It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs and Metaphysics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Her name is Kayla. She's brilliant, I think somewhat telepathic, stubborn, and seems to think she know's better than me. Sometimes I think she might.
When I go out, I tell her that she's in charge of the house. She won't discipline the Shihtzu, which is good because he's too small. She used to pin the Lab by his nose anytime she figured he was doing anything wrong. When I go out, I bring the Shihtzu almost always, and nothing is ever out of place or chewed when I come home. It's quite amazing, because I've had dogs before that have eaten wall and doors. This pack is so good.

I don't think she realizes there's coyote in her. She guards frogs and mice from getting eaten by the other 2, and makes sure they get away. She hates to see anything killed.

Where I got her from, was an outside kennel where they were mixing in the small grey wolf, and coyotes were also wandering around. She slinks around more like a coyote, with her head low, and she has the ears.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a780008e6348.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3144f8dbb44e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
turns out that bulldog belongs to one of her holiday visitors... that makes me feel better.
I thought she was tryin' ta get froggy with me there by where she put him.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Another quirky, metaphysical behavior of Dogs which allude to emotion, is their chasing their own tale. Over and Over again, my dog, despite being 2, still chases her own tail, not realizing its attached to her. To someone who is led by his 'heart', does he not commit the same mistakes over and over again, symbolically "chasing his tail"?
I think the dog 'knows' it is their own tail, but is playing. At least most dogs. It is similar to when I, as a kid, used to run, and ended up scared and really ran, even though I knew there was no threat behind me - did this in the house with friends sometimes. You can consciously set in motion instinctive reactions. So the dog sets in motion his or her chase instinct. But they know.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
^dogs have a wonderful sense of humor

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticalofskeptics

Another quirky, metaphysical behavior of Dogs which allude to emotion, is their chasing their own tale. Over and Over again, my dog, despite being 2, still chases her own tail, not realizing its attached to her. To someone who is led by his 'heart', does he not commit the same mistakes over and over again, symbolically "chasing his tail"?
I think the dog 'knows' it is their own tail, but is playing. At least most dogs. It is similar to when I, as a kid, used to run, and ended up scared and really ran, even though I knew there was no threat behind me - did this in the house with friends sometimes. You can consciously set in motion instinctive reactions. So the dog sets in motion his or her chase instinct. But they know.

Whether or not they know, it doesnt change the fact that they never accomplish actually getting their tail.

Maybe it is simply a play instinct which they do when theyre bored.

But in anycase, I thought it to be a perfect symbol for the way humans can commit the same actions (tail, symbolizes action) over and over again, probably with the same 'knowledge' and play instinct, yet achieve the same result. This is what einstein called "insane". In other words, people who are ruled by their heart (the head of the dog being a symbol for this. The 'mind or will of the heart') are exactly like Dogs who chase their own tails.

But i dont want you to think i consider dogs evil or anything. Far from it. They cant help being what they are. Theyre animals, were humans. Theyre beautiful and true and silly at their level. But to us, they have lessons to teach about ourselves, as all creatures do.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a friend indeed...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/626b7c35cad1.jpg[/atsimg]

and when she was a pup...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3785f0bcdd3.jpg[/atsimg]

it's just you and me girl

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
When my dog has a nightmare

Laika is always chasing squirrels in her dreams, so I guess it too is a matter of perspective.

edit on 11/27/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
^^Oh my gorsh! That head tilt...

Cute doggie.

A lot of nice looking dogs in this thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
My dog has human eyes. Even my vet finds its strange.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

pics or it didn't happen.... of the dog that is.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

pics or it didn't happen.... of the dog that is.

These are old photos. Ive noticed that the older shes gotten the more her face has matured and her eyes darkened a little.

Shes so cute. I spend so much time with her each day (ive been layed off, so ive spending my last 2 weeks doing things around the house and reading. Often when i read she curls up at the end of the couch and she leans her head on my lap).

