It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Or Coke ???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I second the recommendation on reverse osmosis. Phoenix has the worlds hardest, nastiest water. We have a reverse osmosis system and NEVER use tap water for ice cubes, washing veggies etc. We may be a little whacko on the subject, but my MIL swears by this strategy and she's 97. I listen to what that lady has to say about health LOL

joey

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My dream.... to loll in a pool of cool Coke while sipping an ice cold Coke on my first day off in National Coke Week in the beautiful mountain town of Cokeville. *droooooolz*

Of course, in reality I just like a good Coke now and then. Seems to be especially in the afternoon when 2pm hits and I'm just not interested in being at work anymore.

Water. Weird thing is, no matter how thirsty I am I want soda or iced tea or something that has flavor. I can chug water and it seems to make me more thirsty. Maybe it's a case of having to get used to it? I switched to diet soda in an attempt to cut down the sugar intake, but it's tough to give up the Coke. Even if I drink iced tea or coffee with sugar... same caffeine, same sugar... I still want a Coke. Is it the sugar, the caffeine or the carbonation that's addictive?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Maybe it's the combination of that fizz that hits the back of your mouth and the flavor. Whatever it is, Coca Cola has it figured out

*Runs to vending machine, curses it for being out of order and falls into fetal position*

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Look, for all I know it could very well be very bad for you!! But I really like Coca-Cola and Pepsi... and im a caffiene addict so SHUT UP!! =P

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
www.baptistmom.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Didn't get the jest there....

[edit on 7/2/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I SAID... and I Quote -

Originally posted by The_Squid
Look, for all I know it could very well be very bad for you!! But I really like Coca-Cola and Pepsi... and im a caffiene addict so SHUT UP!! =P

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
whatever man - you could at least be mature about your posts

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Jesus... I am mature about most of my posts... but theres nothing wrong with being immature, if theres a problem with ANYTHING its being TOO MATURE

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
ok - cool

I do a lot of immature things myself - I just didn't appreciate the fact that this was your first post on this thread and you felt the need to tell us to shut up, that's all

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It was a "SHUT UP" as if in "i dont want to hear that its bad for me" way and it was a joking "shut up"

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Squid
It was a "SHUT UP" as if in "i dont want to hear that its bad for me" way and it was a joking "shut up"

There, it's very common for people to drink 6 or more tins of fizzy drink everyday.

fizzy drink - hehe...
I grabbed that from a Q&A on BBC - has a lot of the same info we've been discussing here on it
BBC

However, I would personally recommend that pregnant women are particularly cautious about how much diet drinks they consume, simply because the unborn baby's brain may be more vulnerable to the toxic effects of any chemical which can get into its system.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Eh? Its really funny how these type of discussions begin all simple and to the point.... then (unless its a good topic) after 3 pages its gone completly off point (with perhaps a small amount of relivence to the topic you started with)

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
Not sure where to put this so feel free to move if you can think of a better place.

Water Or Coke ???
Which one is the 'Real Thing' ???

We all know that water is important but you've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population.)

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

COKE
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would YOU like a glass of water or Coke?

How has this discussion gone off topic? Maybe you'd care to add something else to the board besides your undirected ill temper.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
These are the types of things that you refer to that plague the pace and topic of a discussion board...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Coke is evil, Pepsi is God. Coke started out, no one drank it. What do they do? They put CO-F*CKING-CAINE!!! in it! Pepsi never had to use coc aine for Pepsi is god. Mountain Dew is the master, his brother Code Red and adopted sister Livewire are his servants, and I am a follower.

All hail Mountain Dew!(Pepsi better than coke, check the carbs and surgars and stuff) and Pepsi knows how to do vanilla.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I will admit that Pepsi is better than Coca-Cola, however I will stick up for it!! Coca Cola is nice, and isnt evil!! They actually started off with putting Cocaine in it as one of the ingredients before it was illegal and they found out how bad it was for you (truly it isnt that bad everyone just recons it is) and the fact it was addictive so the goverment banned it and they replaced it with other things.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the LesserPepsi never had to use coc aine for Pepsi is god. Mountain Dew is the master, his brother Code Red and adopted sister Livewire are his servants, and I am a follower.

Maybe we should retitle the thread - "WWJD: Water or Coke to Wine?"

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hey, I was wondering, why is alchohol considered bad in most christian branches? Jesus was the ultimate bartender! Hell, it cost maybe a cent to fill a glass with water, little bit of magic, you have wine for 3$ a glass. ultimate money making scheme!

BTW, Crapa-Cola knew it was bad. How do I know? Because they evil! They are out to take over the world! Unlike Pepsi, Pepsi loves you Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssss much!
Besides, I would rather be blessed by Mountain Dew than Sprite. Sprite tastes funny.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Jesus was the ultimate bartender! Hell, it cost maybe a cent to fill a glass with water, little bit of magic, you have wine for 3$ a glass. ultimate money making scheme!

Interesting idea there - Jesus Vineyards - Taste the Magic - lol
What if I told you you can get a desent bottle of wine for the price of one glass of Jesus Vineyards tho? eh? Check out my post here - "Gas...or Wine?"

I would rather be blessed by Mountain Dew than Sprite. Sprite tastes funny.

Mountain Dew

Sprite

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ahh H2O the elixir of life.
I drink at least 8 glasses a day. Of course I do like vanilla coke, especially if I make it my self by putting some real vanilla into regular coke

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join