It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Wikileaks (was) down

page: 6
114
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
There is a big chance it's a viral marketing strategy but let's hope it's not.




posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra
 


Yeah maybe you're right maybe we shouldn't know everything. But if the government can what does that mean.



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
apparently the new documents contain taped conversations between u.s diplomats and russian politicians that puts russian govermentals in a bad lime light

2 cents


edit added link

www.mtv3.fi...
edit on 26-11-2010 by zerbot565 because: link



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
Maybe I missed it, but when is Wikileaks going to release embarassing, sensitive and potentially dangerous info on governments other than the US. Is everyone really that naive to think other governments don't do the exact same thing? I'm all for transparency in the government and military, but everyone seems to think they're entitled to know every last detail about every single thing. The world as it exists today could not operate in a completely open society where everyone knows every intimate detail of everything that goes on. Get rid of disease, war, hunger, greed, crime and poverty and maybe we can start thinking along those lines.



We don't and never will know everything about every single thing. The world is as it is today because of secrecy and covert actions. Most of the 'secrecy' is to protect these black covert actions against the people, and to cover up the lies we have been told.

If this stuff was acceptable, why would the Pentagon be so scared?

There are very few real reasons to keep stuff secret. Look at the info which is released after 60 years - when it's safe that people won't take action - and the corruption and lies and crimes it exposes.

Truth is what we need to expose these criminals. Truth of today, not of sixty years ago when it is usually released.

The US government is a nest of vipers which has to be fumigated by the breath of truth, and that means exposure through leaks.
edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Wikileaks is working here (UK).

2nd line.



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit
 


Its working in USA now also.



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
We don't and never will know everything about every single thing. The world is as it is today because of secrecy and covert actions. Most of the 'secrecy' is to protect these black covert actions against the people, and to cover up the lies we have been told.

If this stuff was acceptable, why would the Pentagon be so scared?

There are very few real reasons to keep stuff secret. Look at the info which is released after 60 years - when it's safe that people won't take action - and the corruption and lies and crimes it exposes.

Truth is what we need to expose these criminals. Truth of today, not of sixty years ago when it is usually released.

The US government is a nest of vipers which has to be fumigated by the breath of truth, and that means exposure through leaks.
edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

EXACTLY! Spot on mate!

Julian Assange knows this, of course he will do all he can using whatever methods to exterminate these vermin.

The reason it's all centred around the US is because it's the dark hats within the US government that is responsible for all/if not most of the world's problems.

Once the world is rid of these vermin, then the world will finally have peace and prosperity!



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I suspect the threat is from Israel



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by peter_kandra
Maybe I missed it, but when is Wikileaks going to release embarassing, sensitive and potentially dangerous info on governments other than the US. Is everyone really that naive to think other governments don't do the exact same thing? I'm all for transparency in the government and military, but everyone seems to think they're entitled to know every last detail about every single thing. The world as it exists today could not operate in a completely open society where everyone knows every intimate detail of everything that goes on. Get rid of disease, war, hunger, greed, crime and poverty and maybe we can start thinking along those lines.



We don't and never will know everything about every single thing. The world is as it is today because of secrecy and covert actions. Most of the 'secrecy' is to protect these black covert actions against the people, and to cover up the lies we have been told.

If this stuff was acceptable, why would the Pentagon be so scared?

There are very few real reasons to keep stuff secret. Look at the info which is released after 60 years - when it's safe that people won't take action - and the corruption and lies and crimes it exposes.

Truth is what we need to expose these criminals. Truth of today, not of sixty years ago when it is usually released.

The US government is a nest of vipers which has to be fumigated by the breath of truth, and that means exposure through leaks.
edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)


Playing devils advocate, does that mean other governments are squeaky clean? So maybe we have some embarrasing information on other govenmental officials...you don't think they have their intelligence agencies playing the same cat and mouse game? I'm not disagreeing that there is a ton of corruption in government..I mean I spent most of my life in NJ and there was tons of it in local and state government, my point is that we live in a dangerous and complex world and releasing information that puts lives in danger and is just plain reckless. You say there are very few real reasons to keep stuff secret. What reasons would you consider OK?



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan

Originally posted by wcitizen
We don't and never will know everything about every single thing. The world is as it is today because of secrecy and covert actions. Most of the 'secrecy' is to protect these black covert actions against the people, and to cover up the lies we have been told.

If this stuff was acceptable, why would the Pentagon be so scared?

There are very few real reasons to keep stuff secret. Look at the info which is released after 60 years - when it's safe that people won't take action - and the corruption and lies and crimes it exposes.

Truth is what we need to expose these criminals. Truth of today, not of sixty years ago when it is usually released.

The US government is a nest of vipers which has to be fumigated by the breath of truth, and that means exposure through leaks.
edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

EXACTLY! Spot on mate!

Julian Assange knows this, of course he will do all he can using whatever methods to exterminate these vermin.

The reason it's all centred around the US is because it's the dark hats within the US government that is responsible for all/if not most of the world's problems.

Once the world is rid of these vermin, then the world will finally have peace and prosperity!


