It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black friday, what do u add to your gun collection/

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Whomever mentioned the Mossberg Persuader 12g.. thats one of the home defense weapons we have.
I keep light load in it so if I need to fire it in the house it wont penetrate the walls and hit one of the kids. Its by far my favorite shotgun.

Here is my xmas wish Ive bugged the hubby about all year.
The Baby Desert Eagle! Im a small female and Ive shot this gun.. its FANTASTIC! Made by bad ass Hebrews..
Of course if I were a little larger Id be all over the original Desert Eagle!

www.magnumresearch.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Very nice piece!! Haven't seen one before, but it has everything I really want in a 9mm!! My main issue with the Glock is the clip release. I like that kind of release better, plus it just looks like a sweet piece!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
reply to post by Advantage

Very nice piece!! Haven't seen one before, but it has everything I really want in a 9mm!! My main issue with the Glock is the clip release. I like that kind of release better, plus it just looks like a sweet piece!

Heck yeah, the price is the best Ive found so far.. wanted to share
They wanted almost 800 to order me one at our local cheesy gun shop. I live in Illinois, so there is no surprise there with the inflated BS price! One thing I know about the Desert Eagle is the quality. Hubby has a regular one.. its something like a 44 or whatever.. WAY too powerful for me to comfortably handle. Never an issue with his gun and he messes around with it a LOT and isnt gentle with his equipment. Ive used Sigs and Glocks.. this baby eagle blows them out of the water.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

I have a Glock 17 its for the bedroom night stand, if I had the money I would buy another one(Glock 17 for the living room). It is by far my favorite gun I have ever had. I have had a Mossburg Persuader that I sold to the neighbor for cheap I was afraid if I shot that off in the house I would probably hit more of my animals that I would an intruder. Had a 38 special that had way to much recoil(as I am female). I do have some 22`s for plinking.
As for the Glock, it never jams no matter what ammo I put through it and does sight just fine at the range and does not have to much recoil for me. I know they say a 9 mm in not powerful enough to take down an intruder but if I can hit them with about 5 or 6 shells I bet they will go down. By the way I also have two 33 round clips for it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

Yeah I have one too and I can't really complain about it! The only real issue other than preference and aesthetics is the fact that you cannot baby it even a little to chamber a round or it won't seat. If I let off the slide even 1/4 inch and let go it won't chamber for me. I wish the slide hold would kick in when you manually release the clip and clear the chamber. That way I could use the slide release when I reload it after switching out munitions. Also I wish they didn't all friggen shoot left from the factory. I'm holding off on having it tweaked in to see if Santa brings me a nice set of Trijicon night sights.

Edit to add:

You can get special 12ga shells that are meant to not penetrate inside home walls for home defense. I don't blame you for getting rid of it though for the simple fact of it being semi auto. I prefer pump action sooooo much more. One for reliability and secondly because everyone knows the sound of a pump chambering a round. I get giddy just thinking about it!! Nine times out of ten an intruder will run for the hills just from the sound of a 12 gauge pump. That to me, is worth it's weight in intimidation factor alone.
edit on 23-11-2010 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Yes thats why I bought the 12 gauge it was simply the sound of racking the thing will send them running I had the Persuader 500 pump shotgun with a pistol grip. No I was worried about the splatter of the shell rounds inside of the house, I have cats and I never know where they all are at one time. At least with the Glock shells they go one place and hopefully into the intruder.
Have you ever had a gunsmith look at your Glock? Mine is right on at the range. Did you buy it new?
edit on 23-11-2010 by Iamherefornow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windyday2010

I will be getting a grenade launcher, also getting a .50 caliber M2 machine gun

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yeah, it was new. I never got around to having it adjusted as I've been wanting to replace the factory sights all together. When I get around to it, I'll take it to a gunsmith to install and sight the new ones in. For now at 30 yards if I want to center up on something intruder size, I adjust by aiming at their imaginary inside left shoulder and I'll center punch targets all day long. If you do some research, you'll see that shooting left is a habit of factory Glocks. You must have got the lucky factory oddball! =D

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by windyday2010

I will be getting a grenade launcher, also getting a .50 caliber M2 machine gun

You must have been a really good boy this year!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

yes, and I have the right connections to be able to get the merchandise. Just hard to find a place to shoot either.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Yes me and my neighbor have both shot my Glock at the range. He loved it. He could not afford a Glock at the time but got a good deal on a used other brand of 9 mm. Thats the first time I have ever heard that about Glocks. My other friend has a Glock .40 caliber but I have not been to the range to shoot with her yet.
Is this all Glocks that are off? or just the 17`s

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by PayMeh

yes, and I have the right connections to be able to get the merchandise. Just hard to find a place to shoot either.

