It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun pulls a complete 360 on it's axis.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Old vid.

But I agree.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2011 by spikester because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2011 by spikester because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here is some interesting reading. The Sun (and Earth) do have pole shifts, as we know....the last Sun pole shift was in 2002 ( I think...aprox), and the next they expect in 2012.....right now the Sun is going into an active period....which is the time the Sun does a shift...... and also why we are seeing so much action from the Sun. However, the video shows the SATELLITE doing a flip...NOT the Sun.....this is done ROUTINELY. The Sun has had pole shifts since the Sun was born. We are all still here. This is normal....this site is full of articles which explain a lot of these things...enjoy! science.nasa.gov...

edit on 25-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: correction

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here is more on the Sun's activity. Fascinating! We will likely see much more "strange" actiivity....but it's all normal science.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog
I think the most logical explanation is that the camera lens has an outer lenses shield to protect it from space dust. The outer lens remains fixed while the inner lens is free to rotate and adjust independent of the outer lens. Mystery solved.

if that's the case, then why are the stars around the sun not spinning and blurred as the details of the sun are?

-

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well I didn't see a post about this event and I thought, WTH.
I'll just revive and older thread.

The sun has "flipped upside down", with its north and south poles reversed to reach the midpoint of Solar Cycle 24, Nasa has said.

Now, the magnetic fields will once again started moving in opposite directions to begin the completion of the 22 year long process which will culminate in the poles switching once again.

"A reversal of the sun's magnetic field is, literally, a big event," said Nasa’s Dr. Tony Phillips.

"The domain of the sun's magnetic influence (also known as the 'heliosphere') extends billions of kilometers beyond Pluto. Changes to the field's polarity ripple all the way out to the Voyager probes, on the doorstep of interstellar space."

The sun has "flipped upside down", with its north and south poles reversed to reach the midpoint of Solar Cycle 24, Nasa has said.

Now, the magnetic fields will once again started moving in opposite directions to begin the completion of the 22 year long process which will culminate in the poles switching once again.

Sun has Flipped
Anyone Filling a Little Upside Down?

edit on 30-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Yes -- The Sun's poles have reversed, or at the very least, they almost totally reversed since the last solar maximum.

But to be clear (considering this was posted in this particular thread), the Sun itself did not physically spin upside-down, nor is the sun's spinning motion that is mentioned in the OP of this thread real, nor is that "apparent motion" related to the Solar magnetic reversal -- The alleged spinning of the Sun the OP mentioned was simply the SOHO spacecraft rolling on its axis while it was photographing the Sun

i.e., the camera spun around, not the Sun.

Back to the Sun's pole reversal...

As mentioned in the article, this happens every 11 or so years as part of the 11-year solar cycle (11 years between solar maximums). While this is technically a major change to the Sun's physical characteristics, it is not known to adversely affect life on Earth, considering life on Earth seemingly has been putting up with this regular and routine magmatic reversal for a very long time.

Not only is this completely normal for the Sun (it would be abnormal if it did NOT reverse its magnetic polarity every 11 or so years), it happens gradually over time. In fact one of the poles had reversed about a year ago, giving the Sun two South poles for the past year, with the other lagging behind until now (which is also NOT abnormal). The Sun's polarity has already in the process of shifting back the other way again -- a process that will take 11 years.

Granted, along with the solar maximum comes more solar storms that can lead to satellite communication disruptions and more active auroras, because of the way the solar storms react with Earth's magnetic field. However, Earth's field is not directly tiled to the Sun's magnetic field, and the sun's magnetic reversal will not adversely affect the strength of the Earth's filed.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join