It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks (was) down

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Wiki now tweeting "Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org..."

sorry if this has been posted, i wanted to get this out asap. i did search each post for the word "twee" and it looked like it had not been said already.

this could be big?? right?

7anked

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
In my opinion, watching the roaches scramble from the light is a beautiful thing.

Everything being exposed by Wikileaks has been said or done in OUR name by OUR governments.

They've operated with complete immunity and autonomy for far too long. Trumped up charges and the like aside, I think Julian Assange and the people that put their very lives on the line for Wikileaks and the truth it exposes are heroes.

edit: If the governments of the world knew at the time of the internet's creation that it had the potential to become such a powerful tool, enabling an incredibly small number of people to expose their inner workings to the world at large, I don't think we'd have the internet that we have today. One of those rare times when the lack of foresight and planning worked out in our favour. Those times usually result in train wreck for us. This time it was "them".

That being said, I'm still waiting for "the big one" from Wikileaks. Assange has alluded to something much larger and globally profound that what has been released to date.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Nyteskye because: additional thought added.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's back up.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Were the leaks from last time ever leaked?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7anked
Wiki now tweeting "Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org..."

sorry if this has been posted, i wanted to get this out asap. i did search each post for the word "twee" and it looked like it had not been said already.

this could be big?? right?

7anked

im thinking this just might be a copy of what they are going to be putting up, and just to be sure in case the site gets destroyed or something then thousands of people will have the info already. but we need the key! what a tease that DL is.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
didnt the site go down last time they were just about to leak a whole lot of important stuff?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
nothing new on the site.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Just checked it a few minutes ago, when I read that Wikileaks is down again. But everything worked fine here.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I imagine they will have a searchable database for this release and also for notation of individual memos.

They probably got everything ready, then threw the OLD front page back up. When the newpapers come out with the story, they can then just throw the NEW homepage up at a preselected time.

They are all supposed to do it in unison. Last time one of the newspapers jumped early.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Probally release it to the left wing news papers first before LETTING THE PEOPLE SEE IT AT THE SAME TIME. I for one think it's a scam the newspapers get to go through it and then spin it before they even post it for the people to go through it themselves wikileaks is a joke

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Wikileaks is up in Europe. Probably in US is used some "switch" to stop access to site. And this "insuranse" file may be is server backup that will spread to all supporters without possibility to stop it.
edit on 26-11-2010 by petar258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Yep or the fact he already had a criminal record for similar In Australia ;o]

This happened after he was already rejected for application for residency there - they dont take In criminals - and the records pre this were from Australia when he lived here - or so all the newspapers say and It was well well WELL before any of this ever came up - as in YRS ago.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Ok question here everyone. Since the US govt. is telling its ambassadors everywhere to be prepared and is even warning allies about potentially damaging information being released, what kind of international response can we expect? I suppose its contingent on the severity of the stuff released but could this change American allies into enemies? Or sway neutral countries away from the states and towards china or another power, or is this all just overblown, what do you guys think?

Also some info#

edit on 26-11-2010 by h0rror because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
i guess it depends what they are briefing them on. usually when you brief someone you are giving them information. i don't see US diplomats telling foreign diplomats simply 'hey, past is past, now is now, right?...guys?'.
they've probably got some contingency plan in the works to help blow off some steam when the leaks are out. something tells me either everything is gonna go really really bad or there won't be much fallout at all, just some jibber jabber back and forth for a month or something. i mean the US keeps saying things may get embarrassing, but then there are reports that things could get volatile, possibly dangerous, then there are reports that a total revelation is at hand. i don't understand why we have to draw this out so long though. seriously, it wouldve been better to catch the US off guard, the media will have a bonanza no matter what, the world would know irrespective of the timing...
thats what makes me think this isn't all about building up the media or PR or anything. if there is one thing the people at WikiLeaks should understand, is that faster information = faster results. i dont understand how the government could know that WikiLeaks plans to release the info on friday either without having spoken to them about it.
as usual, whatever........
edit on 26-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Then, it is true!

Wikileaks:The coming months will see a new world, where global history is redefined. Keep us strong!www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I dreamt about this last night, serves me right for being impatient to see what is being leaked this time around.

Anyway, In the dream the leaked info was proof that the government leaders that were visited by the US embassadors etc, were all aliens. Proof of disclosure !!!

Confirmed.......Im working too hard.

Weird dream for sure.

Respects

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
What do the governments know that we don't? How is it they know wikileaks is about to leak something? I don't see anything on __._ that would suggest the claims.

And that insurance file is pretty old isn't it? Like 6 months old.
edit on 26-11-2010 by salty_wagyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It's pretty CLEAR and OBVIOUS from the reports of government diplomats briefing other nation's diplomats in advance of the leak is because they KNOW this time, the S*%$ is gonna hit the FAN!!!!!

There will be a reckoning.

Bradley Manning... the man who managed to help bring down every corrupt pollie and government all around the world. Using a CD disguised as Lady Gaga music.

Lights on! Rats out!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by masqua

Of course, it is part of the viral marketing strategy to use the news media to generate interest... FREE advertising.

Like the other releases this will be done (again) to elicit a specific response, and/or to achieve a political objective.

Everything that has been and will be leaked is entirely controlled, planned and coordinated.

Timing is everything!

edit on 25-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

OMG time to activate Reston 5, 6 and 7!

So obvious it's a viral marketing strategy. Like if they absolutely need the "official" website to release anything.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Maybe I missed it, but when is Wikileaks going to release embarassing, sensitive and potentially dangerous info on governments other than the US. Is everyone really that naive to think other governments don't do the exact same thing? I'm all for transparency in the government and military, but everyone seems to think they're entitled to know every last detail about every single thing. The world as it exists today could not operate in a completely open society where everyone knows every intimate detail of everything that goes on. Get rid of disease, war, hunger, greed, crime and poverty and maybe we can start thinking along those lines.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join