It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs and Metaphysics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Dogs are awesome. People who don't like dogs I am always wary around.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Originally posted by OwenandNoelle

Awesome post! I agree with your sentiments 100%!

I’ve lived with dogs all my life (presently I’m living with 2 black labs and 1 golden lab) all of whom have enriched my life immensely!

Now this is just a story, so please take from it what you will. But, the other day, I was prowling YouTube and I happened across this video where a female Shaman (whose name I’m afraid I can’t recall) was explaining how human beings have unfortunately lost touch with nature…and that at one time in our pre-pre-pre-historic past, people were actually able to communicate telepathically with all sorts of animals, plant life and so forth. (kinda like a “Garden of Eden” scenario)

And she explained, that as we developed, we humans chose a path in which separated ourselves from nature, however we were lucky enough that at least one other species came along with us for the ride. And that one species --- is of course our Canine friends; whom she suggested came alongside humans to remind us how to love unselfishly and live in the moment.
I know this story, is most likely a myth…but it really resonated with me still. Because if there’s one thing that I’ve learned from my dogs --- it’s the experience of pure love and joy!

Lol, just as I was about to hit submit…my Cat hopped on my computer with a very noisy meow…possibly to remind me that not just dogs but lol our kitty cats (and surely our other domesticated pets) are just as wonderful in their own right! But for sure there is something special about our dogs!

As great as dogs are, and i really do love them, i still feel we should refrain from saying "pure love and joy" with regard to them

How can something be pure unless its reciprocated? Dogs are by nature, loyal creatures. The creator created them with this. As beautiful as it is, its not particularly meritorious.

However, when people learn to curb their lower, animal selfish natures to show compassion and love for others. Not THAT is "pure love and joy". Nothing good comes without effort. Whether that be the years it takes to write a novel, or a lifetime of work in ones marriage. True love comes with time, and effort, and true love can only exist between human beings and a love for the source of their existence, G-d.

The love humans have for their pets, like Dogs, is a very innocent and silly love, but i dont want to elevate it beyond more than what it objectively is. Human beings appreciating animals. And animals feeling close to the humans by virtue of their kindness towards them.

But the work, and reciprocity that one has to do, when dealing with others, is much greater, and much purer, and indeed, much harder to attain. But thats because were more sophisticated creatures with a more complicated spiritual makeup. G-d didnt make us this way so we could compete with one another. But isntead, to efface ourselves before other. To act with humility. Humility and love is like water. Its immidiately reflected in the one its shown towards. This is special, because youve overcame an obstacle.

Do you know what im trying to say here?

My dog happens to be very intuitive well beyond what you would consider her normal animal instincts. To care for another life outside your own species doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. Here's a interesting story:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It’s cool, I think I understand what you’re saying --- no offense taken!

In fact, I think we both can be right! I agree that it’s far more difficult to make a pure and loving connection with a fellow human being than it is with most dogs and so when we do it can be very rewarding. (All the more so because of the hard work we put in) And I agree, that sometimes the way pet owners fawn all over our Dogs --- Ie. Giving them expensive presents only to have them prefer the packaging, can be a little silly.

But, that said, for me – my dogs really brought me so much peace and happiness.
And there’s no reason why everything good in life has to be so hard. So much of life is difficult --- why not enjoy our blessings when they come?

So imho, while it’s much easier for most people to connect with a dog versus a human being --- to me, the connection I feel with my Dogs is still very rewarding, but in a different way.

In other words, one doesn’t negate the other! There’s no reason why we can’t love our Dogs to pieces while working to love one another unselfishly at the same time.

So yeah, unless I’ve misunderstood you --- I think we’re both right!

edit on 21-11-2010 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oz means strength, yes. Gomer, i dont think means beauty. There are other words for beauty, like tiferet, Yafah, that are more often used. Wisdom is Hokmah. The root Dalet, Bet, Resh, is usually translated as 'word' 'to speak' or 'a thing' among other connotations

Well Chokmah is the Word, so there seems to be a direct connection right there. Gomer must then be related to Tiphereth. Gomer could perhaps mean something that is loosely-translated as "Beauty".

Based on this, the Three Pillars of the Temple of Solomon would be: Gomer: Beauty (Tiphereth), Oz: Strength (Geburah), Dabar: Wisdom (Chokmah).

Maybe you should stop reading gnosticteachings.org. I used to read that site a while back....

...Theres alot of hate and contempt on their part against the Rabbis (specifically in the works of Samael Aun Weor) that makes me very uncomfortable with it.

...I actually think theres a gnostic conspiracy against the Jews. And this has materialized throughout history as the many attempts by western "christian" (in truth, gnostic) Europe to get rid of them.

Also, theres a great deal of lying and exagerration on their part. Kabbalah and Chassidut, even if you arent going to subscribe to it, is very saintly and righteous and to those who feel the need tl slander and spread hate, and misrepresent their beliefs. Id caution you to be very wary of such people.

If you had further read the teachings there, you would have found that Samael Aun Weor has nothing against Rabbinic Priesthood in and of itself. He often referred to Yehoshua Christ as The Divine Rabbi of Galilee.

It is just that the chief of demons (Javhe or Yahweh) has been posing as Christ (Yehowah or Jahovah).

See the quotes at the bottom of the following post, with posted-links to what Samael Aun Weor wrote about this:

Crucifixion

And:

Talmud

Basically:

Jewish Rabbis (Initiates of White Magic) follow Yahowah or Jehovah.

Zionist Rabbis (practitioners of Black Magic) follow Jahweh or Yavhe.

As for the phenomenon of Dog being G-d backwards.

I think that may be deeper than people think.

In kabbalah, G-ds essential name has the gematria of 26. When you 'double' a gematria, you get a refracted manifestation of it. So, 52, is the gematria of Kelev, dog.

In English, dog is G-d backwards.

Interesting. I'd like to look into that more.

This does not suggest what gnostics would think. that both dogs and god are two sides of the same coin. Dogs symbolize a particular attitude. What is that attitude? i think this thread has made a case that dogs are an unrectified emotional creature. YET, when mankind puts the effort in training them, they become a very lovable and cherished companion. Its a metaphor for us Humans to understand our relationship with the divine. Just as dogs are loyal to humans, so to should we be loyal to our creator, and first cause. Just as dogs can be corrected, and trained, to behave in a more controlled manner, likewise, we should correct our negative and destructive impulses to be more fitting to recieve the divine presence.

I don't think that Gnostics would necessarily think that God and dog are two sides of the same coin. Although I won't completely elaborate on this right now.

Although consider this:

From what I've read, when a human Essence (Tiphereth) has only his or her lunar bodies (related to Hod, Netzach, and Tiphereth), yet has no ego, such a human is said to be an innocent Elemental of Nature, yet in humanoid form. This human Elemental has no ego, yet he or she also does not have Solar Bodies.

