what's in all those insurance files!

Until we really know for sure what's in those files, anything and everything is possible!

edit on 4-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I agree with you. Nothing "earth-shaking" or "history changing" about the info exposed by Wikileaks for us at ATS. The gossips among world leaders can be expected. We're all humans and we can't expect everyone to like one another 100%. And there's nothing new about Arab leaders urging US to attack Iran.

Much of what being exposed by Wikileaks had been discussed or raised by ATS members. I bet Wikileaks won't reveal 911 was an insider job or even Princess Diana was assassinated.

Wikileaks objective - to enforce world internet censorship

edit on 12 5 2010 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join