It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun pulls a complete 360 on it's axis.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
We have got to get ATS to create some sort of 'flag down' button, so people who actually think can sort of balance out threads like this, so they do not become the top flagged threads for no reason. I enjoy reading the home page top flagged threads, but they usually disgust me and leave me with the feeling that ATS is hopeless.

I know its the mods job to move a thread into a hoax bin, or whatever.. but regardless, it takes 20 people to believe that the sun is suddenly doing kart wheels to flag a thread and get it to the top, all the while ignoring the posts from people screaming that it's simply the camera re-orientating, and we can't do anything about it- as we count how fast the flag counter goes up..

BTW, a speck on a lens of a camera that is rotating would NOT change position. It OBVIOUSLY would stay in the same spot (in respect to the frame), while the image appears to be the one rotating.
Having to shout the obvious is pathetic.
edit on 11/23/2010 by aayler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
No

Look at the pics above again

If that was dirt it would move with the movement of the cam/sataellite as it re-positions its self but it doesn't, the object stays next to the suns bottom left hand side through out the entire video, As the satellite jults about & moves in every direction, its locked in the same place... So does the camera rotate inside the satellite ?

Its 100% not pixelation problems, because that area seems to be fine when there is a CME engulfing the object and thats evident enough above in the pics, people are just throwing anything they can at this without even watching the video, Properly!

If the spot was on the sensor, it would not move in the frame. As the spacecraft rotates, the location of the spot relative to the sun would change, exactly as we see. But spot itself would stay at the exact same location in the frame.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
The EVE MEGS-SAM instrument uses a pinhole camera. There is no lens. The fact that this "speck" stays stationary during the HMI roll maneuver most likely means it is on the sensor. I would guess there is some debris on the sensor or a malfunction in the pixels at that location that cause them to read low or top out at a lower than normal threshold. Thus, even when surrounding pixels bloom, this area remains darker.

The fact that it does remain stationary in the frame during the HMI roll maneuver certainly means it is not an external object.

This area "Does Not" remain darker thoughout the footage, please look & the pictures above... the CME is covering the Dark Object/pixelation, meaning it is inside the CME, the object is visible as the CME is behind & to the right of it, its obviously being highlighted by the CMEs and is probably coursing them to flare up just as it passes the object, nowhere else on the video footage do we see some big CME flashes other than when the zone passes the object in question i find that pretty odd, i wonder what the odds of that are?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The SUN?

You mean THE SUN?

Hold on a sec.....

Nope, just threw on a welding helmet and went outside to check. The Sun looks the same. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aayler

Lots of crazy things have happened on/near the Sun recently.

On the day of the Haiti earthquake, a large sunspot appeared in the shape of the Haitian Island group. Then, several weeks later, another sunspot appeared, this one in the shape of an island group in the Pacific -- that island group had just had an earthquake. Shortly after that, the Olympics were starting and five sunspots appeared on the surface of the Sun, in the giant shape of the Olympic Emblem -- a "W". (Olympic emblem is five rings in the shape of a “W”).

There have been swirls and other shapes appear on the Sun, and in the thread about the strange "black spot", there also appeared black "spacecraft" (more than one of them) moving across the Sun.

Now, this flipping, and there are two black spots (dots).

All the Planets and words describing comets, asteroids, etc. translate to words containing the word "Math".

The word "Sun = “Magic Alien Math All Numbers”.

If that is the case -- having the Sun flip would be no big deal for Aliens/God.

See the websites listed on my websites in my Profile.

edit on 23-11-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Sorry but if this was something attached to the satellite then it would MOVE with the thing when it re-orientates it self YES?

Noooooo.... If it was attached to the lense, then it would NEVER MOVE!
I don't understand why people are thinking the speck would move if it was attached to the lens. Of course it wouldn't! How could it move if its attached to the lens???? If something was attached to the bottom left side of a lens, that's where it would stay, even if you flipped the camera, and even if the sun flipped. And clearly in the video, it never moves. If the speck were to move at all, then it wouldn't be attached to the lens, and it would have appeared to flipped with whatever else you would be filming.

