It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George H.W. Bush to Get Medal of Freedom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

George H.W. Bush to Get Medal of Freedom

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com< br />

President Obama will present the Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor, to former president George H. W. Bush and 14 others with careers in politics, the arts, business and sports.

In a statement, Mr. Obama said the award recipients “have lived extraordinary lives that have inspired us, enriched our culture, and made our country and our world a better place. I look forward to awarding them this honor.”

Warren Buffett is an American investor, industrialist, and philanthropist.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This makes me PHYSICALLY ILL. I just don't have enough words to say how stinking WRONG this is.

Anyone supporting Obama after this BS needs to go to a mental hospital.

This is just outrageous. Giving war criminals pro-dictatorship police state advocates MEDALS OF FREEDOM? REALLY?

Makes me sick and Obama have just risen in the index of pieces of trash in history.

I know this is just the elite stroking each other's junk but come on now, there's freaking limits to the hubris.

What's next? Giving medals to Hitler for being kind jews? Pure freaking insanity...

I'm gonna go get drunk now... this is just too much.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yet another award he can put in his Award storage crate! shame about the inoccent blood it all cost.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes, disgusting.
And, this is perhaps the dawn of understanding for some people that were fooled by Obama and the politics of the corporatist United States of Despair.
But, a new dawn is on the horizon...they have overplayed their hand. You will see.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yeah but he's being awarded the medal by a Nobel Peace Prize winner.
How could they be wrong?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This makes me PHYSICALLY ILL - chill guy, I know its not easy to relax in the face of such incredible stupidity and it took me a long time to wean myself off from similar reactions but acting in this way will not to you any good and in the medium term drinking will lead to depression, forewarned is forearmed they say.

Edit cause its the daddy bush who got it and not the most recent one, still daddy bush is a very bad man and was part of an administration whose policies included genocide in South America.
edit on 17-11-2010 by yyyyyyyyyy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2010 by yyyyyyyyyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The Divine Comedy

The political circumstances and symbolism underlying all this are absolutely hilarious, and serve to reinforce what I've been saying for many years:

The only immutable law of the universe is the Law of Irony.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I feel an absolute disgust by this.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Gotta love the massive symbolism involved in this.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Is laughing so hard, right now! Hang on. aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh-hahahahahaha....Nooooooow i 'GET IT'. "They're" having a party...and "us" civilians...aren't invited. They act as if we don't even live on this planet. And, they certainly act like we don't have a right to say or do anything, about their ORGANIZED criminal activities. And, now that i think about it....maybe we don't have a right. I mean, who are 'we' to interfere with "their" agenda?

People help build their army....line their pockets with ducketts....hell, even pay for their luxurious vacations; with their J.O.B.s.

See, most people...have no life, outside of their jobs.....so, they HAVE TO WORK, in order to feel a sense of 'accomplishment'; so they can "feel" like they're doing something with their lives. IF people stopped working and actually grew their own fruits and veggies; raised their own cattle; milked THEIR OWN COWS; baked their own breads...gov'ts would be out of business...and politicians would be unemployed. That plain, that simple! But, that aint gonna happen, most b-cuz, people are too scared to do something about the injustices being done, in the name of 'freedom'.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I wish I could laugh at his.. but.. WHY?!?!?!

I can't believe this..

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Now, see, I thought that Obama getting the noble peace prize was ridiculous. I came to accept what it could possibly mean when I researched it a little more. I didn't like that it was given to him so early, as I would like to see a wide variety of things done for this nation and world that are not being done, but I accepted it with a frown.

This is a whole new level of stupid. They really do not care about us. They say anything, mandate anything, and carry out anything and get awards. This is beyond me...

Proletarians versus Bourgeois

That's all its ever been. To disagree is an outright declaration of servitude.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just to show you that Obama and Bush are one in the same. Tools to be had by the corporate conglomerate and financiers...Not to mention that they too were profiteering from the wars they started. How convenient.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Some people TAKE "FREEDOM" and run with it to the extent their behavior reflects a predatory mindset.

We might as well congratulate Orions for abducting and eating human flesh.

Shall we also award globalists for aluminum-barium powder in our soil, fluoride in the water, genocidal acts against indigenous peoples, black ops terrorism, torture of innocents and their war-profits?

It seems to me there's a certain population of self-congratulatory people who really need to get gone from leading our world; and their ideology begins with a Z.....

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Im from ireland i just have to have my say i know are country is in sxxt. Dont want to afend anyone but why would you give george bush a medal what has he done for your country invade countries for no reason and make up stories
that they have done this and done that with no proof england included total bull. Im getting sick and tired of every goverment when elections come its always they mest up and we vote in another party and we say they will change everything i have copped on now they wont there all the same money hungrey fxxks and they will do what they want to keep there bank balances up i have been out of work for nearly two years ive applied for every job you can think of and still no joy and im been told il get less after the december buget be coz im still on the dole the european union is a joke the people of ireland voted for the lisbon treaty and we were told jobs would be there where is the jobs its coming out that are country was pissing are money away on crap america was doing the same why does america give money too other countries instead of looking after there own why are they giving jets that cost billions to israel for a 3 month cease in building and after that they can do what they want im scared of the future there will be another war and when it comes we are all fxxxed silly medals that dont mean sxxt to me and you sorry for the rant

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by happydays26

Our country, just like yours, is governed by the same criminals. We did not vote to give Bush any award, if we voted for anything, many of us would vote to have him put in Guantanamo holding cell forever.
At least you Irish fight, we Americans are still mostly happy because OZ is still lit up with bright lights.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thats the problem my friend we dont fight anymore because we are afraid we sit and moan about how we are pissed off about whats happening and we are afraid in case we get arrested and cant even leave the country to go on a holiday because we have a criminal record its sad but true

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Forgive the language but this is a sick circle jerk of the Demagogue's Self Adoration Club.
Politics has become easy to understand though -
Whatever they do, name a bill or say they want you can be sure
the exact opposite is the truth of the matter.
"Clear skies initiative:"
"Patriot Act",
"Operation Iraqi freedom" ,
Nobel "Peace Prize"
and now "Freedom Medals".

I could spit!

edit on 17-11-2010 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here's what Ben Fulford in Tokyo says about what's going on with Bush and Obama:

Weekly Geopolitical News and Analysis

President Obama’s 10-day Asian begging tour produced nothing as governments of the world refused to provide any more life-support to the US’s corporate government. George Bush Senior, meanwhile, used Obama’s absence as an opportunity to fly trillions of dollars worth of financial instruments and gold to Singapore. This money will be spent on a shopping spree of some sort designed to strengthen the Nazi branch of the US secret government, according to CIA, MI6 and Asian sources. Multiple sources also report the Khazarians are planning something truly awful, including perhaps the mass murder and expulsion of Muslims from Europe. Viscount Ettiene Davignon, Chairman of the Bilderberg group promised to hold a press conference “as soon as the smoke clears.”

I think this is brief enough, and to the point. I don't know how true it is, but Fulford has been narrating the behind-the-scenes bankster news since Chris Story in the UK was poisoned and died.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This is a joke right?

I hope its a different George Bush they are talking about

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join