It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Well america is turning into quite a dictatorship to me. The government shutting down websites indiscriminately, forming censorship. Proposing a new law for them to regulate what we eat. They shove us GM foods without labeling it. We are losing lots of freedom and liberties but everyone is #ing distracted by everything.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

Unfortunately most of the aggression is coming from our side.

North Korea dropped BOMBS on South Korea, and a few months ago SANK one of their ships........

You want to explain to me how most of the aggression is coming from our side?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Castaway

You said it brother, the real Americans think a lot of what this country does is ridiculous! Have pride in your country but don't let that pride blind you, many think we're brainwashed here that definently isn't the case!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Castaway

You said it brother, the real Americans think a lot of what this country does is ridiculous! Have pride in your country but don't let that pride blind you, many think we're brainwashed here that definently isn't the case!

Amen bro..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

You are pure sheeple if you believe that B.S. Just like Bush when he said Al Qeada was envious of Americans freedoms.
The world does NOT envy the US, they're sick of US meddling in their business.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezzedeen

Yes we need to keep our nose out of foreign affairs and worry about WE THE PEOPLE...
Well said

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezzedeen

You are pure sheeple if you believe that B.S. Just like Bush when he said Al Qeada was envious of Americans freedoms.
\

Well then I guess the US should just pull back all that foreign aid ,and medical treatment abroad since we are number one in the world when it comes to foreign aid and helping other countries when disasters hit.

I mean might as well, wonder how many multitudes more would have died of famine or plagues if the US had just said "You know what, we help and everyone complains and is at our throat, no more, deal with it yourselves"

Its funny how soon the world forgets how much the US actually DOES for other countries......

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
North Korea dropped BOMBS on South Korea, and a few months ago SANK one of their ships........

wrong on both counts

South Korea's artillery went off course
due to US Command giving errant
coordinates to battery.

The US sank the Cheonan as a false flag op
to keep US Marines on Okinawa.

who created this mess????

The US did, they pulled a false flag
over on South Korea just like they did
Americans on 9/11. Same players,
just different bad guys incriminated.
This time it's not a man in a cave,
It's mad man with nukes.

The reason why the SK Chenoen sank
was not due to a normal torpedo.
There was no hole in the side of the SK
ship yet it ripped apart. This is due to a
new torpedo that may have come from a Virginia Class US
Submarine. This type torpedo does not
hit the side of the ship but rather detonates
directly underneath the ship to rip it open.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2fc061f40a7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f62e7996b5b4.jpg[/atsimg]

this type torpedo was shown in the National Geographic
Documentary on the Virginia Class Submarine in
the youtube clip below at the 5:45 mark

To my knowledge, North Korea does not
have this type torpedo in it's arsenal which
means that it was either a US torpedo
or one of it's allies. But it was still blamed
on North Korea.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b5d6aef560d.jpg[/atsimg]

The above image shows the Cheonan was hit from directly underneath.

When there are no more boogie men
in the world

one has to be created to stroke
the US Military Industrial Complex

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

No sir, you are the "sheeple". Why? Because you are so blinded by your hatred for the United States that everything the United States does seems terrible and is only done to make your life worse. The reality is that yes, the United States and her politicians act in their own self interest the majority of the time, but sometimes the United States needs to step in and needs to take care of tyrants who believe they can bully people around.

If you stand up to a bully, does that make you a bully? Surely not. Now the United States is no principal, and sure this seems like a trivial example, but I believe it holds truth. This is no middle east we're dealing with here. The United States is going to stand with South Korea because North Korea clearly has no interest in trying to be civil and treating it's people right.

Again I would like to stress that materialism and the western way of comfortable, bloated lives is not freedom, but true freedom is the ability to chose what sort of life you want to live and pursue it to the best of your ability, whether you want to be a rich ceo, a poor missionary, or anything in between. That is freedom. And my friends, that is something North Koreans don't have but are entitled to.

Like I said, Amercica does some things wrong, but this pre-disposition many members on ATS have that America does EVERYTHING wrong is the real ignorance.

People are slaves to their anger. That's what makes them your so called "sheeple".

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

No I'm pretty sure that a nuclear reactor in a missile doesn't make a nuclear bomb. I'm pretty sure you have to vastly change it. Now yes the technology exists to do the 'ol switcharoo. But to be honest, you're talking about technology from the 1950s. Do you really feel it is possible that you can hold that technology secret forever? Do you even think it is fair? Now they could have not have turned it into missiles, used it for power, and went on their dandy way as most of Europe, Asia, and South America do. And you can't say they need to defend themselves because for all intensive purposes N Korea has no natural worth that S Korea doesn't already have. Historically, Japan just walked over them to get to the real resources of China. And you can't say we want to do the same because We could just do that with Taiwan, japan, or any number of small nations there. There really is no reason why N Korea should be a threat other than the fact N Korea wants to be a threat. It's nothing more and nothing less than a dick swinging contest.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Sure I will explain it to you.
1) Google the island and you will see that it is right on the shore of NORTH Korea and clearly NORTH of the border. That's why it is "disputed". Media reports say NK bombed SK but that is misleading because the island is not SK, it's disputed.
2) The US and SK want to have war games there. Would the US let China and Cuba have war games in the Gulf of Mexico? Hell no, they would call that provocation wouldn't they. Well same thing here. If the US and SK want to "play" war let them do it away from NK and China, someplace that is clearly not someones back yard, or front porch.
3) The ship that was sunk was in this disputed area and not open sea. It too was a provocation and had been told to leave and refused.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Ezzedeen because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2010 by Ezzedeen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

I know one thing, The US has killed more people, women. children included, in fact the majority, then Saddam ever did.Or are your eyes blinded "by the rockets red glare the bombs bursting in air" cause your flag is there?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You can't actually attack a nation with nukes however. So While there may be mischief backdrops, invasion cannot be the reason.

