It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 15, arrested over 'Facebook Koran burning video'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sonia74

Oi, give it some more thought.

When people read the FOX website about how Obama wrote a 75.000 word rant and believed it, then replied with their opinion, do you agree or not that it is an erronous opinion as the reaction that was drawn out was based on an Onion(satirical news article) so the foundation for the opinion of so many people was not present(unless you want to count being a nut foundationful).

That doesn't mean the people are idiots for commenting, no, as they were handed some information(which they WERE stupid enough to not check) and based their opinion on false information. That means their opinion was erronous. It means they were lazy for not double checking the information.

Same deal here. You're being handed an idea from MSM about a girl that burned a book(religion is irrelevant - until the MSM puts it there). People parrot the opinions on the news as if it were their opinion. I see through this, can you?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Um...probably. If Richard Dawkins burned a Bible, I'm sure people would be calling for his head.

The problem is a false comparison. Christians are considered a benign majority, there isn't really vitriol towards them. Muslims are regularly targets of active discrimination and religious bigotry.

I'm sure there's more to the story than 'she was just arrested for burning a Koran on Facebook'. We haven't seen the video, we can't really make a judgement.

I'm not saying she should be arrested for burning a Koran, but if she was saying certain things about a group of people it would change the story. There's a difference between just burning a Koran and burning a Koran while you say very bigoted things about people.

And if someone burned a Bible while saying very bigoted things about a group of people, I'm sure they'd get the same treatment.

Now, if the girl simply burned a Koran and that was it and there was absolutely nothing else to the story....well, she shouldn't have been arrested. But I doubt that's the case.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSanctum

Furthermore, It doesn't matter which religion you follow - Judaism, Christianity or Islam. We all follow the teachings of the same God. Yahweh = Allah = God - The creator of the Universe. Each religion created for a specific purpose, and (initially) for a specific people. Get over the hate and let everyone worship whatever they want to.

I totally agree and wish it were that simple but with radicals pushing the limits don't you think more Koran following Muslims should be going out of their way to cast out these radicals that do not follow the book?

The UK public for the most part see's a head scarf and guess what, they are the same as burka wearers whom would commonly be called the more radicals because of imposition of the burka. When the UK see's women wrapped up in Buka's waving placards about killing us they see Muslim, when they see youths wrapped up in saudi style face wraps screaming abuse at us they see Muslim.

Not radical Muslim...Because the ordinary ones never make the issue known..

Should not ordinary Muslims be making their voices known, should they not be marching so they will get TV coverage to show they are not the same people, but no, most use the get out of not being allowed to judge a fellow Muslim as only Allah can do that.

I'm sorry but by their own non actions they get grouped in with the haters, if they voiced their viewpoint on these its not judging them, its a shame they hide behind that tho.

The British public is totally fed up with hearing young men on loud speakers telling us brits to get out of our own country as its been taken for Islam, we are fed up with schools being used as teachings of hatred, teaching a child of 6 how to cut a hand or foot off, we are fed up with apologists saying we are hearing the words out of context, this isn't teachers explaining the old ways, this is teachers explaining what to do, why to hate gays.

People here are fed up of seeing ridiculous allowance of non integrating such as Muslim only swimming times, do we have Christian only times or in my case atheist only times?

No, why do we have these times, can these women not just join in with the women only times as that's what the deal is, nope its got to be totally separate......Stupidity of the highest order.

This simple refusal to integrate and casting all of us or any creed or colour as bad is at the midst of this whole issue, I'm sorry but if you are given safe haven in a country thousands of miles from your own lands then you do not ask to be given the country over to them or you will use violence.

It sort of ruffles peoples feathers...

And please, save me the "but you are in our countries doing the same"

I'm not, I'm not in favour of it and to be honest I doubt any of our troops are in favour of being there, that was cooked up by Bush and Blair to fund their own wants, most of the people from both US and UK would rather see the troops pulled out ASAP, it's not our wish nor want, we have no wish to kill people over there..

edit on 27-11-2010 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2010 by Mclaneinc because: To affirm words

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

You know it, gives you wings

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

You gonna bark all day little doggy or are ya gonna bite?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join