The speck is there in all your stills, you just cant see it when there is no light behind it to silhouette it. This should be apparent after viewing one still where the speck is partially visible, due to partial light behind it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

"THE" Sun? Uh, no... I think "The" Sun is correct.
One star for welding helmets, though!

edit on 11/23/2010 by aayler because: who cares

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

This area "Does Not" remain darker thoughout the footage, please look & the pictures above... the CME is covering the Dark Object/pixelation, meaning it is inside the CME, the object is visible as the CME is behind & to the right of it, its obviously being highlighted by the CMEs and is probably coursing them to flare up just as it passes the object, nowhere else on the video footage do we see some big CME flashes other than when the zone passes the object in question i find that pretty odd, i wonder what the odds of that are?

The only reason you are seeing the spot is because it is highlighted by the flare behind it (not even sure if that was a CME event).

If you go back and look at a movie covering the events of August 1st, you'll see several Earth-facing CMEs take place, none of which are near this "object."

And the fact that the spot remains in exactly the same location in the frame during the October 12th HMI roll maneuver means this isn't an "object" at all. It's an artifact on the sensor.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Earth pulls a 360:

Obviously, it is the airplane that is rolling. Obviously, it is the satellite that is rolling. Obviously the controversial speck in the video is in some way affixed to the satellite, as the pilot is to the airplane, Really, people....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by aayler

Sorry but if this was something attached to the satellite then it would MOVE with the thing when it re-orientates it self YES?

Noooooo.... If it was attached to the lense, then it would NEVER MOVE!
I don't understand why people are thinking the speck would move if it was attached to the lens. Of course it wouldn't! How could it move if its attached to the lens???? If something was attached to the bottom left side of a lens, that's where it would stay, even if you flipped the camera, and even if the sun flipped. And clearly in the video, it never moves. If the speck were to move at all, then it wouldn't be attached to the lens, and it would have appeared to flipped with whatever else you would be filming.

The speck is there in all your stills, you just cant see it when there is no light behind it to silhouette it. This should be apparent after viewing one still where the speck is partially visible, due to partial light behind it.

Yes but the Lense/Camera is attached to the satellite, AND correct me if im wrong your saying the satellite moved 360 not the sun, so why is the object in the same place at all times appearing when CMEs go of and disappearing when a CME goes of right over the object? doesn't seem like theres anything wrong with that spot to me the pixels work fine becausae its recording thos flashes in the vacinity of the CMEs going off. have a look the frame snap shots posted again,

And try this...

Pick up an object and put it to the left of your Monitor

Hold it strait out...

Lock your arm

Then would you kindly move around your monitor as the camera would spin still looking at the sun (the sun is your monitor)

You will find the object/dot moves with you LOL

Yes so its on/in the camera still is it?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Watch the video I posted above, please.
Second line.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
The SUN?

You mean THE SUN?

Hold on a sec.....

Nope, just threw on a welding helmet and went outside to check. The Sun looks the same. Sorry.

Yeah we know that it corrected it self in a matter of hours in the video, "Another who did not watch the video"

Im not sure how you could see such a thing though a welding helmet almost a month later anyway

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

On the day of the Haiti earthquake, a large sunspot appeared in the shape of the Haitian Island group.

NO...it didn't.

Then, several weeks later, another sunspot appeared, this one in the shape of an island group in the Pacific....

NO, they didn't.

Shortly after that, the Olympics were starting and five sunspots appeared on the surface of the Sun, in the giant shape of the Olympic Emblem -- a "W".

NO, nothing like that happened.

There have been swirls and other shapes appear on the Sun, and in the thread about the strange "black spot", there also appeared black "spacecraft" (more than one of them) moving across the Sun.