When a humanoid has only their lunar bodies, but those lunar bodies are infected with ego because of fornication; then they are no longer innocent.

And also when one creates the Solar Bodies, one does not actually dissolve their lunar bodies (one would have both). And if one who has Solar Bodies still has their lunar bodies infected with ego, they are what is called a Hanasmussen (the Solar Bodies themselves cannot get infected by ego, only the lunar bodies can).

Whereas one who has Solar Bodies, and who's lunar bodies have been cleansed of all ego, such a one is more than simply a Human Elemental. They are totally fused (Religion, Yoga) with Divinity.

Samael Aun Weor wrote that the dog is symbolic of the Sexual impulse; which will either devour us in Klipoth if we are not capable of taming it, or it will lead us out of Klipoth if we are capable of taming it.

The Wizard of Oz

This is a vast subject, which is not understandable by the intellect alone. All I've done here is simply outlined some teachings that I've read.

edit on 23-11-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Well Chokmah is the Word, so there seems to be a direct connection right there. Gomer must then be related to Tiphereth. Although Gomer could perhaps mean something that is loosely-translated as "Beauty".

One of the meanings of Gomer is 'etc' or additionally.

If you had spent more time reading the teachings there, you would have found that Samael Aun Weor has nothing against Rabbinic Priesthood in and of itself. He often referred to Yehoshua as The Divine Rabbi of Galilee.

Wow. Thats alot for to swallow.
I own many smael Aun Weor books. In many places he doesnt criticize, but slanders. referring to Rabbis "those", which in itself is a pejorative ID. And when does refer to those, he adds in some inflammatory remark. He, based on this, immideately turned me off from him. It is not spiritually mature to pick specific groups, and than target them, as he did in his writings. Similarily, rabbinic writings that criticize the 'heathens' dont specify any group. If he had used anonymity, instead of targeting the Jews, which is popular from gnostics, i would be less bothered.

It is that the chief of demons (Javhe or Yahweh) is posing as Yehowah or Jahovah.

What? Ive heard this said before, and i only have one explanation for it. First, Both names you posted are apart of the same name. YHVH. Secondly, if youve read Carl Jungs "answer to job" you can get an idea into the inner criticism behind this generic 'Jews worship a false archon' idea. Whats the accusation? Legalism, essentially.

Let me clarify some views, very misunderstood, about Judaism. Im not Jewish, ive just studied it for quite awhile so i have very clear understanding. Judaism does not have an 'elitist' superiority belief system. This, if often a callous, completely false, accusation taht made me think over why these gnostics and other mystics speak so evilly about Jews.

The bible is clear about the atmosphere the Jewish people live in. The Jews are nation that dwells apart, Bilaam, the prophet of the nations said. How do they dwell apart? Its their IDEOLOGY. All of the nations, that is, the natural, speculative philosophy which Gnosticism, Sufism, Hinduism etc base themselves on, is everywhere the same. G-d 'assigned' it says in the bible, these powers to the nations, but Israel (Jews) had a special, priestly purpose among mankind.

In other words, Judaism believes that G-d had issued to mankind when Adam was created 6 commandments.These correspond to the 6 'extremities' of the physical world. When Noah came around, he gave an additional commandment, not to eat the flesh of living animals (including their blood). So, Judaism believes that G-d has specific laws and commands for mankind, which the nations refuse to follow, due to some egotism or desire to be separate. The whole philosophy of the Nachash, snake, is rebellious. He caused the woman, to rebel against G-d, and so, Nachash also means "divination" ie; magic. He sort draws man away from the pure awareness of G-d, into this world of forms, and into a belief that his spiritual life is entirely in his control, and not G-d. G-d therefore in Gnostic pagan thought is irrelevant.

Ultimately, Judaisms commandments are connected to an idea, very deep to me, that G-ds commandments for them actually unite them with his shekinah. Jews do not think they are better than anyone. I wont deny there are those who give this impression, but there are many more who not only respect other religions, but get very giddy and joyous when they hear stories of christians or muslims or any human being, serving the creator with love and zeal. Judaism has no desire to see the destruction of other religions; on the contrary, the "70" archetypal powers or nations, are apart of the great tree of the Shekinah. All manifestations of the divine are important. But they all, have to be connected to the creator through undertanding an inherent falseness in certain behaviors.

What i find deep about this idea is this. In the tree of life, each sefirah in a simple sense alludes to some aspect behind every human action. Malkhut is the action itself, the 6 emotional sefirot the inner and outer feeling of the action, Binah the though and cogitation process, Hokmah the power to "conceptualize" and than you get to the highest sefirah, and most mysterious and ineffable of all, Keter. Kabbalah explains that Keter is both will and pleasure. Atik Yomin, pleasure, precedes will, and Arich Anpin is will itself. When G-d gave mankind commandments (and likewise when he gave Jew their 613) he enabled them to transcend the lower reality created by the 7 emotional sefirot, to connect with their very source, through following the divine will. Theres no room for "rationalizing" or questioning. The power of the very obligation itself creates that connection with the divine. G-d is giving man the room for responding, to moral needs, in 7 different spheres, each related to a sefirah, which binds his very essence to this world. This is how the lower, feminine waters are brought upwards, by responding..

So really, this is the whole nature of commandments which is akin to the sefirah of Keter. When we perform his "will", arich Anpin, we draw down the ancient of days, "atik Yomin", "his 'pleasure" (which means blessing and bounty) and that to me is an incredibly powerful idea.

So in that context, how should i understand the aspersions coming from gnostic writers, like Aun Weor, CG Jung, Campbell, Bailey etc? Is YHVH a demon? Or are gnostics, who in truth are pagans, in the same vein as the Greeks, Egyptians and Babylonians, casting the actual creator of the universe as a false power? Because they themselves are united to the delusive, megalomaniacal force inherent in the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and thus the nachash. I think theres a spiritual arrogance, that deludes and confuses and above all, compells these people to go forward in their beliefs, without feeling the truth of the creators purpose in this world.

Jewish Rabbis (Initiates of White Magic) follow Yahowah or Jehovah. Zionist Rabbis (practitioners of Black Magic)

How does that make remotely any sense? The Majority of Rabbis are zionists, and theres little theological difference in belief between zionist and non zionist orthodox Rabbis. That is a moot, and utterly meaningless codification.

I think the issue is their hate in general, for Judaism. Not just "zionist" rabbis, who they probably dislike more, because they have the boldness to challenge the gnostic "great work" of creating the world in mans image, but Judaism in general.

Alice Bailey, the theosophist, said it in no unclear terms. Her 25 writings served as the basic theology of Robert Mueller, who served for 45 years as the under secretary of the UN.

