It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

Yes? Many nations would defend that with their lives. But not every nation owns most of the us debt and can use that to say what goes on in that region. If you haven't noticed, most of the nations the US has a presence in sends most of their oil to Asia and China. In exchange, the US can do what it wants there to a certain limit. China doesn't care about that side of the country because if the US ever did anything, they'd go broke.

This is not the 1800s. The times of Empire with little toy soldiers are gone. This is the business era. And China has enough wealth and control to not need to worry. If the us does it's drills, China doesn't care. Because China gets what it wants, and the US can keep its toy soldiers there training.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm probably being naive here, but i cannot understand for the life of me, (perhaps someone can explain) why the West doesn't simply assassinate Kim and his corrupt cronies?

Why hasn't this been done already...years ago?

Simply insert SK agents into key positions within Kim's regime, and take most of them out in a coordinated 'hit'.

The CIA can run interference, and propagandize and support the moderate opposition prior to the hit.

I don't understand the need for a bloodbath of epic proportions when a series of surgical assassinations would work wonders.

How about using haarp to flood the place or cause massive earthquakes...that should slow down NK aggression somewhat.

Why is kimmy and his gang still breathing, and threatening millions of people?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Denied by the very government whose exercises with their weapons of mass destruction that you are supporting. Regardless even if China owned up to it (I don't doubt for a minute that it was them), it was one solitary missile, not a carrier group, not full scale exercises. And besides the missile was in response to the other recent US military exercises in Chinese regional waters.

The hypocrisy is simply stunning and is the main reason that peaceful law abiding citizens of the world get radicalized against the US.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Only if you desire to be radicalized. You do realize that at any time you could just pull off another Gandhi move and get rid of anybody you want. Violence is the most primitive least thought out method of rebellion. That's why 99% of them fail.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You are underestimating the difficulty in penetrating a paranoid military state where torture is normal. Even if you do kill him what do you think the army would do? I expect most NK contingency planning has 'attack SK' somewhere in the play book.

People react badly when you kill their god. A thing being preposterous is no barrier to people being willing to kill and die for it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

For one thing that would be illegal. It would be about as illegal as a NK intelligence service squad going in and assassinating the US President and all his corrupt cronies. The difference here of course would be that the world would be a much much much safer place without a US Government in it. Whereas assassinating the Koreans would only really have the affect of destabilising the region and reducing the spread of sexually transmitted diseases in Pyongyang.

Unfortunately most of the aggression is coming from our side.

Why can't NK have nuclear weapons to protect itself against US aggression? The world is at much greater risk of America using nuclear weapons than NK. America is the only nation in history to use such a weapon in anger.

As has been said many times before. The only safe scenarios are either no one has nuclear weapons or everybody has them.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Let's Review the actions from this week:

China's little step kid North Korea goes on a rant and hurles a few missles at some tiny island and CHINA SAYS NOTHING!

The US & South Korea announce Naval War Games in the Yellow Sea and CHINA SQUELS ABOUT AGGRESION AND SENDS WARNINGS!

The US & South Korea ignore China & North Korea and go forward with War Games and CHINA CONTINUES TO MAKE RUMBLINGS!

US Carrier Task force enters the Yellow Sea and begins operations and CHINA "BLINKS" & OFFERS EMERGENCY 6 PARTY TALKS!

China calls for Emergency 6 Party Talks!

China eating crow . . . PRICELESS!

edit on 11/28/10 by mel1962 because: Added News Link

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Because they've put a lot into selling us Kimmy as a evil little dictator. Why kill off such an excellent pawn... just yet?

reply to post by wavemaker

Shahaha! The Galactics eh?
...sorry.

Hmm, so you saw with your eyes that there was no explosion from said ICBM?

At least we're on the same page, in believing it to be a Chinese missile. We're ahead of 99% of the rest of us in knowing the truth.

I concur, no carrier group, no exercises, etc. But don't ya think that this missile was hella more provocative than any military exercise could be?

The recent incident of Chinese sub popping up in the middle of one of our military exercises, and now this apparent show of force with the wayward missile: weighs on me as being pretty damn intimidating, and downright frightening to know that our defenses mean funk-all to them.

