It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black friday, what do u add to your gun collection/

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i recommend a mossberg shotgun a m9 and a glock because a glock is easy enough to use in tight areas as is the m9. The m9 however is easier to use in my opinion but all civilian 9mils are not very powerful but they sell military grade m9s at most gunstores they may be cheap they may not be. Any mossberg shotgun ive used is relatively comfortable and posses a lot of stopping power but not much penetration if you use the recommended type of shell

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
,, reply to post by Advantage

Thank you for all your information. I have shot the shotguns and I hate them, they scare the hell out of me. I probably should try some of the the longer barrel higher caliber revolvers or pistols. I do so believe you that people walk in the ER being shot with 22`s and 9mm. I have heard when you get shot sometimes you can`t even feel it. And I know these people on drugs are nuts.
My neighbor two doors down was the victim of a home invasion they were pregnant with their first child and it was this time of year several years ago. Two guys kicked in their door when they were inside the house. They did not own guns at the time but do now.
Thats when I also took an interest in guns, I am a single female that lives alone. I have the Glock 17 which is a 9 mm I do have two 33 round clips for it that are fully loaded as well as two other clips that hold about 16 each with one in the chamber.
I too live in a city that is becoming riddled with crime. I grew up in this city but do not go out at night anymore unless its am emergency. I am now thinking about concealed carry but I would need to acquire a permit to do so in our state.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I would be happy with a Cheytac Intervention or a .50 BMG Rifle

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Well, I'm experimenting with a few different patterns. I'm looking into digital organic pixel pattern transitional camo which isn't on the open market yet(I'm trying to find someone who has it). I'm buying Multicam, I have UCP, UCP-D and BDU already. As far as prices and availability are concerned it really depends on what you want. UCP D is hard to get and very pricey because it's an uncommon pattern still being tested in Afghanistan, but you can get it. The Organic Pixel Transitional camo is the stuff I want to get a hold of. You can literally disappear with that stuff on.
edit on 24-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
If weapon restrictions weren't so tight here (or if the wife didn't have an issue with me owning weapons) I'd like to grab a few weapons - starting with a 1911, Ithica 37 (Slam fire!), and an AK/AKSU.

Seeing as that's not going to happen, I'll just stick with my Nerf guns and Viking re-enactment weapons for now.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Had to make my daily review of my favorite ATS forums.. happy Thanksgiving everyone.. I believe 1 person should only have 6 firearms.. all modified to their personal use.. listed below not in any particular order are mine..

1. 12g shotgun...i have a mossy 500, ATI folding/collaspable stock, streamlite flashlite, NCstar green laser & a M-79 gl (not that a laser or a grenade launcher is need on a shotgun) lol..

2 An assult rifle that fires 223.. i chose a Ruger Mini-14... for many reasons over an AR !!!.. again an ATI folding/collaspable stock.. streamlite flashlite, NCstar green laser, M-79, leupold mark 4 scope (for sniping) a Bushnell red dot (close quarters)& harris bi-pod, with 17 Ruger 20 rd mags..

3. Any 22 cal rifle.. i have your basic/stock Ruger 10/22.. i'm currently working on modifying..

4. A hand gun.. i have a glock 21.. (45 cal).. again with the above light and laser

5. Another hand gun.. I have a Desert Eagle XIX ( 44 cal)

6. A hunting rifle.. i have a Winchester 70.. bolt action.. 7mm .. again with the Leupold mark 4 scope

7. ok i lied.. who wouldnt want a browning 50 cal sniper???? dont have one , but would love too..

so to answer your question.. imo 1 person should not have much more than this.. i suggest modifying your current collection, or if your satisfied with the way they are geared, get more ammo!!!... never can have too much ammo!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
the new H&R pump shotgun for 200 is fine.
you can get a cz-82 makarov 12 shot auto pistol for 200.
hi-point 45 cal carbine sounds good for the money.
kel tech prm30- a 30 shot 22 magnum pistol. cool by me.
the sub-2000 is nifty.
saiga auto shotgun.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
How about a lot of gun oil and a machine / smelting contraption that makes shells/bullets?

Fat lot of good the toys will do you if you run out of ammo..

And maybe a backup knife/machete and a crossbow?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by windyday2010

While my 7.62x54r PSL has very good range I would love to own a 338 lapua. It even rivals a 50 cal in my opinion. If you have not heard of it Google search and be amazed.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
,, reply to post by Advantage

Thank you for all your information. I have shot the shotguns and I hate them, they scare the hell out of me. I probably should try some of the the longer barrel higher caliber revolvers or pistols. I do so believe you that people walk in the ER being shot with 22`s and 9mm. I have heard when you get shot sometimes you can`t even feel it. And I know these people on drugs are nuts.
My neighbor two doors down was the victim of a home invasion they were pregnant with their first child and it was this time of year several years ago. Two guys kicked in their door when they were inside the house. They did not own guns at the time but do now.
Thats when I also took an interest in guns, I am a single female that lives alone. I have the Glock 17 which is a 9 mm I do have two 33 round clips for it that are fully loaded as well as two other clips that hold about 16 each with one in the chamber.
I too live in a city that is becoming riddled with crime. I grew up in this city but do not go out at night anymore unless its am emergency. I am now thinking about concealed carry but I would need to acquire a permit to do so in our state.

well for one .. the sound of a shotgun being chambered is pretty scary, along with a light attached to, pointing at you, blinding you.. but ok... as long as you have a 33 rnd clip... be sure to squeeze of 32 rds into the torso and 1 more ... just to make sure...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I've got a surplus CZ-82 and a S&W NY1 Model 64 on my list. I doubt I will see either, but I have a thing for old cop guns.

