It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 15, arrested over 'Facebook Koran burning video'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Right I see. So, just due to the fact that I take a contrary view to yours, you deem it fit to insult me. I think this makes a point quite clearly.

No you don't see. You are arguing the straw man that is presented in the article. You are blowing a non-issue up while leaving the real issues be because they don't have the words 'koran' or 'muslim' in them, but rather more familiar faces.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Or, God forbid, a poppy on remembrance day !!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just ignore the child.. I clicked on about 5 random posts he has recently made and in all 5 of them he is bitching, whining or bashing someone for stating an opinion.
The other poster was right, this kid is an example of everything thats wrong with ATS and any other forum for that matter.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Perhaps YOU could have been more contructive and pointed out these questions as your own instead of demanding someone else take on your questions, that you obviously seem to think is more important.

I did point out the more relevant questions to ask ye? Or would you say we don't have enough baseless bashing of religion on ATS as of yet?

Jeeze man... Could you be a lil less rash, instead of just comming off as "prickish"? I for one salute the guy for bringing up a very valid point, religion or none. He could be an athiest for all you know. Yet you claim your responce has nothing to do with his religion, but you are quick to use it as ammo in your broken gun.

I care just as much about how YOU(and by you I mean the three posters too blind to see a hand in front of their faces) ignorant folks perceive me as you care about other peoples beliefs, mainly muslims.

You are the embodyment of what is wrong with ATS as of late. Quick to jab without taking the topic for what it's worth. Good Job! You've succeeded in being a dick. You should have Jane look at that for you.

The motto is deny ignorance right? Guess you took a swing and a miss.

Apparently you don't find it any bit offensive that not newsworthy news is twisted into opiniated pieces presented as threads on ATS. You do however, find a critical viewpoint offensive, on a place like ATS.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It seems to me (One outside both religions) that if one were an extremest Christian, one would be a total passivist, always offering the other cheek.

I could be all militant with a gun and yelling crazy crap and call myself a Christan and it wouldn't make me any more a Christian than I am.

I keep wondering what is going to happen when the numbers in Britain of combined Hindus, druids and pagans grows, and how they will be getting along with the Muslims. Muslims don't like to tolerate pagans so well. They all tend towards nonviolence but pagans are not always so turn the other cheek.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

Just ignore the child.. I clicked on about 5 random posts he has recently made and in all 5 of them he is bitching, whining or bashing someone for stating an opinion.

Woe be upon me for expressing my opinion about someone elses erronous, foundationless opinion. Woe be upon me for bringing in a different perspective than what you "all" seem to agree on.

Get your woe sticks and your irrelevant posts out people!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well, maybe it was not verry smart of the girl to post that video on facebook..

But on the other side, do they really have to arrest a 15 year old for burning a book ?

Is it a criminal act if I would burn my own bible ?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Actually, it is really nothing to do with the fact that it was a Koran. The point that I am trying to make is that by posting in the press, the continued hatred toward Islam, and vice vera, by selective coverage, the Government is able to do exactly what is happening here. That is everyone at each others throats, so to speak.

Deep down, religion has nothing to do with it. It is all about building mistrust in order to take more control. Seems to be working just fine.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You're a mason right?

Deep down, religion has nothing to do with it. It is all about building mistrust in order to take more control. Seems to be working just fine.

Then you should know that deep down, organized religion has EVERYTHING to do with it. You say it is mistrust that creates the window of oppurtunity for control freaks, well that mistrust is based on religious views, whether your own or not.

It is all about building FEAR. After fear there's a whole washlist of things like mistrust, paranoia, greed, vengeance, jealousy etc.

And what are people afraid of most? Death. And what explains death in a way that has scared the jeebus out of people since a good few thousand years? Religion.

The very mistrust you quote is mistrust against a religion that is not understood. Lack of understanding is one pillar of fear, can you find the others?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Don't forget the Jedis, according to the last Census there were over 390,000 of us in England and Wales with a further 15,000 or so in Scotland, surpassing Judaism, Sikhism & Buddhism :-) as for Islam, well there are more atheists in the UK at 15.1% of the population as opposed to Islam being 2.8% of the population. Almost 8% of the poulation did not answer the question Islam is not taking over the UK, it is demonised by some parts of the UK press (cough Daily Mail cough Express) because stories like this one sell newspapers and help with the ratings of Sky (bul# propaganda) News and ITN. Stories like this push all the right buttons in people who are not in full receipt of the facts.