Good day ATS!

edit on 28-11-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This whole China, N. Korea, S.Korea thing has something to do with the wiki leaks, just a hunch but we might be looking at a china gate of possible Korea gate from Clinton era.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Oh, i realise there would be more to it than walking into his palace and shooting him in the head.

There are assassination methods than are fast acting, leave no trace and appear exactly like a heart attack or embolism.

If there is no victim, there is no perp. No perp, no one to target and exact revenge upon.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I do think a war will happen and that China is really behind it, with Kim as the stupid and dangerous puppet. Here's why.
From a sociological standpoint China should have been at war several years ago. Historically whenever a nation has a male/female imbalance (ie female shortage) a country will go to war. This is a collectively unconscious act on the part of the nation that goes to war. I think it will happen, I think China has goaded the North Koreans or will use this as an excuse to cull the excess of males in their prime reproductive years. If they don't cull the males then the imbalance can cause extreme social problems - which has already begun in China. This is a communist government (ie they don't care about the individual just the collective and what is best for the collective), they know there is a problem. What better way to "eliminate" a large portion of males in their prime to restore balance than to go to war? China is bound to go to war within a few years to cull the excess of males, rather on a conscious or unconscious level. I think the communist government is smart enough to know however that they need to reduce the number of males for the sake of their society, but they also know that they need do it in a way that "the people" don't realize that is the true reason for the war.
I have thought for quite a few years that China was overdue to go to war, at least they aren't going to do it on our soil. Let it be in their back yard.
As to if we should assist South Korea, I have been there as part of the US military. The south Koreans were constantly protesting our presence and wanted us to leave. It was not unusual for me to be given the equivalent of the "finger" because I was a blonde american. However, some of the S. Koreans were really nice and I consider them friends. But if large numbers didn't want the US soldiers there before this, should we really get involved when we are involved in 2 other wars currently,and yes I mean Iraq (the hidden war), and Afgan. (the behind the scenes war). I think we should stay out of it, but Obama will be pressured into getting involved regardless because he will be told that it will fix the economy, a bogus idea since the two wars we are in now haven't fixed the economy. But again Obama has strong communist leanings and will do what he thinks is best for the collective and ignore the individual deaths and heartbreaks a war causes, just as he is now. We need to become isolationist NOW or we will be involved in WWIII

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Spook, this is not a live fire exercise, let alone in Chinese nor North Korean waters. China and North Korea have made it clear where the boundaries are, the US has not and will not cross those boundaries. Why would you however advocate that they do this in US waters? That's so strange, I do not know if it is frustration with other posters opinions or if your just a commy yourself. lol

Furthermore, several countries conduct exercises in and over international waters, there is a very large difference in doing this in your water, in the enemies water, allied water and in international water. However, you will find that nations do not normally cross certain lines, and South Korea is well within their right to have those drills where they are; just like North Korea is free to have their drills in their waters if they choose you see.

By the way, I don't know if it was China that launched that missile, but if it was, they better hope our boys dont find them out that way again, because you will get to read about those "exercises" and then your going to want to eat those words.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Because they've put a lot into selling us Kimmy as a evil little dictator. Why kill off such an excellent pawn... just yet?

This is more along the lines i was thinking, thanks for that.

It's economically strategic to leave the nut and his sycophants in place, to justify arming the US military and keeping a presence in the region and selling arms SK.

It's a dangerous game to risk the safety of the world, for corporate financial gain.

To spookfish:

As for the illegality or otherwise of state sponsored assassination, this is the *real* world. Governments the world over, through time immemorial have conducted covert assassinations when it suited them.

The war in Iraq was illegal and led to upwards of a million deaths.

I say, if there is going to be illegality, i'd rather it was done in working to *prevent* the deaths of millions of people, rather than being the cause of it.

Murder is against every moral fibre of my being..i don't even kill insects if i can avoid it, but even i can see the rationale and justification of murdering a few insane and corrupt tyrants to save millions that potentially will die if they are allowed to live.

The needs and right to life of millions (possibly more if it escalates) greatly outweighs any moral imperative over assassination.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Me thinks this will fizzel out,
It will end with Lil Kim in a tantrum
because the Chinese said knock it off.

The PTBT will not allow this to move forward
as they are more interested in a continued currency flow.

Yes war generates income, however a united government(NWO)
will far more productive fiscally.
Kim knows he would have his A$$ handed to him if this got outta hand.

edit on 28-11-2010 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Wouldn't a easier and cheaper method of reducing the male population in China, be to restrict male births?