She said in "Plan for the New World Order," in the section on the "reorganization of world religions," that Goal No. 2 calls for:]

The gradual dissolution - again if in any way possible - of the Orthodox Jewish faith, with its obsolete teaching, its separative emphasis."

And she wrote that, in 1948, just 4 years after the "gradual process" begun, with Hitler and the holocaust. Unfortunately for her, Judaism and Jews are like a self generating organism. They keep coming back, and regenerating their numbers. This brings me to a statement made by the head of Hizbollah "Im glad the Jews are congregating in Israel. Itll save us from having to hunt them down"

So, again, im not a Jew. Im just glad i got the opportunity to understand this issue from both perspectives. And as a person who truly loves G-d, and desires to do his will, im glad i got to understand the Jewish theology. Its exactly my own belief system, but now made more clearly for me to understand. And this "impersonal" deistic god, worship of nature, and belief in a moral relativism, which is a root gnostic belief, is not for me, and i dont think its true at all, despite how convincing and 'beautiful' its arguments might appear. Ultimately, the passions are the motivating factor - particularly sexuality. Nothing to me stands out as so meaningful as the notion of commandments, which creates a direct conduit between G-d and man, Keter and Malkhut, the beginning enwedged in the end, in the human, societal government. I think Israel will not only succeed (its current government is corrupt), but it'll have the other nations of the world coming to it seeking advice, in the future.

Also, the Torah is relevant to all peoples. not just Jews. And its message of G-ds holy purpose in this world is relevant to all peoples. Israel does indeed refer to the holy land, but also to a holy land in each person. Jerusalem, means literally, "complete awe" Yeru - Shalem. Thats what it takes to live in the holy land. to stand in complete awe of our source, and to seek, with a vehemance, to do his work in this world, which is to choose good and reject evil. Nature is beautiful and wonderful, and G-d has revealed himself through her. But nature isnt "complete" until we fullfill our nature, which is to follow our conscience, which is connected and rooted to our source. So those who say that everything is perfect. Evil and Good, sufferring and propsperity, all good. I disagree with them, deeply. I believe theres more than that, and it takes a choice, one simple decision on our part, to change that.
edit on 23-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What? Ive heard this said before, and i only have one explanation for it. First, Both names you posted are apart of the same name. YHVH.

They are both part of the same Hebrew spelling of the Tetragrammaton, yes. However, it is taught that Jahovah and Jahveh are different (as was already explained).

The whole philosophy of the Nachash, snake, is rebellious. He caused the woman, to rebel against G-d, and so, Nachash also means "divination" ie; magic. He sort draws man away from the pure awareness of G-d, into this world of forms, and into a belief that his spiritual life is entirely in his control, and not G-d. G-d therefore in Gnostic pagan thought is irrelevant.

Samael Aun Weor always emphasizes that in order to become truly Spiritual, we must always worship and adore both our Inner Ain-Soph and The Ӕlohim (Universal Seity)-which are One-in deep Meditation and with adoration based on Chastity.

Gnosis teaches that Nachash is of the root of good and evil, but is not evil in itself. The Kundabuffer or Apep (the negative serpent), is of the misuse (fornication) of Nachash; whereas the Kundalini, or the Bronze Serpent that healed the Israelites in the wilderness, is the result of the correct cultivation of Nachash, Chastity.

Soothsayers and Prophets

The Hebrew word translated as "serpent" is נחש Nachash (pronounced Nahash). This Hebrew word has other meanings. It can be used when pointing at someone who practices divination or someone who is "shining brass;” as a verb it means "to shine" or "to glow."

Ultimately, Judaisms commandments are connected to an idea, very deep to me, that G-ds commandments for them actually unite them with his shekinah.

Kabbalah 2: The Twelve Commandments

Judaism has no desire to see the destruction of other religions; on the contrary, the "70" archetypal powers or nations, are apart of the great tree of the Shekinah. All manifestations of the divine are important. But they all, have to be connected to the creator through undertanding an inherent falseness in certain behaviors.

Judaism may not have such a desire; but according to Samael Aun Weor, Zionism does have such a desire.

What i find deep about this idea is this. In the tree of life, each sefirah in a simple sense alludes to some aspect behind every human action. Malkhut is the action itself, the 6 emotional sefirot the inner and outer feeling of the action, Binah the though and cogitation process, Hokmah the power to "conceptualize" and than you get to the highest sefirah, and most mysterious and ineffable of all, Keter.

According to the Gnostic teachings, the Sephirothic Crown, or Triune Logos, is the same as what Buddhism calls:

Dharmakaya, Sambhogakaya, Nirmanakaya.

Kabbalah explains that Keter is both will and pleasure. Atik Yomin, pleasure, precedes will, and Arich Anpin is will itself. When G-d gave mankind commandments (and likewise when he gave Jew their 613) he enabled them to transcend the lower reality created by the 7 emotional sefirot, to connect with their very source, through following the divine will.

It is taught that the Ain Soph Aur is of Absolute bliss, and is reflected mainly in Chokmah, the Sambhogakaya or the Enjoyment Body of the Adi-Buddha or Adam-Kadmon. Of course Chokmah is the first emanation of Kether, and Kether is the first emanation of Amen-Ra, the Ain Soph Aur.

Theres no room for "rationalizing" or questioning.

In the Gnostic teachings, it is taught that the most dangerous Black Magicians are found in the plane of intellect.

Not that we shouldn't develop intellect. Just that it must be utilized in service of God, with Meditation, if we are to not become slaves of it. The lunar mental body has to be purified, so that it does not remain as a tool for our egos.

The power of the very obligation itself creates that connection with the divine. G-d is giving man the room for responding, to moral needs, in 7 different spheres, each related to a sefirah, which binds his very essence to this world. This is how the lower, feminine waters are brought upwards, by responding..

Do any books on orthodox Kabbalah teach Pranayama and/or Sexual Magic?

So in that context, how should i understand the aspersions coming from gnostic writers, like Aun Weor, CG Jung, Campbell, Bailey etc? Is YHVH a demon?

No. The Gnostic teachings affirm that YHVH, when pronounced properly, is not a demon.

YHVH as Yahovah is a name of The Solar Logos.

Also, Jung and Campbell were probably not Adepts.

Or are gnostics, who in truth are pagans, in the same vein as the Greeks, Egyptians and Babylonians, casting the actual creator of the universe as a false power? Because they themselves are united to the delusive, megalomaniacal force inherent in the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and thus the nachash. I think theres a spiritual arrogance, that deludes and confuses and above all, compells these people to go forward in their beliefs, without feeling the truth of the creators purpose in this world.

Just because one proclaims themselves to be a devotee of a Religion, does not mean that they are properly working with the energies of Nachash. It is taught that the Divine, no matter what authentic Religion we are a devotee of, will guide us if we are in Chastity (which has nothing to do with the Roman-Catholic type of repression found in many so-called religious teachings) and if we are Meditating and eliminating our egos.