Peace :-)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Yes I am. Not that it makes any difference. Now, I have to say that I agree with some of what you say. However, peronally, for me, death is not the issue. I have no fear of death. It comes to us all. How I face that death is a different matter. I am neither Christian, Jew or Muslim. Yes I believe in a creative force and yes, I believe that there is an afterlife. What it is and how we manifest in that life, I have no idea.

Now, my friend, I am not trying to incite religious hatred or any ranting by this thread. What I was trying to illustrate is the way that the PTB and media create situations, such as this, and use it as a tool in order to illicit the type of response it has.

I hope this is clear, that is, the way I have explained.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

LOL You're kidding right? Ok, lets touch this off shall we...

First off, the OP said nothing about nor related to any religion bashing. His words were pretty simple. It's black and white mate. Somehow you feel that this is all about bashing muslims. Is that your best defence? Is everything about bashing muslims? Perhaps we should just not say anything if it related to muslims? So, I guess in that sense, we shouldnt say anything about suicide bombers, because it relates to muslims... Perhaps we should get off of any topic that menions the middle east because it relates to bashing muslims?

Wait.. Maybe you're right. Maybe it is a conspiracy and we're just trying to put up subliminals about our crazed hatred of muslims??? Maybe you should read any of my other posts relating to muslims, because you'll find that I have an affinity for MANKIND, not religion, not race. But this isnt about me. It's about the way you came across as a simpathiser for something that's not even in question here. I have a question or 2 for ya..

Do you think we are somehow infringing on your beliefs through posting valid news headlines?

Do you feel that we are bashing your beliefs? I dont want to take your example and INDIRECTLY say... Oh! You must be a muslim!

Do you feel that everything is a conspiracy against muslims?

Feeling a lil paranoid mate?

I was always told, never assume what a person says is something other than what that person has said... Plain and simple. The OP made a very valid point. I pointed that out but you dont accept it. So be it. Your opinion, your choice.. Now... You being a total ass about it.. Well, thats why we're bickering, now isnt it?

You care as much about me as.... Well hey, you're responding to us end over end to make some point that just isnt there. It never was. You just pulled that one out of some orafice. We dont bother you, yet you persist? Please, by all means, continue to not care... In every responce you make
As the other poster mentioned, all you do is piss and moan against posters yet Ive seen nothing constructive in anything you've said to date. This makes me wanna make up my own conspiracy and say... ATS is bring infultrated by disinformation terrorist! lol Grow up a lil mate. Just a lil. You do provide my humor as of late. I'd hate to loose that.

The motto is deny ignorance right? Guess you took a swing and a miss.

Guess I did... Cause you're still spewing something that makes no sense. You're living in some world where everything is about you, about muslims, apparently. Sok man, I cant deny everything about you. I'm sure there has GOT to be some quality about your responces. I just cant seem to find it yet. Mind helping?

Apparently you don't find it any bit offensive that not newsworthy news is twisted into opiniated pieces presented as threads on ATS. You do however, find a critical viewpoint offensive, on a place like ATS.

There ya go assuming again. I dont find something offensive that wasnt meant to be offensive. You took offence to it because somewhere in your mind, this is against what you believe. Hey, everyone has an opinion right? Well guess what, it didnt become a personal jab untill you made that personal jab. You assumed something.. You were wrong. You were a dick about it.. and guess what... Nothing has changed.

Is everything a problem with you? Or is it just anything that has some loose relation to muslim in it?

Look fella, I hold the bible sacred. It's very sacred to me. But you wont find me burning any witches over it. Nor should any hands be lopped off for burning a bloody book. A BOOK that is used to justify taking thousands, millions of innocent lives... And you have issues with us speaking about this matter? Gimmie a break kid. Im waiting to hear a backlash from you speaking about how the catholics killed bla bla bla... Well guess what, I was born catholic, but I dont follow one single religion. Not judaeism, not brohommet, not the moon, not the stars, not catholocism.... But I find truth and love in many religions, yes even the koran, but I dont find solace in killing people, imprisoning people, or condeming people in any way for it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Yes I am. Not that it makes any difference.