Surely, it's a better option than mass slaughter and financial catastrophe?

I'm not talking about forced abortions of male fetuses either, more a kind of selective insemination programme.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Ya know I'd hoped for difference, but noooooo.
Look at the freaking responses here!

They reek of refuse! These opinions that 'talking' lacks 'sack' and is 'backing down' or 'loosing face'.
Talk about a bunch a war mongering blood hungry morons.

Gawd I really pity people at times.

Until people can turn their mind set around in the right direction - AWAY from war and TOWARDS trying to work things out - the world will never find peace.

China - no - I may not agree with them, but at least there not jumping up and down wetting their panties in anticipation of finally getting the chance to push the big red button!

edit on 28-11-2010 by silo13 because: peace

Oh get a grip. What was needed here was for China to assert some authority - one way or another. Instead they call for something that SK already told them won't work and that they know the USA won't go for either. Nobody is talking about "pushing the button" - they just needed to get on top of this situation NOW before it gets out of control. The time for "six party talks" seems to have passed - NK grows ever more isolated and and unpredictable and the south seems to have had enough.....and now the US has parked a carrier right in the middle of it all. What China needed to do was verbally bang some heads together and SAY they won't stand for it. Their stance is weak, and actually makes an all-out war much more likely now. They've done nothing to defuse this situation.

But still, if blindly taking the moral "high ground" makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, knock yourself out

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

The Chinese government said Sunday it will make an "urgent" announcement later in the day amid rising military tensions surrounding the Korean Peninsula.

China's foreign ministry said it will hold a press conference at 4 p.m. for both domestic and foreign reporters based in Beijing, adding that it will not accept any questions during the conference.
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's going to be aliens.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that without a US government the world would be a sh*t hole. Not to mention the continued competition between China and America is the only thing driving technology these days.

But really, you call me ignorant. Take a good long thunker before you state that the world would be a better place without America. Sure no one is perfect, but in the sea of sh*t, America is a more pleasant turd.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Read my question again...that wasn't what I was asking..I was saying all I see is a North Korean source which in my mind is questionable...I would like a Chineses source.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
I do think a war will happen and that China is really behind it, with Kim as the stupid and dangerous puppet. Here's why.
From a sociological standpoint China should have been at war several years ago. Historically whenever a nation has a male/female imbalance (ie female shortage) a country will go to war. This is a collectively unconscious act on the part of the nation that goes to war. I think it will happen, I think China has goaded the North Koreans or will use this as an excuse to cull the excess of males in their prime reproductive years. If they don't cull the males then the imbalance can cause extreme social problems - which has already begun in China. This is a communist government (ie they don't care about the individual just the collective and what is best for the collective), they know there is a problem. What better way to "eliminate" a large portion of males in their prime to restore balance than to go to war? China is bound to go to war within a few years to cull the excess of males, rather on a conscious or unconscious level. I think the communist government is smart enough to know however that they need to reduce the number of males for the sake of their society, but they also know that they need do it in a way that "the people" don't realize that is the true reason for the war.
I have thought for quite a few years that China was overdue to go to war, at least they aren't going to do it on our soil. Let it be in their back yard.
As to if we should assist South Korea, I have been there as part of the US military. The south Koreans were constantly protesting our presence and wanted us to leave. It was not unusual for me to be given the equivalent of the "finger" because I was a blonde american. However, some of the S. Koreans were really nice and I consider them friends. But if large numbers didn't want the US soldiers there before this, should we really get involved when we are involved in 2 other wars currently,and yes I mean Iraq (the hidden war), and Afgan. (the behind the scenes war). I think we should stay out of it, but Obama will be pressured into getting involved regardless because he will be told that it will fix the economy, a bogus idea since the two wars we are in now haven't fixed the economy. But again Obama has strong communist leanings and will do what he thinks is best for the collective and ignore the individual deaths and heartbreaks a war causes, just as he is now. We need to become isolationist NOW or we will be involved in WWIII

This is a very interesting theory. Do you think that most of what happens in history, the actions of humans, are guided on a subconscious level by basic needs for survival of the species? I believe that the conscious justifies it's needs or actions by the true needs of the subconscious.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join