It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Or Coke ???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
mrq

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Anyone know what the ingredient in Dr. Pepper is that makes it taste like..ermm... well, Dr. Pepper? I'd heard a rumor that it was a flavoring taken from prune concentrate, but never read or heard anything to confirm that.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Here's what I was able to find...

The formula for Dr Pepper is proprietary, but prune juice is definitely not one of the ingredients. It is a blend of many spices and flavor extracts. The color is supplied by caramel especially made for the product.

ask.yahoo.com...

Not exactly what I thought...I have to space my Dr. Pepper's out - I can't stand having that taste in my mouth for too long - Tre sweet

mrq

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
hrmmm. well, I know more about it now than I did before

Thanks for finding that info, EnronOutrunHomerun.
(kool avatar btw!)

I don't particularly love Dr. Pepper either, but, I've found that Diet Dr. Pepper is the diet soda that tastes most like it's non-diet version.

I'd definitely opt for H20 over soda...especially after reading this thread. Except when having pizza...then it's gotta be Coke.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

(kool avatar btw!)

Thank you - picked it out today...

I've found that Diet Dr. Pepper is the diet soda that tastes most like it's non-diet version.

So true...

Out of my own interest I looked for something a little more detailed than boring old yahoo...here's a website with more information on Dr Pepper than is mentally healthy.
www.faqs.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
With my East Texas childhood and young adulthood, I grew up drinking Coke. And, I paid for it when I hit my 40's. Or, I should say, I paid the dentist dearly. My husband finally convinced me to give up the coke, but it was too late to prevent a major amount of laser surgery on my gums, etc.
joey

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow...I think I'm gonna go brush my teeth now...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Mythbusters on the Discovery channel had tested some of the coke 'legends' on episode 5. Pretty entertaining...

dsc.discovery.com...

(Not that it matters, but I prefer the occasional Pepsi)

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yeah, I had great teeth. Orthodontics and the whole schmeer. By the time I was in my 40s, despite regular use of floss and good cleaning systems, I had signs of gum disease. The problem was directly traced to my insane consumption of coca cola in my youth and adulthood. It wore down the enamel. Hence, I had laser gum surgery (something everyone should investigate..it's much less painful and time intensive than open flap surgery, has fewer risks, and better results), The drawback is that it's expensive and only found in large cities. However, when you factor in the time lost from work due to traditional gum surgery and the pain etc., I think you will be pleased with the price. I'm no advocate for the dental industry, but the idea made sense to me...to erradicate infection by literally vaporizing it with lasers. This not only does away with inflection, but allows the gums to adhere more closely to the teeth. You might want to check the sight at www.milleniumdentistry.com....
joey

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

insane consumption of coca cola

"So Doc...ya got the news - I'm sorry Billy, it's worse than we thought...it's... insane consumption of coca cola...I'm sorry"

I think that phrase is going to be become more and more popular though...I have a friend who drinks nothing but coke - swears by it - He went to New York on vacation and the first place he wanted to visit was the Coke museum...He also once thought he actually got drunk off of drinking so much coke in one sitting...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I quit drinking cokes about a year ago and switched to drinking water and lost about 10 lbs in the process. If I try and drink a coke now it grosses me out way too much sugar for me.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yeah this has already been mentioned but I watched the Mythbusters on Coke. Almost everything listed there about coke is false. The only thing it did do pretty well was clean chrome, but it doesnt get rid of blood, and I checked with some Cops I know, they do not carry it with them. It doesnt dissolve meat, it doesnt dissolve pennys or shin them. Its all false.

As for Dr. Pepper, the original formula was a prune extract but that has been replaced by various chemicals that simulate the flavor. Its completely artificial now. It was also originally served hot as a cure-all elixer. And we all know how prunes cure-all!

Ill stick with water but when I drink a soda its caff. free, diet Pepsi.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
All carbonated beverages will leach calcium from your bones. This is especially true for women of child-bearing years.
The calories are bad for you, they are empty calories that play hell with your blood sugar.

The aspartame is bad for you (sugar-free). It can also stall weight loss, for some reason.

Water, with a little lemon is my beverage of choice.

The fact that drinking water will help get rid of water weight (bloat) is true.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
good info, never really knew any of that stuff, but it is not that surprising.

Ill take a water though.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann
it doesnt dissolve pennys or shin them. Its all false.

I would suggest that you don't believe everything you read. I did this myself, and it did clean the penny. Try it, it is very easy to try.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
The aspartame is bad for you (sugar-free). It can also stall weight loss, for some reason.

It makes you retain fluids. BTW, I drink the same, with lime cordial.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What about mineral water? Anyone drink that? I like the occasional Perrier - but some of the other stuff they sell in Europe just makes me sick - that, and when you ask for water you get no ice!

I'm from the south - when I get drinks down here they come with tons of ice due to the humidity

A have a german friend who lives here in Tally-ho with me tho, and she can't get used to having too much ice in her drinks, unless it's a frozen drink (with alcohol), beacuse her teeth are too sensitive.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Isn't mineral water carbonated?
It's the carbonation that must be consumed judiciously. Not just the sugar.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yeah - mineral water is carbonated
Some are flavored, some just taste like bubbly water and some straight-up taste like salt water

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I stopped drinking all carbonated drinks, because I have problems when 'passing' them.

Water is great. Reverse osmosis will remove most of the contaminants from tap water.

[edit on 7/1/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Yeah - mineral water is carbonated

And the carbonation can leach calcium from your system, just as with sodas.
_______________-

Bangin~~
True, true. Especially in the quantities I drank. On top of the aspartame bloat. Blech...blech...BLECH.
Also, cola products cause bladder infections in some people. Sorry if that is TMI.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join