It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Water Or Coke ???
Which one is the 'Real Thing' ???
We all know that water is important but you've never seen it written down like this before.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population.)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
Originally posted by FredT
Coke and others softdrinks hide the real killer: Diabetes
Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
In science 10 we did the T-Bone Steak and Iron Nail thing and yep it worked...
It hurts to think that my favorite drink is so bad for me (Rum and Coke).
Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Does diet caffiene free coke have the same effects? Thats what I drink.
As far as its acidic effects, the mucus memberanes secrete more than adequate protection from the acid like properties.
I wouldn't sweat it, your stomach acid is much stronger that Coke. It won't take 2 days for that steak to disappear there.