It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun pulls a complete 360 on it's axis.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Makes sense though. Two lenses one outer fixed with a speck of dust on it and the inner one that collects the data. The inner one moves independent of the outer one.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

Is there anyway we can verify that there are 2 lenses. Before this is buffoned?
lol nuff said

edit on 11/22/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yep im sure there is.. what telescope is it? SoHo? Chandra?
Then go to JPL site, im sure the answers there somewhere.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Or... the dot is on another stationary lens. This would mean, the dot is not moving!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So if you think its a double lens then you are saying that the black spec is on the outter lens and the whole camera was turned?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
NVM
mistake
edit on 11/22/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

edit on 22-11-2010 by Neyers2111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Physically impossible.....not if the Sun is going to remain intact (as it most assuredly still is).

Please research, and understand a few terms from physics:

Angular momentum.

Gyroscopic effect.

There is no physical "flipping"...what confuses people is to read about the Sun's magnetic field moving around, changing position. This is related to internal structure, and complexes forces and interactions....which are still a long way from being completely understood, hence continued study, and data-gathering underway. There are scientists who devote their entire careers to become experts on this, and like most experts, it is sometimes difficult to encapsulate a lifetime of work and knowledge into a handy "sound bite" for the layperson.

Here is an article (from seven years ago!) about the magnetic field of the Sun:

www.universetoday.com...

No need to be alarmed....Sun has been there for ~4.5+ Billion years, is only half-way through its expected lifespan.

I'm guessing it will out-live most of us...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog

Makes sense though. Two lenses one outer fixed with a speck of dust on it and the inner one that collects the data. The inner one moves independent of the outer one.

SENSE SO THEN THE INNER LENSE ROTATED WITH THE SPECK STATIONARY ON OUTTER LENS. THE INNER LENS ROTATION CAUSED THE SUN TO ROTATE IN VIDEO AND NOT THE OUTTER LENS SPECK... HOW?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
SDO-EVE

Heres site for the mission.. The camera is extreme ultraviolet.. named EVE

Now someone else can find the specs, if they are available

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just seeking truth
is all

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
One conclusion we can reach from that video is that the commentator is completely stoned out of his gourd.

As for the sun....umm, the satellite rotated, thus revealing the black dot for what it is: an imperfection in the optic system.

See what happens when you can actually use your brain when you're not high?
edit on 22-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: typo

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
We know very little about the sun, I believe this reinforces the Electric Universe Theory. Remember, the electric universe theory completely does away with the gravitational theory of the sun that it is a mass held together by gravity. In the electric universe theory, the corona and surface of the sun is a result of the electricity going into the sun.

This is just more proof that the electric universe theory is 100% correct. Period.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Not at all!!!

This is just more proof that the electric universe theory is 100% correct.

It was the camera, and its orientation change!

Really, some people need to study some actual science, and do the research, instead of falling prey to the most ridiculous "pseudo"-science like that,,,the 'EU" crap.

Gravity results from mass. Period. It is calculated, the math is solid, and it is HOW we can send spacecraft to rendezvous with other planets, and the Moon. It isn't "electricity" holding everything together on the macro scale.

(Forces on the sub-atomic? Well, THAT is the question of this century, and last century and will be for a long time, probably. BUT, this "EU" junk is over-simplistic, and certainly not observed, nor calculated, nor measured)_.....
edit on 22 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The Sun does this all the time. It waits until not one single person on the planet is looking except for some American hick whom no-one will ever believe, then it does a dance. Often the Macarana for some reason. Hick takes a picture with a cheap mobile pohone, and no-one ever believes him,

Someone really should have words with Sol cos it ain't fair!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Gravity results from mass. Period. It is calculated, the math is solid, and it is HOW we can send spacecraft to rendezvous with other planets, and the Moon. It isn't "electricity" holding everything together on the macro scale.

I know most agree with the math to measure gravity but many still debate it's cause..
I don't think everyone, even scientists, agree it's mass that creates gravity.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Do they have more than one type of satellite/camera looking at the sun?
If so, then check the other cameras during the same time period to see if they also show some anomaly.

I would do it but since we are still here, I don't think it's anything to worry about.
Oh, and I'm lazy.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Personally, I think the Electric Universe Theory is pretty interesting, from what Ive read anyway.
Havent read enough to make me a believer or a skeptic but enough to gain an interest in it.

I was wondering something about gravity though.. How big does something have to be to have something orbit around it?
For example: Say you had a satellite, like the space station, I wonder if it has enough mass to affect something like small particles or a pea, a marble, etc..?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix
For example: Say you had a satellite, like the space station, I wonder if it has enough mass to affect something like small particles or a pea, a marble, etc..?
If a space station were out in the middle of space instead of orbiting Earth, then I see no reason why small objects couldn't orbit the space station.

The reason it doesn't happen in Earth orbit is, the space station gravity can't compete with Earth's gravity, not to mention drag, and other reasons.

Back to the topic, I agree that there is some confusion between the sun flipping magnetic poles and the sun itself flipping. The magnetic poles flip, the sun itself doesn't.

The earth also periodically flips magnetic poles, but at much longer intervals than the sun, and not as regularly.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is just a satellite roll maneuver.

There was one on the 12th of October this year too.

Go to the SDO gallery HERE and input the date and select the AIA 211 (purple) telescope and watch the movie.

On October 12 SDO successfully performed a 7-hour roll maneuver to help calibrate the HMI instrument calibration. The spacecraft roll started at same time as HGA handover operation. This complicated the operational sequences but did not stop either maneuver. While it is easy to point a space-based instrument at the center of the Sun it is more difficult to know the precise location of the Sun's rotation axis. Data from the roll maneuvers help the scientists to understand how their instrument response varies at different angles of the rotation axis. This is then used to more accurately remove the rotation effects from the data.

sdoisgo.blogspot.com...

edit on 22/11/10 by Chadwickus because: Zorgon made Armap do it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join