Plus I still seriously doubt invasion was desired for Iran overwhelmingly. Sure some pop shot generals may have wanted it, but I doubt there was ever a majority. There are always war hawks in any government, that doesn't mean they get their way, even if they are the loudest. In addition, If ever there was a reason to start a war with credible cause it would be now. There has been no war. If there isn't one over this, there simply won't be one in Obama's time.

I am beginning to doubt more and more that war will ever happen at any large scale interval within the next generation. There simply is no profit in it. if there is a war, it is likely to be a long land war without nukes. And yes, I am going to state that thus far this century has been an absolute clone of the 1900s, from the crisis of 1907/2007, to the entanglement of alliances, even to government policy (Teddy Roosevelt's 1907 strategy, and The current one. And absolute clone. But exactly how far, IE, WW1, I do not know. However, if the times continue to repeat, the most of a war you will have is this:

I don't mean to sound like some dude saying history repeats, but thus far the last 10 years have followed the same events and patterns as the first 10 years of the 1900s.

It's what happens when "civilized" people get in control of governments. They think that because they won't use nukes and massive destruction weapons that wars will be smaller, but they inevitably grow into slaughter houses.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

This is exactly what I said... How do you know that what you're saying is the absolute truth in which you're implying? Did you ever think that the sub was lower than the vessel and the torpedo was traveling up at an angle (which looks exactly what happens from the picture you posted) and hit the vessel on it's bottom-side? You're theories are just as farfetched as you claim MSM news is. That picture is from a SK source right? But since it fits your agenda you'll take it, unlike what is going on now.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Did I miss the anoucment ?
Or should OP change the title to "China is "going to" instead of "makes"

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ezzedeen

And let me explain it to you , since you apparently know nothing of military presence or military joint training missions, which I do because ive been a part of many...

1. There are vessels all AROUND the US all the time that we know about from other countries, and we dont sink them. So this "well what if china and russia were doing wargames " theory doesnt cut it.

2. The US and SK have done joint training missions in the area and international waters for DECADES and its never been a problem.

3. Its NOT disputed that they bombed an island in South Korea, as it was full of South Korean military personnel, not North Korean personnel......besides why would South Korea get upset with North Korea for bombing its own islands? Im sure theyd much rather them do that, tho stupid, then bomb them.

4. This obsfucation of "well what if china and russia did this" really needs to stop, because the argument is moot, and has no bearing on the situation.

Countries have subs and carriers all over the world in waters off many other countries coasts and people dont bomb the crap out of them.

North Korea threw a hissy fight just like they do about every 6 months or so, except this time, they are starting to kill people in a more open fashion, and SK is getting tired of it. This bullcrap that its all the US fault, when Kimmie is clearly a psychopath who cares more about power then his own people, is pure BUNK.

People just want an excuse to make the US the bad guy in anything they can, its complacent and stupid.

If I come to your house and start throwing bricks through your window because im a psychopath and dont like the way you run your family, and dont like your sunday bbqs at your neighbors house because its next to mine, it doesnt make it your neighbors fault, or your fault, im just a jerk......

But somehow all the sudden the US is responsible because we are holding maneuvers with SK , and people react like its something new......you can always tell people who dont know whats going on because they act like this is some new thing and we are aggressors, this has been going on for a long long time, and many other countries do the same..........this is nothing new.........get over it

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by For(Home)Country

I know one thing, The US has killed more people, women. children included, in fact the majority, then Saddam ever did.Or are your eyes blinded "by the rockets red glare the bombs bursting in air" cause your flag is there?

want to back some of that up with some facts instead of just making it up as you go along and throwing insults?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

1 million civilians are said to have been killed in Iraq. Saddam killed about 100,000. However, Saddam did not use human shields nor did he use the population as weapons. The people fighting the Americans in Iraq do, and it's quite difficult to tell who is who. Movies like the Hurt Locker show this very accurately. The fact of the matter is that in terms of purposely killing people, Saddam killed more. But In terms of the casualties of war, Americans kill more. However, people forget why they are dieing. Americans are not going up to them and killing them Like Saddam did. The people the Americans are fighting are taking cover in civilians and using them for cover, increasing their likelihood of death. This would be the same if it war Russia, China, or even Portugal. The blame still goes on the people using them for cover.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Little KIMMY, will soon settle down. He does this every year when we do drills over there. He did it last year and the year before. He lights off missles around the holidays , just to pss peoples off. You can bet your bottom dollar that LITTLE KIMMY will cause a stirr this christmas and some people here on A.T.S will blow it all out of proportion.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Its funny how soon the world forgets how much the US actually DOES for other countries......

And so little for the underprivileged here in the States.

And lets examine what we really DO do in other countries as well, while we're at it,

academic.evergreen.edu...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join