Also, i think the eyes are the portal of the soul. Ones eyes open him to both the inner and outer world. With his eyes opens, hes attuned to the outer world (for instance, balancing yourself with your eyes closed is much harder with your eyes open.). Your Eyes are essentially the portal used by the soul to relate to inner and outer reality. Likewise, when you close your eyes you close yourself off from the outer world and enter your inner one. So ones eyes, its shapes, colors, etc all allude to some aspect of the soul. My dog is very mature for a dog. She pretty much listens to all of my commands. We dont pass a sidewalk without her stopping at the street, and waiting for me to cross first. This for a 1 and half year old dog is infinitely better than my old dog and my cousins or friends dogs. Shes also very playful aswell as affectionate. My sister and brother buy the most expensive dog food you can get in Canada (origin) and she usally eats the beef one but shes been eating the fish brand for a good 5 or 6 months now and her coat has gotten extremely shiny and full. Shes a gorgeous dog. She also has very white teeth, has only peed once inside since we got her and has never ever pooed in the house. Shes my best friend and that wont change till i meet a girl and get married.

I know this sounds like im bragging about my dog. Im sorry. I cant think about her without gushing. I think we all do this with our dogs. We love them, we discern a beauty in them that someone less familiar doesnt appreciate.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
she seems like a very smart and good dog.

I miss my dog, she liked to play around a lot and misbehave at times but she was a very good dog. She had amazing eyes. I should post a picture sometime. She was a lab/border collie mix.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
why is she always wearing a muzzle strap thingie? Was she a chewer or something?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

why is she always wearing a muzzle strap thingie? Was she a chewer or something?

That was in the beginning. Its not a muzzle, its a leash used for training dogs not to pull. Basically, when they pull, their head pulls back and its really uncomfortable for them so its makes it easier for the owner to train, not to pull.

She still sort of pulls. Shes not perfect.
Shes still young. Im hoping a year or two from now she'll stop.

I remember when she was small enough to hold in my hands. Like 15 pounds. Now she is 75 ponds.
. I cant believe how fast they grow

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Thanks. Maybe you should get another dog. Honestly, the burden is worth investment. The love and companionship of a dog is juts awesome. And when you split the responisbility with others, walking her once a day or getting her food and water is hardly a problem.

I miss my dog, she liked to play around a lot and misbehave at times but she was a very good dog. She had amazing eyes. I should post a picture sometime. She was a lab/border collie mix.

This ones a Half Lab, quarter doberman and a quarter rhodesian ridgeback mix. Quite exotic.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Thanks. Maybe you should get another dog. Honestly, the burden is worth investment. The love and companionship of a dog is juts awesome. And when you split the responisbility with others, walking her once a day or getting her food and water is hardly a problem.

This ones a Half Lab, quarter doberman and a quarter rhodesian ridgeback mix. Quite exotic.

I can't get a dog right now because I could not afford the vet visits. My last dog was a stray when she was a puppy that just took to me and I couldn't just let anything happen to her so I kept her and spent a lot of money at vets over the course of her life and still I don't feel I gave her the best care I could have.
She pulled too. She was strong for 40 pounds. I was never able to break her of that. She loved to run.

Actually I don't think i can have more than two animals and I have two cats and they are enough of a handful. I'm about to have to spend some money on one to move her out to the big porch because I have to keep her out of the main area of the house. She jumps on the counter and perches on things she is not supposed to... like all cats really but I am pretty particular about a cat on the counter or in my covers and getting in cabinets and making havoc. My other cat does not do that. He's just big, fluffy and very very spoiled but he is the sweetest cat... and pretty smart too. I have to say. I've never in my life had a cat like him. He's very personable. He knows when I'm upset too... most animals are completely indifferent when it comes to that or they don't recognize it. It's weird because in a lot of my lucid dreams he has been in the picture somewhere, down beside me on the floor or something. He snores too... not loud but you can hear it, it's funny. He sleeps on his back a lot with his legs sticking up or out and his front paws curled. He's so cute I can hardly stand it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Shes my best friend and that wont change till i meet a girl and get married.
I know this sounds like im bragging about my dog. Im sorry. I cant think about her without gushing. I think we all do this with our dogs. We love them, we discern a beauty in them that someone less familiar doesnt appreciate.

Very, very cute dog.
Even when you get involved with a woman, make sure she loves animals the way you do. Then your dog remains your best friend. I can tell this is an important part of your life, and a person needs someone to share that with them. Years ago, when I had my son, the dog I had then was a very important part of his life, right from the beginning. He was an important part of the family dynamic, it was very hard when he died though, my son felt like he lost a brother.

I think all of us that love our dogs brag about them. We see how smart they are, each in their own way, when we have more than one. It's a 2 way unconditional love like no other.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
All the members dogs are just awesome. My avatar is our French Bulldog, Oliver Batman.

