It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SITUATION: In a WW3 scenario, what do you think the chances are of the US marching to annex Canada,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just to clarify for everyone - this is a hypothetical situation, not a crazy prediction or anything... I am only looking for an open discussion, and your opinions.

ANNEX - The incorporation of territory into another geo-political entity. The territory and population being annexed is the smaller, more peripheral, and weaker of the two merging entities, barring physical size.

SITUATION: Suppose the United States, under the guise of a "false-flag" or propaganda, convinced the American public that the US military must move North, to annex Canada, merging the two countries into one.

In my other topic, I mentioned a Fallout 3 reference to this scenario. There is a slide in the game of a news report titled "US to annex Canada!". Also, in Fallout 1, the opening scene (which can be viewed below) has a slide that reads "Our boys keeping the peace in newly annexed Canada", which is followed by a depiction of two soldiers (presumably US soldiers) executing a man on camera, and then waving?? Very strange.
(Coincidentally, the Fallout series is chock full of symbolism and other strange messages)

WOULD you support this, and WHY would you want to merge with Canada? It's really cold up here, seriously. As I type this my hands are freezing because my igloo is quite cold.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NeedsNoName

Never happen..I don't think even the gullible US sheeple are that silly..
They are waking up and would not tolerate an attack on a friendly neighbour..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I agree. The American people would never go for such a thing. Unless, that is, there was a promise of free Molson involved. If that were the case then I say we launch an all out attack.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i think you need to stop looking too much into fallout. Canada would not be annexed but be united against a mass push through north america. forces from both sides i presume would be on both sides of the border.
taking fallout a bit too literally.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
you better say nill so help me god
second

Ps our prime minister has already pledged our country
to another counttry
and it ain't you

PPS they already own the US too so ,,

anger not directed at OP

edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Okay then, try this on for size... ever heard of the Amero?

It's the currency shared by Canada, Mexico and... the USA.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think there would be bigger issues needing attention by the US at the time of ww3, than this...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
0% chance.

Canada has very strong interests in the future of the U.S. for obvious reasons.

In turn, we have a very strong interest in Canada's well being. We would be allies in a world war under almost any circumstance. The only way I can imagine Canada being a threat to us is if the EU decided to wage war against the U.S. in which case the Canadians may find a greater interest in Annexing our soil for themselves.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

we have lots of land, we don't need more
we don't really like the EU,
look what it has done to the EU
if you guys need a hand just ask
bring your hats and mits though.

we have already been annexed by Israel, just ask our PM

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NeedsNoName

Canada is the US' trusty dog companion and best friend. Canada put up the means to sniff out the ballistic threats and get monetary treats by way of purchases of natural resources. Tactically if you think about it, if the Canada was part of the US the cost to defend the territory would be astronomical. The arrangement is simple, Canada will do most everything the US wishes and maintain a face in the world stage as a peaceful country which few if any have their sights set on.

It's a partnership made in heaven.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

To be clear, I just wanted to provide a "potential" situation in which we might have a conflict during a world war.

My 0% chance stands as my position on either country trying to harm the other.

We openly and proudly love our neighbors to the North. I am convinced that Canada has quietly kept us from self destructing many times. We are the naughty teenagers of the western world and someone has to be pulling us aside and talking some sense into us now and then.

P.S. If we ever get around to spanking our government for being bad, please invade on behalf of the free peoples of the United States if Uncle Sam pulls his gun on us.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Canada is the halo of the US? The sub-concious voice from up above? The voice of reason etc?
-I like it, perhaps you are correct.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
reply to post by Danbones

P.S. If we ever get around to spanking our government for being bad, please invade on behalf of the free peoples of the United States if Uncle Sam pulls his gun on us.

I wonder if American's revolted, do you think would they form a freedom fighting league? Like a "People's Liberation Army of America" ?
edit on 24-11-2010 by NeedsNoName because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes, I am certain there would be groups of resistance organized. The Heartland of America still houses peoples militias, which is a right of the people. These groups are of course targeted as terrorists (like everyone and everything else that isn't convenient for the US government), but they still exist.

How large and effective those groups would be isn't something I have enough knowledge to guess at. You can bet they are watching the governments actions like a hawk though.

All of our major founding documents are understood through the views expressed in the Declaration of Independence and that document clearly expresses the founders belief that it is not only the right of free people, but the DUTY of free people, to remove and replace any system of government that fails to serve the interests of the citizens of a nation.

In light of these guiding principles, on which the very existence of America is predicated, people have the opportunity to judge the behavior of the U.S. government for themselves and decide if they are being served in an appropriate manner or not.

All of those "crazy", "terrorist" groups have been warning the rest of us that things were getting ugly for decades now. Most of us, including myself, wrote them off as whackos.

I guess we have had it so good, we lost value for the foundational beliefs that built our nation in the first place.

I hope it isn't to late to save the "Land of the Free" and the "Arsenal of Democracy".. Otherwise it will continue to be used as the Arsenal of Domination.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And as in Fallout 3 apparently someone forgot,,, that Canada,, also has nuke capability,, shhhhh.

(and we've already burned washington once, don't make us impolite now,,)

so annexing Canada,, can't see it myself. I mean all our resources are being shipped their already ,, and u don't have to pick up the labour costs,, so why disrupt an already functional supply line.?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
hey Fibrex
no prob
I understand where you are coming from...
as opposed to
There have been people like author Clive Cussler..who maintain the US should annex Canada..
for selfish reasons by the sound of things...

If we were to get a constitution and bill of rights like the US, which is actually meant to endure,
I would definity consider it, as it night be an improvement.
But if we were to be annexed like Hawaii was, at the point of a gun boat..then not so much

Canadians have earned a reputation during several wars for being professioal and highly respected soldiers,
but at some point reality has to set in
we will probably be sold out via the NAU or some such, where we are all under the same boot like in the eu. and that doesn't look like a good place to be.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Nope. Nothing I see points to that anyway. The North American Union is more of a possibility than just out of the blue snatching Canada. Thats been sniffed around on for a while and though I really dont know personally, Ive seen things mentioned in other threads that look like others see this as well.

Invade Canada? We the people would NEVER stand for it.. Id bet on it. To invade.. never. To join together and lose our national identity?? some moron might just do that.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeedsNoName
Okay then, try this on for size... ever heard of the Amero?

It's the currency shared by Canada, Mexico and... the USA.

The American dollar is not based on gold like the Canadian dollar is. Canada had better never accept a joined currency with the United States because the American dollar is not concrete and would drag the Canadian markets down with America if the current American monetary system sinks.

I'm sure the general population of Canada is aware of this, and Canadians these days aren't inclined to be trampled on by the government like they were before.... and like they see happening with their neighbours to the south. Who knows, though. Maybe the constant onslaught of nonsensical legislation from Health Canada will wear them out.
edit on 26-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't discount Fallout... we have a form of vult tech in the world.. some russian company building them all across the country.. could be a fortelling ya know? the war with china according to fallout started as a cold war.. and last almost 77 years to 2077 before it with nuclear so yeah were right on track with the fallout timeline lol..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
In the event of WW3, the US can't invade Canada.

Why would you tie up resources in an invasion with a country that is considered your "best friend", when there would be much better things those resources could be doing?

If WW3 does happen, all available resources will be used for defence or offense with the "other" side.

Canada, even at the behest of the world, couldn't be on the other side because it would be suicide. We would become the battlefield. That leaves our only option as neutrality or siding with the US. With either of those, the US would have the same level of access to our resources as they do now, negating any "need" for an invasion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join