Ah, so now you understand that your religion is irrelevant. I'm glad we both reached that conclusion.

However, peronally, for me, death is not the issue. I have no fear of death. It comes to us all. How I face that death is a different matter.

I take it you're a somewhat informed individual with a somewhat own perspective(a mason). You do know that the impressionable folk outnumber you by a whole bunch of thousands right? And those that are impressionable or those who have a weak standing in society are tricked by organized religions into certain beliefs - which can go against the very faith these people proclaim to carry in their hearts!

Now, my friend, I am not trying to incite religious hatred or any ranting by this thread. What I was trying to illustrate is the way that the PTB and media create situations, such as this, and use it as a tool in order to illicit the type of response it has.

The way you illustrate it leaves me wondering if you understand what you're saying.

When you say:

Now, who can tell me if this person would have been arrested if it was a copy of the Bible that was burned?

You incite that very division the media/religious authorities want to see. We are in the day and age that we shouldn't care whether it is a Koran, a Bible, a manual on changing tires etc. yet we(the general populace) do!

I'm glad you got the chance to explain your view more accurately, I get what you are saying now, which was impossible from just the first sentence as it seemed to do the very thing you say you wanted to point out. Fair enough friend.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
It seems to me (One outside both religions) that if one were an extremest Christian, one would be a total passivist, always offering the other cheek.

I could be all militant with a gun and yelling crazy crap and call myself a Christan and it wouldn't make me any more a Christian than I am.

I keep wondering what is going to happen when the numbers in Britain of combined Hindus, druids and pagans grows, and how they will be getting along with the Muslims. Muslims don't like to tolerate pagans so well. They all tend towards nonviolence but pagans are not always so turn the other cheek.

Well said and valid points!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

You're a mason right?

Then you should know that deep down, organized religion has EVERYTHING to do with it. You say it is mistrust that creates the window of oppurtunity for control freaks, well that mistrust is based on religious views, whether your own or not.

It is all about building FEAR. After fear there's a whole washlist of things like mistrust, paranoia, greed, vengeance, jealousy etc.

And what are people afraid of most? Death. And what explains death in a way that has scared the jeebus out of people since a good few thousand years? Religion.

The very mistrust you quote is mistrust against a religion that is not understood. Lack of understanding is one pillar of fear, can you find the others?

lol. Educate yourself. All masons are NOT religious. Did you even know that there are factions of masons that are satainists? Athiests?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Thank you. We are both on the level, as a Mason would say. LOL

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Do you feel that we are bashing your beliefs? I dont want to take your example and INDIRECTLY say... Oh! You must be a muslim!

Because you can't. Because you don't understand what I'm saying.

Apart from that, great wall of text with a whole bunch of assumptions(holes) in it. Congratulations

Now, lets not go off-topic as there are already posters who have understood the article at hand and the idea behind it.

lol. Educate yourself. All masons are NOT religious. Did you even know that there are factions of masons that are satainists? Athiests?

Yes. I did know this. But thanks for yet another irrelevant reply. I'll make sure to print it out and use it as wallpaper so as to never forget that which I know.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i'm going to sell "holy books" and lighters. i've no use for them other than to stay warm.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

this is why alot of us in the western world think that muslims are dangerous. when someone insults their religion, there are islamists that want to physically punish or even kill that person. this type of deadly and extreme thinking is exactly what divides us. the freedom of thought, coupled with the freedom of NOT excepting religous doctrine, is foriegn to muslims. they see it as a threat to their culture, thus, a threat to them individually.

there are only two reasons why muslims would come to a western country, one, would be to seek the type of freedom westerners enjoy, or two, to try and change that particular western country's culture over to a islamic culture and governance.

even as a left leaning democrat, i can see why there is suspicion and distrust among western people, toward the islamic people, that choose to move and live in western countries.

edit on 25-11-2010 by jimmyx because: puctuation

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I wonder of this girl knew why she did this, wether it was a random act she thought would insult muslims, or wether she knew how harsh it was to burn the Koran.

It didn't say anything about that in the report, and also, it said there were no "Deep Probems" in the area.
So maybe she just did it to spite muslims because she heard or saw someone else do it.

I can't imagine a 15 year old girl who lives in a coucil estate really knows the meaning behind the Koran for muslims, or the hatred implied in burning it

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join