Plus you can get the CZ with two clips for $230 with the transfer fee. It would be kind of like carrying a Walther PPK with 12 rounds. The 9x18 ammo is only $120 for 500 rounds. So it is much cheaper to run at the range than a .380.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
reply to post by Iamherefornow

I'm more worried about the .223s even with frangible rounds.

Try the 60gr Hornady V-max round. They penetrate about three or four inches before dumping about 60% of their energy. It makes a nice temporary cavitity, plus leaves about a 1.6" permanent cavity. Add to that the little bits of lead flying off. You get multiple small bleeders.

There is a 124gr version of the V-max in 7.62x39.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

It depends on how you plan to carry ir, how much you practice and what you shoot most efficiently. If you aren't a big shooter I would avoid the pocket sized .380s and 9mms. They tend to be a bit abusive and off putting for new shooters. Also avoid the .38 special in +p as well as the .357 magnum in "snub nose" revolvers.

What is best for you depends on a lot of variables. It would be best to go to a dedicated firearms forum and ask for assistance there.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowman9364

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
reply to post by Advantage

well for one .. the sound of a shotgun being chambered is pretty scary, along with a light attached to, pointing at you, blinding you.. but ok... as long as you have a 33 rnd clip... be sure to squeeze of 32 rds into the torso and 1 more ... just to make sure...

Well the sound of a 12ga cocking also gives away your position and lets the bad guy know where you are. If you have a light attached that is like giving him a birthday and a christmas present at the same time. All he has to do is hunker down and wait for the light. Chances are he'll be able to get you first. He'll be able to take the time to asess the situation and take a proper hiding spot. All he'll have to do is wait for you to enter the room and boom it is over.

While a 33 round clip is nice spray and pray is not a good tactic. Depending on who you talk to there are three more common schools of thought.

The first (in this list not commonality) is what I call the "six in six" school of thought. The idea is to dump six shots in the area between the nipples in six seconds or less. Then you pause to see if you need to keep firing. This is good if you are facing a single person.

The second is what I call the "double tap and think" school of thought. Basically it says that you should shoot twice in rapid succession. The shots should be aimed center of mass and grouped as closely as possible. Then you pause for a spilt second to see if they are still coming. If they are moving shoot again.

The third comes from the old military drills. The modern name for it is the "failure drill." You fire two shots in to the center of mass. If the person is still a threat the third shot goes to the head.

However, all os the above styles have limitations. Each situation is different and will require adapting. No matter what gun you have practice is key. The NYPD has proven that 21 shots can fail to kill a person. Of course there have been more than a few people laid low by a single well placed shot.
edit on 27-11-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We need a couple of new magazines ... a glock 9 mil and a glock short 45. Ours are a bit old and the springs are kinda .. well .. not as springy as they should be. My husband wants a cross bow. Not exactly a gun .. but I suppose I could put that on the wish list.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
AKS74U
some frags
some thermal

Playing a bit too much Call of Duty Black Ops?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
AKS74U
some frags
some thermal

Playing a bit too much Call of Duty Black Ops?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Enjoying this thread. I have several rifles but am currently 18 MONTHS into my pistol permit process (Erie, Co. NY.) Oh, they're very strict here. I've passed a federal Dept. of Treasury background check before so I anticipate no prbs. I've been perusing the avail pieces at the local gun store and still don't know which to pick. I must say though, in response to the woman the finds the kick of the .38 a bit much. My brother and law and I go shooting a lot. His 9mm Glock has a healthy kick, but surprisingly, his Colt 1911 has a very manageable, less intense kick. I don't know why. Maybe it's the weight of the gun or something and invite someone to weigh in on that. I was the victim of a home invasion once. Some dudes kicked in my front door. This was before I owned even one weapon. I remember by some sort of reflex I reached under my mattress for a weapon only to realize I had nothing! Weird, I know. I'm alive though. I have two shotguns--ones a Remington 5 shot semi auto, Got a pistol crossbow, a Ruger .22 LR w/ 32 rnd..mag. (don't think they're legal here anymore), Love that gun. And an AK47 as well as an Uzi 9mm. I love the AK. Kicks pretty good though. I put a target on a large tree once and was shooting at it w/ the AK and the whole tree came down! Very dependable weapon, too. I tend to by the Wolf Rounds. they're pretty cheap, like 20 for $8.99, though they fire a bit dirty and require that you clean the gun more often. On my wish list I have the Seika .308 and yes, of course a .50 like a Barret on display at the gun store (they want ten grand). I'm thinking when the permit ever comes through I’ll go for a Walther P22 and the second, larger gun I'm still undecided on.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Corbin Dalus because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kre8tor

Cheytac Intervention is great for sure.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by awfitz

no, i'm a lil too old to be playin games

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>