It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you hate the God of the Bible?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
sorry hang on let me correct that- scat you didnt say that mind altering drugs had been used-you said that they had inspired works of literature-sorry my mistake.

And also i forgot to mention the bible is not just a story book it is stories with morals and meanings- if you see where im coming from!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
because people fear him ....... They don't want to believe because it's too much work for them to be good people, this is satans earth and many temptations face us everyday, many people crave sinful things and thus go after them.
It's apparantly better to follow in those foot steps then it is to lead a genuine caring giving life which is god's way...

god is good, he only wants you to fear him so that you keep being kind, caring, giving of yourself, ect... 10 commandments are there for you to study, they aren't hard to follow.. and you'll find it's self fulfilling to give of yourself and help people and be kind to people...

I'm not so sure why thats so hard, or why that is a reason to hate god, but unless your on the devil's side then I can understand why they would hate.

It's not a really difficult ideology to grasp, and it's really not difficult at all to follow..... Since he created us he can take our life at any given moment, but he's not like that, everybody has a path to follow and sooner or later they will make their peace with god and wise up...

I don't think thats my best explanation but i'm just writing as things come to my head so I guess that will do for now, off I go to read other posts. Have a nice day!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by misspickle
sorry hang on let me correct that- scat you didnt say that mind altering drugs had been used-you said that they had inspired works of literature-sorry my mistake.

Well, I never said they didnt! I mean...remember the burning bush? THink about that phrase...burning bush....sounds like solmebodys been lighting up!

Hahhaha! I meant no offense to anyone, just attempting to lighten the mood.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
lol and you did scat- Religion can be a serious subject.

Yes i have heard of the burning bush and you have a very good point my friend

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

remember the burning bush

i read somewhere that there is a plant/bush in that area that blooms a very
bright vivid red, and was called by some locals the burning bush because that is what it looked like in bloom.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

remember the burning bush

i read somewhere that there is a plant/bush in that area that blooms a very
bright vivid red, and was called by some locals the burning bush because that is what it looked like in bloom.

Or it could have been the Thorn Apple tree.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Translated from the Hebrew, it was a bush that physically burnt something which came into contact with it. Not a bush that looked like it was burning.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
Hahahhahahha! well thanks. you know what else would make an awesome t shirt?

Save the Tuna
Eat a Dolphin!

(I actually saw that shirt on a website, wanted it but dont have a credit card, so i came home and made it out of a print out t shirt transfer ahahhahahha!)

one more thing i wanted to add- someone a few posts back said something about how answering every question is the reasonpeople get fed up with the christian diety, with converting people and all.

i must agree! ive had far too many horrible memories of losing good friends because theyve tried to convert me. my big deal is, when they start giving you the cookie cutter answers from bible passages, hit them with some good old,"NO! I asked what YOU believe, not what Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John think!"

I talk about this in my own thread I posted a couple of nights ago..."I tried to link this but.." I think people need to learn how to approach the subject of spirituality and religion in a much more approachable and less cookie cutter, or as I refer to it, a "recyclo-can" plethora of proselytyzed jargon and propaganda. It is when people start to explain their beliefs openly, without quotes and pretenses, and start giving their own, more personal spin, that show they have real feelings and experiences attached to it, that give their
answers solidity and credence. As you said, bible passages, that have been quoted from grade school, and spoon-fed, leave one to wonder, whether or not, they have their own personal thoughts, or if they are repeating jargon. I believe personally, in open-mindedness, tempered with examination. I believe in a cautious approach to listening and examining others' explanations of what they believe. I don't believe in judgement. I do believe in self-responsibility, self-motivation, and common sense. I do believe that consequences, good or bad are a direct result of our actions. I definitely feel, that whatever greater Power(s) that be in our Universe, know and understand us better than ourselves, and have the foresight and knowledge to help us as humans. WE all have much to learn. I think group dynamics, especially in discussions is something we should all learn more about. Anywho, just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
God left eternity and heaven and His glory to show us the truth of the Bible.
It was that important to Him.

Christians realize the importance of what is in it. We can't make anyone choose to become a christian or choose for them. Each individual must decide on there own.

Granted we at times can force our point too much. But it can also feel like it's being forced because it causes the unsaved to hear something that says you can't live your life anyway you want and think everything will be OK. There is Someone we have to be accountable to.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's easy to hate organized religion. Look at what many, many followers of organized religion do to other human beings in the name of their 'god' (or allah, or whatever)

It's easy to hate the God of the bible. (I'll toss in the Qu'ran as well). He comes across rather petty and grumpy and not at all caring.

But the real GOD ... I don't know how many people on this planet really know Him.
I don't know how you can hate someone you don't know. ???

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join