Just take them to your local gun range and if anyone looks at you funny or says anything just shrug at them and ask "what?" lol
edit on 23-11-2010 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I'd steer clear of the Glocks in .40 cal. The ammo is way more expensive and not that much of a size difference. It's all Glocks that tend to shoot left not just the 17s. I use that as a speaking point when talking to people about knowing their guns and practicing with every one you plan on using. Honestly I wish there was a standard sight that all manufacturers used. One standard for rifles, one for handguns, and one for shotguns. Switching between 3 guns with 3 different sights is a pain in the but unless you practice a lot.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Also, I'm not worried about stopping power of a 9mm. I think it's more than enough stopping power. I'm more worried about the .223s even with frangible rounds. If you're really worried about the 9mm though, the 1911 .45 has more stopping power than the M1 Garand. I watched old video where they were plinking targets with the Garand then pulled out their 1911 and it spun the target almost fully around.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Probably couldn't get in the door. Im hoping to get out a friends many acre farm.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

I have never shot anything in a pistol above a .38 and the gun was to small and had way to much recoil for me. Of course they always try to sell you a .45 or .357 at the gun store I knew that would be way to much gun for me. I do know women who are not afraid of the higher caliber guns but they are not for me. I can`t stand the recoil.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I understand that completely. I have a Kel-tec in .38 and .32. They try to jump out of my hands after every shot. Honestly, don't worry about the 9mm and stopping power for home defense. All fire coming inside a home is going to be 10-15 yards MAX if not way closer. For the application, it's more important to know how to properly clear your home both from the outside coming into a robbery in progress and inside dealing with being trapped by an intruder. If you know how to do that, chances are caliber doesn't really matter so much.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

What would be a good gun for concealed carry? In Ohio we can carry if we have a permit, I am considering getting mine. The Glock is just to big to carry around.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Nothing punctuates the Thanks Giving holidays like adding to the ol'gun collection. Guns are what brought those pesky reds to their knees. Hooolla. I recommend bazookas for everyone. Or a nice pair of Tommy Hilfinger slacks. Or both!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
reply to post by PayMeh

Yes thats why I bought the 12 gauge it was simply the sound of racking the thing will send them running I had the Persuader 500 pump shotgun with a pistol grip. No I was worried about the splatter of the shell rounds inside of the house, I have cats and I never know where they all are at one time. At least with the Glock shells they go one place and hopefully into the intruder.
Have you ever had a gunsmith look at your Glock? Mine is right on at the range. Did you buy it new?
edit on 23-11-2010 by Iamherefornow because: (no reason given)

We have the Moss Persuader and use light loads so I dont penetrate the walls if I need to use it. I have 3 kids and 3 dogs.. but I see the necessity of using the shotgun over a handgun. Especially with multiple intruders or one on drugs. The handgun is just a stopgap to get me to my Mossberg.
If you have not actually had to use your firearm for an intruder its hard to comprehend, but you wont be aiming and would do better with something with not only more stopping power, but a wider path.
Plus, and this is no #, Im an ER nurse and have seen it myself.. people can get shot numerous times by a 22 or 9 and **walk** in my ER. Bleeding cursing swiss cheese. I truly swear to you its common. If its not a head shot I wouldnt trust a handgun of those 2 cal to get me out of harms way. Ive seen people BROUGHT in with shotgun blasts.. some darned near blown in half. I worked in an inner city hosp that was the largest and best trauma hospital in the tri-state area. Ive seen way too many homeowners come in shot by their own weapons.. mainly their hand guns. Ive also seen enough gun related injuries to last me a lifetime. more than once we had attempted suicides with a 22 to the head. Im just NOT trusting the lower cal handguns to get the where I want to be.. alive.

Funny how being an RN gave me a heads up on my home defense strategies, eh? LOL!

I live in a 100 yr old historic home.. its huge.. I also live in a high crime area. We are having an issue with others coming in the town and doing home invasions and the like. Now theyre renting here since they already destroyed their own town. Long story about a famous area.
ANyway, I listened to where people were when they were assaulted initially.. I staged the home with weapons where Id need them in my own home according to what Id been told. We also have flood lights and surveillance cameras.. that is my first line of defense as I got the bulky ones w/ night vision cheap of of ebay that could be seen by an idiot that wants to rob and posted signs about the video surveillance.
If they are dumb or high enough to go past that first line defense, I sure have a surprise for them: A trained American Bulldog at 100 LBS and ME. We suffered a home invasion.. thank god we werent hurt or killed.. just violated, scared to death, and robbed. Ive learned my lesson..I hope someone will take what Ive learned and apply it so they NEVER have to go through that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join