The Majority of Rabbis are zionists, and theres little theological difference in belief between zionist and non zionist orthodox Rabbis. That is a moot, and utterly meaningless codification.

And that "little" difference that you're referring to, may be subtle but not exactly little.

I think the issue is their hate in general, for Judaism. Not just "zionist" rabbis, who they probably dislike more, because they have the boldness to challenge the gnostic "great work" of creating the world in mans image, but Judaism in general.

The Great Work is about the Innermost (not the intellect) making Man in Gods image. As one Gnostic instructor has said, the Bodhisattva (Tiphereth) is never God. The true Tiphereth is Man made in Gods image.

Alice Bailey, the theosophist, said it in no unclear terms. Her 25 writings served as the basic theology of Robert Mueller, who served for 45 years as the under secretary of the UN.

She said in "Plan for the New World Order," in the section on the "reorganization of world religions," that Goal No. 2 calls for:]

The gradual dissolution - again if in any way possible - of the Orthodox Jewish faith, with its obsolete teaching, its separative emphasis."

And she wrote that, in 1948, just 4 years after the "gradual process" begun, with Hitler and the holocaust.

Perhaps Alice Bailey was a victim of the Dugpas or Drukpas, just like Hitler was?

Writings of pseudo-occultism such as those written by the likes of Elizabeth Clare Prophet, Benjamin Creme, and Alice Bailey, cannot hold a candle to the writings of true Theosophists such as H.P. Blavatsky, Samael Aun Weor, Rudolf Steiner, Manly P. Hall, and Max Heindel.

Unfortunately for her, Judaism and Jews are like a self generating organism. They keep coming back, and regenerating their numbers. This brings me to a statement made by the head of Hizbollah "Im glad the Jews are congregating in Israel. Itll save us from having to hunt them down"....

I think Israel will not only succeed (its current government is corrupt), but it'll have the other nations of the world coming to it seeking advice, in the future...

Anyone who hates all Jews, is just as much of a Zionist as the Zionists that they claim to oppose!

And this "impersonal" deistic god, worship of nature, and belief in a moral relativism, which is a root gnostic belief, is not for me, and i dont think its true at all, despite how convincing and 'beautiful' its arguments might appear. Ultimately, the passions are the motivating factor - particularly sexuality. Nothing to me stands out as so meaningful as the notion of commandments, which creates a direct conduit between G-d and man, Keter and Malkhut, the beginning enwedged in the end, in the human, societal government.

Gnosis teaches that Bhakti or devotion, based on Chastity, Meditation, and also Love between Husband and Wife, without EVER reaching the orgasm, is the way to Divinity. To Transmute our sexual energy, instead of indulging in it or suppressing it, as to strengthen our relationship to the Divine.

So those who say that everything is perfect. Evil and Good, sufferring and propsperity, all good. I disagree with them, deeply. I believe theres more than that, and it takes a choice, one simple decision on our part, to change that.

Daath, the Doorway to Knowledge (1): The Dalai Lama talks explicitly about eliminating the ego.

Audience: He says it is illusion.

Instructor: It is illusion, but it is real, too. This is the problem, and this is the same problem that certain Tibetan schools propagate. Yes, the ego is illusion, it is maya, but that does not mean it is without matter or energy. This is the fundamental problem that happened in Buddhism centuries ago, and in Hinduism, that caused a great split in various schools. This is this intellectual debate about truth. The problem is that when you analyze the scriptures like Vedanta or Madhyamaka or certain tantric scriptures that talk about the nature of maya, or illusion, they state very clearly, especially in the higher schools like Dzogchen that the ego is illusion, so it does not exist. It is not real. Therefore, we should just awaken consciousness and disregard the ego. So a lot of these modern groups are taking that as their evidence.

What they fail to realize is that the teaching about the illusory ego belongs to the ninth yana, the highest tantra, and to reach that you have to have first comprehended all the previous yanas (vehicles), which state that the ego is real and must be eliminated. So, how do you resolve that apparent contradiction? True Dzogchen, Mahamudra, or Taoist practitioners do not ignore the ego. Someone who has genuinely consciously reached the level of working at that level has developed right view, which is the capacity to perceive prajna, wisdom. Prajna is the ability to see the two truths simultaneously. That person recognizes that conventional truth exists and so does ultimate truth. In other words, you have a physical body, but it does not exist. And there is no contradiction. You do have a physical body, but it is mostly empty air. The ego is the same. You have an ego, but it doesn’t exist.

Audience: It is impermanent.

Instructor: Well, it is impermanent, but avoiding it does not cause it to cease to exist. This is the misconception. There are certain tantric Buddhist groups who teach this, that you do not need to worry about the ego. They say you just awaken your consciousness, and do not worry about the ego. The result is they all awaken their consciousness but in the ego, and they do not realize it. They awaken their consciousness, but as demons, as devils.

Audience: The Dalai Lama said that the medicine is illusionary also, so it is like a magician that covers one illusion with another…

Instructor: It is true, but you have to see it at the level he is talking. He is talking about the highest tantra yoga, Dzogchen. From the perspective of Dzogchen, it is true. It is true, but until you can consciously with awakened consciousness perceive that, you are wasting your time. This is why, in all the ancient times, throughout centuries, those teachings were hidden, because we who are asleep cannot understand it. We who are asleep, who are blind, who have no spiritual vision, hear that the ego is illusion, we think, “Oh, good. I am ready to go to heaven.” No. We are asleep, and those teachings were hidden because we cannot understand until we awaken our consciosuness and can see consciously what those teachings mean. When we awaken, we can understand it a little bit, but it is not easy. Dzogchen and Mahamudra and the teachings that relay that profound knowledge are very difficult to grasp, even with the consciousness. With the intellect it is impossible, impossible. Unfortunately all these groups now are using those sacred teachings to mislead people.

edit on 23-11-2010 by Tamahu because: edited link

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Just because one proclaims themselves to be a devotee of a Religion, does not mean that they are properly working with the energies of Nachash. It is taught that the Divine, no matter what authentic Religion we are a devotee of, will guide us if we are in Chastity (which has nothing to do with the Roman-Catholic type of repression found in many so-called religious teachings) and if we are Meditating and eliminating our egos.

Gnosis teaches that Bhakti or devotion, based on Chastity, Meditation, and also Love between Husband and Wife, without EVER reaching the orgasm, is the way to Divinity. To Transmute our sexual energy, instead of indulging in it or suppressing it, as to strengthen our relationship to the Divine.

