It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
reply to post by 1IN7MILLION

No not yet

The South will do nothing to escalate the conflict. Nor will Pyongyang; its famously rabid rhetoric will prove as empty as always. North Korea’s dictator, Kim Jong-il, in this theory, is merely trying to boost his twentysomething heir, Kim Jong-un, or win more food aid for his starving people

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Not a thing we should bet on...but I would bet 1 gas mask, 2 ak's and 1 nuclear bunker this is it.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What irks me is that the US can hold military exercises off of Taiwan and everyone
thinks it's just hunky dory.
but can you imagine if China tried holding military exercises off of (say) Cuba?
or California?, or DC?
People here would be in an uproar!!!
it's such a double standard where the US can behave in any fashion it desires
and NO ONE better interfere with what it's doing!
I for one am happy that someone is getting tired of this double standard and doing
something about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by arufon

Well if China has the capability, I amsure they would do it in partnership with Cuba or Venezuela.
However I do think it won't be very long until it becomes a reality, as they have the will and the means to complete their blue water and aircraft carriers navy programs.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Panama is moving to make the teaching of Mandarin compulsory in all schools, in recognition of China's growing importance in the world economy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Washington, Nov. 17: The United States faces the possibility of a nuclear "Pearl Harbor" after President Bill Clinton okayed the ceding of US control over the Panama Canal and with seemingly growing Chinese influence there, warned Thomas H. Moorer, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on Wednesday.

www.orwelltoday.com...

the Chinese are much closer to the US than people seem to realize
I wonder how many Chinese are NK weapons are already IN the united states.

oh yeah,
then there is the non existant southern border insecurity
edit on 28-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by arufon
What irks me is that the US can hold military exercises off of Taiwan and everyone
but can you imagine if China tried holding military exercises off of (say) Cuba?
or California?, or DC?
I for one am happy that someone is getting tired of this double standard and doing
something about it.

I hope I'm not putting words in your mouth.

Are you saying that you would be happy to see WWIII? Just to satiate your hate for this double standard?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

or California?, or DC?
something about it.

Oh sure, that happened in the 60s, Russia was doing that. Wanted to launch nukes into the US from Cuba.
The US didn't take that mess then either and the US isn't going to start now.

I thought you knew that Russian jets were doing flybys right over our carriers. Various countries swoop on in and say hello all the time. Heck we had a very heavily armed Russian warship come on over a few months back and dock up in one of our west coast bays. China's subs seem content in dropping in as well. Second, when people start shelling mortars or any other type of artillery into another country in this case an ally, and no one else in the world gives a hoot to say hey, leave folks alone, then yea, the US heads on over to say Hi. Common sense solution? Don't shell folks, and the US won't go fishin' in your backyard.

edit on 28-11-2010 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2010 by Nephalim because: cuz it's fun

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This just up on the NY Times website:

www.nytimes.com...

After the United States and South Korea began naval exercises Sunday as a warning to North Korea, China hastily called for an emergency meeting of six countries.

At the same time, China called for an emergency meeting of the six principal countries involved: itself, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Russia and the United States. Reacting to the growing sense of crisis in the region, China’s foreign ministry hastily called a press briefing Sunday afternoon, with Vice Foreign Minister Wu Dawei calling for “emergency consultations” to be held in early December in Beijing.

This is what the Emergency Announcement was all about.
edit on 28/11/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
IMO, if there's gonna be war between the US and China, it ain't gonna be pretty especially if both countries go all out from the very beginning (very likely if they want to win.)

And then we'll be worrying about nuclear, bio and chemical weapons set loose by the warring states. We all know how much weapons both countries have on their laps... And I'm not even counting the 'rumoured' weapons. *shudders*

Conclusion:
1) I don't think either country will actually let any other countries stay idly by as they go to war. They'll either drag all of us down with them, or take us all out. Either case, we're all gonna die. And as promised, we're all gonna die by fire (Nuke).

