It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs and Metaphysics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Speaking of metaphysics and dogs again, this little guy comes running when I even think of a dog biscuit.
He's with me almost 24 hours a day, which helps being "in tune" with each other.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbc12030ffe2.jpg[/atsimg]

I also have a golden lab that seems to jump up barking everytime there's a loud noise in one of my dreams. It's a nasty way to wake up. Dogs are supposed to help keep your blood pressure down, at least I have the little one to balance out what the lab puts me through

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9581723de279.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
In my experience, I wouldn't have to meditate to arrive at the feeling of bliss.

True. Since Bliss (not to be confused with desire) is our Essential Nature (Neter), sitting Meditation is not necessary for experiencing the unconditional Bliss of one's Being.

However, by staying in Chastity (not to be confused with celibacy) and by learning how to Meditate formally (sitting Meditation), we do deepen our connection to our Being. And when our egos get completely removed, our connection to our Being is Continuous (Tantra means: Continuum).

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
When two people can connect on a very mature, and enlightened level, that to me is true pure love, and beautiful. It really makes me happy when we can both shatter our egos, and just connect, because truth is the only reality there is; not the illusion of i feel this way and you feel that way. getting past that is truth.

Animals really dont pose a difficulty for us in this way. They themselves are natural and true at their level, but we are a being with additional dimensions to our existence, and we cant forget, or neglect that.

Well said. "They (animals) themselves are natural and true at their level." I also wonder about people who don't like animals. I don't care all that much to have any animals myself, but I almost always enjoy the company of other people's pets.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Dogs teach us so much about life if we are willing to listen and learn. I'm consistently amazed, entertained and humbled by these entities. They are incredible!

Woof Woof!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Speaking of metaphysics and dogs again, this little guy comes running when I even think of a dog biscuit.
He's with me almost 24 hours a day, which helps being "in tune" with each other.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbc12030ffe2.jpg[/atsimg]

I also have a golden lab that seems to jump up barking everytime there's a loud noise in one of my dreams. It's a nasty way to wake up. Dogs are supposed to help keep your blood pressure down, at least I have the little one to balance out what the lab puts me through

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9581723de279.jpg[/atsimg]

A quaint little example of how emotional dogs are is how easily theyre affected in when they sleep.

When my dog has a nightmare, and she starts making grawls or crying noises, i go "shhh" very faintly. She doesnt wake up. She just stops. Her unconscious picks up the command and shes quieted by my "shhh"...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We recently had a major earthquake here in Christchurch New Zealand. Since then we have been experiencing aftershocks. It's interesting watching how the dogs react:

Lucy (in the Avatar) doesn't budge. It's like she ignores it and it goes away.

The two Lab. x Spaniels we have dive under the bed/couch etc and stay there for at least ten minutes after the shaking.

The Cocker Spaniel just barks at it until it goes away!

When one of the dogs has a 'nightmare' and makes those noises, I say "Good boy/girl" and that seems to work.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Is she a Ridgeback? She's beautiful. Lovely dogs. I want an English Bull Terrier when I grow up, always have. But only one that likes cats. No Ridgebacks for me, just in case I decide to get a Lion

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Is she a Ridgeback? She's beautiful. Lovely dogs. I want an English Bull Terrier when I grow up, always have. But only one that likes cats. No Ridgebacks for me, just in case I decide to get a Lion

My dog is a quarter ridgeback. ... She actually has a very faint, light 'ridge' along her back. She got it from her half doberman, half ridgeback mother.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

We recently had a major earthquake here in Christchurch New Zealand. Since then we have been experiencing aftershocks. It's interesting watching how the dogs react:

The two Lab. x Spaniels we have dive under the bed/couch etc and stay there for at least ten minutes after the shaking.

The Cocker Spaniel just barks at it until it goes away!

When one of the dogs has a 'nightmare' and makes those noises, I say "Good boy/girl" and that seems to work.

I dont know what the hell their crying about.

She plays, eats, plays some more, sleeps, everyday.

What can the crying in her nightmares be about? lol

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Haha, yep, she's a Ridgeback X Rottweiller and loves OUR cats (we have four felines too!). However, she doesn't like other cats visiting our property.
I love our dogs. We never lock our back door (who is going to steal my rocks and cross-stitch, let's be realistic!) and they are wonderful 'dog bells' whenever someone comes a knocking!
I can also tell from the timbre of the bark whether it is someone we know or a stranger.

One of the best times of day for me is when I come home from work to be greeted, unconditionally, by these beautiful friends.

Originally posted by dontreally

I dont know what the hell their crying about.

She plays, eats, plays some more, sleeps, everyday.

What can the crying in her nightmares be about? lol

No ideas either. I think it is actually a sound of enjoyment, like they're dreaming about running along a beach and coming across a dead seal to roll in, or something! "Nightmares" is probably just an anthropomorphism.
edit on 24-11-2010 by aorAki because: added more lines (some even had words!).

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here's some metaphysics for you:

the Labrador channels the lima bean:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2353e1370337.jpg[/atsimg]

Artie spends fifteen minutes totally freakin' out and building a snow fort in four feet of snow, then proceeds to lie down and make like he's going to sleep!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d92824e5a936.jpg[/atsimg]

Cliché or not ... it's a dog's life! Artie reposes:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62c2b766d5e4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Artie looks a bit like mine (the post a few up the page from here). He's mixed with Sheltie Collie.