I'm trying to rewind to some earlier years. In my experience, I wouldn't have to meditate to arrive at the feeling of bliss. When I was younger it was brought on by watching people's movements or listening to people talk. Female meteorologists were high up there on my list. During certain expressions or moods, it would feel as though a crown was placed atop my head. The sensation would also circle my face. In fact, I'll be listening to phone messages at present, and the feeling will surface again to a mild extent... Nowadays it's more of a stretch for full on, but perhaps given the right scenario(s), just as easy to achieve.

This is hopefully where your knowledge will provide an extra edge. Would you be able to expound on chastity outside of the Roman-Catholic type repression? From a gnostic standpoint I assume. When I hear the word chastity I immediately think to myself "keep it in your pants," which I'm either unwilling or unable to do!
All kidding aside, I would appreciate an explanation from you... Ya know, teach an old dog new tricks!

edit on 23-11-2010 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenandNoelle

It’s cool, I think I understand what you’re saying --- no offense taken!

In fact, I think we both can be right! I agree that it’s far more difficult to make a pure and loving connection with a fellow human being than it is with most dogs and so when we do it can be very rewarding. (All the more so because of the hard work we put in) And I agree, that sometimes the way pet owners fawn all over our Dogs --- Ie. Giving them expensive presents only to have them prefer the packaging, can be a little silly.

But, that said, for me – my dogs really brought me so much peace and happiness.
And there’s no reason why everything good in life has to be so hard. So much of life is difficult --- why not enjoy our blessings when they come?

So imho, while it’s much easier for most people to connect with a dog versus a human being --- to me, the connection I feel with my Dogs is still very rewarding, but in a different way.

In other words, one doesn’t negate the other! There’s no reason why we can’t love our Dogs to pieces while working to love one another unselfishly at the same time.

So yeah, unless I’ve misunderstood you --- I think we’re both right!

edit on 21-11-2010 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

No, i was just trying to make a philosophical point, of how love between humans goes much deeper, due to its natural complexity.

As for Dogs. I know what you mean. When im feeling low about myself my dog is always there to pick me up. Its as if g-d uses her little simplicity to be excited, to make a strange face, or a cute one, that just triggers in me this feeling of compassion. I do agree that dogs are very special animals.

I just think sometimes people give up on their personal relationships and bask in the simplicity of pet relationships; which are good and important, but not relative to our need to relate to each other. That is first and foremost the most important. When two people can connect on a very mature, and enlightened level, that to me is true pure love, and beautiful. It really makes me happy when we can both shatter our egos, and just connect, because truth is the only reality there is; not the illusion of i feel this way and you feel that way. getting past that is truth. Animals really dont pose a difficulty for us in this way. They themselves are natural and true at their level, but we are a being with additional dimensions to our existence, and we cant forget, or neglect that.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
HOw did a thread about dogs became a discussion about religion and metaphysics. Anyway i have to agree with OP, my dog is the definion of love, hes gives it uncondionally. Even when he gets a telling of, hes back on my lap within seconds.kIN fact he goes over the top with the affection, he actually comes across as being too needy. Hes a bichon frise and i can remember this thing he used to do when he was younger, Hr used to pretend he had a bad led and limp around in front of us, but as soon as anyone left the room, He usd to stop . Beautfiul animals.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Judaism may not have such a desire; but according to Samael Aun Weor, Zionism does have such a desire.

And who is Samael Aun Weor for you to treat him as some prophet?

For instance, the Temple institute in Jerusalem, is undoubtedly a "zionist" organization, in that it seeks to tear down the dome of the rock and rebuild the Holy Temple. This same orgnization has a website called universalTorah.org, another one called bfm101.com, Azamra.org, and ive been following these sites, listening to weekly lectures, for 2 or 3 years now, and i have got the complete OPPOSITE message.

This zionism hysteria, is nothingless than reinciting antisemitism, under a different veil. Ingenius, is it not? Most Jews are zionists. And if zionism equals, the right of the state of Israel to exist, than 95% of Jews fall into that category. Meaning, what?

What is the rationale behind Samael Aun Weors codification? What differentiates these black rabbis vs white rabbis. Its completely and utterly absurd. Please, how can you explain to me, or justify this nonsense? Theres no difference, theologically, between either. They are the exact same. This separations hes made has created the impression that hes a tolerant guy, but in truth, he has simply one agenda; which is the same as the Roman Church and the western pagan elite, to DESTROY Judaism, as Alice Bailey made very clear in plan for a new world order.

It is taught that the Ain Soph Aur is of Absolute bliss, and is reflected mainly in Chokmah, the Sambhogakaya or the Enjoyment Body of the Adi-Buddha or Adam-Kadmon. Of course Chokmah is the first emanation of Kether, and Kether is the first emanation of Amen-Ra, the Ain Soph Aur.

I am more than a little distrubed by these 'gnostic' Qabbalah teachings. They have nothing to do with authentic kabbalah. Can i ask a question? how come all the historical kabbalistic books, from the Zohar, until the Etz chaim, were published by Jews and covered orthodox Jewish subjects? Around the late 1300s, after the publication of the Zohar, christian writers began 'writing' books on Kabbalah. Im sorry, but it appears to me that theyve stolen, not only the wisdom of kabbalah, but the fact that it is an integral part of Judaisms esoteric dimension.

Im not denying that a similar esoteric current exists in other religions. Im just challening this lie, popularized by gnosticteachings, that the Torah can be interpreted according to the antinomian belief in gnosticism. Judaism, is completely different from gnosticism. Not "zionism". Judaism. Talmud and Mishna and Midrash is no more compatible with the gnostic perrenial philosophy than what he considers "zionism". Do you get that? This is an erroneous separation with no fact in reality. Its completely ABSURD.

Hes seriously deluded your understanding of Judaism, and clearly, even though you havent bothered to learn better from authentic Jewish sources, you believe every last word of it.

Its funny. Esau, symbolizes the gnostic mentality, which is why hes identified with Rome/Christendom. Se'ir, another name for Esau, means 'hairy' - in the same sense that dionysus was described. The Torah is a REJECTION of that belief system. Get it straight. Its identity theft, what samael aun weor has created. him even saying that Talmud is ok, but Zionism isnt, is even more cooky and absurd than the stuff coming from those "Every Jewish is evil" crowd. Atleast their consistent with their ignorance.

In the Gnostic teachings, it is taught that the most dangerous Black Magicians are found in the plane of intellect. Not that we shouldn't develop intellect. Just that it must be utilized in service of God, with Meditation, if we are to not become slaves of it. The lunar mental body has to be purified, so that it does not remain as a tool for our egos.

Judaism agrees. The intellect, must govern the heart. So, how is Judaism wrong here?

Do any books on orthodox Kabbalah teach Pranayama and/or Sexual Magic?