2) Economic breakdown! But really, that's the least of our problems. [Think the simple equation of 'gun vs butter'. During war, you will want to put as much resources into 'gun'.]

The not quite possible 3s and 4s:

3) Here comes the aliens, Independence Day/Skyline style.

4) Jesus saves us all. =D

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I believe the Chinese just learned how to "BLINK" Good thing Wen is in Russia he can learn a whole lot about brinkmanship and how to "BLINK" and turn and run!!!

edit on 11/28/10 by mel1962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

or California?, or DC?

And that's exactly what they did when they launched a missle from a sub off the California coast the other week.

It was nothing more than more posturing. It will be a proxy war between China vs. US if this thing ever reaches a tipping point.
edit on 28-11-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

or California?, or DC?
something about it.

I hope I'm not putting words in your mouth.

Are you saying that you would be happy to see WWIII? Just to satiate your hate for this double standard?

Objection! Leading!

There is absolutely nothing in that post suggesting the poster wants WW3. Your response to it just magnifies the very issue the poster was highlighting.

I for one agree with him/her entirely. I would like to see joint Cuban and Chinese manoeuvres in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. I'd also like to see North Korean and Chinese manoeurvres off the coast of California. There's absolutely no reason for such manoeurvres to be the start of WW3, it's just training exercises after all why would America object to that?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by Vitchilo

funny how this is all kicking off when wikileaks is due to release thier files that aparently are going to cause "global havock".....i sniff a false flag..how bout u? be hard for people to have an uprising against the government when theres a war going on around them huh?.....

Been thinking that myself since yesterday. Even if not to war, will still be a big distraction just in time. I bet that talk Hillary had with China yesterday was very interesting. It's hard to imagine they would go to such lengths over such things, but then... 9/11 makes it hard to imagine they wouldn't.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Us does the drill in that region every year. Plus, China doesn't care because they don't care about that side of the country. Most of US investments are in that part of the country. It would be like bombing your own bank. Stupid idea.

In addition, N Korea is the aggressor now, quite clear and obvious. China cannot support them.

China can only say one thing and it is very likely going to be that the North was wrong and that the US should go back to talks. Simple response.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

or California?, or DC?

And that's exactly what they did when they launched a missle from a sub off the California coast the other week.

NO! One solitary unattributed (and officially denied) missile launched away from the continental US does not amount to extensive exercises and war games. The two are so far apart as to be uncomparable.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The chinese government runs around shooting their people in the head, for silly things. I really don't listen to anything the chinese government says. The depths of evil they regularly fathom in order to provide their leaders with fresh organs are not to be measured by any Earthly standard. Just remember what it is you are listening to, when hearing their awaited sounds. To hell with the chinese government, and to any that acts like it.
edit on 28-11-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

Of course it was denied.

And I stand behind my comparison. In my opinion it was rasher a move than our current posturing of holding joint exercises with SK.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

I see that the Tavistock brainwashing didn't miss you at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Me thinks Obama is gonna comply

Not on your life!. America will not back down.There is too much pressure to react to these terrorist NK's
Never underestimate Obama's willingness to bend knee to foreign powers. If China were to forcefully "request" the US to move our war games, I would expect the "Wimp in Chief" to comply.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

or California?, or DC?

It was nothing more than more posturing. It will be a proxy war between China vs. US if this thing ever reaches a tipping point.

That missile was not launched by the Chinese. That missile was launched by the illuminati to start a war but was intercepted by the Galactics. Did you even wonder where the missile went? There was no explosion.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Us does the drill in that region every year. Plus, China doesn't care because they don't care about that side of the country. Most of US investments are in that part of the country. It would be like bombing your own bank. Stupid idea.

What a dumb stupid and ignorant post. China doesn't care about that side of the country?

What? even though it is not only the most populous region, has two of the largest cities in China, nay the world, has most of it's infrastructure, manufacturing, resources, money, and intellectual property in that part of the country, Not to mention it being the residing place of not only the country's leaders but elites also.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join