It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercenaries Info needed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Does anyone here know of Mercenary groups out there?
Like real ones with retired CIA and military....

The reason is I am seriously thinking about starting my own company that specializes in hunting down terrosists. There would be no politcal or religous limitations. Just Hunter and Prey action.

Our motto would be "Terrorizing Terrorists so they don't Terrorize you".

Well what do you think of the idea... and is anyone interested in Joining?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I read an story in I beleive Jane's Defense not to long ago that the USA is already hiring Merc units to serve in Irag. Will try to find the link and post it.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Karl der Grosse]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
the link :www.janes.com.unfortuneatly you'll need to subscribe to see back issue's. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Mercenaries are now called by the politcally correct term of 'Security Agents'. Many firms offer such services, for example:

Vance

Wackenhut

Armor Group

ICP

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Karl, there's a story on ATSNN which refers to the article I believe you're talking about:
US utilizing private soldiers in Iraq

Kigga, have you read any novels by Dale Brown (not to be confused with Dan Brown)? In one of them (unfortunately I don't recall the title) he talks about a high-tech, well-funded group of ex-US soldiers that wages private wars against terrorists, basically exactly what you're talking about.

The question is, who decides the policy that this group follows? How do you decide who the targets are? How do you fund the group? Do you hire it out as a private army to pay for your other actions? At first it sounds like a great idea, but there's too many pitfalls that would be hard to avoid.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well in order to get money to run my company i would get certain sponcers willing to fund my activities...

As for who decides the targets, we do... the owner of the company.
or we get hired to do something about a specific target.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Read the book Corporate Warriors, by someone Singer, published by Cornell University Press.. it has an appendix with a list of the names and web addy's of most of the major players, as well as a good general history/overview of the industry.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The question is, who decides the policy that this group follows? How do you decide who the targets are? How do you fund the group? Do you hire it out as a private army to pay for your other actions? At first it sounds like a great idea, but there's too many pitfalls that would be hard to avoid.

Exactly...but I did find a little personal opinion of a congressman...be it a little old...on his take on bounty hunters, which is actually not negative.
www.house.gov...
I think to a certain degree, bounty hunters should be allowed - what else are those 8 figure digits for on the heads of well known terrorists.

[edit on 7/1/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kigga
Well in order to get money to run my company i would get certain sponcers willing to fund my activities...

As for who decides the targets, we do... the owner of the company.
or we get hired to do something about a specific target.

But you would have to be careful about what targets you are choosing. Say, for example, you were hired by Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War, and then were hired to stay on and drill the Iraqi recruits afterwords. Then, in 1991, all hell breaks loose, and you're on the wrong side of the war party! What can you do? You, and your men, and your company would be considered 'traitors' by the U.S. If you desert the Iraqis, then your reputation as a professional security/fighting force is ruined. No-one would hire you again.

That's the trickiness to it. But it would be so awesome, hehe.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
here's a list of merc's and other contractors formerly active in iraq:

icasualties.org...

-koji K.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well its a great idear you have for a job but i dont think somehow its one for the future.There are some best of the best outfits out there no doing what you are talking about and thinking about it would you really like to be mixing it up with Terrorists in the middle of nowwhere with out lets say government support .

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is wierd. Just a couple of months ago, I looked up this site
www.sandline.com... and they stated due to overwhelming
response, they would only consider persons with 'full' military
training. Now they say they have announced the closure of the company's operations.
My guess is they just changed the name. (Sandline still have a working e-mail)

But I found this,
Mercenary Lieutenant-Colonel Tim Spicer, whose Sandline work in Papua New Guinea turned into a public relations and military fiasco, has now landed a plum defence contract in Iraq with another company.
www.asiapac.org.fj...

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
If you did try a Merc INC within the borders of the US, you'll find you are either legal and operating under the ausipes of the Federal government normally under Homeland Security. If you are not part of the US system either outright or part of its Shadow Armies then you are a threat to national security.

State Department which hires out most of the contracts to security organizations control the US passports needed to enter US Embassies in forgein countries. If you are not cleared for foregin travel by our state department and are found overseas with weapons... well you are a a merc without a home and persona non gratus.... no human rights.. better leave this sort of thing to those who have the experience.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well, let's go down that path for a distance: The motivation to risk the life of a freelance intell person is money. At $2000-4000 per day. Next, If you modeled such a venture and group after Israel's Mossad, which I would consider to be one of the most effective intell, assassination entities in the world, you need critical human assets paid on a monthly basis @ $25,000 pp.

This primary group, by qualification, presumptivley has the language skills, the contact interface and the necessary cover and do not stand out in any way to draw attention. They are not trained as militarists but perhaps more fitting to the training of an FBI agent. That would establish the intelligence level of information gathering.

Next, In order to obtain information from constructed sources which may take months or years to cultivate and have redeeming value, absolute guarantees have to be made to provide safeharbor at some point to them and family members. Money is a good motivator at this level but nullified if there is no forseeable means to utilize such funds for an envisioned lifestyle once an operative is exposed or suspected.

Assuming that such safety guarantees are made from within the US intell authority (US Government access and resources are necessary for this type of operation) the next level in the structure has to be intelligence coordination into CIA which collects data from the military and has access to other countries and information databases. Pictures and verification ARE CRITICAL.

So, the information gathering and verification process is 99.7% of the venture. Professionally stalking then pulling a trigger or making a "final" arrangement on a verified high value target is the easiest part.

Oh, one more thing, never attempt any such intelligence venture during a democratic administration. They believe the world is structured much like Sesame Street .

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kigga

interesting - been thinking along similar lines for some time and acting on these thoughts.
how global is this initiative - if indeed there is an initiative ?

have skills in gathering the correct data and able to merge into various parts of the world, experienced in military operations and security and police actions

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I do not mean to insult the OP, but the reality of the situation, simply put, is that if you were good enough to be considered to even be in the employ of one such company-- let alone start from the ground up-- then either like-minded people would come to you, or you would already know them.

A friend of mine started up a company with a former military colleague of his about two years ago, they already have a few contracts and are gaining a reputation...then again both men are living legends in certain circles, so it did not take much palm-greasing I am sure.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Isnt it like a militant group?

I dont know much about starting a company like such, maybe just start buying guns and training guys and look for some one to purchase your services.

I would join it would be exciting and dangerous.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
in afghanistan we were only allowed 20,000 troops so the us hired 30,000 mercenaries i am actualy looking for a group like what you are trying to create good luck to you and it is becouse of the loophole above mercs will always be needed

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

My friend, and trust me I mean NO DISRESPECT when I say this, please stay in school and dont get yourself involved. You'll get hurt.

AB1

top topics

<<   2 >>

join