Hank will run around in the snow, fast, with his bottom jaw scooping up the snow
and then he'll lie down and eat snow until he's too cold. Then he's into his chair to warm up.

Golden labs just want to please people. Mine is getting too fat, but I say it's because he's so full of love

Now I have to give him some tough love and put him on a diet, while retaining enough winter fat to play in the snow.

Dogs = truly loving, loyal friends
edit on 24-11-2010 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

pardon the derailment, but:

I don't know why, since Labs are notorious for their appetites and consequent poundage, but every one I've had has self-regulated their eating ... more or less. Tucker, the one before Artie, would eat a few mouthfuls every few hours. That was the way it went. I'd leave food out all the time ... he'd never eat it all. It was soooo convenient for lazy me.

Artie eats twice a day and when I put it down, he scarfs it up. But if I put it more down, he won't touch it! How weird is that?

Jack would eat whatever you gave him, but he didn't get fat. None of them have, which is unusual. Tucker and I went to obedience school for a while and there were about seven yellow Labs in the class ... pretty much all were overweight except for Tucker, even the young ones were already putting it on. It's not me! Except that I feed my dogs zero human food.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Your first one isn't a Lhasa, is it?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I love dogs, but the lady next door has made a huge mistake by putting a vicious acting pitbull next to my walking path. I don't know what that lady was thinking but we gonna bump some heads if she don't take that dog inside. Pitbulls aren't even allowed by our real estate company. That dog is a trained guard dog and i won't be snarled at when walking to the mailbox through my own yard.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

He's a cross of a Shihtzu and a King Charles Toy Spaniel. Sweetest little thing, 12 lbs.
He seem to have mostly Shihtzu traits, I have to trim his hair every couple of days, it grows so fast, and doesn't shed.
He loves people, but he dominates the Lab all the time. He's not neutered, but the Lab is. Good thing the Lab is sooo nice, he's 70 lbs. Poor Hank usually goes and hides when the little one (Ned) grouches at him. Crazy dogs.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

I don't know why, since Labs are notorious for their appetites and consequent poundage, but every one I've had has self-regulated their eating ... more or less. Tucker, the one before Artie, would eat a few mouthfuls every few hours. That was the way it went. I'd leave food out all the time ... he'd never eat it all. It was soooo convenient for lazy me.

Artie eats twice a day and when I put it down, he scarfs it up. But if I put it more down, he won't touch it! How weird is that?

Jack would eat whatever you gave him, but he didn't get fat. None of them have, which is unusual. Tucker and I went to obedience school for a while and there were about seven yellow Labs in the class ... pretty much all were overweight except for Tucker, even the young ones were already putting it on. It's not me! Except that I feed my dogs zero human food.

I have a slightly too thin Shepherd/Husky/Coyote cross, who regulates her own eating carefully, the Lab eats everything indoors and outside (frogs even, yuk), and the Shihtzu gets fed his own little stew of half meat, fish, or egg, and a vegie. His teeth are too small for the same dry food the big ones get, and he's got perfect health. I researched a lot before giving him people food.

Looking at mine, I think dogs are just like people. Some have weight troubles no matter how much exercise they get, my Lab is always running as fast as he can in circles around the yard. My Shepherd is older, thin, and sleeps all day.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

lol.

Your dogs really cute.

When winter comes around i cant wait to play with my dog in the snow.

Thats what i love about my dog. In the summer she jumps off the dock by the cottage at the lake. She swims in the water and sometimes we bring her on the boat with my cousins dog and they come out with us to the cliffs. Theres one cliff which is like a 10 foot drop. Another, much higher one is around 35 feet (i prefer this one for myself). Anyways, she jumped off the 10 foot drop last year and it was really funny. Shes a very daring dog. Shes a quarter Rhodesian Ridgeback (a dog used for hunting lions in south africa) and Doberman. So she have that daring quality to her. But shes also half lab, which makes her very playful and good at dock jumping (Labrador retrievers i believe have the longest stride)

And in the winter we play outside in the snow, or on the ice. I throw snowballs at her, she runs around trying to catch them with her mouth.
edit on 24-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
I love dogs, but the lady next door has made a huge mistake by putting a vicious acting pitbull next to my walking path. I don't know what that lady was thinking but we gonna bump some heads if she don't take that dog inside. Pitbulls aren't even allowed by our real estate company. That dog is a trained guard dog and i won't be snarled at when walking to the mailbox through my own yard.

I think pitbulls are banned in ontario.

a few years back a literal girl was brutually killed by a pitbull.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

I have a slightly too thin Shepherd/Husky/Coyote cross, who regulates her own eating carefully, the Lab eats everything indoors and outside (frogs even, yuk), and the Shihtzu gets fed his own little stew of half meat, fish, or egg, and a vegie. His teeth are too small for the same dry food the big ones get, and he's got perfect health. I researched a lot before giving him people food.

Looking at mine, I think dogs are just like people. Some have weight troubles no matter how much exercise they get, my Lab is always running as fast as he can in circles around the yard. My Shepherd is older, thin, and sleeps all day.

Coyote cross?

post pics.

Or is that your avatar pic?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join