NO, there aren't.

Now, this flipping, and there are two black spots..

There was NO "flipping" involving the Sun, in any way.

the Planets and words describing comets, asteroids, etc. translate to words containing the word "Math".

NO, not in this reality.

The word "Sun = “Magic Alien Math All Numbers”.

NO. Only in 'DelusionalLand' (soon to open at a Disney Theme Park near you...next to "FrontierLand").

If that is the case -- having the Sun flip would be no big deal for Aliens/God.

??? OH, boy! Well, since there is no "god", that part is moot. AND, since the Sun didn't "flip" so is the "alien" part....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

hhahhahahahahaahahahahahahahha!!!!!

I'm sorry..

The speck doesn't move.... Its attached to the camera...

Did you catch this post on page 3 (i think)?

This is just a satellite roll maneuver.

There was one on the 12th of October this year too.

Go to the SDO gallery HERE and input the date and select the AIA 211 (purple) telescope and watch the movie.

On October 12 SDO successfully performed a 7-hour roll maneuver to help calibrate the HMI instrument calibration. The spacecraft roll started at same time as HGA handover operation. This complicated the operational sequences but did not stop either maneuver. While it is easy to point a space-based instrument at the center of the Sun it is more difficult to know the precise location of the Sun's rotation axis. Data from the roll maneuvers help the scientists to understand how their instrument response varies at different angles of the rotation axis. This is then used to more accurately remove the rotation effects from the data.

sdoisgo.blogspot.com...

edit on 11/23/2010 by aayler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by aayler

hhahhahahahahaahahahahahahahha!!!!!

I'm sorry..

The speck doesn't move.... Its attached to the camera...

Ok the spec does't move = the Camera/lense doesn't move = The Sun rotates 360

Is that what your saying ?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Watch the video I posted above, please.
Second line.

OK

I watched it DJWOO cool video

Now would you like to put a spec of dust on the cockpit window and follow it while the plane rotates and makes it look like the earth moves, thanks

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yeah we know that it corrected it self in a matter of hours in the video...

You thought that video was in real-time??

It was time-lapse.....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yes but the Lense/Camera is attached to the satellite, AND correct me if im wrong your saying the satellite moved 360 not the sun, so why is the object in the same place at all times appearing when CMEs go of and disappearing when a CME goes of right over the object? doesn't seem like theres anything wrong with that spot to me the pixels work fine becausae its recording thos flashes in the vacinity of the CMEs going off. have a look the frame snap shots posted again,

And try this...

Pick up an object and put it to the left of your Monitor

Hold it strait out...

Lock your arm

Then would you kindly move around your monitor as the camera would spin still looking at the sun (the sun is your monitor)

You will find the object/dot moves with you LOL

Yes so its on/in the camera still is it?

The camera is rolling, in the same sense an airplane rolls. That is, it stays pointing at the sun, and rotates around an axis that runs perpendicular to the plane of the image.

The sensor is always pointing in the same direction, its orientation just changes, which makes it looks like the sun rotates clockwise. Yet the spot remains in the same place relative tot he frame, meaning it must be rotating with the spacecraft.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Yeah we know that it corrected it self in a matter of hours in the video...

You thought that video was in real-time??

It was time-lapse.....

If i say NO will you tell me i did?

Anyways no i didn't think it was real time, it has a clock on the right hand side of the footage, why does it look real time to you ?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ok dude, you must be dyslexic. If there was a speck on the camera sensor, and the Sun flipped, the speck would stay the same.
And if there was a speck on the camera sensor and the camera flipped, again, the speck would stay the same.
If there was a object next to the Sun and the camera flipped, both the object AND the Sun would APPEAR to flip together.
If there was a object next to the sun, and the sun flipped, the object could remain in the same spot yes, but since that speck has been there for some time, and NEVER moves, we can extrapolate that it is attached to the camera in some fashion.

Ok? We good now??

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join