It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 15, arrested over 'Facebook Koran burning video'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i totaly agree, yet at the same time, to each his own. I dont think we should arrest people for it. That seems more like a communist act. They are kids still. We as parents dont flog our kids when they do something stupid. Perhaps 10 years from now they might look back and say "I was such an idiot", but giving a criminal record for it that could cause that person to work at mc donalds for the rest of their lives.. that to me is just as childish.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Ah, LOL. I see where you are coming from now. Sorry about the lack of understanding. In light of that, I am in total agreement with you. The only way we can deal with this is through Religious tolerance.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

Your sir, are an idiot!

Have you read the Satanic Verses?
If so please state how it is in anyway offencive and why Mr. Rushdie was threatened with execution by the fascist leader of a, fascist state Iran. Please tell us why a man should be threatened with death for writing his thoughts and publishing them in a democratic society, by idiots who never read his book they just saw it as anti-islamic?
In the same breath it is also wrong to burn the Holy book of any religion, I'm an atheist, but I wouldn't purposefully offend people because I don't believe what they believe. People who do incite interfaith violence and racial hatred should be prosecuted, whatever side of the 'Fence' they stand on, remember the press in the UK has several agendas, one of the being sensationalising stories to sell more newspapers.

if you are going to comment please have a more educated and informed comment rather than some tired anti-western diatribe.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Now, who can tell me if this person would have been arrested if it was a copy of the Bible that was burned?

Way to spin it.

Now just wait until another child burns something that is not part of YOUR religion and you can make your next thread claiming that if it were your religion it would have no consequence.

Instead of asking yourself:

"Why does a 15 year old get arrested?"
"Why does someone get arrested for burning a book?"
"Why does anyone still use facebook?"
"Why does the police, more and more so, arrest people over internet videos?"

Imagine those threads and the substance they could hold! Now look at your own thread and wallow in ignorance.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Here is the link:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now, who can tell me if this person would have been arrested if it was a copy of the Bible that was burned?

Oh lord, what can I say? My only question is this. Inciting religious hatred, or stupid teenage stunt?

My bet would be the latter... Ugh... I swear, when it comes to the justice system.... Common sense seems to be a no show.

Now that is not to say that I agree with what she did. Actually I find it quite bothersome... But at the same time. It is a 15 year old girl, showing off to her friends....

Does the word "chill" come to mind for anyone else?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

My religion? I did not state what my religion was.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Plus, I am sure that if a video of someone burning a copy of the bible was to be posted, they would not be arrrested. It is a stab at the PC government. I see no ignorance. Perhaps you are ignorant in so much as totally missing the point.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes, that is true. I suppose, in a way, it is an attempt to further drive a wedge between Islam and the more Western orintated faiths. This could lead to more harsh security measures and......................

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

It doenst have to do with PC alone.
What it really comes down to is that the Muslim Terror campaign has WON. Theyve made entire Nations afraid of offending them because they are afraid of the Islamic wrath if they do.

So because of this, they punish people that do stuff like this, so they can say look, we punished them, theres no need for you to bomb us again (as theyre shaking in their boots)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Wow, most irrelevant reply I've come across so far. Way to read champ.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Plus, I am sure that if a video of someone burning a copy of the bible was to be posted, they would not be arrrested. It is a stab at the PC government. I see no ignorance. Perhaps you are ignorant in so much as totally missing the point.

And there you have it. What I was saying with my first post which you replied to with: "I did not say what my religion was."

Well guess what?

You don't need to. Just keep making those assumptions, you will be a winner at life by assuming!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Okay, pop quiz. What religion am I ?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Sigh.

Once again, it doesn't matter which religion you believe you belong to. I never asked because it is of no relevance to the post I made, you thought it was relevant because that's where ignorants get stuck. But seeing as you like to utter random words and seeing as you insist on answering rethorical questions:

"What do you think is in my fridge?"

Somehow I don't think you'll get the point here either, when so, don't expect me to reply.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Well, the guy has a point.
I can almost guarantee that if this was a bible being burned, we wouldnt know about it because.. A: she wouldve never been arrested and B: It wouldnt have made the news.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Right I see. So, just due to the fact that I take a contrary view to yours, you deem it fit to insult me. I think this makes a point quite clearly.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Right I see. So, just due to the fact that I take a contrary view to yours, you deem it fit to insult me. I think this makes a point quite clearly.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

That is exactly what I am trying to get at. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

The guy doesn't have a point and neither do you.

Points are never based on assumptions. Go ahead, burn a bible to show off on facebook(is there anyone else who doesn't believe this amount of stupidness deserves an arrest - if only out of protection for the person burning the book - in case she decides to burn more stuff she doesn't agree with, like her tv when it's on the wrong channel, or her friends new sweater). Then come back after you're arrested or not arrested and we'll talk some more about the irrelevance of religion and more about the relevance of stupidity.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Way to spin it.

Now just wait until another child burns something that is not part of YOUR religion and you can make your next thread claiming that if it were your religion it would have no consequence.

Instead of asking yourself:

"Why does a 15 year old get arrested?"
"Why does someone get arrested for burning a book?"
"Why does anyone still use facebook?"
"Why does the police, more and more so, arrest people over internet videos?"

Imagine those threads and the substance they could hold! Now look at your own thread and wallow in ignorance.

Sure, those questions could be asked... There are quite a few more I'm sure. I dont think it was "spun" any other way than simply mentioning the fact that "whats good for the goose isnt always good for the gander". I myself, took it for what it was. Perhaps YOU could have been more contructive and pointed out these questions as your own instead of demanding someone else take on your questions, that you obviously seem to think is more important.

Jeeze man... Could you be a lil less rash, instead of just comming off as "prickish"? I for one salute the guy for bringing up a very valid point, religion or none. He could be an athiest for all you know. Yet you claim your responce has nothing to do with his religion, but you are quick to use it as ammo in your broken gun.

You are the embodyment of what is wrong with ATS as of late. Quick to jab without taking the topic for what it's worth. Good Job! You've succeeded in being a dick. You should have Jane look at that for you.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I think i do have a point and dont really care if you think so or not.
Youre the one lashing out at people who make posts with different ideas than your own.
Grow up
edit on 25-11-2010 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join