Orthodox Kabbalah is an oxymoron. Kabbalah, is synonymous with Judaisms esoteric dimension. It has never been separated from it. Pranayama does indeed exist in Judaism. Its associated with the Hebrew word, Chedvah, meaning "joy". Its 4 letters each parallel a stage in the breathing process. Chet = 8, inhalation, Dalet = 4 time to hold, Vav = 6, exhalation, and Heh = 5, seconds to rest. It basically describes the ideal meditative breathing process. The idea is to inhale and experience the creator recreating you at every moment. Every breath is a breath of the joy of life. Its a beuatiful, and completely peaceful time to connect with G-d. I do it every night.

Now, Sex magic? lol. that is completely, unJewish. That is the essence, of paganism. Judaism doesnt look down on Sex in the sense that christianity does. Its just understood as a very intimate and meaningful affair between a husband and a wife. Also, it should be done in a modest way. So, no 'kama sutra' and experimenting with different positions to 'open up channels'. Thats all pseudoscientific "Nachash" unnecessary divination hokum. A man and his wife can make love everynight. Theres no limit to how often. But, it should be done with a love and sincerity, and with the intention to procreate. To a gnostic this a very tough pill to swallow, but to me it epitomizes the honesty and sincerity of their commitment to each other, and G-d. Liberalism is not relevant here That is a pagan idea (liber being the roman bacchus or hindu siva). If i were to do as many do, to have sex, and drop my seed. Does that not suggest a selfish motive? That my desire was for the pleasure? Or for giving pleasure to another? Those are both inadequate reasons. The ultimate fact is that G-d created this pleasure to be experienced in a certain context; and not to be indulged in for its sake.

Again, this demands discipline. Can you explain to me how you can talk of chastity AND sex magick? How exactly does that work? dont orgasm? dont you think thats the epitomy of arrogance and selfishness? Is there not enormous pleasure in delaying an orgasm? as well as spiritual 'benefit' in that you generate vital, ANIMAL (key word here, the authentic kabbalah explains what this practice accomplishes) energy.

YHVH as Yahovah is a name of The Solar Logos.

You understand the higher name as relative to the lower name. Elohim implies the perspective that youre speaking of. Its equal gematria is HaTeva (nature = 86) and Kli YHVH (vessel of YHVH). YHVH is a transcedent name, not associated in anyway with human beings. When you start speaking of a lunar and solar body, youre speaking in pagan, esoteric terms. YHVH is not the 'universal self', which would more properly be associated with Adam Kadmon (or Metatron). The Ohr Ein Sof uses the name YHVH to connect with his creatures only AFTER they overcome the limitations inherent in this world, likened to Egypt (mitzrayim also meaning 'straits' or limitations)./ Therefore, one has to conquer his own nature, HaTeva (and thus Elohim) in order to draw down the influence of YHVH. This, can only be done by keeping away from the 7 proscribed activities in the '7 laws of noach (also a commandment, in the Talmud. If samael aun weor is pro-Talmud, he should also be pro- the 7 noahide laws, should he not?)

And that "little" difference that you're referring to, may be subtle but not exactly little.

Please. you cant even identify what that difference is. I said it only to emphasize that "zionists" are politically active, whereas non Zionists, arent. Theologically, they are not different. So, how come one is considered a "white magician" and the other a "black magician"? That implies the first is good, and th other, bad? so basically, Jews who are politically active, who want their nation to be governed by the laws of Moshe, are EVIL? Is that what Samael means to say?

The Great Work is about the Innermost (not the intellect) making Man in Gods image. As one Gnostic instructor has said, the Bodhisattva (Tiphereth) is never God. The true Tiphereth is Man made in Gods image.

its paralled in the macrocosm. So, there actually is a political movement, behind the greatest and most powerful institutions on this planet, to make the world in 'mans image'. Also, i get you probably have good intentions, so sorry if im coming off as brash, im just irritated by this insolence by gnostic thinkers in displacing traditional Jewish spirituality, now only practiced today by the orthodox community. Tifereth, is the image of god, yes. But what G-d? That is the question. Thats why i said Adam Kadmon, in Kabbalistic terms, is the object of wroship in gnostic and hindu and almost all pagan thought. G-d is made irrelevant, while the universal 'self' reflected in man, is worshipped.

G-d, the Oh Ein Sof, who gave Torah and gave man laws - hes ignored. His will is being usurped and challenged.

Im not completely sure if Judaism is against this practice. Ill ask, and see. Its definitely not spoken about. But,what about children? Wasnt G-ds first commandment "be fruitful and multiply" obviously the most meaningful? one cant Never reach orgasm. What about his seed and power to influence.

I think the problem with sex magick is the belief that mans spiritual power lies in this. I believe the Torah criticizes this very practice with the story of Onan. He was in the habit of 'pulling out' and not orgasming, to preserve his spiritual strength,.

G-d alone gives strength, and it comes with much greater power when we perform his will, through the commandments. Maybe THIS is the power of the Torah, and Judaism and its message for all humanity. That sex magick, and promiscuity is not the answer. G-d will give, and allow us to grow spiritually without this dehumanizing and debauched practice.

Again, ill ask a Rabbi friend of mine who is quite educated in esoteric subjects. I'll see what he has to say.
edit on 23-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
HOw did a thread about dogs became a discussion about religion and metaphysics. Anyway i have to agree with OP, my dog is the definion of love, hes gives it uncondionally. Even when he gets a telling of, hes back on my lap within seconds.kIN fact he goes over the top with the affection, he actually comes across as being too needy. Hes a bichon frise and i can remember this thing he used to do when he was younger, Hr used to pretend he had a bad led and limp around in front of us, but as soon as anyone left the room, He usd to stop . Beautfiul animals.

Im sorry about that. just ignore that conversation and we can allow the dog discssion to continue.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Nice post op, it is interesting to see someone make a mandala like that.

I feel dogs master a sort of in-the-moment-ness that humans sometimes try to achieve. Perhaps this is why they are said to be sensitive to the paranormal. I do not know of their specific tradition in any shamanic way other than....

Sirius has a strong tradition in metahysical terms and is known as the dogstar. The Sphinx may be a dog not a cat. We have cerberus and a lot of use in occult as dogs of duality. The origin of the term dog soldiers comes from a rich native American culture steeped in myth but some say the true origin was canine humanoids from the sirius system....

They bark at the moon.......lupine and vulpine creatures, do shaman find it easy to shapeshift into canine creatures? Are the werewolf/lunatic myths and crossover representing a connection that has slipped our knowledge. Man's best friend?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
To be against Zionism is not "anti-semitism". In fact, even to be against Judaism would not be "anti-semitism". To be against those who speak Semitic languages would be anti-Semitism.

Anyway, a relevant quote about the symbolism of the dog:

Gentleman, allow me to inform you that the dog of Mercury is strictly symbolic, since this clearly allegorizes the sexual potency.