The dark hats within the US government! While I don't agree with you 100%, that's a great line, so kudos and star. Personally I'm of the mindset that we button up our borders, clean up after our internal messes and keep to ourselves for a while. Natural disaster somewhere in the world..sorry we'd love to help but we're cleaning house. UN, you're going to have to find a new home. Political refuges...sorry we're still cleaning house. I'm sure any of the squeaky clean countries will take you in. OK, maybe that's a little too over the top but you get my point. I hear people constantly say the US should butt out of world affairs. My question is will we also be bashed when we finally do?



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Got to admire Assanges balls...but he could one day be well known for starting World War 3



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by the_denv
 


for a public figure he has done very little to disprove the rape charges ,

its one thing to arrogant but its another thing to prove "them" wrong,

in a nut shell ,

he is using information to show others what the goverments and corporations have done is illegal and not law abiding

why isnt he then a law abiding role model in his own case , ...

just saying ,




Have you actually looked at his twitter page and seen the published letters from his attorneys??? Or are you just speculating without having done him the courtesy of reading what he has made public?

If you are going to slur somene's name by saying he is not abiding by the law, at leaslt take the trouble to do your research first.

In this case, based on his attorney's public statements, it is the Swedish authorities who are playing games with the law and not Assange.


edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zerohaze
 


www.washingtonpost.com...

Anyone seen this?



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
We don't and never will know everything about every single thing. The world is as it is today because of secrecy and covert actions. Most of the 'secrecy' is to protect these black covert actions against the people, and to cover up the lies we have been told.

If this stuff was acceptable, why would the Pentagon be so scared?

There are very few real reasons to keep stuff secret. Look at the info which is released after 60 years - when it's safe that people won't take action - and the corruption and lies and crimes it exposes.

Truth is what we need to expose these criminals. Truth of today, not of sixty years ago when it is usually released.

The US government is a nest of vipers which has to be fumigated by the breath of truth, and that means exposure through leaks.
edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)


As my friend Jack Nickelson used to say, "You can't handle the truth!". People for some obscure reason want to know everything, but is it worth risking their lives? I doubt people would rather live in a wartorn country hating the Government because they admit they are crap than America that keep people in the dark for mostly their own good.



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra


Playing devils advocate, does that mean other governments are squeaky clean? So maybe we have some embarrasing information on other govenmental officials...you don't think they have their intelligence agencies playing the same cat and mouse game? I'm not disagreeing that there is a ton of corruption in government..I mean I spent most of my life in NJ and there was tons of it in local and state government, my point is that we live in a dangerous and complex world and releasing information that puts lives in danger and is just plain reckless. You say there are very few real reasons to keep stuff secret. What reasons would you consider OK?



What you don't seem to grasp is that our lives are ALREADY in danger...the Government puts the lives of servicemen and women at risk by starting these totally needless and in many cases illegal wars. Moreover, the Government is killing the people by various means - just look at the Holocaust which is taking place in the Gulf of Mexico, in your OWN country, done by your OWN government.

The only way to get rid of these vermin is to expose them. Wikilkeaks has made it clear that the info is not only about US, but includes other countries too.

NOT to do everything we can to get these criminals out of their positions of power is what is reckless and unforgiveable, because apathy means we sit back and leave a hell to our children to inherit.

Time to take the blinkers off.



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zerohaze
 


The title says Wikileaks is down. That doesn't seem to be the case. Wikileaks is up and running. Care to explain the meaning of the title?



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer

Originally posted by wcitizen
We don't and never will know everything about every single thing. The world is as it is today because of secrecy and covert actions. Most of the 'secrecy' is to protect these black covert actions against the people, and to cover up the lies we have been told.

If this stuff was acceptable, why would the Pentagon be so scared?

There are very few real reasons to keep stuff secret. Look at the info which is released after 60 years - when it's safe that people won't take action - and the corruption and lies and crimes it exposes.

Truth is what we need to expose these criminals. Truth of today, not of sixty years ago when it is usually released.

The US government is a nest of vipers which has to be fumigated by the breath of truth, and that means exposure through leaks.
edit on 26-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)


As my friend Jack Nickelson used to say, "You can't handle the truth!". People for some obscure reason want to know everything, but is it worth risking their lives? I doubt people would rather live in a wartorn country hating the Government because they admit they are crap than America that keep people in the dark for mostly their own good.



I find it hard to believe that people still believe the government is acting for the good of the people. What about your fellow Americans in the Gulf of Mexico - ask them if the government is acting for their own good.

You and many others are ASSUMING these documents are going to cause a war - has it occurred to anyone of you that it might actually be a means of exposing the lies and therefore preventing a war?

And in any case, you are already at war. The Government declared war on the people a long time ago. The people are considered the enemy of the Private Corporation which is the US, owned by bankers. There is a slow genocide of the American people going on as we speak.



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen
 


My blinders are off. I'm still curious to hear the times you think it's OK to keep stuff secret.
You think people whose lives revolve around DWTS and other reality TV care about how we go about gathering intelligence on other countries?



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I don't thinks wikileaks has the balls to release the diplomatic cables. If they do they will probably be heavily edited.

Wikileaks are probably using their access to get silence money from the government, basically blackmail. Maybe that and a honeypot operation. There's money to be made in wikileaks position, IMO.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
reply to post by zerohaze
 


The title says Wikileaks is down. That doesn't seem to be the case. Wikileaks is up and running. Care to explain the meaning of the title?


Star!!! LOL



new topics

top topics



 
114
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join