It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big News: AboveTopSecret.com is 1,693!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Rise Of The Conspiriati

Originally posted by davespanners
I'm amazed that fbi.gov gets that amount of traffic!
What are people doing over there?

Reporting what we're up to, I presume.

The "Secret Sauce"

On a slightly more serious note, I just want to reemphasize something our illustrious Overlord said:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
This is an incredible validation that the combined efforts of us (ATS staff) doing our best to ensure civility and decorum, and you (our members) are doing your best to to fill the information voids of mainstream media with compelling content.

Us mods get a lot of grief for being sticklers on manners, but civility is the "secret sauce" that makes it possible for people from all over the world with wildly different points of view to share opinions on all manner of controversial topics. Topics that on other forums would rapidly devolve into pointless, unreadable flame wars.

Without courtesy, ATS simply wouldn't be possible.

But it's not just us mods. Every day I see so many of my fellow members tackling hot-button issues with patience, tact and poise. And every member who does so inspires other members to do the same.

Without in any way ignoring the incredible effort the owners and staff put into this site, it is my sincere, heartfelt belief that the good members of ATS, who are the heart and soul of this community, deserve ultimate credit for its continuing success.

You are what makes ATS great.

Thank you for being the best.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is defininately good news, but beware.......the more you are noticed.....the more you are noticed by the elites as well. With popularity comes attention, with attention like revealing government secrecy.......comes political attack and possible foreclosure of freedoms via supposed "online t3rroism". Just like they did with Wikileaks. It gained popularity and shortly after was attacked by government. Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow this is amazing!

Thank you staff and fellow members for making this site great.

Take care everyone and have a safe and fullfilling weekend!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well great !!
I do my best to promote
Please send check via mail

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Congratulations! That's quite a milestone!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
well this is the real world example of the field of dreams.

Surely you arent supprised.... and surely if not all ready you will be getting some support from unnammed sources.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"When the battle is over, tighten your helmet straps"
-samurai maxim

I would also like to say that this just makes ATS
a bigger target, as well.

David Grouchy
edit on 13-11-2010 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wonderful news, and my heartfelt congrats to you guys. Well deserved!

One thing to consider... More visibility will lead to bigger and better advertising revenue, some of which no doubt will be from some very 'mainstream' sources and advertisers. Some might take issue with some of the topics discussed and viewpoints expressed, and request a 'toning down' of those topics/viewpoints.

I know this is a commercial enterprise... but....Please, PLEASE, always remember what's made this site so successful, and please don't ever be tempted to throw the metaphorical baby out with the bathwater.

Apologies if my comment causes any offence... and once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The put our 1,693 number in perspective, as of November of 2010, ATS is in the top 0.008% of all websites on the Internet.

This in itself says a lot. To be a part of this world wide network of information, is wonderful, and I believe that ATS, buried in its many pages and topics, often hotly debated, contains all the answers out there that are capable of being seen from earth perspective, if we could only discern and unravel it. It's all on here.
edit on 13-11-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am very excited for ATS and the public. Surely this is a sign of the awakening and the populace will open their minds to the topics discussed on ats.

Kudos ATS, and to all it's contributing members.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well done ATS staff and members.

Here's to ye!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt if for one moment that the disgruntled journalists of the world, who can't make a difference in their professional lives, are on ATS, and other sites and blogs, doing what they can to make a difference, even though this goes far beyond simple news, and leaks, this is indepth, and out of the box, discussion of many many topics, and gives people a chance to choose what their interests are.
edit on 13-11-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Alright ATS!

When I came to ATS I was 16 years old, roughly 2 years ago.

Its the only forum i have ever joined.

Its the only one I will ever join.

Whats better than ATS?

It has close to no trolls, and the ones we have are shunned like the children they are.

Its all formal, with the random non formal thread which gets just as much attention from the members. Meaning, the level of intellect dose not determine your star/flag count or even amount of views.

All in all, ATS is as good as it gets. We are all researchers and reporters for this Global....well thats incorrect, Universal database in which all information considered relevant by anyones perspective can be explored.

To ATS, I thank you for your contribution to society. It was truly needed.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Awesome job, ATS staff and members.

This is my favourite website and am on here daily everyday.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Congratulations to everybody!

Originally posted by zorgon
So ummmm where do I pick up my check?
Here.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/305e5b71d472.png[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well despite my personal and frequent criticisms of this web site, it ceratinly poo's all over every other conspiracy website on the internet.

Congrats SO

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I'm curious, there was a peak on Nov 9, what story drove that?
edit on 13-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

Obviously ATS arranged to fire a missile off the coast of California in an effort to enhance their Quantcast ranking.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
it ceratinly poo's all over every other conspiracy website on the internet.

Well... "pooing" on any other site is certainly not our intent.

Though, it's interesting to note that even with the Drudge Report placing Prison Planet's coverage of the TSA full-body scanners on their home page for nearly a week, prisonplanet.com still has not broken through a Quantcast rank of 3,000. So even though a big "eyeball competitor" receives favorable treatment from a top-tier site (Drudgereport is 73 on Quantcast), they've not be able to come close to our rank.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
humm, so I guess now that every word being said, every thought being uttered, actually means something.People are taking notice.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Your welcome.
And not just the IT refrain.

zune.net --- sounds like Microsoft mp3 player top ipod and itunes but might be wrong but
people like music if thats what that site is all about.
villagevoice.com --- hip people can't know everything
shopzilla.com -- what will amazon do
fbi.gov --- people are catching the crooks
totalprosports.com -- everything sports

So ATS can match any of them.

And our current traffic is beating these other popular sites:
foxsports.com
thesmokinggun.com
popularmechanics.com
zdnet.com
bbc.com
technorati.com
breitbart.tv
gigaom.com

They have nothing compared to real information.

Congratulations to ATS and its members.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join