I can't help how I feel and react to dogs. When I see any animal but especially a dog hurt or worse, it just destroys my insides. I won't say its right or wrong but I have always felt more sympathy for animals than humans.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk

All the members dogs are just awesome. My avatar is our French Bulldog, Oliver Batman.

I can't help how I feel and react to dogs. When I see any animal but especially a dog hurt or worse, it just destroys my insides. I won't say its right or wrong but I have always felt more sympathy for animals than humans.

I would say thats wrong...

Dont get me wrong, many people feel that way, but it isnt right. The suffering of a human is much worse and more intense than that of an animal. The very fact of our intelligence, worsens our sufferring.

As much as i love animals, and dogs, it will never be greater than my love for another human being. Even if i dont feel it, my conscience will force myself to recognize a truth like this. Human suffering is horrible, and just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

The worse sufferring as well, is spiritual, that is, psychological. This is why im becoming a social counceler. Ive gone through a fair bit in my life and ive overcome odds, that frankly many people do not overcome. That saddens me, because i feel everyone has a supernatural, spiritual power in them. G-d wants all of us to live happily, and in peace, and to express our own unique "voice" of G-d to ourselves and the world. Nothing disturbs me more than seeing someone broken, mentally, and unable to return. Thats a heartbreaking sight.

This is why im bothered by nature lovers who show less of a love for other humans, than they do for animals. Thats not right. We need it more than they do!. Loving them is easy, and natural, and thats why any person who sees a majestic bird in the air or a bear and his cub, is in awe. What theyre in awe of is G-d, expressed through the beauty of his creation. But humans require refinement, and work, and it takes alot of effort, for both parties to squash any egotism. Egotism blocks the beauty of G-d, and hence is a screen between truth and falsehood. But once those boundaries are broken you can enter such a beautiful and enriching relationship that is simply wonderful. I have a Rabbi friend in Israel, a very influential and respected man, who two weeks ago made reference to me in a weekly show of his (im not jewish btw) where he referred to me as a "very cherished friend", and hearing the sincerity and love in his voice when he said that meant alot. Hes been a very good mentor and role model for me, and it means alot when two, very different people, Jew and Gentile, can connect like this.

But back to my dog. I think theres something seriously wrong with someone who doesnt like Dogs. I met only one person who was like this and he seemed to have some emotional problems (beneath his gruff exterior) and so simply didnt like my dog. I wouldnt be attracted to someone who held superficial views like that. Dogs are awesome and fun and playful and silly. The only time they can be irritating is when your busy and working with something else, and their seeking attention (but that doesnt happen often). Even if it does happen, i still try to kindly tell her to sit on her pillow and wait till im done. And like a little angel dog she does it.

When i first got her i was adamant in disciplining her. One thing i hate is an unruly dog. But shes been so easy. Ive never had to hit her (aside from a few times, where she did something bad, like eat food off my plate when i wasnt looking. I dont care what anyone says - when a dog does that, they need to be slapped for it. On the but of course, but very hard) and although i want her to be disciplined, im not like those owners who dont like their dogs expressing their enthusiasm. I find it cute when she jumps up at me, and when sees so excited she makes odd funny movements. I think its adorable when shes being herself, and if i were to stifle that i would feel like i was doing something wrong. Everyday she gets a really long walk either through the forest or to the field where i play fetch with her (my sister does it everyday. She finds it peaceful for her to walk maggy through the forest, and play with her. It definitely raises her spirits. . sometimes she gets two of these walks a day. I also want to play fetch with her, which is her single favorite thing to do). Owners who dont do this with their dogs i feel bad for. Dogs NEED activity. Activity = happiness for a dog. and little games like chase or fetch. So many dogs i see are just in horrible shape, fat. My dog is like pure muscle. When she goes to the dog park shes usually the fastest one there (aside from this shepherd who was playing with my dog two days ago. She was faster!).

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Its funny to see cats doing dog things and dogs doing cat things.

My dog licks her paws constantly and it reminds me of a cat. She also recognizes emotion, very quickly, and you can see it on her face as some self consciousness (for instance, her puttng up her paw to get food when im eating. I'll usually give her a piece of chicken or some vegetables. But if im not ready, and i find her acting greedy, she turns her head but from the side of her eye still look at me, somewhat self conscious).
edit on 28-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join