Hercules took this dog out of the abyss so that it would serve him as a guide, and we do likewise when we achieve chastity. That is, by working in the forge of Cyclops, by practicing sexual magic, by transmuting our creating energies, we advance on the path of the razor’s edge until achieving the final liberation.

Woe to the gentleman who abandons his dog! He will be mislead from the path and will fall into the abyss of perdition.

Regrettably, the intellectual animal mistakenly called human has not achieved chastity; in other words, the intellectual animal has not taken Cerberus out of the infernal domains. Now you will comprehend for yourselves the reason why the defunct suffer within the Plutonian abysses when they hear the frightful barks of Cerberus, the dog with the ravenous, wide, threefold throat. It is obvious that the lost ones suffer the insatiable thirst of lust within the frightful Tartarus.

Chaste Sexual Magic is of the path of Tob (Purity).

Orgasm, whether it is in a monogamous relationship or not, is of the path of pollution or Ra (the Hebrew "Ra" is not to be confused with the Khemetian RA). With fornication (orgasm), our Nachash becomes polluted.

With Pranayama and Sexual Magic that is based on Chastity, our Nachash is Purified.

All the world's great Religion's scriptures state that the orgasm is fornication (by the way; Onan did not preserve his sexual seed. He spilled it on the ground, and was smitten for doing so.). "Neither shall you commit fornication". How can we perform the Will of God (Thelema) if we are fornicators? (Also, adultery and fornication are not the same thing. The Sixth Commandment should be translated as "fornication" not "adultery". Because adultery pertains to the Ninth Commandment).

Fornication (orgasm) and lustful thoughts are one extreme, while suppression of sexuality is the other extreme. Both lead to degeneration.

The Middle Way is Transmutation. This is where the semen of the man, and the sexual energy of the woman, are Transmuted into Spiritual energy, so that the sexual matter does not 'boil over'. Single people stay in Chastity by Transmuting with Pranayama, and Couples Transmute with Sexual Magic.

In bachelors and bachelorettes, the sexual energy rises up the spine within the two pathways known as Ida and Pingala or Od and Ob. In Couples, the sexual energy does the same; but the Kundalini is also awakened, which rises up Sushumna, the central column of the spinal chord.

The Jewish religion does not own the rights to the teachings of the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge. The Khemetians, Sumerians, Phoenicians, etc. taught these teachings for hundreds, even thousands of years before the Hebrew people ever came to Palestine. All authentic Religions are precious Pearls strung on the Golden Thread of Divinity. The idea that there is only one specific religion that is true, to the exclusion of the rest; is an exoteric idea only, not an esoteric one.

Here is what the Hebrew scriptures say about Sacred Sexuality:

Sacred-sex.org: Judaism

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wow, this thread sure went off topic... Going back to the OP,

Dogs... biggest influence of my life.

When I was 5 years old, I got thirsty in the middle of the night, and went to the kitchen for a glass of water. It was pitch black, and when I got to my kitchen, I clearly saw a glowing white dog giving me a smirk as it panted. I screamed and ran to my room and put the covers over my head. I realized later in my life this dog was just trying to say hello.

Years pass, and in 2004, we go to the humane society, and what do ya know, there is the ghost dog from my youth! Same smirk, same dog! Except in this form, she has black fur.

This cutie doggy has played a huge role in my life, and she still lives with us. She's on the porch right now. I am gonna have to go give her a big hug after this post.

Dogs are amazing. Their intelligence is astounding.

Thank you OP. great thread, and this post is to help get it back on track.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

To be against Zionism is not "anti-semitism". In fact, even to be against Judaism would not be "anti-semitism". To be against those who speak Semitic languages would be anti-Semitism.

Anyway, a relevant quote about the symbolism of the dog:

Gentleman, allow me to inform you that the dog of Mercury is strictly symbolic, since this clearly allegorizes the sexual potency.

Hercules took this dog out of the abyss so that it would serve him as a guide, and we do likewise when we achieve chastity. That is, by working in the forge of Cyclops, by practicing sexual magic, by transmuting our creating energies, we advance on the path of the razor’s edge until achieving the final liberation.

Woe to the gentleman who abandons his dog! He will be mislead from the path and will fall into the abyss of perdition.

Regrettably, the intellectual animal mistakenly called human has not achieved chastity; in other words, the intellectual animal has not taken Cerberus out of the infernal domains. Now you will comprehend for yourselves the reason why the defunct suffer within the Plutonian abysses when they hear the frightful barks of Cerberus, the dog with the ravenous, wide, threefold throat. It is obvious that the lost ones suffer the insatiable thirst of lust within the frightful Tartarus.

Chaste Sexual Magic is of the path of Tob (Purity).

Orgasm, whether it is in a monogamous relationship or not, is of the path of pollution or Ra (the Hebrew "Ra" is not to be confused with the Khemetian RA). With fornication (orgasm), our Nachash becomes polluted.

With Pranayama and Sexual Magic that is based on Chastity, our Nachash is Purified.

All the world's great Religion's scriptures state that the orgasm is fornication (by the way; Onan did not preserve his sexual seed. He spilled it on the ground, and was smitten for doing so.). "Neither shall you commit fornication". How can we perform the Will of God (Thelema) if we are fornicators? (Also, adultery and fornication are not the same thing. The Sixth Commandment should be translated as "fornication" not "adultery". Because adultery pertains to the Ninth Commandment).

Fornication (orgasm) and lustful thoughts are one extreme, while suppression of sexuality is the other extreme. Both lead to degeneration.

The Middle Way is Transmutation. This is where the semen of the man, and the sexual energy of the woman, are Transmuted into Spiritual energy, so that the sexual matter does not 'boil over'. Single people stay in Chastity by Transmuting with Pranayama, and Couples Transmute with Sexual Magic.

In bachelors and bachelorettes, the sexual energy rises up the spine within the two pathways known as Ida and Pingala or Od and Ob. In Couples, the sexual energy does the same; but the Kundalini is also awakened, which rises up Sushumna, the central column of the spinal chord.

The Jewish religion does not own the rights to the teachings of the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge. The Khemetians, Sumerians, Phoenicians, etc. taught these teachings for hundreds, even thousands of years before the Hebrew people ever came to Palestine. All authentic Religions are precious Pearls strung on the Golden Thread of Divinity. The idea that there is only one specific religion that is true, to the exclusion of the rest; is an exoteric idea only, not an esoteric one.

Here is what the Hebrew scriptures say about Sacred Sexuality:

Sacred-sex.org: Judaism

Well, i just demonstrated for you why the Torah cannot be interpreted, properly, in a gnostic fashion.

You would think its legalistic tone throughout would preclude that.

Also, you might want to sharpen your understanding of Hebrew. Only one of many possible interpretations of onans 'spill' can be interpreted as spilling his seed. Ramban (nachmanides) explains that he was doing this very practice. Go look up the verse itself, if youre Hebrew is good enough.

