It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks (was) down

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
reply to post by wcitizen

My blinders are off. I'm still curious to hear the times you think it's OK to keep stuff secret.
You think people whose lives revolve around DWTS and other reality TV care about how we go about gathering intelligence on other countries?

Me, I'm not for keeping stuff secret - where on earth did you get that from?
second

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

Originally posted by wcitizen

reply to post by the_denv

for a public figure he has done very little to disprove the rape charges ,

its one thing to arrogant but its another thing to prove "them" wrong,

in a nut shell ,

he is using information to show others what the goverments and corporations have done is illegal and not law abiding

why isnt he then a law abiding role model in his own case , ...

just saying ,

Have you actually looked at his twitter page and seen the published letters from his attorneys??? Or are you just speculating without having done him the courtesy of reading what he has made public?

If you are going to slur somene's name by saying he is not abiding by the law, at leaslt take the trouble to do your research first.

In this case, based on his attorney's public statements, it is the Swedish authorities who are playing games with the law and not Assange.

edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

how is twittering or having attorney (s) send letters clearing ones name when its for questioning they want him ?
they want him to answer for the aledged suspicion of rape and he has yet to answer for his own deed´s.
mocking the system is not doing him any favour..

to me it seams that people are just blinded by this man´s background and forget that he is not above the law any more or less then you or me ,

if it was me in his shoes i wouldent run from it and point fingers at everyone else and have people talk for me
i´d confront it and have it over with since im innocent.

He has offered to meet with them for questoning. There is no legal requirement for him to do more than he has done. They even cite legal precedents to confirm this. I think it is you who is blinded by the MSM.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

[

if it was me in his shoes i wouldent run from it and point fingers at everyone else and have people talk for me

Frankly, I doubt if you have any notion of what it must be like to be in his shoes...and I doubt very much that you would cope with the threats on your life even remotely as well as he is. That is my guess, based on what you have written so far.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

True, i just want to make the distinctions that just because a certain group is bad, doesn't mean all of them are bad. It's the over-generalization "all of them are bad" that leads to trouble.

reply to post by kykweer

Yeah, i know he probably was being sarcastic. I just don't want all the Jews to get a bad rap for the choices of a few.

Idk, guess seeing and learning about the Holocaust has made me kind of jumpy about this sort of thing. Oh well, I'm off to see Harry Potter.

Yes, and at the same time we all get criticised for our government's heinous criminal activities....it's par for the course and we have to be bigger than that. These things are over generalisations, of course, but they happen frequently...and Jews aren't exempt from it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Off topic
edit on 26-11-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

how does being suspected of sexual assault , rape and possibly molestation clear you from questioning by the authorities ?

work ?
travel ?
above the law ?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Why is there so much secrecy involving the contents of these documents?

Secrecy?

They are already testing the "waters" by giving various news outlets hints about the "contents"

Here is one example:

abovetopsecret.com...

Once again, when this release is done, the public (especially ATS members) will likely be disappointed again.

But these leaks aren't necessarily meant for pubic consumption. The contents have implications within the international community of leaders, armies and governments.

The first releases may be to major news media outlets and then perhaps be made available on wikileaks servers.

When it is all out, don't be surprised if you find yourself disappointed with the "contents"

edit on 26-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

[

Frankly, I doubt if you have any notion of what it must be like to be in his shoes...and I doubt very much that you would cope with the threats on your life even remotely as well as he is. That is my guess, based on what you have written so far.

have you ever been "house arrested" for 6 years without the means or possibility to leave the country , i have
and amnesty knows my case.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

I certainly agree they will not publicly laugh it off but internally there is an understanding. Some things might come as a shock to foreign gov't but at the end of the day it can't get worse then what they've probably heard before.

As some of the religious folk would say: Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

reply to post by the_denv

why isnt he then a law abiding role model in his own case , ...

just saying ,

If you are really following the 'rape' case, you'd know that the 'rapes' were alleged by 2 women that had CONSENTUAL sex with him, and then got mad and filed charges that he didn't use a condom the next time they had sex with him. The prosecutor DROPPED the charges, and then someone higher than her reopened the case and just hasn't closed it yet.

They wanted to make sure Interpol had a legal reason to look for him and detain him.

He's not being unlawful, he's being careful.

Couldn't agree more. I think that the charges are in place for the faint chance that he may be arrested and detained. Then the games begin, the US will jump in and interrogate him and he'll be out of the public eye. Then all of a sudden like Matt Simmons from the BP oil disaster, he'll be found dead, at his home. Reports will state that Julian Assange had a heart attack and possibly drowned in his hot tub.

Read more: newsflavor.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

[

have you ever been "house arrested" for 6 years without the means or possibility to leave the country , i have
and amnesty knows my case.

In that case you have my most sincere apology. I still disagree with you, however, that Assange is not complying with the law. It seems to me the law is playing games with him. He is fighting (legally) to stay alive.
I am a little surprised, given what you say, that you have so little compassion for him.
edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

Don't exclude the possibility that he is using this "insurance" to blackmail the US government, opening up the possibility that he is just an asshole, hence the reason why a few people quit wikileaks to start a similar organization

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

how does being suspected of sexual assault , rape and possibly molestation clear you from questioning by the authorities ?

work ?
travel ?
above the law ?

Lol, if you read what his attorneys say, he is not seeking to be cleared of questioning. I'm not going to repeat what they say, read it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
new on the twitter.com/wikileaks site:

Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org...

Maybe they are planning to release the encryption key soon. We will see...
edit on 26-11-2010 by Fenrin because: added twitter.com/

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I wonder...

Could it be possible that the charges brought against assange will be revealed in diplomatic communications between interested governments?

That would certainly be an eye-opener.

Waiting patiently but guessing I won't be waiting long.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fenrin
new on the wikileaks website:

Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org...

Maybe they are planning to release the encryption key soon. We will see...

Deja vu anyone?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I wonder...

Could it be possible that the charges brought against assange will be revealed in diplomatic communications between interested governments?

That would certainly be an eye-opener.

Waiting patiently but guessing I won't be waiting long.

Now that would be a real laugh,
but I thought most of this stuff was a little older than that..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I see some of you have been questioning what Assange would have to gain, and what or who is to gain from the constant bombardment of leaked U.S documents. Instantly George Soros comes to mind. From what I un derstand he is a co founder of Wikileaks, and I don't think it is a secret that ole George likes taking on 'empires' and attempting to take them down. Especially the U.S.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm just off of it. It's up in Canada. My region anyway.
edit on 26-11-2010 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's up from British Columbia Canada as of 7:30am 26 November
edit on 26-11-2010 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join