Anyways. Judaism from its very beinnings has rejected this promiscuous, and indeed, very selfish 'delaying' of the orgasm. I dont really care what pagan religions have to say about 'the seflishness' of having Children. Judaism does not promote sacred magick nor wanton spillin of he seed (just read zohar, again, if you have even done that, to understand how sinful wasting seed is). Sex should only be engaged in for the sake of procreation, and bringing pleasure to your spouse.

This is actually quite an offensive idea. So orgasm is evil? That would mean that the very first commandment of the holy one, "be fruitful and multiply" is evil.

I know that gnostics would prefer to see a planet with a very tiny population, only because 'this world = suffering" and procreation itself is for the sake of perpetuation of the species.

Judaism sees be frtuiful and mulitiply as the most sacred commandment. The idea that this planet is 'overpopulated' is a grand lie, as well as the mathusian theory that says that the supply of food cant keep up with population growth. That evil theory itself lent credence to dariwnism and the social psychology of today.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh and those quotes are taken out of context.

Do you notice how many kids orthodox families have? 8, 9,10???

obviously, forbidden 'dropping' of seed is not meant in the way you understand it.

Sure, ill entertain the idea that this sex without orgasming is ok. But its between a man and his wife. And clearly, the only time it IS ok to release seed is when its done for the sake of procreation, which, as you can see, is quite often in a Jewish household

"Be fruitful and mulitply" is take seriously, and joyously. A large family is quite a beuatiful thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I love my dogs more than many people. There's something so beautiful about them. I wish they could talk
edit on 24-11-2010 by Justsomeguyhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

That attitude is a little silly. Most people who don't like dogs are terrified of them because they had frightening expierience with a dog as a child.
They might pretend not to like dogs but the truth is usually they are afraid of them. I have seen many people like this. This then gets worse becuase when these people have children.The children develop a fear of dogs because of their parents fear.

Instead of being wary of people who don't like dogs it would be better to try and put them at ease around your dog.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Well, i just demonstrated for you why the Torah cannot be interpreted, properly, in a gnostic fashion.

You would think its legalistic tone throughout would preclude that.

Well, I think we ought to just agree to disagree on that, for right now.

Also, you might want to sharpen your understanding of Hebrew. Only one of many possible interpretations of onans 'spill' can be interpreted as spilling his seed. Ramban (nachmanides) explains that he was doing this very practice. Go look up the verse itself, if youre Hebrew is good enough.

My Hebrew is admittedly not very good. Anyway, I'll have to look into that. And also look up Maimonides (Rambam) as well (who I saw that you have referred to elsewhere).

Anyways. Judaism from its very beinnings has rejected this promiscuous, and indeed, very selfish 'delaying' of the orgasm.

In order to awaken Kundalini-Shakti (Shekinah), the orgasm is not just "delayed". It is avoided altogether. The Gnostic and Tantric view is that orgasm is selfish; because it wastes a portion of our Spiritual energy which could be Transmuted for the benefit of others, instead of getting wasted on a fleeting and temporary pleasure like orgasm.

I dont really care what pagan religions have to say about 'the seflishness' of having Children. Judaism does not promote sacred magick nor wanton spillin of he seed (just read zohar, again, if you have even done that, to understand how sinful wasting seed is). Sex should only be engaged in for the sake of procreation, and bringing pleasure to your spouse.

Does the Torah, Talmud, or Zohar say that wasting the seed is okay at all, if only for procreation? It only takes one seed to engender a child. Why waste millions of seeds when only one is necessary?

Samael Aun Weor taught that if a couple wants a child, but without breaking the Sixth Commandment ("Neither shall you fornicate"), they can pray in order to have one sperm escape during Chaste Sexual Union. If they deserve it, it is said that the prayer is granted.

Although sometimes one seed does escape and fertilizes the ovum, whether the couple prays for it or not. But this is supposed to be very rare.

Also, in the Gnostic context, monogamous sex for pleasure between man and woman is okay, as long as the orgasm is not reached. However, if their focus on physical pleasure outweighs the Spiritual side of Sexual Magic, then only the lower chakras are said to get developed, even if there is no physical fornication. Also, Transmutation is only truly effective when there is Love, not lust. In other words: Non-attached Love, instead of attachment and desire. Although, since we have so much ego because of our past fornications, we can't necessarily help but start out our Matrimonial relationship with some degree of lust; that is, until we eliminate our egos, which is not a overnight process.

This is actually quite an offensive idea. So orgasm is evil? That would mean that the very first commandment of the holy one, "be fruitful and multiply" is evil....

...Judaism sees be frtuiful and mulitiply as the most sacred commandment.

We would have to interpret this as being less literal, and more symbolic (Kabbalah is after all, the Key to deciphering the symbolic Torah and Gospels); because if we were to interpret "Be Fruitful and Multiply" as allowing for the orgasm, it would directly contradict the Sixth Commandment which commands us to not fornicate (again, it is the Ninth Commandment that Commands us to not commit adultery). "Be Fruitful and Multiply" refers to being Fruitful Spiritually, and Multiplying Spiritually by developing all of the Sephiroth within ourselves. Although I think that it can also be somewhat literal, on some level, without contradicting the Sixth Commandment; in that we can still procreate physically without reaching orgasm, if we pray to have one seed escape during Chaste Sex (see the following post).

ATS Post: Forbidden Fruit

Also, according to the Gnostic teachings, ANYONE who intentionally fornicates (reaches orgasm), more or less supports the agenda of the Black Lodge; whether they call themselves Orthodox, Zionist, non-Orthodox, or non-Zionist. Desire is the cause of suffering (this can be seen in the 10 Commandments), and the main cause of desire originated with the orgasm. This is not only taught in Tantric Buddhism (reference: The Dalai Lama) and Tantric Hindiusm (reference: Swami Sivananda), but is also explained in Beres hit (Genesis).

So things like envy, jealousy, greed, anger, pride, physical lust (orgasm), lustful thoughts, racial-prejudice, homosexuality, etc. all unleash the forces of Klipoth into the world.

Remember that Yesod (related to Eden and Sexuality) is the Foundation.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by amc621

That attitude is a little silly. Most people who don't like dogs are terrified of them because they had frightening expierience with a dog as a child.
They might pretend not to like dogs but the truth is usually they are afraid of them. I have seen many people like this. This then gets worse becuase when these people have children.The children develop a fear of dogs because of their parents fear.

Instead of being wary of people who don't like dogs it would be better to try and put them at ease around your dog.

Nah - dontreally is bang on.

It's not always about fear. I also never trust someone my dogs dont warm to.

It's a dog thing!

edit on 24-11-2010 by stellify because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join